Options

*** Berlin Fanviews Here 8/15/09 ***

Comments

• Options
    Elbereth84Elbereth84 Posts: 253
    This was my very first PJ concert ... how lucky am I to get such an amazing setlist? :mrgreen: Only Footsteps & Black were missing ... but hey, I don't wanna complain.

Why Go as opener sooo rocked! When the band came out and began to play the whole crowd suddenly started to jump and pushed us like 2 meteres to the right side. It was so energetic!! For me as a newie it was cool to hear some classics like Alive, Given to Fly or Do the Evolution. I couldn't believe when I recognized the first notes of Untitled - for me that was the best song of the whole show. Eddies voice was amazing! Then we got Nothing as it Seems AND Light Years, omg!! I'm actually not a big fan of Bee Girl, but it was a special experience simply because it's a rare played song. Angie was a nice surprise, too! I thought Small Town & Hard to Imagine at the end of the set were pretty cool!

The band was in a great mood, Eddie had fun and talked a lot to the crowd. Btw ... Given To Fly was a request by a newly wed couple and Eddie dedicated it to them and to all married people in the audience. Faitfull was a request as well. Eddie said something like: "This is the fucking biggest poster I've ever seen. I guess the size does matter, that's why we play Faithfull now ..."

The next shows are going to be fantastic ... cause this was only the beginning. Have fun everybody! I'm still shaking! :D
  • Options
    chidoonechidoone Posts: 327
    Amazing setlist, 4 songs from Binaural... Hope they will play some tomorrow and Tuesday !!

See you there
  • Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    voodoopug wrote:
    nice to see them dust one off from"Goats Head SOUP"!!!!!!! THAT ALONE SOLD ME ON THE BOOT
    I'll be getting this bootleg as soon as it comes out. I know its only rock & roll but I like it, like it yes I do ;) !

I'd like to shake your hand and purchase a domestic draft beer for you!
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    deserteddotsedeserteddotse Posts: 1,276
    Awesome show! Can't wait for London...
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • Options
    skyvalleyskyvalley Posts: 184
    "BLOODY POSTER" --> "BLOODY SHOW"

Whitout my optical glases i thought im back in 92!!

cheers ed
    Berlin 95 with Neil Young, Berlin 1996, Berlin 2000, Berlin 2006, Munich 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Berlin 2009, Dublin 2010, Belfast 2010, Berlin 2010, Amsterdam 1 2012, Amsterdam 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Berlin 2 2012
  • Options
    BackPackSoulBackPackSoul Posts: 136
    edited August 2009
    :shock: :shock:
    Hail Hail, I Am Mine, Bee Girl, Hard To Imagine, Sonic Reducer, Rockin' In The Free World...
    :shock: :shock:
    noooooooo I missed an amazing show!!! :cry:
    pleeeeeeeeeeeeease come to Italy next year!!!!
    :D I miss you alreadyyyyyyyy!!!!

any dedications during the show?
    Post edited by BackPackSoul on
    I don't question our existence
    I just question our modern needs

** http://backpacksoul.wordpress.com **
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,181
    Sounds like a great show, only makes me more excited for Chicago. Just one week away! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    no poster for this one? dont see anything on expressobeans...
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    breakmarysfallbreakmarysfall Posts: 366
    edited August 2009
    Respect!

….so maybe some of you remember: 2007 in Munich my cousin summed up his first PJ gig as:
    This was like a real great fuck!

2009 the hubby of my kindergarten friend summed up his first PJ gig as:
    RESPECT!
    And they do have a great guitar player! :P

I talked them into this trip and I was insecure how they would like it. The hubby is into Motorhead+AC/DC and so PJ is too soft for him and my friend is into Queen, still, so PJ is too new for her.!
    Well, respect sums it up, just perfectly again!!!
    …and of course Mike :P

Anyway, back from Berlin II.
    Same great weather like in 2006 and another magic summer night took place in a wood.

So what happened?
    Something did… again, I guess

The audience + PJ were so!!! intense and so was the energy?
    …and I guess there is just no better place for a PJ gig as Wuhlheide in Berlin.
    At least for Europe I guess. Berlin is cool and people there are just nice and the stage is PERFECT for a PJ gig- and it lies in the middle of Europe, so, many Jammers all over Europe were around… so cool and nice – and I agree: they already seem friends
    …and all in the middle of wonderful green trees!

Anyway, many PJ concerts lie behind me but so far I felt it only once in 2000 then I tried to force it several times, sorry, just looking for it again, this once in alive time Pearl Jam feeling, just feeling it again, and so, yesterday it overtook me again.

Wow- what to say and whom to ask.

This Band is incredible and yes, they do have my respect already,
    for a very long time by now. Already with vitalogy and even before!
    Just singles, still!

Anyway, I even felt some Woodstock Peace and love and we still could make it!
    40 years ago Woodstock, 20 years of PJ and 2010, watch it!
    Our world is done, but could there be hope…?
    Wow, what an energy during evolution and rockin’ in a free world!

The setlist was interesting, wonderful, different.

By now I have read some reviews and some comments about the setlist.
    Well, that was mine.

The whole show was somewhat of an surprise regarding the setlist.
    And: I truly liked gotsome
    it's a bummer!
    …so yes, heard most of the new songs last night only, but they got me again, already!

So dear PJ fans, look forward to this tour, it is stunning again and just wonderful.
    Viva Pearl Jam,
    Please rock on our world for very longer,
    You are built to last, remember!

Cheers and please come back to Wuhlheide soon again.
    my friends wanna rock with you again... :D
    so thank you,
    says
    happy nicki,
    an ol’ fan who just now kinda of drove Berlin-Munich through 2 small towns and is still high! :geek:
    Post edited by breakmarysfall on
    there is no way to peace, peace is the way!
    ...the world is come undone, I like to change it everyday but change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks.
  • Options
    NoLogoNoLogo Posts: 289
    here are some pictures of the show i´ve taken

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=74 ... aid=147602
  • Options
    LenzLenz Posts: 89
    one of the best Pearl Jam Shows I've ever seen - perfect location, perfect weather, great setlist, Ed quite drunken and great audience
    Thanxx - 'till next time
  • Options
    Just 24 hours after I am still in the spirit of this beuatiful evening. I can remember, as I child I sometimes tried to imagine what paradise would be like. How does it look like? What kind of people are there? How does it SOUND like? :-)) So yesterday evening - I think it was during HTI - I remembered me being a child and asking these qustions to myslf. I smiled thinking: It`s not that hard to imagine paradise when you are at Wuhlheide. :-)) A beautiful nightsky, beautiful people beneath it listening, singing and dancing to beautiful music, all in just one place.
    HTI was follwed by Alive, and so another circle in my live has closed.

It was just a perfect show. Thanks so much to everyone who was part of that!
    And please: Let`s all come back one day.

"ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh"

From southern germany, sry bout my bad english.
  • Options
    alesekalesek Posts: 809
    back home in Prague... Nothing really left to say ... Toping out everything ive been put thru in last 20 years.
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
  • Options
    force-10force-10 Posts: 794
    Thanks for these fantastiic fanviews. Very touching posts...definitely buying the bootleg.
    IN THE DARK, ALL CATS ARE BLACK.
  • Options
    DegiDegi Posts: 1,007
    force-10 wrote:
    Thanks for these fantastiic fanviews. Very touching posts...definitely buying the bootleg.

it was touching, honestly... i told some peole about it and i started to cry!!!

time never passed that fast, i was wondering like "why do they play rocking in the free world and yellow ledbetter, i thought they closed shows with that, but they only like played 10 songs"
  • Options
    NickrandNickrand Posts: 140
    I thought this was a really good show. The set list was both hard-charging and unique. It really seemed like the main set lasted for longer than usual.

It was hard to judge the crowd from the front row, but it seemed like the energy was good, and it's interesting to me how people at European shows know PJ's lyrics and sing their songs better than they do in America. It'a also great that PJ's core fan base is very international. There were people in the front row from Brazil, Israel, Poland, Norway, Italy, and many other places.

Highlights for me were a very good performance of Alive, Bee Girl with Jeff on guitar, and Faithfull, which always seems to sound good live. I don't think the Binaural-applied sound effects of Nothing As It Seems translate too well live, but Mike's guitar work does, and he was really great as usual.

I happened to take two videos of songs that were highlights for me:

Bee Girl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRX8CxYAeP8

Alive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67lGa-oR-Zo

As a side note, The Ten Club queue was a horrible experience. A numbering system was organized to try to have some order once the Ten Club early entrance began, but many people, including some who have posted in this thread, pushed their way forward or jumped the queue before the gates were opened. I know this is a self-policing kind of thing, but you really see the worst in human behavior at those moments! And no, the excuse that other people were doing it doesn't make it right.

In addition, around 15-20 minutes before our early entrance, the local security people opened the gates but kept everyone back. Of course that caused a massive push, and nobody could move for that period. There were people who were close to passing out because of the heat and the pushing. Then once the security opened the gates, the push from the queue became violent. I think some of this could have been resolved if PJ security was involved. The event security guys really didn't have a clue on how to manage things. They seemed to be fine during the show though.

Stephen
    '00 Detroit; '03 Detroit I MSG II Boston III; '04 Toledo Grand Rapids; '05 Thunder Bay Kitchener London; '06 Arnhem Barcelona Marseille Prague Berlin; '07 Chorzow London Duesseldorf Copenhagen Nijmegen Lollapalooza; '08 EV LA II EV SD I DC MSG I/II EV Montreal I/II EV Toronto I/II EV Chicago I/II; '09 EV Memphis EV Atlanta I/II Berlin Manchester London Sydney Brisbane Auckland Christchurch; '10 Noblesville Cleveland Dublin Belfast Berlin; '11 EV Detroit EV St. Louis EV Minneapolis PJ20 I/II Winnipeg '12 Berlin I/II Stockholm Oslo '13 London Dallas '14 Berlin Stockholm Oslo Detroit
  • Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Wow great set! They played Bee Girl!!! :)
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    Nickrand wrote:

As a side note, The Ten Club queue was a horrible experience. A numbering system was organized to try to have some order once the Ten Club early entrance began, but many people, including some who have posted in this thread, pushed their way forward or jumped the queue before the gates were opened. I know this is a self-policing kind of thing, but you really see the worst in human behavior at those moments! And no, the excuse that other people were doing it doesn't make it right.

In addition, around 15-20 minutes before our early entrance, the local security people opened the gates but kept everyone back. Of course that caused a massive push, and nobody could move for that period. There were people who were close to passing out because of the heat and the pushing. Then once the security opened the gates, the push from the queue became violent. I think some of this could have been resolved if PJ security was involved. The event security guys really didn't have a clue on how to manage things. They seemed to be fine during the show though.

Stephen

Completely right about this - was there from a ridiculous time in the morning ( :D ), and was lucky enough to still get a place on the barrier - but felt really bad for the people who had been there almost as long and didn't get the place they deserved for the time they waited.

A bit more of an official presence and organisation from both the 10c security and event security would have been helpful - there was a point I seriously thought something was going to go horribly wrong, was very glad it didn't though!

Anyway on a slightly lighter note (maybe!) - check out the bruises Chris got from being crushed against the barrier:

3827068639_438606a741_m.jpg

3827869032_3dff6a2550_m.jpg

:shock:

Was totally worth it to be at the front for that gig though - amazing doesn't come close!
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,258
    strummers wrote:

Completely right about this - was there from a ridiculous time in the morning ( :D ), and was lucky enough to still get a place on the barrier - but felt really bad for the people who had been there almost as long and didn't get the place they deserved for the time they waited.

A bit more of an official presence and organisation from both the 10c security and event security would have been helpful - there was a point I seriously thought something was going to go horribly wrong, was very glad it didn't though!

Anyway on a slightly lighter note (maybe!) - check out the bruises Chris got from being crushed against the barrier:

3827068639_438606a741_m.jpg

3827869032_3dff6a2550_m.jpg

:shock:

Was totally worth it to be at the front for that gig though - amazing doesn't come close!

Holy crap!! :shock:

That looks painful!!
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,258
    Nickrand wrote:

Sweet video!! Great spot too! :)
  • Options
    newy777newy777 Posts: 89
    That concert was incredible...The new songs rocked hard. Given to fly and Why go were perfect.Great to hear Light years also One very happy crowd :)
  • Options
    Just Coming home from the Show in Berlin back to Bern in Switzerland. It was really nice to see the Band rocking like devils jumping into the Fire. The Setlist was amazing for me as first Time PJ Fan. Puuuh, Good to know that 36 Old Men like me can Start crying in emotions. Dammned it was so Lazy that Night and the Warm Summerweather took the Rest for an Unbelievable Weekend in Berlin (Kreuzberg) Thank you Ed for showing we can do it forward, and Mike youre the best Player in this Universe, Stone I love the Way you play , Matt you^re an animal behind the Drums, Jeff the driver, and Boom I missed youre Soli,

Good Night

Chris
  • Options
    Back in Sweden. My feet hurts, my knee hurts, my friend broke a finger and what not... BUT: What a fucking amazing show!!! I saw them first time in 1991 at the Vatican in Houston and they were just as vital last night as they were back then! Standing in the front was so fucking amazing an the band was on fire!

The SETLIST! Damn!

Now I need some sleep! :P
    Houston Tx@The Vatican 1991, Stockholm@Moderna Museet 1992, Stockholm@Sjöhistoriska 1995, Warzawa@Torwar 1996, Stockholm@Sjöhistoriska 2000, Oslo@Spectrum 2000, Berlin@Wuhlheide 2009, Stockholm@Globen 2012, Oslo@Spectrum 2012, Copenhagen@Forum 2012, Amsterdam x2 2014, Berlin 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014 (Strangest Tribe!), London 2018, Berlin 2018, Seattle 1+2 2018.... 
  • Options
    That my friends, is one hell of a set list.

fuck yeah !!!!! that's what Im talkin about
  • Options
    I feel sorry about the people who get hurt before or during the show. I have twisted my right ankle jumping to the intro of Corduroy. My plan was to make the stage shake as it did in MSG. :lol: But the pictures of Bruise look painful indead. Whoeever and whereever you are, hope you`ll be okay soon.

I have made recordings of "I am mine" and "Betterman". Check it out at http://www.youtube.de/PJgermany
  • Options
    that is an awesome setlist! I hope Chicago can even compare to that. Im surprised no one mentioned gods dice...i would be really excited about that.. i hope they play it in Chicago!!

did anyone get a video of it?
  • Options
    icemanapicemanap Posts: 406
    Outstanding setlist. Glad everyone had a good time. Looks a pretty sweet venue by the way.

Roll on Tuesday night - how many times am I going to say that this month!!???
    :D Rock on!!!! :D
    Seen Pearl Jam 4 times in London, once in Manchester, as well as an Eddie show at Hammersmith.
  • Options
    JimNasticsJimNastics Posts: 679
    OOooh yeah I've just seen in Ed in his shorts in some of the videos!! That is fucking cool! For some reason this show reminds me a lot of the 1992 Euro festival tour... I guess it's the sunshine and the shorts :D
  • Options
    redeyeredeye Posts: 620
    Jack Straw wrote:
    Nice to see Binaural make an appearance.

amen