Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,727
    edited February 2015

badbrains said:

I also don't think she meant any harm in her post. She was speaking her mind, which is never a bad thing. Unless you speak your mind in some forums. Which some find a bad thing. Is it worth banning her, absolutely NOT.

re-read her post. you might think differently. it was pretty harsh.

Yeah, you can't talk about the mods like that and expect not to get banned. I get that she was pissed off, but that was pretty bad. Sorry Whispering Hands, nothing against you at all. Just kind of stating a fact. I'm glad it sounds like it's only temporary at least, and we'll see you back soon!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    badbrains said:

These bars make you realize that everyone is looking at you and reading what you say. Jail I guess. Do not get these bars and the pm that comes along with it folks.

Ensure you preview your posts before posting your comment. Deleting words after you post is too late. What's written was written, the pm you receive with your bars clearly shows you that.

These bars will be off in time but it just feels very heavy when I type now.
    After a long consideration about being thrown in jail.....

It is kind of embarrassing that they put those bars up, sort of like belittling if u ask me. And I'm sure that pm made you feel small. I know the feeling. Hopefully soon those bars will come off and you'll be free at last.
    There used to be people around here who would have worn those bars like a badge of honour.... but they all got banned, lol.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    SD48277 said:

deadendp said:

A passionately opinionated band attracts a similar fan base. I haven't been around here forever, but I have loved PJ since the beginning.

Since being around here, I've been able to chat it up with Tree/Whispering Hands. We just talked last week about her living in Joplin, returning back through after the devastating tornado on the way through from Wrigley and nothing that she knew was there anymore. She's been involved in a lot of threads I've read/commented on. I look forward to a day when she might be able to return.

Nart/BBrains and I have had wonderful discussions on religion. Insight was invaluable. We've talked about other things, too. I appreciate the openness and willingness to share and to answer whatever question might be asked. Others might dodge or wonder. Nart is always happy to provide an answer and tells you that he's thankful to do so. He truly has a soft heart and is a very good egg.

This fall I reached out to DerbyDave about some advice on GA with the Cincinnati show. He told me what I needed to know. He texted me to tell me to get into the GA ticket line. "Hurry up! Line's getting long!" We've shared music, e-mails, texts, baked goods (the legal kind, y'all) and even recipes. Dave is probably the nicest guy you'll ever find.

Why is it loving on the forum members night? Well, because I appreciate the people I've met here. Are there times that I don't necessarily agree with things? Sure. We're a group of people who have a love for a band, but we aren't carbon copies.

Thank God.

We get passionate.

We write and mean what we write. But then, sometime editing is also beneficial.

Loving each other doesn't mean that we always have to agree. Loving each other does mean that in the very least, we need to be respectful. We can agree to disagree. We can call people out for things that can be offensive.

In the end, we love a band. Unfortunately, we aren't curing cancer or some other hideous disease. Believe me, I wished we were.

Respect. I respect all of you and your opinions.

No more bans, please. I want to keep all of you around.

Well said.
    Double that up!

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,603
    this is on my mind in respect to the perceived "clique" thing (which I don't believe exists).....

don't assume any thread is a clique thing....join in...and,if for some reason, you aren't "engaged," move on.

there is a super duper old timer here who doesn't seem to like me much....they never post in any thread I've started and if I post in one of "their" threads, they always ignore me.....whatever....I don't lose a lot of sleep over feeling left out.

I'm cool with just about anyone in the AET.....MT is a whole nother kettle of fish and, for that reason, I rarely venture into its treacherous waters!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive said:

this is on my mind in respect to the perceived "clique" thing (which I don't believe exists).....

don't assume any thread is a clique thing....join in...and,if for some reason, you aren't "engaged," move on.

there is a super duper old timer here who doesn't seem to like me much....they never post in any thread I've started and if I post in one of "their" threads, they always ignore me.....whatever....I don't lose a lot of sleep over feeling left out.

I'm cool with just about anyone in the AET.....MT is a whole nother kettle of fish and, for that reason, I rarely venture into its treacherous waters!

Plenty of people don't like me!

Haha
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    deadendp said:

A passionately opinionated band attracts a similar fan base. I haven't been around here forever, but I have loved PJ since the beginning.

Since being around here, I've been able to chat it up with Tree/Whispering Hands. We just talked last week about her living in Joplin, returning back through after the devastating tornado on the way through from Wrigley and nothing that she knew was there anymore. She's been involved in a lot of threads I've read/commented on. I look forward to a day when she might be able to return.

Nart/BBrains and I have had wonderful discussions on religion. Insight was invaluable. We've talked about other things, too. I appreciate the openness and willingness to share and to answer whatever question might be asked. Others might dodge or wonder. Nart is always happy to provide an answer and tells you that he's thankful to do so. He truly has a soft heart and is a very good egg.

This fall I reached out to DerbyDave about some advice on GA with the Cincinnati show. He told me what I needed to know. He texted me to tell me to get into the GA ticket line. "Hurry up! Line's getting long!" We've shared music, e-mails, texts, baked goods (the legal kind, y'all) and even recipes. Dave is probably the nicest guy you'll ever find.

Why is it loving on the forum members night? Well, because I appreciate the people I've met here. Are there times that I don't necessarily agree with things? Sure. We're a group of people who have a love for a band, but we aren't carbon copies.

Thank God.

We get passionate.

We write and mean what we write. But then, sometimes editing is also beneficial.

Loving each other doesn't mean that we always have to agree. Loving each other does mean that in the very least, we need to be respectful. We can agree to disagree. We can call people out for things that can be offensive.

In the end, we love a band. Unfortunately, we aren't curing cancer or some other hideous disease. Believe me, I wished we were.

And once more. Just beautiful! imageimage
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Options
    Passing on a message from whisperinghands per her request- I am ok and not mad at anyone, mods included. I should have used a more tactful approach; my reference to the mods was very rude. Regardless of a temporary or permanent ban, I apologize for that. But I do stand by the general point of my post.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    An Open Letter to Kat (and Sea, and the other mods, whoever you might be):

When I got back from work today, I found out that whispering hands had been banned. I don't come to the site while at work; if I did, I'd never get anything done. So I didn't see any of this unfold in real time, and it may be that I've missed some posts that have been deleted; I'm sure I've missed some PMs behind the scenes.

I understand that you do a difficult job. I've never been a site moderator, but I live with someone who has been a mod on two different forums, and I can see the job is the very definition of "you can't please all of the people all of the time".

I've read WH's comments in this thread, and I agree that they come across very badly. I'm not really surprised she got banned for them. However, I'm not sure that she intended them to read quite as they sound. WH loves animals, and I think the animal metaphor came naturally to her without her really thinking through how disrespectful it sounded. I think she was suggesting that you mods have dealt with a lot over the years and might be fed up with dealing with juvenile behaviour.

Although I don't know her personally, I do know that whispering hands is a passionate, outspoken person who wears her heart on her sleeve. She has been honest on the forum about having problems with anger. I remember her posts the day she was fired from her job at the factory - from the story she told us, I believe that profanity was freely dispensed, tools were thrown, and a few unwise personal comments were made. She recognized that her anger had gotten the best of her, and vowed to do better in the future. Life is a learning process and I'm sure if she gets another chance to return to the forum she will try to manage it better here, too. I would ask that you consider giving her another chance. or the forum will be poorer for it.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options

When I got back from work today, I found out that whispering hands had been banned. I don't come to the site while at work; if I did, I'd never get anything done. So I didn't see any of this unfold in real time, and it may be that I've missed some posts that have been deleted; I'm sure I've missed some PMs behind the scenes.

I understand that you do a difficult job. I've never been a site moderator, but I live with someone who has been a mod on two different forums, and I can see the job is the very definition of "you can't please all of the people all of the time".

I've read WH's comments in this thread, and I agree that they come across very badly. I'm not really surprised she got banned for them. However, I'm not sure that she intended them to read quite as they sound. WH loves animals, and I think the animal metaphor came naturally to her without her really thinking through how disrespectful it sounded. I think she was suggesting that you mods have dealt with a lot over the years and might be fed up with dealing with juvenile behaviour.

Although I don't know her personally, I do know that whispering hands is a passionate, outspoken person who wears her heart on her sleeve. She has been honest on the forum about having problems with anger. I remember her posts the day she was fired from her job at the factory - from the story she told us, I believe that profanity was freely dispensed, tools were thrown, and a few unwise personal comments were made. She recognized that her anger had gotten the best of her, and vowed to do better in the future. Life is a learning process and I'm sure if she gets another chance to return to the forum she will try to manage it better here, too. I would ask that you consider giving her another chance. or the forum will be poorer for it.

From behind these bars I still read her post as a direct disguised insult.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    deadendp said:

Thank God.

We get passionate.

We write and mean what we write. But then, sometimes editing is also beneficial.

Fucken awesome. Well said
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844

Well, you could be right. I really don't know. I just think there's a chance it was something else.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options

imalive said:

Haha
    Can you blame them? And nobody gives a rats ass about you speedy hahaha, but I do. Oh and your horny Greek friend likes you too.
  • Options
    We have some very well-spoken (and well-intentioned) people here - whether or not we "know" each other, I hope you know the effort and eloquence are genuinely appreciated.
  • Options
    edited February 2015

Well, you could be right. I really don't know. I just think there's a chance it was something else.
    I think it was an insult too, said in anger or frustration, and it deserved a time out. I like WH of course. Just being honest. We know that WH can have a temper - she freely admits that herself (and luckily for her it doesn't seem to come out very often!). From what Kat said, i think she's only in detention, not banned, FWIW, so not that big a deal (though i don't know for sure). The mods can't let a member say that kind of thing without some kind of consequence. It would signal that it was okay... I'm not sure the mods really even had a choice here. I doubt they enjoyed it.

PS - I never sense there is a clique, although in wouldn't know - I've always been oblivious to that kind of thing... There is a shitload of random derailing going on lately though, and I think it's been disengaging a lot of people from some threads, which is something that Kat mentioned - the chat room comment - that rang true to me.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    edited February 2015
    i
    badbrains said:

imalive said:

Haha
    Can you blame them? And nobody gives a rats ass about you speedy hahaha, but I do. Oh and your horny Greek friend likes you too.
    I know u are jealous cos i have the hots for SPEEDY and not for you
    sorry,but you still have choices..u can go to Amsterdam,.u know where and how to found a lover..hahahahahah

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    edited February 2015

i

badbrains said:

imalive said:

Haha
    I know u are jealous cos i have the hots for SPEEDY and not for you
    sorry,but you still have choices..u can go to Amsterdam,.u know where and how to found a lover..hahahahahah

You can have speedy and your boyfriend from Amsterdam you horny fucker! Hahaha. Speedys not my type and that dude in Sweden can't even smoke weed in Amsterdam without getting it taken away. I remember that look on your face when he tried to lick your neck hahaha. Priceless
    Post edited by badbrains on
  • Options
    There's also a lot of crying going on in here to. Do you guys hear some of yourselves? What are we 5? Follow the rules little one, don't derail a thread or try to be funny. Oh come on. People joking around should be encouraged.

Again, the issue people were having was the way we were being reprimanded. And if you don't think we were being talked down to, I'm telling you, we were. I have the pms. I won't post them but I can tell you that being talked to like a 5 year old sucks. Would anyone accept it? Would the mods accept it? I don't think anyone would. Kat didn't like the way WH expressed herself so she banned her. Ill be honest, after reading my pm I would've banned the mod for how I was talked to. Imalive even made a comment regarding it. You can't expect or ask to be respected when you yourself aren't respecting others. It goes both ways. That being said, I hope WH does get a second chance cuz she deserves it. I would say sorry for derailing this thread but how can you derail a thread about what's on your mind.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    There are some really great people on this Forum...including WH.
    that's on my mind today.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,788
    lolobugg said:

There are some really great people on this Forum...including WH.
    that's on my mind today.

I'll be a little lazy and just quote. I totally agree and have been so busy that I missed out on the forum the past few days. WH was instrumental in welcoming me to the forums when I started posting. I really hope she will be back.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,603
    greasy burgers.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,964
    imalive said:

there is a clique. does it bother me? no. it didn't bother me in real life in high school. it doesn't bother me as an adult on the internet.

one dude on here who is everyone's fave constantly says harsh shit to me. don't know why. don't really care. I assume it's because I'm not in the "group". have your group. the "in" crowd on the internet is kind of sad, in my opinion. I'm nice to everyone equally. or at least I try to be. some just feel they are better than others. and let them. it's their problem.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,964
    remember people: the mods don't put up the bars. the mods don't put up that banned avatar. they are open about being against it. it's the software that is used for this forum.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

remember people: the mods don't put up the bars. the mods don't put up that banned avatar. they are open about being against it. it's the software that is used for this forum.

Im serious here..

What the hell are the "bars" you people are talking about?
    I have no idea.

Bars?
    Banned avatar?

Seriously.
    What are you talking about?
  • Options
    Speedy scroll up this page to pjfanwillneverleave1 to see the bars and page 1877 to see whisperinghands post to see the banned avatar
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329

Im serious here..

I have no idea.

Bars?
    Banned avatar?

Seriously.
    Bars = there are prison bars over your avatar. I'm assuming if you have this you are on thin ice

Banned avatar = your avatar is changed to a red background with the words "user has been banned"
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options

Im serious here..

I have no idea.

Bars?
    Banned avatar?

Seriously.
    PJfan's av has bars. And those banned have avatars showing it.

You haven't seen that, Speedy?
  • Options

Speedy scroll up this page to pjfanwillneverleave1 to see the bars and page 1877 to see whisperinghands post to see the banned avatar

Well I'll be damned.
    You learn something new every day.
    Thank you.

• Options
    Hahaha...1-2-3 with the responses.
  • Options

Well I'll be damned.
    You learn something new every day.
    Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmDOdVdt76Y
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,788
    So.... I'm annoyed at Starbucks. They got me all excited about adding coconut milk as an option. I love coconut milk for its taste and many health benefits and like to vary what I eat so appreciate options. Then I asked to read the label. Cane sugar. Grrr
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden