Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

any of u thinking SA shows late this year?
    im in this time..if our economy dont get destroyed the next days..lol

No SA shows means we go watch barca win champions league final hahaha.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,911
    I wish people would learn how to add. Help me Jebus.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    badbrains said:

Sorry, my Bayern boys are gonna win :)
  • Options

badbrains said:

Sorry, my Bayern boys are gonna win :)
    Hey, as much as I love pep and owe him for my treble(actually 6 in one year) trophies, you're not gonna win this year!
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    I have faith :)
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    edit
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options

I don't she did anything intentionally with malice. She is an animal person. She was peeved, and giving an example, and that is where her mind naturally goes.

this isn't an example, it's a direct comparison:

"But when the ones upholding the rules get like old weaning hounds..."

either way, many have come and gone (i've been close to gone a couple times myself), everyone will get over it.

True, but if you knew her you would know that she prefers dogs and horses to most people. Many may have come and gone, but she is one of the good ones. And she has been here since the beginning.
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Options
    kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636

Hey dimitris...I seriously just want to tell you that I wish you the very best and hope that everything what´s happening to your beautiful country will find a good end as soon as possible!
    I know most of your people disagree with how Europe is dealing with the problems but I´m sure no one wants to treat your people bad.
    I just feel the need to let you know that I hope all will find a good way together! :peace:
  • Options
    kce8 said:

Hey dimitris...I seriously just want to tell you that I wish you the very best and hope that everything what´s happening to your beautiful country will find a good end as soon as possible!
    I know most of your people disagree with how Europe is dealing with the problems but I´m sure no one wants to treat your people bad.
    I just feel the need to let you know that I hope all will find a good way together! :peace:
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,911

I don't she did anything intentionally with malice. She is an animal person. She was peeved, and giving an example, and that is where her mind naturally goes.

either way, many have come and gone (i've been close to gone a couple times myself), everyone will get over it.

True, but if you knew her you would know that she prefers dogs and horses to most people. Many may have come and gone, but she is one of the good ones. And she has been here since the beginning.
    I'm not passing judgment. I don't know this person from an old weaning hound (I don't even know what that is, really). I was just saying that no matter who the person is, saying what she said is not really defendable.

And I don't get "been here since the beginning". is that some sort of defence, like if you are here longer than others you should get a pass? I hear this a lot, and I don't really understand its significance.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,413
    kce8 said:

thanks..means alot
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

I'm not passing judgment. I don't know this person from an old weaning hound (I don't even know what that is, really). I was just saying that no matter who the person is, saying what she said is not really defendable.

And I don't get "been here since the beginning". is that some sort of defence, like if you are here longer than others you should get a pass? I hear this a lot, and I don't really understand its significance.

It's not a 'defense'...I think ocean is implying that WH has a track history of being a 'good egg', hasn't been known as one to stir the pot .
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options

I think what she wrote was in the heat of the moment in defense of friends on the forum. And it could have used a re-read before hitting post, I grant you that.
    She has really been following this band around since it started. I've seen early pics of the band with her in the background. I don't say it as a defense, but more as a sense of personal loss. I didn't discover the band really until the past several years. I feel like I missed out on a lot. She helped me learn about a lot of things that I missed out on. I have never seen her be anything but kind and welcoming to new 10c members. She certainly was to me.
  • Options
    Whispiring hands is good folks. I feel
    Like I'm responsible for her ban. I wonder if there's anyway we can switch positions and have her still here. I know I didn't say what she said, although I've said my share of some crazy shit, I wonder if I can serve her ban for her. She brings more positivity then I do that's for sure. And I'd gladly switch with her if that's possible.
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,083
    wth.. she is banned? i am so out of the loop here
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,562
    Kat said:

RKCNDY said:

Kat said:

RKCNDY said:

Usually if it's a temporary ban, you get bars over your avatars. A permanent ban is when your avatars is changed to the red one.

The forums do not have the capability to do a timed ban so it's done with a perm ban that we have to undo manually when a time-out is up.
    Then what's with the bars? Or does that mean they have a warning?
    On a major warning, the bars go up. It goes by points that it keeps track of with warnings. As previously posted, when the board change came, we requested no bars or banning avatars and were told it couldn't be removed from the system so please don't do anything that would get those avatars.
    you guys need a new I.T. crew.....they "couldn't" do it or didn't want to do it? :grin:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    badbrains said:

Like I'm responsible for her ban. I wonder if there's anyway we can switch positions and have her still here. I know I didn't say what she said, although I've said my share of some crazy shit, I wonder if I can serve her ban for her. She brings more positivity then I do that's for sure. And I'd gladly switch with her if that's possible.

Yes she is and I am very sad that she´s got banned bec I like her too.
    I think it´s very nice of you to feel accountable for her but you are not responsible for what she said ! And I like you here so just don´t think about that. You can do nothing against it anyway and she even would not come back if you would get banned (for sure). You are a good guy!
  • Options
    Does anyone know if she can get PM's? I'd like to reach out to her. If possible, let me know if anyone has an email of here or if she can receive PM's.
  • Options
    And not the physical pms kind either haha, I mean pm.
  • Options
    badbrains said:

oh badbrains - I don't think she would feel you are responsible. Neither do I. And you are right -- she is a really good person. She just got carried away
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    Lizard said:

there's a loop?
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    norm said:

Lizard said:

there's a loop?
    Are you 2 new here or something?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    norm said:

Lizard said:

there's a loop?
    It's norms fault. Damn it norm, why man? Haha, I kid man.
  • Options
    These bars make you realize that everyone is looking at you and reading what you say. Jail I guess. Do not get these bars and the pm that comes along with it folks.

Ensure you preview your posts before posting your comment. Deleting words after you post is too late. What's written was written, the pm you receive with your bars clearly shows you that.

These bars will be off in time but it just feels very heavy when I type now.
    After a long consideration about being thrown in jail.....

• Options

These bars make you realize that everyone is looking at you and reading what you say. Jail I guess. Do not get these bars and the pm that comes along with it folks.

Ensure you preview your posts before posting your comment. Deleting words after you post is too late. What's written was written, the pm you receive with your bars clearly shows you that.

It is kind of embarrassing that they put those bars up, sort of like belittling if u ask me. And I'm sure that pm made you feel small. I know the feeling. Hopefully soon those bars will come off and you'll be free at last.
  • Options

LOL
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329

Pssst...I hid the key under the mat. If that doesn't work, I put a chisel in the pie I baked for you. I saw it in a movie once, put a poster up over the hole in the wall so the guards don't catch on.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    edited February 2015
    A passionately opinionated band attracts a similar fan base. I haven't been around here forever, but I have loved PJ since the beginning.

Since being around here, I've been able to chat it up with Tree/Whispering Hands. We just talked last week about her living in Joplin, returning back through after the devastating tornado on the way through from Wrigley and nothing that she knew was there anymore. She's been involved in a lot of threads I've read/commented on. I look forward to a day when she might be able to return.

Nart/BBrains and I have had wonderful discussions on religion. Insight was invaluable. We've talked about other things, too. I appreciate the openness and willingness to share and to answer whatever question might be asked. Others might dodge or wonder. Nart is always happy to provide an answer and tells you that he's thankful to do so. He truly has a soft heart and is a very good egg.

This fall I reached out to DerbyDave about some advice on GA with the Cincinnati show. He told me what I needed to know. He texted me to tell me to get into the GA ticket line. "Hurry up! Line's getting long!" We've shared music, e-mails, texts, baked goods (the legal kind, y'all) and even recipes. Dave is probably the nicest guy you'll ever find.

Why is it loving on the forum members night? Well, because I appreciate the people I've met here. Are there times that I don't necessarily agree with things? Sure. We're a group of people who have a love for a band, but we aren't carbon copies.

Thank God.

We get passionate.

We write and mean what we write. But then, sometimes editing is also beneficial.

Loving each other doesn't mean that we always have to agree. Loving each other does mean that in the very least, we need to be respectful. We can agree to disagree. We can call people out for things that can be offensive.

In the end, we love a band. Unfortunately, we aren't curing cancer or some other hideous disease. Believe me, I wished we were.

Respect. I respect all of you and your opinions.

No more bans, please. I want to keep all of you around.
    Post edited by deadendp on
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,562
    badbrains said:

you can't.....you're our resident Muslim.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    deadendp said:

A passionately opinionated band attracts a similar fan base. I haven't been around here forever, but I have loved PJ since the beginning.

Since being around here, I've been able to chat it up with Tree/Whispering Hands. We just talked last week about her living in Joplin, returning back through after the devastating tornado on the way through from Wrigley and nothing that she knew was there anymore. She's been involved in a lot of threads I've read/commented on. I look forward to a day when she might be able to return.

Nart/BBrains and I have had wonderful discussions on religion. Insight was invaluable. We've talked about other things, too. I appreciate the openness and willingness to share and to answer whatever question might be asked. Others might dodge or wonder. Nart is always happy to provide an answer and tells you that he's thankful to do so. He truly has a soft heart and is a very good egg.

This fall I reached out to DerbyDave about some advice on GA with the Cincinnati show. He told me what I needed to know. He texted me to tell me to get into the GA ticket line. "Hurry up! Line's getting long!" We've shared music, e-mails, texts, baked goods (the legal kind, y'all) and even recipes. Dave is probably the nicest guy you'll ever find.

Why is it loving on the forum members night? Well, because I appreciate the people I've met here. Are there times that I don't necessarily agree with things? Sure. We're a group of people who have a love for a band, but we aren't carbon copies.

Thank God.

We get passionate.

We write and mean what we write. But then, sometime editing is also beneficial.

Loving each other doesn't mean that we always have to agree. Loving each other does mean that in the very least, we need to be respectful. We can agree to disagree. We can call people out for things that can be offensive.

In the end, we love a band. Unfortunately, we aren't curing cancer or some other hideous disease. Believe me, I wished we were.

Respect. I respect all of you and your opinions.

No more bans, please. I want to keep all of you around.

Well said.
    ELITIST FUK