*** 2009 Dallas Cowboys ***

Comments

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Another Romo turnover, I'm tired of defending the guy, he just makes poor decisions, over and over. To many pedestrians on this Cowboy team from Spencer, Carpenter to those no very good receivers, either this team is extremely over rated or poorly coached ( which they are). But they might be over rated as well.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,283
    Uh oh!
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    Can TO and the Cowboys get remarried?
    Time to make a change at QB, throwing at Champ Baily twice with 9 seconds left. Romo is proving why he was undrafted. Where was Bennett? Witten? I think he is more concerned about 300 yard games than winning, guided a perfect game last week, couldn't handle not having 300 yards and a multiple touchdown game.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

RW81233 wrote:
    Can TO and the Cowboys get remarried?

Yea really, he's have a bad year and Romo's having a bad year, but I don't want him back, maybe Romo can join him in Buffalo!

• BubbaBubba Posts: 631
    That's what happens when your WR's scare no one and you Off. Coordinator is unimaginative. What a f'in joke.
    a draw play would have been nice right then, but we didn't get the clock stopped when hurd went out of bounds so no time out hurt...we need a big play guy, probably get Boldin next year if uncapped I suspect.
  • BubbaBubba Posts: 631
    Just hope Jerry realizes Wade and Garrett both need to go at the end of the year...if not sooner.
    Bubba wrote:
    Just hope Jerry realizes Wade and Garrett both need to go at the end of the year...if not sooner.
    Is tonight soon enough, I sure hope they are gone sooner than later. Never been a better time to be in need of a coach, you have Shannahan, Gruden, Cowher and now I hear Holmgren wants to coach again.

Is it just me or does seem ever since we went to the 3-4 our defence has been suspect.

lukin2006 wrote:
    Bubba wrote:
    Is tonight soon enough, I sure hope they are gone sooner than later. Never been a better time to be in need of a coach, you have Shannahan, Gruden, Cowher and now I hear Holmgren wants to coach again.

Is it just me or does seem ever since we went to the 3-4 our defence has been suspect.
    the D was good today, brandon marshall is a freaking beast and he made a play that's all. and i'd really only like gruden or cowher from that list, we should have got mike singletary back when we had the chance.
    RW81233 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Bubba wrote:

the D was good today, brandon marshall is a freaking beast and he made a play that's all. and i'd really only like gruden or cowher from that list, we should have got mike singletary back when we had the chance.

Yes the D played well until we had to make a stop, something wrong with Ware, he just doesn't seem like he's making many plays, but of course he has spencer lined up opposite him. I'll take Shannahan myself, his teams always run the ball well.

As much as us Dallas fans want to bitch about the D. Romo or whatever, it should seem obvious to all of us, the real problem Jerry Jones. I have no doubt he wants to win, doubt it will happen while he's in control.

• mr.pinkmr.pink Posts: 362
    I agree that we have to have a change with either Garrett or Romo. See if someone else makes Garrets Offense work first. Hell, give Kitna the chance. He can't do much worse at this point. If the receivers still don't get open after 5 f-ing seconds, then you know its not just Romo. Still, I can tell its definitely Garret too. Remember how much better Sean Payton's OCing was, even with less talent???

I think the D is pretty decent. The secondary actually looks better than they have in years. They also are the only reason Dallas has stayed in the last 3 games. Romo has lost two now. Certainly, he can take 99% percent the blame for the NYG game. And he just flat out missed so many times today.

Of the available coaches, I'd like to have Shannahn. Of WRs, Brandon Marshall... just a top player, its important. Of QBs, I don't know... What I do know is that our offense looked like they had never practiced together before today :(
    Twenty-ten watch it go to fire!!!
    mr.pink wrote:
    I agree that we have to have a change with either Garrett or Romo. See if someone else makes Garrets Offense work first. Hell, give Kitna the chance. He can't do much worse at this point. If the receivers still don't get open after 5 f-ing seconds, then you know its not just Romo. Still, I can tell its definitely Garret too. Remember how much better Sean Payton's OCing was, even with less talent???

I think the D is pretty decent. The secondary actually looks better than they have in years. They also are the only reason Dallas has stayed in the last 3 games. Romo has lost two now. Certainly, he can take 99% percent the blame for the NYG game. And he just flat out missed so many times today.

Of the available coaches, I'd like to have Shannahn. Of WRs, Brandon Marshall... just a top player, its important. Of QBs, I don't know... What I do know is that our offense looked like they had never practiced together before today :(
    I'm with you on Shannahan, and I agree about giving Kitna a shot, even in the second half would have been worth it. I'd like to see Carpenter released and Spencer benched for Butler, Butler made plays in the Carolina game, don't think he got on the field much yesterday.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,623
    dallas is AWFUL.
    www.myspace.com
  • garbage
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
    Why do you all love Shannahan so much? I guess he'd make our already cheap shotting o-line even more dirty. Oh well, maybe we could pull a Brewers and demote Wade to d-coordinator (which he's good at), and have Shannahan do the offense.
    RW81233 wrote:
    Why do you all love Shannahan so much? I guess he'd make our already cheap shotting o-line even more dirty. Oh well, maybe we could pull a Brewers and demote Wade to d-coordinator (which he's good at), and have Shannahan do the offense.

He's won 2 Superbowls, his running game is usually good, and as big as this offensive line there just not that good, way to many penalties. I suspect if the coaching staff had faith in them Witten wouldn't have been blocking on the last 2 plays, which your best receiver/te should not be blocking when the game is on the line, they could have went 2 te and have Bennett block if it was needed.

dallas is AWFUL.

From your name you're an Eagles fan? Just wondering when you're team is going to win a SB? It's been a while for us, but at least we have won a SB.

lukin2006 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

He's won 2 Superbowls, his running game is usually good, and as big as this offensive line there just not that good, way to many penalties. I suspect if the coaching staff had faith in them Witten wouldn't have been blocking on the last 2 plays, which your best receiver/te should not be blocking when the game is on the line, they could have went 2 te and have Bennett block if it was needed.
    You're right about our Oline on many cases, though they can run block like an mf on many occasions. I just feel like the game has passed by Shanahan, and that Cowher or some younger coach would be better. But he'd still prolly be better than Wade.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    :shock: :o:lol::D:mrgreen:8-)
  • mr.pinkmr.pink Posts: 362
    lukin2006 wrote:
    dallas is AWFUL.

From your name you're an Eagles fan? Just wondering when you're team is going to win a SB? It's been a while for us, but at least we have won a SB.

5 superbowls
    8 nfc championships - #1
    Most wins since coming into the league in 1960: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_NFL_team ... 66_to_2009
    Tied with Pitt for division titles
    And is always the most popular team amongst adult Americans which also carries the most haters and is the reason for the title of America's Team

(had this stuff from a conversation I was having earlier today, the internet is so full of useless info)

Yes Romo and Garrett are frustrating us, but its always good to be a Cowboys dork :)
    Twenty-ten watch it go to fire!!!
    RW81233 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

You're right about our Oline on many cases, though they can run block like an mf on many occasions. I just feel like the game has passed by Shanahan, and that Cowher or some younger coach would be better. But he'd still prolly be better than Wade.

Truthfully I would have liked to see them without Garrett, because as much as I don't like Wade the D see to be coming around, but Garretts play calling is a mystery, last 2 plays against Denver Wittens blocking, he is your best offensive weapon in the end zone, Bennett was suppose to be this big weapon as well. Romo has to make better decision because on the last play Austin appeared open.

As far as coaching goes Jerry really only wants a puppet as a coach. Until he hires someone and lets them choose their coaches and has a say on player personnel I think they are in trouble.

• Yup, those last plays I was definitely thinking Witten has to get one of those chances
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    I watched the first 3 quarters from my hospital bed before being discharged and running to the show.

Let's just say I am glad I didn't see the 4th quarter or maybe I would still be in the hospital.

Holy shit, really?
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    How did Dawkins play? I only caught part of the game on NFL Red Zone, which is awesome btw.

Seen his big stop on 3rd down, follo by the signature Dawk celebration.

Damn I miss him flying all over the place :(
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
    booomm11 wrote:
    How did Dawkins play? I only caught part of the game on NFL Red Zone, which is awesome btw.

Seen his big stop on 3rd down, follo by the signature Dawk celebration.

Damn I miss him flying all over the place :(
    Dawkins played well.

edited October 2009
    Yup, those last plays I was definitely thinking Witten has to get one of those chances
    Yes he should have been running a play , not blocking.
    Post edited by lukin2006 on

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    dallas is AWFUL.
    ....and you're a jealous little baby who only knows how to insult others to gain any self-worth.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    tybird wrote:
    dallas is AWFUL.
    ....and you're a jealous little baby who only knows how to insult others to gain any self-worth.

No, no, I think he's just stating some clear observations of the city of Dallas.