Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    ^^^ :bawling:
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I'm sad my whispering hands is gone now, I don't think she meant harm...just a really passionate person that let it all out. :(

I think you can still pm me if you want to talk wh....
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    I also don't think she meant any harm in her post. She was speaking her mind, which is never a bad thing. Unless you speak your mind in some forums. Which some find a bad thing. Is it worth banning her, absolutely NOT.
  • Options
    And yes the PM's I've received and others have received looked as tho we were being talked down to.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,304
    i dont know what happened,with members .or fights ,or locked thread cos im not reading daily the forum. ,but i agree 100000% with SPEEDY
    there are rules..like it or not its how it is..
    and this place is for fun.,.
    the rules in real life out there are more cruel and more difficult to live with them
    here in the forum?its easy to understand when to stop..
    and there is a big difference be here for fun,like all of us and away different story to work at this place like admins does..
    years ago,Kat told me when i had a personal problem that we believe in second chances...
    and make me realise its nice to be nice to others here.no matter what..
    im pretty sure some members over the years who got banned had more than 2 chances to stay here..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,877
    badbrains said:

I also don't think she meant any harm in her post. She was speaking her mind, which is never a bad thing. Unless you speak your mind in some forums. Which some find a bad thing. Is it worth banning her, absolutely NOT.

re-read her post. you might think differently. it was pretty harsh.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    lolobugg said:

Kat said:

lolobugg said:

Kat said:

There can be a long history that you are unaware of  - that's something to keep in mind.

I'll be honest, this is something that I don't think about sometimes or think about after I hit - post comment.
    good point...
    Kat, I would just ask that if we start a thread about random stuff, as long as we don't offend anyone...
    is that ok? it's all encompassing, ya know.
    none of these guys/gals on here have malicious intent.
    we treat this forum as about "OTHER" topics.
    I post more on the PJ forum but do enjoy posting on here too.
    I think you meant you post on Porch? When we created this forum it was with this intent which is at the top of the AET page:

All Encompassing Trip
    Movies, Sports, TV, Books, Games, Career, Travel, non-Pearl Jam topics (not a chat room)

The not a chat-room part was to avoid it becoming too cliquey because there was a problem with people feeling left out and there were hurt feelings and so we tried to avoid all that moving forward. PM chat threads can help that. This forum is for just about every good topic that isn't Pearl Jam (except for news/politics/activism, which go in A Moving Train).
    We hope that helps. Stay warm

Ok, thanks.
    I am "newer" to the boards.... don't know the history.
    alright.. anyone wanna chat? PM me. :hang_loose:
    Go pm yourself!
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192

lolobugg said:

Kat said:

lolobugg said:

Kat said:

There can be a long history that you are unaware of  - that's something to keep in mind.

I'll be honest, this is something that I don't think about sometimes or think about after I hit - post comment.
    good point...
    Kat, I would just ask that if we start a thread about random stuff, as long as we don't offend anyone...
    is that ok? it's all encompassing, ya know.
    none of these guys/gals on here have malicious intent.
    we treat this forum as about "OTHER" topics.
    I post more on the PJ forum but do enjoy posting on here too.
    I think you meant you post on Porch? When we created this forum it was with this intent which is at the top of the AET page:

All Encompassing Trip
    Movies, Sports, TV, Books, Games, Career, Travel, non-Pearl Jam topics (not a chat room)

The not a chat-room part was to avoid it becoming too cliquey because there was a problem with people feeling left out and there were hurt feelings and so we tried to avoid all that moving forward. PM chat threads can help that. This forum is for just about every good topic that isn't Pearl Jam (except for news/politics/activism, which go in A Moving Train).
    We hope that helps. Stay warm

Ok, thanks.
    I am "newer" to the boards.... don't know the history.
    alright.. anyone wanna chat? PM me. :hang_loose:
    Go pm yourself!
    :disappointed:

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    RKCNDY said:

I'm sad my whispering hands is gone now, I don't think she meant harm...just a really passionate person that let it all out. :(

she is really passionate person indeed..she is gone..?
    for sure she was always nice and polite to me..i didnt notice something different to others..but im not alot the last year around here
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    I think Logan is in mourning...his avatar is all black.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options

RKCNDY said:

for sure she was always nice and polite to me..i didnt notice something different to others..but im not alot the last year around here
    i always enjoyed her conversation although our political philosophies were about as different as can be.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    SD48277 said:

I think Logan is in mourning...his avatar is all black.

^

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682

i dont know what happened,with members .or fights ,or locked thread cos im not reading daily the forum. ,but i agree 100000% with SPEEDY
    the rules in real life out there are more cruel and more difficult to live with them
    and there is a big difference be here for fun,like all of us and away different story to work at this place like admins does..
    years ago,Kat told me when i had a personal problem that we believe in second chances...
    im pretty sure some members over the years who got banned had more than 2 chances to stay here..

Agreed
  • Options
    lolobugg said:

RKCNDY said:

i always enjoyed her conversation although our political philosophies were about as different as can be.
    i made great friends from this foirum..even in the begging showed like we hate eachother cos we had different opinions..
    alot of times,if not all,we see things only from our view..isnt easy to understand theother person opinion..in the end of the day..this is internet and its for fun..no need to suffer or struggle when we are in the forum

• Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305

Dimitris, you are friends with everyone. I think you know better than most people how to treat people here on the forums. This is a place where we can be serious and where we can be silly too. You are right about the rules. Even if we don't always agree with them, we make a choice whether to live with them or not.

I just hope the people I care about will keep doing that. Speedy made some excellent points in his posts. I'm sure people have reasons to be unhappy or frustrated but I'd rather see people stay and contribute than go away angry.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    been here for quite a while and i never thought i'd see speedy as the voice of reason lol
  • Options
    Imagine if this band had followed rules, what kind of pearl jam would we have.
  • Options
    norm said:

been here for quite a while and i never thought i'd see speedy as the voice of reason lol

Ha ha! :rofl: Know what you mean.
  • Options
    Yes Dimi, there were times when people got warnings...it was a 3 strikes you're out kind of thing. Some people even got fourth, and fifth chances.

Maybe this forum doesn't have the warning system? I think WH deserves a second chance, maybe just give her a month time out, and I'm sure she would behave when she came back. She's such a great person.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    norm said:

+1....
    but he is right. lifetime ban means i don't get a chance to make new friends to add to all the great ones that i have found on these forums.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Well, we don't even know the details of WH's ban, whether it's permanent or temporary. We're just assuming.
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

Yes Dimi, there were times when people got warnings...it was a 3 strikes you're out kind of thing. Some people even got fourth, and fifth chances.

Maybe this forum doesn't have the warning system? I think WH deserves a second chance, maybe just give her a month time out, and I'm sure she would behave when she came back. She's such a great person.

She most DEF DESERVES a second or even third chance cuz I've never seen her post anything worth banning. Even tho I know some of you think her last post was worth it.
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

it does. or it did, anyway, the last time I got one. mind you, that was a long time ago, but at least it used to be 3 concurrent strikes and you were banned. each strike took I think 90 days to reset.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    badbrains said:

Hahaha, a young Ed would have had a lifetime ban for sure.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Usually if it's a temporary ban, you get bars over your avatars. A permanent ban is when your avatars is changed to the red one.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    badbrains said:

we are members of this club and they have rules that they require be respected. just like any club. it really doesn't make a difference what the band has done. Ed has sometimes been disrespectful to politicians, but he isn't part of their club. had he been, he would have been properly reprimanded or banned from that club as well. put it in proper context.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    RKCNDY said:

Usually if it's a temporary ban, you get bars over your avatars. A permanent ban is when your avatars is changed to the red one.

Last person I knew with a "vacation" type ban had the red box of death. I just noticed the bars on an avatar yesterday and they were posting
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options

Dimitris, you are friends with everyone. I think you know better than most people how to treat people here on the forums. This is a place where we can be serious and where we can be silly too. You are right about the rules. Even if we don't always agree with them, we make a choice whether to live with them or not.

I just hope the people I care about will keep doing that. Speedy made some excellent points in his posts. I'm sure people have reasons to be unhappy or frustrated but I'd rather see people stay and contribute than go away angry.
    you know i agree with that Carolyn ..im in the happy position to know even in person most of the people posting here..and to tell u the truth,in person some people are more sweet and kind than their post here..
    as an exable i can tell u about Badbrains..some thinks he is agressive,or very passioned or curse alot..
    i get it....but in person Nart is a fuckin great guy..someone you can count and be happy he is your friend
    and yes..everybody feels a little rebel when comes to rules..maybe helps me the fact im 23 years in Airforce and i know how to deal with rules more easy than others....
    and yes..SPEEDY nailed it..
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,774
    RKCNDY said:

The forums do not have the capability to do a timed ban so it's done with a perm ban that we have to undo manually when a time-out is up.
    Falling down,...not staying down