*** Berlin Fanviews Here 8/15/09 ***

Comments

• Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    AmyMoore wrote:

Nice vids!

Any chance you got God's Dice?

Can't find ANY video of it

Probably because the crowd went so crazy during that one! I missed most of it myself trying to breath, and I was so hoping it would be played! Hopefully I'll see it again and get to take it in more!! Berlin was amazing though, bits keep popping into my head and making me smile! :D
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    Well, THAT arrogant girl who treated people like slaves (especially the Italian guys) at the 10c queue obviously has no idea what "the spirit of love, freedom and pearl jam" mean :D :twisted: no matter how many shows she has attended...;) Next time the situation should be handled by a way more diplomatic and communicative person in my opinion - not someone who for example aggressively shouts her negative stereotypes...e.g. about Italian people...
    peace
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Spankensen wrote:
    Berlin was fantastic! BUT.....the whole number thing was ridiculous...some italian woman (who wasn't even a PJ or TC official) was bossing everyone around including myself...she repeatedly called me b*tch and said she would have me physically removed (with brute force) if i don't queue....she kept bumping her gigantic (and quite smelly) body against me in a very scary way, trying to intimidate me...i was very close to calling the police and have her removed because she was threatening to hurt me....then while waiting in the fan club area, i watched how THESE PEOPLE acted like some kind of self-appointed PJ police force and were bullying people around...no wonder the whole fan club queue got aggresive and heated up when the doors opened...i've already sent a complaint to TC and i would like to call on all those who had the same awful experience to do the same. TC has to do something about it, because many PJ fans will not accept this kind of fascist behaviour...PJ is all about love, freedom and f*cking fantastic music and fans....THIS CANNOT HAPPEN AGAIN! no PJ fan is in the position to self-appoint him or herself to tell other PJ fans (who paid for the tickets, got up early, waited for ages etc) where, when and how to queue...TC should send an official to the fan club entrance and call on everyone to queue, but not some bossy smelly italian woman who thinks she can appoint herself (and surround herself with some intimidating morons) and tell everyone else what to do! i was actually ashamed to be in the same fan club as these people, because they apparently don't understand and respect the values of PJ and their fans.

apart from that, the concert was brilliant...great people, great weather and above all GREAT PJ PERFORMANCE!
    "some intimidating morons,her gigantic (and quite smelly) body" ,,,sound so polite and kind words of u.....".PJ is all about love, freedom and f*cking fantastic music and fans"..exactly..and u will call the police?what a spirit.of freedom....all this with just a note: this was a ROCK CONCERT..,...i have the solution for u..no need 10c to do anything or change their way in concerts..just u .become a member of pavarotti club..and you will have your own suite in the shows and all the asses around u will smell channel No 5
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    wash_ wrote:
    I think that without Sandra there, gigs / queueing would be a hell of a lot more stressfull and a pain in the arse.

Some of those security guys haven't got a clue.
    exactly..exable was Rotterdam..all was great..with the numbers and with the security thst help alot
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Ricsard wrote:
    Well, THAT arrogant girl who treated people like slaves (especially the Italian guys) at the 10c queue obviously has no idea what "the spirit of love, freedom and pearl jam" mean :D :twisted: no matter how many shows she has attended...;) Next time the situation should be handled by a way more diplomatic and communicative person in my opinion - not someone who for example aggressively shouts her negative stereotypes...e.g. about Italian people...
    peace
    i had a number ,i didnt use it get in the venue with a german friend last of 10c members...i had the pen and put the numbers in the hands after 100 number..all that arrive in the early entrance...i told anyone come on to put u number for all be in order...u know who didnt take numbers and say i will be in the front dont care about your numbers?...the italians....and i love italy and the italians,,no stereotype, anything..all start when the italians arrive in the early entrance and make their own line with out the numbers line...i was there from 9 in the morning i see the names ,the line list, the book we wrote the names of the line..with my pen people wrote their names...the only one didnt respect the line number system was some of the italians....the most of italians btw was ok and respect the whole story..
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    The complaints in the last few pages are just the reason why I won't or very rarely queue for a Pearl Jam show. By the time I get in, I'm too stressed out, and thats a few hours before I get squished to the barrier. It's great if you're in the clique of queue-er's, if you're not, god love ye! Manchester got similar reports of bossiness and general uncalled-for comments.

Tis besides the point of the show fanview really, but it's a shame that someone's night can be potentially ruined by their experiences before they even step foot inside the arena.

The Berlin show has definitely been one of, if not THE, best PJ show I've been to. I sat outside the 10c gates, chilled out with awesome people and had a laugh in the sunshine. Had great company inside the venue too, Pearl Jam played a blinder... what more could you want! :D
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Ricsard wrote:
    peace
    i had a number ,i didnt use it get in the venue with a german friend last of 10c members...i had the pen and put the numbers in the hands after 100 number..all that arrive in the early entrance...i told anyone come on to put u number for all be in order...u know who didnt take numbers and say i will be in the front dont care about your numbers?...the italians....and i love italy and the italians,,no stereotype, anything..all start when the italians arrive in the early entrance and make their own line with out the numbers line...i was there from 9 in the morning i see the names ,the line list, the book we wrote the names of the line..with my pen people wrote their names...the only one didnt respect the line number system was some of the italians....the most of italians btw was ok and respect the whole story..

OK, I see and I had been part of this numbering system before e.g. In Vienna 2006...worked like charm, no complaints from anyone, so please don't think I am against it.

In Berlin it turned out we arrived too late AT NOON!!! ;) :shock:
    ok, we felt f***ed, but c'est la vie, got over it 10 minutes later...
    shortly we felt we needed to ask for a number at the front and out of the blue a Dutch guy (who I thought was kind before) started to shout at me and threaten us. Jeez
    I understood people were stressed and excited but that's not the way I usually talk to anybody.

Maybe the numbering shouldn't have stopped at 157 (?)
    -while the other 150+ fans without numbers were expected to get to the back of the queue and be patient - obviously noone of the "organisers" thought of the fact that MANY of these 10clubbers would want to get and jump the queue for position 158-159 ;) and later even push around for position 100 >> 50...etc
    that's where things went really bad and got fucked up after that in my opinion.

But who cares? I am grateful we had a great sleep, finally had a nice spot at the front and didn't have to wait at the venue from dawn;) and thank God I realised I am not that huge PJ fanatic at all...;)
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
  • Options
    Ricsard wrote:
    OK, I see and I had been part of this numbering system before e.g. In Vienna 2006...worked like charm, no complaints from anyone, so please don't think I am against it.

shortly we felt we needed to ask for a number at the front and out of the blue a Dutch guy (who I thought was kind before) started to shout at me and threaten us. Jeez
    I understood people were stressed and excited but that's not the way I usually talk to anybody.

-while the other 150+ fans without numbers were expected to get to the back of the queue and be patient - obviously noone of the "organisers" thought of the fact that MANY of these 10clubbers would want to get and jump the queue for position 158-159 ;) and later even push around for position 100 >> 50...etc

But who cares? I am grateful we had a great sleep, finally had a nice spot at the front and didn't have to wait at the venue from dawn;) and thank God I realised I am not that huge PJ fanatic at all...;)
    i understand u ...i could be in 1st row in berlin couse i was there early with the number thing,,but u know what..i enjoy it more this way,,have fun with friends drink my beer and enjoy most of all safe the show...anyway 2 days before in rotterdam i was first row,touch eddie finger and take mikes pick,,so no more to ask ;)
  • Options
    TheSkyEtcTheSkyEtc Athens, GR Posts: 63
    anyway 2 days before in rotterdam i was first row,touch eddie finger
    a5901V-cr.jpg

LOL!
    A whisper through a megaphone
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Ricsard wrote:

i understand u ...i could be in 1st row in berlin couse i was there early with the number thing,,but u know what..i enjoy it more this way,,have fun with friends drink my beer and enjoy most of all safe the show...anyway 2 days before in rotterdam i was first row,touch eddie finger and take mikes pick,,so no more to ask ;)

nice memories from all those yesterdays for you.
    well, Ed touched our hands in Berlin (again) and stroked my flag twice while running as well.
    In Rotterdam he gave a zippo lighter to the girl I was with and later his towel to me personally :D

the Berlin recreation bar area was fantastic and there I didn't really give a damn about the fact we were outnumbered...just enjoyed the nice weather on a bench with some old and some new mates, the atmosphere and the promise of another fantastic night.
    Post edited by Ricsard on
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,713
    The fact that numbers on hands are needed is quite frankly pathetic beyond words
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    The fact that numbers on hands are needed is quite frankly pathetic beyond words
    to see pj 1st row in europe need more than buy a ticket..i think pathetic is cheating in the quote people that they are there from early morning.so number is a solution..not good but its something..and its so easy to solve this..Rotterdam is the best exable..
  • Options
    Stereotype wrote:
    Ooooohh have I got a little story for you... :D

Fifteen hours in a van, then some drinking, not enough sleep - that's for sure...
    The 10C line was holding about 150 people when we arrived at the entrance and we thought we were early...Then another 5 hours in the bar area listening to Pearl Jam music. People from Israel, Mexico, Italy, Brasil, Belgium, Greece..and where not...amazing!
    Queuing to get inside was insane. People jumped over the fences and local security guys were definitely not prepared. They should have put a proper rail and much of the pushing could have been prevented..
    I didn't mind..as always I was extremely pumped up and excited. Let me in..let me in!...and they did.

Second row, Mike's side...
    The first real highlight was the Mexican wave that went all around the venue. Heartfelt, beautiful.The spirit was there!Gomez were a pleasant opener, they looked like they were overwhelmed by the amount of people that were quite responsive.

And then it happened. Why Go is a mad opener. The crowd in the dead front center looked like a wave of mud. They moved slowly but firmly, there's no point of fighting against it. Rock n roll! I was screaming the lines, jumping and waving my Slovenian flag and before I realized I was front row- right on the right side of that massive big pole that supported the roof. The intensity was growing with every song that followed (Hail, Hail, The Fixer, Corduroy). It felt hot...like going up with the flames of passion. Addictive highs cannot be endured for long.. and I guess my emotions were piled up by the time they hit the first notes of I am Mine, because I had to fight back the tears - but didn't succeed.

It's the strangest feeling that I know oh so well from all the Pearl Jam concerts. I feel happy but sad, like a pilgrim that walked into the holy land but lost his dearest somewhere back on the path. My private landscape of music. It's very personal for me, because I've been listening to this band since my early teenage years, grown up with it..Every experience I've had bonded with one of the songs and when I hear it..it takes me there..even though at times I don't want it to. If there was such a thing like a map of a heart, Pearl Jam have my key to it... and they now all the secret passages...and they can dig new holes. And its scary. I would have felt a lot saner if nothing had such power over me.

I'm really glad I've heard Nothing as it seems. Line "Occupations overthrown, a whisper through a megaphone" cuts me like a knife. And Untitled and MFC and God's Dice, Even Flow.. one after another. What a great setlist!I felt the ground again with Unemployable...can't really remember Severed Hand.

Forgetting is another thing I encounter at Pearl Jam concert. There's always a song or two, I can hardly remember. Forgetting reinforces the impression of dreams. I'm not a big fan of dreams, but I it like when something feels dreamy. If I was a jumping/screaming machine before, I got completely fragile at Light Years and there I was in tears - again! I'm much to frail for this song. I was a wreck but it still felt great. I started afresh after that.
    Daugther, Got Some (I love it!!Love it!), Glorified G and Brother ..I swear I could jump on the stage, it felt like I could do anything!Insignificance and DTE brought out the activist in me..now I felt not only that I could do anything but that I'm going to!

First encore was undoubtedly special, although I'm not such a fan of Bee Girl. Betterman, Given To Fly and Alive was were I felt like a part of the crowd most and the connection with the band was fenomenal. Hard To Imagine is what the title says. I really don't have a proper vocabulary, words feel so clumsy..Who needs words when you got feelings!

Second encore started with Ed remembering the Venice show that got canceled after that terrible storm...I was there, is where for the first time I got really scared for my life when hailstones bounced of my body..It's a pleasant warm feeling when you know that they cared deeply for all the injured and hurt. Small time was another communion song and Faithful another one that I couldn't believe I'm hearing, actually that goes for Sonic Reducer too. RITFW and Yellow Ledbetter were expected but I enjoyed ever second of it. I think RITFW is theirs. When you play one song so many times and put so much energy to it - it's yours...Yellow Ledbetter is when you know the show is over..but I'm gonna carry this show inside for a long time...

I didn't take any photos during the concert and after the show I didn't even bother to go buy some merch (even though I would like to have a poster). It felt so shallow and materialistic. It's a very soulful experience for me. Much like a car repair. It gets a little rusty and dusty, but when you clean it, and fix it a bit, it is as good as new and it has much more soul to it then any new car. I feel polished, cleansed and alive now!

I tried...but this review is not portraying what I've felt even slightly. You just can't answer with words.... maybe with music..

I always repeat myself by saying - If only I could somehow return the gift - they continue to give me unknowingly...

this is one of the greatest post i ever read..btw i met some awesome people in berlin...from SLOVENIA ;)
    To bad i didnt meet them from Venice to be friends more time
  • Options
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Spankensen wrote:
    I apologize for the "smelly" and "moron". That was uncalled for and you are right, it is definitely not in the PJ spirit.

But let me get a couple of things straight here. I am not German and my stance on this matter has nothing to do with my nationality but rather to do with me being a peace-loving human being. I was there early as well while all the others were sitting around on the wooden benches, drinking, singing, people talking, laughing and enjoying the sunshine. I had no idea about a numbering of fans and wasn't informed by anyone. I have been to several other PJ concerts in the past with TC tickets and had never encountered a numbering system. No queue had formed yet or even started to form when I arrived. Then a couple of people started running around and telling everyone to queue up. I was still completely unaware of this "numbering", when She (as I don't know her name) came up to me and started telling me in a very bossy and loud manner to move if I don't have a number. I asked her if she was a TC official and she said no, but that wouldn't matter. I told her that I would not move as she does not have the right to tell me what to do. She then got very loud, called me b*tch (repeatedly) and said she would move me with physical force if I refuse to move. That was when I started to refuse to cooperate because her demeanour was very bossy, unfriendly, abusive and threatening. She wasn't an official and had no right whatsoever to talk to me or treat me that way. She then started to bump her whole body up against mine (again repeatedly) trying to push me away. I felt very uncomfortable as she was invading my space and threatening me with bodily harm. Her whole manner was very aggresive. Then in the PJ beach club area, She and several others had the audacity to block the front part and were treating others, who were trying to "trespass", in a very aggresive way. A lot of fans were agitated by this behaviour even those who had numbers.

I would like to emphasize that I also agree to a queueing system (especially after the entry disaster in Berlin), but this must be handled by a TC official and not some self-appointed fan or fans and especially not someone who believes she/he is in the position to lash out, call people names, bully them around and threaten fans with physical force.

I did not start with the aggressive behaviour. I asked her in a normal and calm voice if she was a TC official. She was the one who jumped in my face for no reason and started to threaten me. That is a behaviour I cannot and will not tolerate. I have every right to stand up for myself.

I understand that you are being a loyal friend to her, but put yourself in my shoes for a moment and then tell me that you wouldn't have reacted in a similiar manner if someone started calling you names and threatening you for a reason you were not even aware of.

The 15. August started out as a fantastic day - took quite a deep dip during the whole queuing debacle and entry disaster - but fortunately ended on a sweet note with one of the best PJ concerts ever. I will not let this taint my memory, but I will also try to prevent this of happening again (and to other fans who are and were completely unaware of your "self-appointed numbering system"). Therefore I feel obliged to voice my opinion if you like it or not and call on all fans, who felt they were treated wrongly, to do the same.

Had this happen in Bern couple years go. Small group of traveling fans acted as they where running things....taking off drinking what not then expeced to have this spot, Had one of thses nimbrods want to fight....there are dick pj fans.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    danleridanleri Posts: 497
    I would like to express my opinion on the issue of the q system on the day of the gig, outside Wuhlheide 10C exclusive entrance.

I am the "N. 1" guy q'ing in Berlin, having arrived at 4.00 o'clock in the morning on the day of the gig.
    I wasn't sleeping that night as I was probably full of adrenaline already so I thought I mite as well take the train and go down...

I agree with who said an arbitrary numbering system is pathetic.
    I agree with who said TenClub management didn't care about security on the day of the gig, outside the venue.

Having said that, I also agree with who said that something to organise the q outside the venue needed to be done, and done by us q'ers, respecting basic rules of discipline and fairness. And that's what we tried to do on that day and that is generally done in many gigs, in order to avoid q skipping by people arriving at the venue later than others.

I believe then and I still believe now and I will always believe that by arriving early at a venue, you earn the right to be allowed in first or among the first unless you have a number on a seat in which case you can arrive at the venue whenever suits you being sure that nobody will ever take your seat. The earier you q outside the venue, the more chances you have to get into the venue before others and enjoy the gig from wherever you decide to sit or stand. That's why there are crazy people like me q'ing at that crazy hour of the morning, I suppose...

I don't think anybody in any q, supermarket, cinema, airport gates, grocery shop, likes to see people from behind rudely skipping the q and jumping ahead. This certainly applies to gigs as well and I dare anybody in the whole 10C Forum to disagree with this.

Problems and awkward situations that inevitably happen when dealing with large excited crowds of concert goers, aggravated by silly disagreements and arguments, are the real issue at hand here, and things like these will always happen when people from behind try to jump ahead totally disregarding those simple and fair general rules mentioned before.

On a more personal note, as in addition to have been the first one to arrive on that day, I also happen to be Italian, I feel the urge to point out that nationality has nothing to do with what happened outside the venue that day, as I believe stupidity and arrogance have no nationality at all.

Having said that, I do have to sadly agree with who said that many Italians where the ones creating the "disorders" and "rebelling" against the q system organised by us on that day. It's true. I had to deal with some of them myself and while doing so I had the impression of talking to empty fish tanks.

I would like to say hi to all of the guys and girls who were q'ing with me, I love you all and I will see you all at another PJ gig in EU or US and try to beat me this time!

Peace and Love
    Gerlando
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    anyone who gets 'stressed out' by this queueing needs a bit of a check!

just for some weird reason people cant understand the concept of queueing and then the even more complex concept of queueing in order of number!
  • Options
    Brisk. wrote:
    anyone who gets 'stressed out' by this queueing needs a bit of a check!

just for some weird reason people cant understand the concept of queueing and then the even more complex concept of queueing in order of number!

You just said in three lines what took me a whole webpage to say... :-)
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    danleri wrote:
    I would like to express my opinion on the issue of the q system on the day of the gig, outside Wuhlheide 10C exclusive entrance.

I am the "N. 1" guy q'ing in Berlin, having arrived at 4.00 o'clock in the morning on the day of the gig.
    I wasn't sleeping that night as I was probably full of adrenaline already so I thought I mite as well take the train and go down...

I agree with who said an arbitrary numbering system is pathetic.
    I agree with who said TenClub management didn't care about security on the day of the gig, outside the venue.

Having said that, I also agree with who said that something to organise the q outside the venue needed to be done, and done by us q'ers, respecting basic rules of discipline and fairness. And that's what we tried to do on that day and that is generally done in many gigs, in order to avoid q skipping by people arriving at the venue later than others.

I believe then and I still believe now and I will always believe that by arriving early at a venue, you earn the right to be allowed in first or among the first unless you have a number on a seat in which case you can arrive at the venue whenever suits you being sure that nobody will ever take your seat. The earier you q outside the venue, the more chances you have to get into the venue before others and enjoy the gig from wherever you decide to sit or stand. That's why there are crazy people like me q'ing at that crazy hour of the morning, I suppose...

I don't think anybody in any q, supermarket, cinema, airport gates, grocery shop, likes to see people from behind rudely skipping the q and jumping ahead. This certainly applies to gigs as well and I dare anybody in the whole 10C Forum to disagree with this.

Problems and awkward situations that inevitably happen when dealing with large excited crowds of concert goers, aggravated by silly disagreements and arguments, are the real issue at hand here, and things like these will always happen when people from behind try to jump ahead totally disregarding those simple and fair general rules mentioned before.

On a more personal note, as in addition to have been the first one to arrive on that day, I also happen to be Italian, I feel the urge to point out that nationality has nothing to do with what happened outside the venue that day, as I believe stupidity and arrogance have no nationality at all.

Having said that, I do have to sadly agree with who said that many Italians where the ones creating the "disorders" and "rebelling" against the q system organised by us on that day. It's true. I had to deal with some of them myself and while doing so I had the impression of talking to empty fish tanks.

I would like to say hi to all of the guys and girls who were q'ing with me, I love you all and I will see you all at another PJ gig in EU or US and try to beat me this time!

Peace and Love
    Gerlando

Well said! And we'll try our best to beat you to the queue next time! The race is on! ;):D
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    I don't know if this was adressed before but the thing that I found strange was not so much the q itself but the fact that once you were in the arena basically ANYONE with or without a wristband could get to front row anyway... So what was the big deal? I was hoping they would have a section in front where us 10clubbers would get in with the wristband. I really don't see the point of the q to get i early... :o
    Houston Tx@The Vatican 1991, Stockholm@Moderna Museet 1992, Stockholm@Sjöhistoriska 1995, Warzawa@Torwar 1996, Stockholm@Sjöhistoriska 2000, Oslo@Spectrum 2000, Berlin@Wuhlheide 2009, Stockholm@Globen 2012, Oslo@Spectrum 2012, Copenhagen@Forum 2012, Amsterdam x2 2014, Berlin 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014 (Strangest Tribe!), London 2018, Berlin 2018, Seattle 1+2 2018.... 
  • Options
    Gerlando[/quote]
    so Gerlando thanks for this post couse u clear all this.and agree with alot i wrote already..,,and couse i remember u..as all couse everybody talk about number 1...what about south america 2010.?...u Italian,me Greek...we have to be crazy latinos too.. ;)
  • Options
    I don't know if this was adressed before but the thing that I found strange was not so much the q itself but the fact that once you were in the arena basically ANYONE with or without a wristband could get to front row anyway... So what was the big deal? I was hoping they would have a section in front where us 10clubbers would get in with the wristband. I really don't see the point of the q to get i early... :o

I can only hope Pearl Jam read this and do something to prevent stupid things like queue disorders to happen in future gigs... more organisation outside and inside the venue in general. Altho I have to say that from the point of view of safety everything was perfect as far as I could see and I will never stop thanking Eddie who stopped and asked whoever was pushing to step back and just enjoy the gig...
  • Options
    Gerlando
    so Gerlando thanks for this post couse u clear all this.and agree with alot i wrote already..,,and couse i remember u..as all couse everybody talk about number 1...what about south america 2010.?...u Italian,me Greek...we have to be crazy latinos too.. ;)[/quote]

South America 2010 sounds just like a dream to me... :-)
  • Options
    Yeah, this was an awesome concert! Amazing setlist, wonderful evening (I kinda felt like in '06 when they were playing in the Wuhlheide on September 23rd- 'cause that was a wonderful night too) and great people.
  • Options
    Here's something for all fans of all nationalities...an interview with Eddie and Matt before the Berlin concert...enjoy :)

p.s. click on pearl jam (in the rundown)...then on the right hand side (upper part) click on the caption below the picture to enjoy a 20 minute interview

http://www.3sat.de/dynamic/sitegen/bin/ ... zeit&cx=94
    He who forgets, will be destined to remember.
  • Options
    Spankensen wrote:
    Here's something for all fans of all nationalities...an interview with Eddie and Matt before the Berlin concert...enjoy :)

p.s. click on pearl jam (in the rundown)...then on the right hand side (upper part) click on the caption below the picture to enjoy a 20 minute interview

"...like going to a camping trip and forget the toothpaste..." great Eddie :-)
  • Options
    It was a great gig!!! because, you know, it is pearl jam...
    and every song they play is accepted with great enjoyement from me...
    just, some binaural songs were "unexpected", but it s ok.

what I want to say is:

1) I am a member of TC, but fans who are dedicated as much as me (some of my friends) could not find a good place, and it was a pity!

2) secondly, after the great start, I got a little bit scared because of I could not even stand in the ground because of the unfriendly pressure came from around. I saw girls trying to run away, I also moved towards to Mike's area!.. If anyone has fallen down it could be a disaster!.. It is wrong to give tickets to all area at the same price, that is one of the reasons. because, why should anyone paid same as me would like to stay at the "sit" area, not at the "standing"?! PLEASE, REMEMBER THOSE KIND OF THINGS, because you cannot change the people (so called d*cks...), but can arrange safer security!!!
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,266
    I was at the Berlin gig with a non 10C ticket, bought a berlin stickerman t and a poster in a tube, walked down to maybe 10-15 row. I jumped, danced and did even get free beer, why even bother to get a 10c ticket when you are going to fight in the q, I could walked down to first row if i wanted that.
    I talked to fans from New Zeland, Italy, Spain and Norway amongs others and everybody was nice and liked the show. Peace man, we are all there for the same reason, its called PEARL JAM
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    danleri wrote:

South America 2010 sounds just like a dream to me... :-)
    not have any problem u take number 1..and me number 2.. ;);)
  • Options
    Spankensen wrote:

thanks for the post :D