Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    Unfortunately I can't afford to take time off work and they live in KY so I can't go see them...but I'm coping...my boss and coworkers have been very understanding and sweet to me...thank you all for your kind words.
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    marilormarilor St Etienne, France Posts: 618
    PJSiren said:

Unfortunately I can't afford to take time off work and they live in KY so I can't go see them...but I'm coping...my boss and coworkers have been very understanding and sweet to me...thank you all for your kind words.

So sorry for your loss...send big thoughts and hugs for you and your family...
    "We were but stones, ...Your light made us stars"
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,787
    PJSiren said:

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    edited February 2015
    I am thankful for an old friend of mine.
    Post edited by pickupyourwill on
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Happy that ticket bots have been banned in my state!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    i don't know how to make a laughing smilie so just imagine i posted a couple lol
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,813
    Censorship and how it's complete bullshit! I think I need some time away and that makes me sad.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    I'm not permitted to say what's on my mind
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    What the hell just happened?
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    sorry about that guys lol

i'll go back to the doggie thread and sports threads lol
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    Oh brother.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    So much for #iamcharlie
  • Options
    I want some waffles...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,813
    norm said:

sorry about that guys lol

i'll go back to the doggie thread and sports threads lol

It wasn't you, you're funny.
    badbrains said:

So much for #iamcharlie

No Shit eh!
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    I was told someone has to flag a post or thread for them to look at it. If that's the case, then someone is out there ratting people out, reporting posts to the mods. Really? Life is that boring and uneventful that you have to report posts? This place is so G it's not even funny, it's actually quite sad.
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    badbrains said:

So much for #iamcharlie

ha ha ha ha ha.
  • Options
    Compromise, conformity, assimilation, submission
    Ignorance, hypocrisy, brutality, the elite
    All of which are American dreams
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Pettiness is on my mind.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    I'm thinking about the time AT&T censored the Pearl Jam webcast and the band wasn't happy about it
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

I'm thinking about the time AT&T censored the Pearl Jam webcast and the band wasn't happy about it

Censoring the band = bad
    Censoring the fans = ok?
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,774

Censoring the band = bad
    Censoring the fans = ok?
    I'm sorry if people are upset because it's not ok to call each other assholes. It's always been a rule here that name-calling is never ok, not ever. It's the one thing that REALLY pisses people off. If you are friends and normally call each other assholes, that's fine. Do it in Private Messages all you want. Call each other assholes 100 times a day, we won't care unless someone complains that he/she doesn't want to be called an asshole. Keep it off the forums please. It's not necessary to call each other names. Thanks and stay warm. :)

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    I seriously doubt my friend Scott reported me calling him an asshole. He's the only one I called asshole because he told me he's an asshole. I don't understand it. So it couldn't have been Scott and he's the only one I call an asshole. And I would NEVER report anyone calling me an asshole so you lost me on why I'm getting a pm telling me to stop calling people assholes when the only person I called asshole was Scott and I stopped after my scolding pm I received for it.
  • Options
    Kat said:

Censoring the band = bad
    Censoring the fans = ok?
    I'm sorry if people are upset because it's not ok to call each other assholes. It's always been a rule here that name-calling is never ok, not ever. It's the one thing that REALLY pisses people off. If you are friends and normally call each other assholes, that's fine. Do it in Private Messages all you want. Call each other assholes 100 times a day, we won't care unless someone complains that he/she doesn't want to be called an asshole. Keep it off the forums please. It's not necessary to call each other names. Thanks and stay warm. :)

So can I call myself an asshole and not be banned for it? Is it just limited to applying the asshole label to others? I really am a special kind of asshole.
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,774

Kat said:

Censoring the band = bad
    Censoring the fans = ok?

So can I call myself an asshole and not be banned for it? Is it just limited to applying the asshole label to others? I really am a special kind of asshole.
    Only in PMs to yourself.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    badbrains said:

I seriously doubt my friend Scott reported me calling him an asshole. He's the only one I called asshole because he told me he's an asshole. I don't understand it. So it couldn't have been Scott and he's the only one I call an asshole. And I would NEVER report anyone calling me an asshole so you lost me on why I'm getting a pm telling me to stop calling people assholes when the only person I called asshole was Scott and I stopped after my scolding pm I received for it.

Kat, There has definitely been some people on here baiting BB and Last12Exit. They have been quoting them and making it look like they are calling other people "assholes". but I think these two use it as a term of endearment for each other. both of these are stand- up guys. not that my vouching for them means 2 shits but I thought you should know.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Kat said:

Kat said:

Censoring the band = bad
    Censoring the fans = ok?

Only in PMs to yourself.
    Well played. I can't speak for others but I think they maybe took issue with the way they were approached about it. Just a thought. A balmy seventy degrees out here in the desert today. Life is good.
  • Options

Kat said:

Kat said:

Censoring the band = bad
    Censoring the fans = ok?

Only in PMs to yourself.
    Well played. I can't speak for others but I think they maybe took issue with the way they were approached about it. Just a thought. A balmy seventy degrees out here in the desert today. Life is good.
    This and being accused of calling "other" people asshole. I'm not someone who backtracks or hides. I stand by my shit. If I fuck up, I own up to it. I'm not a little boy, who needs a time-out or scolding. Respect is a good thing. People should practice it more, including myself.
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    Firefly Festival Lineup, tickets sales, and sleeping accomadations are on my mind....
    Anyone live in DE that will let me crash in their house? lol
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,871
    Kat said:

Censoring the band = bad
    Censoring the fans = ok?

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ^^^ that would be bungholio...

- Christopher McCandless