*** Toronto Fanviews Here 8/21/09 ***

Comments

• ChrisileinChrisilein Posts: 3,889
    Thank you Torontonian!! Awesome pictures!
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • jmacdjmacd Posts: 145
    toronto '92 X 2, toronto '93, hamilton '05, toronto 1 '06, toronto '09, buffalo '10, london '13, buffalo '13
  • brainofebrainofe Posts: 263
    Brain of J!!! :D
    Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.
  • WWSWWS Ontario Posts: 459
    JordyWordy wrote:
    Did Mike sing on the songs he played?

Yes Mike sang both songs
    '93 Toronto, '98 Barrie, '00 Toronto, '03 Buffalo, '05 Hamilton, '06 Toronto 1&2 '09 Toronto, '09 Philly #4, '11 Hamilton, '13 London, '13 Wrigley,    '13 Buffalo, '14 Detroit Rock City,'16 Ottawa, '16 Toronto 1&2, '16 Fenway '18 Wrigley 1&2, '20 Baltimore. '22 Hamilton, '24 Wrigley 1&2
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,097
    I said it yesterday, as well, but Toronto - you did good. We collectively showed the band what we were made of, and they returned the favour. You could feel the energy coming to and from us, and it was very cool for me. The last PJ show I had seen was the mildly lackluster May 9th (opening night) show at the ACC in 2006, where the crowd seemed to barely be there. This was a nice change. The band also sounded GREAT! Only one Eddie vocal flub I noticed, other than that, his voice sounded phenomenal I thought.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,985
    That looks almost like my dream setlist. To open with Of the Girl, awesome!!!!

Please do the same in Seattle or SLC please and thanks.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Amazing show! Off he goes... Faithful... so happy!!! What a crowd!

There's a link to Mike's song about his daughter on my husband's Twitter page
    twitter.com/redlightning

Chicago here we come!
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    The show was amazing! Everyone in the band kicked ass!

I never ever thought I would hear Bee Girl and I liked the "No Rain" reference before they sang the song!

Mike and Stone- Awesome solo's.

You guys never disappoint!!! Have fun on the rest of the tour.

TO crowd was amazing.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    One more thing... did anyone get a strange sense of Deja Vu when watching Eddie in particular on the screen? You could feel the fire having returned.. I kept asking myself 'why are they mixing in clips from '92?'
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • sounds like an awesome show, so glad to hear Of The Girl is back.
  • Phild44Phild44 Posts: 48
    On the setlist and not played:

Throw Your Hatred Down
    Yellow Ledbetter.

I'll post a pic as soon as its uploaded.

*Edit for Pic*
    5534_133735729728_620324728_2211320_2582768_n.jpg

Where did you get this ? So does that mean they were supposed to play Yellow Led and Throw Your Hatred Down and they didn't ?? That was my dream song to hear Throw Your Hatred Down...and we were waiting for Yellow Led at the end...people seemed to exit out a little too quickly.

Great show though, I was hoping for some Neil Young shit, I got my wish allright, arriving in the Lawn, Sugar Mountain and The Needle by Eddie, simply great love dedicated to Neil...I wouldn't be surprised of an appearance in Cali. Great rocking songs for a little mosh in the lawn...Lukin, Why Go, Do the Evolution.
    Then Black, Alive and Small Town...they were coming strong, PJ and the crowd rocked TO.
    Now to wait for Philly, for what will be a memorable one I'm sure, thanks to Pear Jam !
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    breath_gal wrote:
    Amazing show! Off he goes... Faithful... so happy!!! What a crowd!

There's a link to Mike's song about his daughter on my husband's Twitter page
    twitter.com/redlightning

Chicago here we come!

Breath_gal- where you in section 202 aisle 1? last night? You two look like the couple that was in front of me and my wife. lol.. aisle 2 seat 5/6.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • nevmilesnevmiles Posts: 1,363
    edited August 2009
    ragejoe wrote:
    how did ed explain the preset thing?

He came out @ 7:30 and I'm sure we all expected just one song . . .

But he explained that there were problems at the border with passports etc., so "the pharamsicts made it, but Ted Leo did not." So he said they were going to "improvise" for us . . . wasn't sure what that really meant until after Ed played his two songs and he introduced Mike to come out onto the stage and play!!!! Then we knew something special was up :)

Then he later said, and I'm paraphrasing, "The pharmasicts will come out for a couple and then it will be the world premier of a band called Eddie Vedder and the Pharmasicsts". Then He and Mikey came out for The Pharamsicts' last song . . . and I'm sorry to say, it was Eddie and Mike that made their performance great....
    Post edited by nevmiles on
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    The show last night was AMAZING. I've been chasing Of The Girl for the longest time and to finally hear it live was so sweet.

The main set was awesome - Faithfull, 1/2 Full, Brain of J and the Fixer and Got Some, which are both spectacular live songs.

The crowd was great and the band was tight and full of energy. My only complaint, as other have said, was Wishlist in that first encore. Total buzz kill. Would have also been nice if there was 1 rarity thrown in to either of the encores - we just got hit after hit in the encores with nothing to break them up.

Overall, great show! And I can tell that only better things are on their way in Chi-town.

And Jose, thanks for the ticket ;)
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
    benjs wrote:
    One more thing... did anyone get a strange sense of Deja Vu when watching Eddie in particular on the screen? You could feel the fire having returned.. I kept asking myself 'why are they mixing in clips from '92?'

'Cept for the fact that they are all CLEARLY older ;)

Eddie did have great energy last night . . . . but the high resolution on those screens really shows how they all have aged.

I feel like it was Mikey's night last night too . . . he was ON FIRE with all his solos/jams; Corduroy, Even Flow, Down, Black, ALive & Porch were ALL scorchers....
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
  • Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,587
    nevmiles wrote:
    the high resolution on those screens really shows how they all have aged.

Yeah, I noticed this too. Especially Eddie, he is starting to show his age quite a bit.

Glad to hear the show was good one last night! Having seen them 3 times already this tour, I know you all had a great time :D
    I will swallow poison
    edited August 2009
    So now I'll throw in a quick review.

Just got up from the show and I am still super tired :)

This show eclipses all other post-Barrie '98 shows I have been to ('00, '03 and '05 tours) . . . by far. Way better than those put together.

We were Sec 202, Row N which were really good seats . . . close enough to see face details for the most part :) We were shut out of the pre-party because it was over capacity, but I think that turned out to be a blessing b/c we decided to head to the venue around 6:15 after a bite to eat instead of staying at the pre-party which we probably would have done. So we got to see the super pre-set.

Hung out a bit at the venue and got my sticker pack and shirt, then around 7:30 decided we'd give Ted Leo a chance and watch at least a few songs . . . then we got Eddie and the rest of the guys performing for us . . . awesome considering we still had an entire PJ show still to come!

So I won't go into super details, but Mike's song re: his daughter was great. I'm sure there will be vids up, although I found security VERY attentive at the show re: smoking/pot smoking and video taking . . . any cameras that appeared to be held up too long and then security would give peole the eye and go over to tell them to stop . . . We were seats 2 & 3 as well, so we were always near security :) So essentially, we had Pearl Jam opening for Pearl Jam last night! How awesome is that?

Main set was great, highlights were Of The Girl, Corduroy, Why Go . . . well, almost every song. Even Flow was one of the best I've seen live. Great jam in the middle. And Faithful! Awesome! So glad they broke this out for us . . . Lukin/NFY was a nice treat too . . .

Encore was awesome . . . never been a huge fan of Wishlist but last night's version was beautiful, with Ed flubbing the "pedal brake" line, and changing the next line to "I wish I was the verb to trust and never, I JUST DID, let you down" with a smile on his face. Black & Alive, two of the best songs they perform, didn't disappoint tonight. Mikey's solo on Alive was ridiculous and Eddie was interacting with the crowd during it, smiling, pointing, laughing and giving high fives . . .

Small Town & Better Man were the usual fun singalaongs. Ed dedicated Small Town to "Toronto Island" b/c he explained how he and a friend went paddling out in the water (I assume earlier in the day or the day before) and stumbled across this island with a small village on it. Then Porch. My god, PORCH! Sooooo good. Different from the earlier tours . . . Eddie started it this time instead of Stone, just him under the spotlight with a slow jam. Didn't realise what it was until he started singing, although it did SOUND like the opening bars to the song . . . but with Eddie on guitar I didn't think it could be! Once it got going, man, this version ROCKS. Couldn't tell you how long it was, but definitely 7+ minutes . . . the jam in the middle seemed to go on forever and Mikey stole it for sure . . . .

RITFW to close was perfect, and like Porch, this seemed to go on forever . . . almost as though the last half of the song was in a loop . . . it just kept going :)

Thought we might have been able to squeeze YL out of them as it took them a while to leave the stage (and it seems it was on the setlist), but alas, RITFW was a perfect closer to a great night.

Band was ON and definitely ALL were in a great mood. Eddie gave us at least two run/jumps over his amps last night, showing he's still got it for his age :) Couldn't help wondering what would have happened if his knee buckled under him as he landed though :? Eddie also talked ALOT with the crowd, more so than I have seen before, which was great. He also went into some crazy healthcare story at one point and mentioned a dog licking his own asshole in front of Neil Young . . . yeah, seriously. Some sort of metaphor for health care. I didn't really catch it all, so I'll have to relisten on the boot :) Mikey was jumping all over the place and pointing, smiling with the crowd and mouthing the words along with Ed throughout. Seemed like it was HIS night . . . he stole the show with his actions and solos . . . he was ON FIRE. Jeff was all over the stage too. Stone played really well, but stayed pretty stationary as he usually does. Matt was smiling the whole time too and put in a stellar show. . . . . awesome show. Awesome.
    Post edited by nevmiles on
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
  • got home just after 2am, woke up at 5.30am to come to work for a 12 hour shift...my eyes hurt but my ears are still happy from last night. the opening was a treat and like most times i felt rewarded for having enough sense and respect to get there in time for the opening act-i've learned at previous shows you never know what might happen. for those who don't bother...serves you right. as for the age thing, it feels good to be growing with a band and i think we've all got a few good years left in us. lastly beth, here's to our 7th time seeing our favorite band together, it just makes it that much better, 'til next time.
    in closing...best seats i've ever had to date (section 202, row k) and security was non-existent-which was good since i managed to get alot of video, bad since there were quite a few people who came down only to stand in front of people in our row. first time i've ever seen that happen, it sucked.
    i'll ride the wave...
  • Hawk123 wrote:
    The song that Mike and Ed did with the Pharmacists was Search And Destroy. Full preset was:

1. EV - Sugar Mountain
    2. EV - Needle and the Damage Done
    3. MM - acoustic song
    4. MM - acoustic song
    5. SG - unknown (Johnny Thunder cover)
    6. EV and JA - Bee Girl
    7. Pharmacists - Hybrid Moments
    8. Pharmacists - Lions Den (French Toast)
    9. Pharmacists - Treble In Trouble
    10. Pharmacists - Blitzkrieg Bop
    11. Pharmacists - Search And Destroy (Iggy Pop) (w/Ed Ved and Mike McCready)
    that is the coolest thing ever that they did that. MM playing solo and singing!! I wonder of ted leo & co were running late or having trouble so PJ guys had to bridge the gap???
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
    mstrfrck wrote:
    and security was non-existent-which was good since i managed to get alot of video

Not where I was . . . we were seats 2 & 3, right by the aisle. We had two guys walking the aisle the whole night checking for video/smoking . . .
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
  • nevmiles wrote:
    mstrfrck wrote:
    and security was non-existent-which was good since i managed to get alot of video

Not where I was . . . we were seats 2 & 3, right by the aisle. We had two guys walking the aisle the whole night checking for video/smoking . . .

i was at the other end of the isle-23, 24. i was definitely surprised and dare i say i kind of wish someone had come down because the amount of people who were not where they were supposed was a bit ridiculous. i paid for my seat and was not anticipating having some douche basically sit in my lap.
    i'll ride the wave...
    JordyWordy wrote:
    Eddie singing SEARCH & DESTROY???????? Oh man, i hope that was as incredible as it sounds!

Mike & Eddie MADE that song amazing . . . didn't even notice the Pharmasicts playing during it :?
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
  • morgie2morgie2 Posts: 1,065
    nevmiles wrote:

'Cept for the fact that they are all CLEARLY older ;)

Eddie did have great energy last night . . . . but the high resolution on those screens really shows how they all have aged.

I feel like it was Mikey's night last night too . . . he was ON FIRE with all his solos/jams; Corduroy, Even Flow, Down, Black, ALive & Porch were ALL scorchers....

They have aged well, though. Mike in particular looks better now than he did in '94!! I think that the facial hair ages Eddie quite a bit.
    Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
    Hartford 10 Boston 10 Wrigley 13 Worcester I 13 Worcester II 13 Hartford 13
    NYC I 16 NYC II 16 Fenway I 16 Fenway II 16  Fenway 1 18  Fenway II 18
    E.V. Boston II 08 E.V. Albany II 09 E.V. Providence 11, E.V. Boston 11
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • mikepmikep Posts: 290
    wow.
    thank you pearl jam. love. love. love.

what an amazing start to the evening. it was just absolutely surreal with one surprise after another. the clips of sugar mountain are so pretty. ughhh. just in awe. so cool to see mike and stone go it alone. and bee girl, yay!

main set was fun too. had lawn seats, which was fine, though a bit far but the screens helped. wished the people around us were more into it like me cause from my perspective i wasn't able to tell if the crowd was 'into it' the whole night b/c my local area was sorta mediocre. anyways, i think i missed some of ed going into the crowd during porch...so if someon could clarify what he actually did/how far he went etc that would awesome.

mike was blistering. and then at some point he had no shirt on! lol. the ending of the night was odd. awesome RITFW but then after they were hanging around still and i was expecting YL then suddenly the overhead music started and that was it! doh! sorta thought someone messed up there but oh well. also wish they played brother or supersonic or one of the who songs, but c'est la vie. THe singalongs are always fun so it's a fair replacement, haha!

overall, best opening 'thing' EVER EVER EVER. overall set awesome but i still give the edge in terms of toronto shows to night 2 in 2006.

awesome night. really can't wait for philly now. i love this band. so much. thank you thank you.

mike p.
    ps. oh the preparty was awesome too! thanks to all those who ran it!
    96-11-Tor; 03-Mont; 05,13-London;05-Kitchnr, Hamltn; 06-Deroit;08-Mont(EV); 09-Albany(EV), Philly3&4; 10,13-Buff;10-NYC, Mt View; 11-(EV) Boston,Hart,Det,PJ20,Ott,Hamltn,Winnpg,Sask,Cal,Edmntn,Van; 12-Missoula; 13-Wrigley,Pitts,Port,Spok,Cal,Van,Sea.
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • spearheadspearhead Posts: 600
    EXCELLENT pictures BeerBaron!!

I love the way these guys are aging ... they just keep getting better and better and better. Like a fine bottle of wine.

These reviews, everyone of them so far, are getting me so excited for the four Philadelphia shows!

Best Band in the World
    I was alone and far away when I heard the band start playing!

...I was always a DeadHead, but when I first heard Winston Rodney, aka the Burning Spear, sing, I became a SpearHead too!
  • crazybootsiecrazybootsie Posts: 127
    edited August 2009
    still trying to process everything that happened last night but I can say this, the show and fans were incredible.

I've always thought in the past that my luck was a bit shitty but last night I won the ten club lottery and my seats were 2nd row dead center!!!!

Didn't get to say goodbye to our friends from Chicago, it was great meeting you and your wife. I hope your next couple of shows will be as good as last night.
    Post edited by crazybootsie on
    Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
  • The show last night looked great, can't wait 'till Philly.
    Hope you all had fun!
    Did they do the wristband-poster thing for Toronto?
  • MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    Well.....I might change my mind later....but this might have been my favorite show I have attended.

I had great seats, around great people. I had forgotten how great the sound is at the Ampitheatre.

PreParty
    Demetrios et all did just a great job running the show. Lots of people, great rooftop patio on a beautiful night. I am sorry to hear that people were turned away - because it was a lot of fun. A little too much fun.

Getting to the Show/Opening Pre Set
    We started to hear rumors that they had soundchecked Of the girl, and everyone started getting excited. The walk from the Prety Party was longer than I expected. When we got to the Ampitheatre there were huge lines everywhere, and just as we got through the gate, we could hear Ed's voice.

By the time I actually grabbed a beer, and Sat down - he was just starting Needle and the Damage Done. The guy behind me was there and filled me in about Ted Leo....What an experience.

When Ed and Jeff came out, Ed say's "this is a song about insects"......I thought we were getting Bugs. Bee Girl was great.

Show
    The opening soft Drums from Of The Girl started just as the sun had set. The Place went wild. Even for the not-so-die hard fans who probably never heard it before - it was something special.

They ripped into the Corduroy, Severed Hand, Why Go, Brain of J.......

Ed introduced I am Mine as a song about staying safe....dedicating it to the victims of yesterday's tornados.

The Fixer was really well received. The entire theatre was singing along.

The rest of the show was amazing. It was definately a Mike and Eddie night. I don't remember when - but by the end of the set, Mike was topless and just going nuts.

The time between the set and the 1st encore - didn't even feel like an encore break. I think they were trying to save time..but it was only 2 minutes - tops.

Porch was teh highlight of the Encores.....maybe even the highlight of the night.

It ended kind of quickly......but all in all - an amazing show.

Getting Out
    Crazy. I ended up walking for 1.5 hours back to the hotel. Don't ask me which way I went. I don't remember.
    Well.....I might change my mind later....but this might have been my favorite show I have attended.

I had great seats, around great people. I had forgotten how great the sound is at the Ampitheatre.

PreParty
    Demetrios et all did just a great job running the show. Lots of people, great rooftop patio on a beautiful night. I am sorry to hear that people were turned away - because it was a lot of fun. A little too much fun.

Getting to the Show/Opening Pre Set
    We started to hear rumors that they had soundchecked Of the girl, and everyone started getting excited. The walk from the Prety Party was longer than I expected. When we got to the Ampitheatre there were huge lines everywhere, and just as we got through the gate, we could hear Ed's voice.

By the time I actually grabbed a beer, and Sat down - he was just starting Needle and the Damage Done. The guy behind me was there and filled me in about Ted Leo....What an experience.

When Ed and Jeff came out, Ed say's "this is a song about insects"......I thought we were getting Bugs. Bee Girl was great.

Show
    The opening soft Drums from Of The Girl started just as the sun had set. The Place went wild. Even for the not-so-die hard fans who probably never heard it before - it was something special.

They ripped into the Corduroy, Severed Hand, Why Go, Brain of J.......

Ed introduced I am Mine as a song about staying safe....dedicating it to the victims of yesterday's tornados.

The Fixer was really well received. The entire theatre was singing along.

The rest of the show was amazing. It was definately a Mike and Eddie night. I don't remember when - but by the end of the set, Mike was topless and just going nuts.

The time between the set and the 1st encore - didn't even feel like an encore break. I think they were trying to save time..but it was only 2 minutes - tops.

Porch was teh highlight of the Encores.....maybe even the highlight of the night.

It ended kind of quickly......but all in all - an amazing show.

Getting Out
    Crazy. I ended up walking for 1.5 hours back to the hotel. Don't ask me which way I went. I don't remember.
    Hm. I thought the exact opposite about the sound - and we were only a few rows in front of the soundboard! I agree with you 100% about everything else involving the night though. I'm going to remember Sugar Mountain and the Needle and the Damage Done (two of my all-time favourite songs) for years to come, and hope Pearl Jam considers releasing this special 'pre-set' as part of the bootleg release for this show. Thanks, also, to the Ten Club, for getting me wicked seats, dead center in section 201!

EV