*** 2009 Dallas Cowboys ***

Comments

• FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    I am just glad to be back in the conversation. If Dallas had lost that Atlanta game you could have kissed the season good-bye.

Getting away from the Romo talk for a minute, another nice thing to see is the pass rush. We didn't even mention that. Wasn't Ryan only sacked twice all year before this game? And Dallas had what, four sacks? Plus the interceptions. That was a fantastic display by the defense yesterday and a nice rally after that first Falcons drive. Welcome back Demarcus Ware.

Look, Romo is what he is, but if plays a mistake-free game, and the Dallas defense plays like it did yesterday, then Cowboys are contenders. That is all he has to do - not melt down.

Remember it took a last second field goal for the Giants to beat Dallas on a day when Romo had a really crappy game.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    If the D can play like they did yesterday the rest of the season then I think we're contenders. It helps Romo a lot to finally have a good rapport with a wide receiver other than Witten. The other teams D will have to respect Austin's speed and this should help the running game and Williams. Williams still mystifies me though, he had decent numbers in Detroit with a lesser QB and team. I'd still rather see Crayton as number 2. Eventually Jones is going to have to eat Williams contract. I'd like to see them go with the hot hand at the running back position whether it's Barber or Choice. They will never be able to use Jones like the other 2. I wouldn't mind seeing Jones in more passing situations, you get him the ball and the potential for a big play is there. I just hope that if they do win 10 or 11 games Jerry don't get any crazy ideas that it's coaching and resigns Phillips. This team makes a lot of mistakes and gets called for a lot of penalties, as far as mistakes go they seem to get worse each year under Philips, and that 13-3 team was Parcell's team and if he was the coach that year maybe we're in the super bowl.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    as much as I would have liked to see it I would say there is no way we beat the '07 Pats in the Super Bowl. They would have lit our D up like a Christmas tree.
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    Yesterday was a great win for the Boys! It's too bad I was driving back from the Steelers-Vikes game and could only watch the Supercast on my little cell phone screen. It was very easy to see Crayton's return though ;)
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,623
    RW81233 wrote:
    as much as I would have liked to see it I would say there is no way we beat the '07 Pats in the Super Bowl. They would have lit our D up like a Christmas tree.

how is this even a question?
    www.myspace.com
  • Roy Williams needs to go sell cars at a Mitsubishi dealership in Abilene. He can't seem to get his shit together. I don't like him.

Great win yesterday. I just wonder about our toughness. We have big play potential but can we win a smash mouth game if weather or the situation calls for it. I just don't know. I do know Williams doesn't have any confidence right now. It's probably because he sucks.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Great to see a spark of life from the "Boys 8-)
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    RW81233 wrote:

how is this even a question?
    i was referring to the post above mine...one that stated with Parcells maybe we win the SB in 07. I agreed with you. If we did beat the Gmen that year, in a game that we dominated for 2 1/2 qtrs, we would have crushed thae packers, then gotten smoked by the Pats. Funny thing is, if Witten didn't get called for forward progress (like against Denver) Romo would have had 40 seconds, 1 time out, and 25 yards to go and we might be talking about what a loser Eli Manning is. NFL football is weird like that.
    Nice win today...played a solid game on bothy sides of the ball...Romo 3 straight games no picks, hope he keeps it up...the philly game should be fun.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

bring it.
    www.myspace.com
    bring it.
    We will bring it. Should be a good though. The division will not be won on this game. Football's a funny game, one week you look like best, then the next you look like chumps.

• bring it.

...says the dude who couldn't run 1 play in a backyard football game here in Tennessee without getting his ass broke.

You can have baseball. We play football down South, sucka.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    bring it.

...says the dude who couldn't run 1 play in a backyard football game here in Tennessee without getting his ass broke.

No, the thing is, ya know, we play ALL sports. Backyard football? Tennessee? The? :roll:
  • bring it.

No, the thing is, ya know, we play ALL sports. Backyard football? Tennessee? The? :roll:

You can come play to. I'd invite you to tackle me in a game of Backyard Football. Good luck.

We don't really play in a backyard. It's just what we call it. And don't pretend like you've even played the game in 15 years. I would love to see that....haha

You can come play to. I'd invite you to tackle me in a game of Backyard Football. Good luck.

We don't really play in a backyard. It's just what we call it. And don't pretend like you've even played the game in 15 years. I would love to see that....haha

What.....................a...............weirdo.

So it's not in a backyard? I guess that's Tennessean for "oiled-up KY homosexual wrestling/gang bang." Nice. Very nice. I definitely won't play, don't you worry, but I'm sure the photo-op alone would be wondrous.

Nah, man. I'm 27, and have played rugby for 9 years. When you have broken your nose three times, fractured your hand, and dislocated both your shoulders, THEN - and only then - come talk to me.
    bring it.

so you're saying we played a backyard football game in tennessee once? :arrow: :?:

a cowboys fan in tennesseee....i smell a cockroach :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    bring it.

so you're saying we played a backyard football game in tennessee once? :arrow: :?:

a cowboys fan in tennesseee....i smell a cockroach :mrgreen:

I thought I smelled dirty water.
  • So it's not in a backyard? I guess that's Tennessean for "oiled-up KY homosexual wrestling/gang bang." Nice. Very nice. I definitely won't play, don't you worry, but I'm sure the photo-op alone would be wondrous.

Nah, man. I'm 27, and have played rugby for 9 years. When you have broken your nose three times, fractured your hand, and dislocated both your shoulders, THEN - and only then - come talk to me.

Let's not measure dicks here. I was a 3-Time All-America QB in college. Okay, let's measure dicks a little.

Rugby? Isn't that something people play when they aren't good enough to play football?

Anyway, I've enjoyed this back and forth with you. I think it's happened elsewhere with you before. It's boring. Anyway, take care.

Long live....rugby.
    So it's not in a backyard? I guess that's Tennessean for "oiled-up KY homosexual wrestling/gang bang." Nice. Very nice. I definitely won't play, don't you worry, but I'm sure the photo-op alone would be wondrous.

Let's not measure dicks here. I was a 3-Time All-America QB in college. Okay, let's measure dicks a little.

Rugby? Isn't that something people play when they aren't good enough to play football?

Anyway, I've enjoyed this back and forth with you. I think it's happened elsewhere with you before. It's boring. Anyway, take care.

Long live....rugby.

Cory? Nah, couldn't be...
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Great win vs another bad team (Seattle). Glad to see Romo throwing the ball around to everyone.

Also - BIG "I AM SORRY" for not getting to meet many of you in Philly! I had a great time but wasn't there except for Friday night through Sunday morning and I slept most of the day Saturday. Anyway, I was there long enough to see some cool stuff (Liberty Bell, Franklin's grave) and of course the two fantastic shows 10/30 and 10/31. There is always next time I suppose.

Anyway, obviously big game this week. Who would have thought a few weeks ago we would be battling for first place in the division?!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • mr.pinkmr.pink Posts: 362
    PHILLY WEEK!!! This will be a good measure, it always is. The team I hate the most... its a big one, and in Philly. Dallas needs to play its game, Romo needs to keep his head and make the plays like he has in the last 3. The D is looking better and better. This is the best I've seen our secondary in years. McNabb to Jackson is dangerous as it gets though. And we all know that sometimes McNabb just brings it against the Cowboys. He's obviously one of the best football players I've got to witness, sucks he played for the worst team.

Where's all the shit talking??? Did you ever see fan shot into the stands in Philly??? lol, its tons of mouth-breathing Rocky Balboa wanta bees ;) The booing at the first chance they get, cheering at Michael Irvin's neck injury, the ice throwing!!! And they show these sections of people that fit the mentality, lol. And then we make jokes about the collective IQ in the stands :D

I kid, guys! But really the image is there and adds to the rivalry. LSU fans get the same rep and they're my least favorite NCAA team, consquently. I'm sure that all the Eagles fans here are extremely good looking and smart and all that. Hell, some of you probably were All-American QBs, even played a year in the pros and took it as learning experience ;)
    Twenty-ten watch it go to fire!!!
    mr.pink wrote:
    PHILLY WEEK!!! This will be a good measure, it always is. The team I hate the most... its a big one, and in Philly. Dallas needs to play its game, Romo needs to keep his head and make the plays like he has in the last 3. The D is looking better and better. This is the best I've seen our secondary in years. McNabb to Jackson is dangerous as it gets though. And we all know that sometimes McNabb just brings it against the Cowboys. He's obviously one of the best football players I've got to witness, sucks he played for the worst team.

Where's all the shit talking??? Did you ever see fan shot into the stands in Philly??? lol, its tons of mouth-breathing Rocky Balboa wanta bees ;) The booing at the first chance they, cheering at Michael Irvin's neck injury, the ice throwing!!! And they show these sections of people that fit the mentality, lol. And then we make jokes about the collective IQ in the stands :D

I kid, guys! But really the image is there and adds to the rivalry. LSU fans get the same rep and their my least favorite NCAA team, consquently. I'm sure that all the Eagles fans here are extremely good looking and smart and all that. Hell, some of you probably were All-American QBs, even played a year in the pros and took it as learning experience ;)

I agree, big test for the Cowboys. I hope they get the running game going early and keep it going. In this game they will need ball control to keep McNabb and Jackson off the field.

mr.pink wrote:

Where's all the shit talking??? Did you ever see fan shot into the stands in Philly??? lol, its tons of mouth-breathing Rocky Balboa wanta bees ;) The booing at the first chance they get, cheering at Michael Irvin's neck injury, the ice throwing!!! And they show these sections of people that fit the mentality, lol. And then we make jokes about the collective IQ in the stands :D

I kid, guys! But really the image is there and adds to the rivalry. LSU fans get the same rep and they're my least favorite NCAA team, consquently. I'm sure that all the Eagles fans here are extremely good looking and smart and all that. Hell, some of you probably were All-American QBs, even played a year in the pros and took it as learning experience ;)

you guys actually have a great shot in this one...the calendar has not hit december yet ;)
    www.myspace.com
    mr.pink wrote:

you guys actually have a great shot in this one...the calendar has not hit december yet ;)
    :D:D:D Thats the plan, win every November game and back in from there, hehehe. I am hoping this team is different, or at least tougher. On D we're different, with Brookings and Sensenbaugh, this time of the year will tell if we're tougher. Should be a good game.

• booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    Get your popcorn ready!

your right, we don't play football here in Philly. :roll:

Tennessee is where it's at
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
    This is the day God has made, Let the Cowboys rejoice and beat the shit out of the Eagles in it!

Good morning/ afternoon. Only 5 hours till Philly's next disappointment.
    mr.pink wrote:
    This is the day God has made, Let the Cowboys rejoice and beat the shit out of the Eagles in it!

well you guys certainly love big games in november :roll:

good luck to you
    www.myspace.com
    mr.pink wrote:

good luck to you
    We've also won 5 of the biggest games in late January as well, that was the last game of the playoffs. How many times can your team say they won the last game of the playoffs,hehehehe.

mr.pink wrote:

good luck to you

That horse is dead already, bro! May be Romo can keep his shit together after Thanksgiving this year, we'll see. He's having a better year than any time last year, looks more like pre-Thanksgiving 07! If he does peter-out, Jerry needs to get him a fucking shrink.

BTW, everyone that watched that div. playoff game in 07 knows that Romo did make the plays, but Crayton dropped a pass and just quit running when Romo delivered what should have been the game winning pass. But keep on talking shit...
    lukin2006 wrote:
    mr.pink wrote:

good luck to you
    We've also won 5 of the biggest games in late January as well, that was the last game of the playoffs. How many times can your team say they won the last game of the playoffs,hehehehe.

And the most confrence championships, most playoff wins (tied with Pitt), Eagle fans really don't want to have a dick measuring contest with the most successfull team in the modern era.