*** 2009 Dallas Cowboys ***

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,990
    well what doesn't kill ya, only makes you stronger my friend! i am well aware we have not won a super bowl, thank you. it takes a lot of character not to abandon a team like that. and when they finally do win, much like the phils last year, it will be pure joy like you can never imagine. so we sort of wear that as a badge of honor in these parts....real fans, that is. ;)

thinking about it though, i think i would rather be in our position right now--- no distant memory super bowl wins, but constantly in the mix, winning divisions and playoff games about every year with a legimate shot at going to and winning the super bowl every year than being a fan of some team who still has to cling to some super bowls from the early nineties and the 70's because they have not even won a playoff game since 1996. i dont know, that's just me. the recent phils success makes it a lot easier. :mrgreen: .........are you from the dallas area?

For the most part, I let all peeps keep to their own threads to their respective teams. For those from Dallas, etc., and that's the way I keep it. Jeags, I've been down this road with this fraud many times before. How you can be from this area and not take pride in a team that represents your city is beyond me. Remember - before either "Eagles" or "Cowboys", there's a city's name that comes first. That's what this is all about. And, Bubba, you sir, are a F-R-A-U-D. And I don't care that you support the Phillies, and how you were at the 1980 series, blah blah blah. You're a disgrace to this city. Cowboys fans - Dallas fans - carry on. Jeags, we ignore these people like Bubba here.
  • It's getting awful personal. Let's chill out a little. I appreciate loyalty. I know I'm at fault for running my trap on the Eagles thread. I apologize. Neither one of these teams suck. We're just happy to have won plus we don't have to play in Philly in that cold ass weather at the end of the season this year. Climate controlled Mecca-Dome.

Anyway, Jeagler...No, I'm not from Dallas or Texas for that matter. I don't see the relevance on your favorite team vs. where you were born but whatever. I've seen the Cowboys play a couple of times but it's not a real convenient trip for me with kids and al that crap.

When I was a kid, it was basically Steelers or Cowboys. I picked Roger Staubach and stuck with them ever since. Yes, even through Gary Hogeboom and Steve Pelleur or whatever the fuck his name was.

It's pretty naive to think the Cowboys will never win another playoff game. I'll admit, it has been a long time since the last one but it'll happen. I won't even talk shit when they do win because at the end of the day, I'm just some "has-been" athlete who likes Dallas. Who gives a fuck?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,624
    well what doesn't kill ya, only makes you stronger my friend! i am well aware we have not won a super bowl, thank you. it takes a lot of character not to abandon a team like that. and when they finally do win, much like the phils last year, it will be pure joy like you can never imagine. so we sort of wear that as a badge of honor in these parts....real fans, that is. ;)

thinking about it though, i think i would rather be in our position right now--- no distant memory super bowl wins, but constantly in the mix, winning divisions and playoff games about every year with a legimate shot at going to and winning the super bowl every year than being a fan of some team who still has to cling to some super bowls from the early nineties and the 70's because they have not even won a playoff game since 1996. i dont know, that's just me. the recent phils success makes it a lot easier. :mrgreen: .........are you from the dallas area?

For the most part, I let all peeps keep to their own threads to their respective teams. For those from Dallas, etc., and that's the way I keep it. Jeags, I've been down this road with this fraud many times before. How you can be from this area and not take pride in a team that represents your city is beyond me. Remember - before either "Eagles" or "Cowboys", there's a city's name that comes first. That's what this is all about. And, Bubba, you sir, are a F-R-A-U-D. And I don't care that you support the Phillies, and how you were at the 1980 series, blah blah blah. You're a disgrace to this city. Cowboys fans - Dallas fans - carry on. Jeags, we ignore these people like Bubba here.

lol...yes i too have gone back and forth with mr bubba many times.

it's all for charity though. i mean, at the end of the day, isn't all about the kids? god bless those goofy bastards.
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,990
    edited November 2009
    It's getting awful personal. Let's chill out a little. I appreciate loyalty. I know I'm at fault for running my trap on the Eagles thread. I apologize. Neither one of these teams suck. We're just happy to have won plus we don't have to play in Philly in that cold ass weather at the end of the season this year. Climate controlled Mecca-Dome.

Anyway, Jeagler...No, I'm not from Dallas or Texas for that matter. I don't see the relevance on your favorite team vs. where you were born but whatever. I've seen the Cowboys play a couple of times but it's not a real convenient trip for me with kids and al that crap.

When I was a kid, it was basically Steelers or Cowboys. I picked Roger Staubach and stuck with them ever since. Yes, even through Gary Hogeboom and Steve Pelleur or whatever the fuck his name was.

It's pretty naive to think the Cowboys will never win another playoff game. I'll admit, it has been a long time since the last one but it'll happen. I won't even talk shit when they do win because at the end of the day, I'm just some "has-been" athlete who likes Dallas. Who gives a fuck?

Don't you live in Bumblefuck? Then of course you can pick who you want to root for - and of course your words come with less substance, but it is what it is........homo. ;)
    It's getting awful personal. Let's chill out a little. I appreciate loyalty. I know I'm at fault for running my trap on the Eagles thread. I apologize. Neither one of these teams suck. We're just happy to have won plus we don't have to play in Philly in that cold ass weather at the end of the season this year. Climate controlled Mecca-Dome.

did you jump on the titans band wagon back in '99, being that you are from tennessee?
    www.myspace.com
  • did you jump on the titans band wagon back in '99, being that you are from tennessee?

You must be mistaken. I was never a Titans fan. Can you just jump ship as a die hard fan?

We must be confused in our definitions of what being a fan is.

It's alright man. I know you're loyal to Philly. I can appreciate that. Sorry I said your dog was ugly. I gave in to my evil side. He's actually a cute fella. Looks like he could be the mascot for our beloved Tennessee Vols ;)
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    haha - love it.

I only go on the other team's thread if the Cowboys are playing them that week or whatever. But since the Giants and Eagles are such big rivals I can't help but get on there every once in awhile.

Hammerdonkey - don't let it get to you. I don't take it personal and I've been arguing with these guys for years.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Flagg wrote:
    haha - love it.

I only go on the other team's thread if the Cowboys are playing them that week or whatever. But since the Giants and Eagles are such big rivals I can't help but get on there every once in awhile.

Hammerdonkey - don't let it get to you. I don't take it personal and I've been arguing with these guys for years.

I have too man. Jeag Stick doesn't bother me. His words don't hurt me as much as a World Series loss, for example.

I guess I don't see why you have to cheer for a team that's in your state just because they're in your state. It's not like I'm waging war against Tennessee or something. I mean, I've seen the Titans several times. I even own a Titans jersey that matches my son's but if the Titans play Dallas, I pull for the Cowboys.

That reminds me, I was at the Titans/Cowboys game where Haynesworth ripped our guy's face open with his cleat. Cowboys won. Ahhh, well it's all in mediocre fun.

Our 'Boys are looking strong lately. I like our chances.
    did you jump on the titans band wagon back in '99, being that you are from tennessee?

You must be mistaken. I was never a Titans fan. Can you just jump ship as a die hard fan?

We must be confused in our definitions of what being a fan is.

It's alright man. I know you're loyal to Philly. I can appreciate that. Sorry I said your dog was ugly. I gave in to my evil side. He's actually a cute fella. Looks like he could be the mascot for our beloved Tennessee Vols ;)

i was just testing you with the bandwagon thing. you earn a sliver of respect for not changing allegiances for a super bowl run. living in tennessee must be tough enough. but to not live near a pro football team (until the texans moved from houston in the 90's), you are granted a little bit of slack here. still, the fact that you chose your team, a team that has won multiple super bowls, procludes you from using the words "we" or "our" when talking about the cowboys. there is no "we" or "our" involved if you live thousands of miles away from their city regardless of if you attended a game of theirs once or twice. :mrgreen:

so in summation, you are still a fraud...though not nearly as big a fraud as bubba :lol: :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
    Flagg wrote:
    haha - love it.

all for charity man....all about the kids
    www.myspace.com
  • They had only won 1 Superbowl (vs. Dolphins) when they became my team. That Superbowl was before I was born. The year I started watching them religiously was around the time they lost to the Steelers. I think the year after, they beat the Broncos. I can remember Butch Johnson's TD catch that really wasn't a catch. There was a comic book made about that game. Anybody remember that? Some cute Cowboys stories of mine....Randy White once flirted with my mother and then signed an autograph for me. I met Tom Landry in an airport and told him I loved him. I met Jerry Jones and at the time, I was wearing a Titans sweatshirt....I apologized to him for that. I've met Ed "Too Tall" Jones several times in our mall (yes, that's pretty sad). Last time I was in Dallas, the scouting director got me tickets to the most boring game in the history of the NFL. It was a MNF against the Redskins. We won 9-6 and there were 5 field goals in the game. I have had a beer with Tony Dorsett. That reminds me, I missed his 99 yard td run against the Vikings because the kickoff previous to that was muffed and I was in my bedroom closet crying like a little bitch.

I thought those were some cute stories. Needless to say, as much of my life that I've spent rooting for the Cowboys...

Me + Dallas = We
    They had only won 1 Superbowl (vs. Dolphins) when they became my team. That Superbowl was before I was born. The year I started watching them religiously was around the time they lost to the Steelers. I think the year after, they beat the Broncos. I can remember Butch Johnson's TD catch that really wasn't a catch. There was a comic book made about that game. Anybody remember that? Some cute Cowboys stories of mine....Randy White once flirted with my mother and then signed an autograph for me. I met Tom Landry in an airport and told him I loved him. I met Jerry Jones and at the time, I was wearing a Titans sweatshirt....I apologized to him for that. I've met Ed "Too Tall" Jones several times in our mall (yes, that's pretty sad). Last time I was in Dallas, the scouting director got me tickets to the most boring game in the history of the NFL. It was a MNF against the Redskins. We won 9-6 and there were 5 field goals in the game. I have had a beer with Tony Dorsett. That reminds me, I missed his 99 yard td run against the Vikings because the kickoff previous to that was muffed and I was in my bedroom closet crying like a little bitch.

I thought those were some cute stories. Needless to say, as much of my life that I've spent rooting for the Cowboys...

Me + Dallas = We

half a fraud. that's the best i can do :mrgreen:

those are some cute stories though. i will give you that
    www.myspace.com
  • mr.pinkmr.pink Posts: 362
    They had only won 1 Superbowl (vs. Dolphins) when they became my team. That Superbowl was before I was born. The year I started watching them religiously was around the time they lost to the Steelers. I think the year after, they beat the Broncos. I can remember Butch Johnson's TD catch that really wasn't a catch. There was a comic book made about that game. Anybody remember that? Some cute Cowboys stories of mine....Randy White once flirted with my mother and then signed an autograph for me. I met Tom Landry in an airport and told him I loved him. I met Jerry Jones and at the time, I was wearing a Titans sweatshirt....I apologized to him for that. I've met Ed "Too Tall" Jones several times in our mall (yes, that's pretty sad). Last time I was in Dallas, the scouting director got me tickets to the most boring game in the history of the NFL. It was a MNF against the Redskins. We won 9-6 and there were 5 field goals in the game. I have had a beer with Tony Dorsett. That reminds me, I missed his 99 yard td run against the Vikings because the kickoff previous to that was muffed and I was in my bedroom closet crying like a little bitch.

Me + Dallas = We

Jeagler, dude, you're so jealous! I've moved up to the Pacific Northwest in March (from Texas), I've spent a lot of time in Vermont, Mass, Las Vegas, New Mexico - There are Cowboy fans everywhere. That blue star is on cars everywhere. I talk football to anyone and everyone that will. Usually if there is a local team, they'll have the most fans, BUT DALLAS IS ALWAYS 2ND EVERYWHERE. There are usually some San Fran, Green Bay and Pittsburgh fans as well, but never as many as Cowboys fans. I remember something about Dallas games being shown to so many more homes than other teams in the 70s, that probably has something to do with it. Plus, they have had the most success in the modern era. Those kind of things breed fans, and it happened during the big rise in popularity of Pro Football. And it becomes a family thing. FOOTBALL IS SUCH A FAMILY THING. I know thats what got me into the Cowboys. My Dad, Sister and Aunts still all call each other after everygame. If they were Eagles fans ... nausea... I would have been a Eagles fan in Texas, not a "fraud".

Hammerdonkey, we've got America's team, there will always be haters. A lot like the Yankees in baseball and Lakers, we'll always have the most haters and lovers. And I think we can be for real this year. As long as Romo maintains his composure, we can beat anybody.
    Twenty-ten watch it go to fire!!!
    mr.pink wrote:

Me + Dallas = We

Jeagler, dude, you're so jealous! I've moved up to the Pacific Northwest in March (from Texas), I've spent a lot of time in Vermont, Mass, Las Vegas, New Mexico - There are Cowboy fans everywhere. That blue star is on cars everywhere. I talk football to anyone and everyone that will. Usually if there is a local team, they'll have the most fans, BUT DALLAS IS ALWAYS 2ND EVERYWHERE. There are usually some San Fran, Green Bay and Pittsburgh fans as well, but never as many as Cowboys fans. I remember something about Dallas games being shown to so many more homes than other teams in the 70s, that probably has something to do with it. Plus, they have had the most success in the modern era. Those kind of things breed fans, and it happened during the big rise in popularity of Pro Football. And it becomes a family thing. FOOTBALL IS SUCH A FAMILY THING. I know thats what got me into the Cowboys. My Dad, Sister and Aunts still all call each other after everygame. If they were Eagles fans ... nausea... I would have been a Eagles fan in Texas, not a "fraud"..

actually, if you were from texas and an eagles fan..you'd be a fraud fan too. stone cold violation not to root for your home town team. i really think it's a character flaw with some of these people.....i have heard about the 70's thing and them being on national tv all the time too. the whole "being passed down from their parents" thing doesnt work for me either. that just means your dad was a fraud too and you can't think for yourself :mrgreen: .....something about the civic pride that comes from rooting on your hometown team through thick and thin that makes it more rewarding when they actually do win.

and i'm not jealous at all. there's just a lot of people who need to have their fandom questioned in this country. it's a shame really :cry:

for the record, i have no beef with you or flagg or anyone from texas. my beef is not with you :mrgreen:

...alright--sorry for hijacking this thread!
    www.myspace.com

Its cool. Its not like there is much activity on this board now-a-days, lol. I wish you luck in your crusade against the "frauds". Its def family for me.

My son is 8 and is all about Green Bay :roll: , but I know he'll come around. I know part of it has to do with their colors. I remember being all about Denver because of their 80s uniforms. I also loved Joe Montana, still think he may have been the best player I've ever watched. But around 4th grade, I started to catch on how into the Cowboys my Dad and Granddad and the rest of the family were. During 5th grade, I watched every game religiously from then on. That was 89, 1-15 :lol: Everygame was so painful, except the win in Washington, that was just relief. My son will come around, I'm just so glad we have that in common. He's super smart about it to.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087

thinking about it though, i think i would rather be in our position right now--- no distant memory super bowl wins, but constantly in the mix, winning divisions and playoff games about every year with a legimate shot at going to and winning the super bowl every year than being a fan of some team who still has to cling to some super bowls from the early nineties and the 70's because they have not even won a playoff game since 1996. i dont know, that's just me. the recent phils success makes it a lot easier. :mrgreen: .........are you from the dallas area?[/quote]

No I'm Canadian, we have no teams we can call our own really, the most likely city to get one will be Toronto and I can't stand any of thier sports teams, even when the Jays won those 2 world series I was rooting for other the teams. I've bee a Cowboy as long as I remember and before I really even knew they had won a superbowl, and do not hang onto the past, I do like what they accomplished though. I am looking forward to the day they hoist another superbowl, and that day will come. I commend anybody for sticking with thier team, and you're right if and when the eagles win the superbowl it will be that much sweeter. It was sweet when Dallas won the first of three in the 90's as I was to young to remember the one's in the 70's.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    Don't forget the Thanksgiving games. I think that has gone a long way toward attracting fans from across the country as well.

I miss the early 90s. Pearl Jam and the Cowboys kicking ass at the same time. Remember when Stone used to wear a Cowboys hat?
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    Flagg wrote:
    Don't forget the Thanksgiving games. I think that has gone a long way toward attracting fans from across the country as well.

I miss the early 90s. Pearl Jam and the Cowboys kicking ass at the same time. Remember when Stone used to wear a Cowboys hat?

i love rooting against the cowboys every thanksgiving...remember '89? :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • Flagg, I have a serious question. Maybe you could answer it.

If a tree falls in the woods and nobody is around, does it still land on and crush The Jeagler's single-wide mobile home?

Topic : Cowboys have a tricky Packers game this weekend. They'll put our pass coverage to the test. I like Rogers. I can't imagine what it would be like to replace Brett Favre.
    Flagg, I have a serious question. Maybe you could answer it.

If a tree falls in the woods and nobody is around, does it still land on and crush The Jeagler's single-wide mobile home?
    haha
    funny, selling mortgages for a living, i see way more of those things down your way than in the philly suburbs :mrgreen:

....and NO, we do not lend on them :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
    89 - Who can forget 1-15.

Packers - Rodgers has been sacked what, 37 times this season? They have injury issues too. Kampman not playing. I am not worried too much about them. But, it does feel like a trap game to me. Especially because if GB loses they are most likely done.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    I think they'll be up for the Pack this weekend. Esp Romo, since its a homecoming game for him.

My son has been talking crap all week, so its a big game for us!
  • BubbaBubba Posts: 631
    I'll take Cowboys 28-17. I think Barber and Choice will have good days as well as DeMarcus. I think Victor Butler needs more playing time.....he's made big plays when he's been in.
  • BubbaBubba Posts: 631
    Flagg wrote:
    89 - Who can forget 1-15.

Packers - Rodgers has been sacked what, 37 times this season? They have injury issues too. Kampman not playing. I am not worried too much about them. But, it does feel like a trap game to me. Especially because if GB loses they are most likely done.

'89 was brutal.....the Steve Walsh experiment....thank God they stuck with Aikman.
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    Well is it time for the here we go again? Or was it just that we don't match up well with the packers?
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,977
    RW81233 wrote:
    Well is it time for the here we go again? Or was it just that we don't match up well with the packers?

the first one. :sick::sick::sick::sick:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Um . . . Wow.

That was brutal.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    A game that Romo needed to be great if they were going to win. Someone else on the offensive side of the ball needs to step up once and a while. Can't help but think that thee fumble by Williams set the tone for the offence. Watching the Indy Pats game and already witnessed 3 great catches, 2 by the pats and 1 by Indy, thats one luxury Romo don't have, very seldom do his receivers make great catches, another luxury Romo don't have is playing games where the offence doesn't have to make up yards because of all the dumb penalties. With Philadelphia losing at least we didn't lose a game to them, and we have a very good chance to be 9-3 after thanksgiving and thats not bad. Still Romo needs other players to step, and if the penalties continue it will continue to be the achilles heal of this team.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    OK, after gathering thoughts.

First off, we can absolve the defense from any blame in this game. Outside of a couple of drive-sustaining penalties (although one was a phantom hands-to-the-face), they played an outstanding game and only gave up one long drive. They played more than well enough to win.

The offense though. This game falls on Garrett (he who panics and abandons the run even though it is churning out the yards), Romo (who needed to be great but also needs help), the OL (who could not block anybody), the receivers (Roy - looking right at you), and penalties.

Roy better shut his fucking mouth this week. He better not complain about not getting the ball after fumbling like that and then having another pass hit him in the face, followed by him yelling at Romo that the ball was high! If I was Romo, I would tell RW to go fuck himself. This team has rallied around Romo the past few games and everything was clicking. I think he has taken on a bigger leadership role and we don't need Roy fucking it up. Shut up and catch the fucking ball and when you do, hold on to it.

Mr. Garrett - if you have three talented running backs that Green Bay couldn't stop consistently, why totally abandon them when you are only down by 3? Seriously? Also, could you hold Felix Jones out? He clearly still isn't right.

Flozell Adams - time to go man. You have been great in the pass but now the only thing you are good for is whiffing on blocks and committing false starts. Everyone who plays this game eventually reaches a point where they can no longer keep up. You have reached that point. Romo can't do anything when he is being constantly slammed into on his blind side at full speed two seconds after the ball is snapped.

And to the NFL - Can we get some officials who know how to manage a game please? Jeff Tripplet is the worst ref in the game. How does he not know that Green Bay was out of challenges and when he does figure that out, why is there no penalty for delay of game??? And what was with that fumble call? Way to make us feel better by admitting to Wade that you fucked that call up. Thanks buddy. The hands to the face call on Jenkins was a crime. I know the Cowboys sucked so bad that it didn't make a difference, but come on, we are only asking for competence here.

What an ugly, horrible game. Couldn't make the right play calls and when they did, they couldn't execute. Dom Capers had them completely confused. Hats off to the Green Bay defense. They did their homework for sure. But the shitty play calling combined with the turnovers and penalties has got to stop.

Oh well, at least Philly lost and we can still finish the month at 9-3 if he handle Washington and Oakland.

Injuries - the Columbo loss is the worst thing to come out of this game. This is going to hurt.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    Flagg wrote:
    And what was with that fumble call? Way to make us feel better by admitting to Wade that you fucked that call up.

I still don't understand what happened on this play. How did the call not get overturned? If I remember right, the excuse given was that the ref didn't go into the replay booth to review that aspect of the play, but rather something else that happened. Was this right?
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard