Options

*** Berlin Fanviews Here 8/15/09 ***

Comments

• Options
    BairbreBairbre Posts: 31
    They played it after “Glorified G.” Ed actually said: that was an old one. One of our previous drummers wrote it (?!),

I think he was referring to when Dave Abbruzzese bought two guns and whatever discussions/arguments it brought up with the other guys in the band, Glorified G was written after this....I think Eddie in particular was horrified that Dave had bought these guns.....which would explain his somewhat bitchy comment in Berlin on Saturday night!! He said something like 'our old drummer wrote that song...though he doesn't know it' and then laughed drunkenly :)
    No time to be void...or save up on life; you gotta spend it all...
  • Options
    alesekalesek Posts: 809
    kaseya wrote:

cheers man, well put.
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
  • Options
    veddermanvedderman Posts: 799
    petronio78 wrote:
    one of the greatest show ever...and then on sunday I met Mike :shock: and Matt :shock: ...and now my life has changed forever.

hope to see you guys soon, maybe in italy for other 10 shows...

wow you lucky bastard :o hello from me - we sat together in 3rd row at the show ;)
    2000 Ljubljana
    2006 Vienna, Zagreb
    2007 Munich
    2009 Berlin
    2010 Dublin, Belfast, Berlin, Venice
    2011 Montreal, Toronto 1&2
    2012 Manchester 1&2, Amsterdam 1&2, Prague, Berlin 1&2, EV Manchester
    2013 Worcester 1&2, Brooklyn 1&2
    2014 Amsterdam 1&2, Manchester 1&2, Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2017 EV Firenze, Taormina 1&2
    2018 Amsterdam 1&2, Padova, Prague, Krakow, Berlin
    2019 EV Firenze
  • Options
    gonna just repeat the superlativez from all of you guys who were so lucky to be at Wuhlheide!!!! stunning, awesome and excellent performance!!!! hard to explain how excited we were, cause it was one of the best PJ shows I've ever seen, no matter live or dvd...nice 4 day trip from prague to berlin topped by this amazing concert was goddam worth of that..will never forget the atmosphere as all the people were singing all the songs as one human being!!!! looking forward to next tour ;) keep on rockin...
  • Options
    vedderman wrote:
    petronio78 wrote:
    one of the greatest show ever...and then on sunday I met Mike :shock: and Matt :shock: ...and now my life has changed forever.

wow you lucky bastard :o hello from me - we sat together in 3rd row at the show ;)

hey man!!!! where did you meet them... lucky bastard, thats precise!!! :)
  • Options
    listing to rockin in the free world now and they fucking shredded that song... Got me all jumping around in my cube.. good shit
    Tour with fucking NOFX
  • Options
    It was in 2003, I think. Madison Square Garden, second night. Right before "Hide your love away" Eddie talked about "the most important by-product of their music": People who meet at the show and become friends, lovers, parents...

I wanna tell you a little story, and please don`t get me wrong, this is not to push my account at youtube or what so ever - it`s just a funny thing that happened today:

At www.youtube.de/PJgermany I have uploaded the sound of "Daughter" from Berlin. I had no moving pictures for that song but just the soundfile. We were really good singers there, and this "Daughter" topped my personal Number one Daughter - Gorge 2006 - so I felt the need to put it into Youtube. Instead of a video I choosed a picture I had taken before Gomez have entered the stage. On this picture you see a guy with a Sardinia flag who was just in front of me. This guy and his friends had freaked out in a funny, peaceful way right in front of me, so I just took a picture. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCPUJIggiWA

Now, today this guy with the flag found himself on this picture. So he wrote me there at YT and I think we were both laughing about that "reunion" at the same time.

"For every tool they lend us a loss of independence" (Grievance) I dare to disagree. It`s just funny how the internet let keep people together after they have joined a show togethter.

On behalf of this friend on the picture there I wish Pearl Jam played Sardinia one time.

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

PJg
  • Options
    vedderman wrote:
    petronio78 wrote:

are you ne one next to me??? nice to hear from you and thanks for the "bastard", i wish i will a bastard like this everytime i'll see them play.
  • Options
    Wow. Berlin was my second show PJ show(Katowice 2007 being the first) and it was a mindblowing one. These two and half hours were simply magical. It was an almost spiritual experience to me. I find it impossible to describe this gig with words. I was speechless when the guys left the stage after YLB and still am. Ever since my return(I'm from Poland) my friends have been asking me about the gig and I just don't know what to say.

The venue, the crowd(I was in the front - pure energy), the weather, the set, the band(they seemed to enjoy the show immensly) - it all just clicked.

EDIT: Anyone knows what the cameras were for(as there were no screens)? I saw one on the stage and my buddy who was sitting mentioned that there was another one somewhere higher.
    Chorzów 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010
    AMSTERDAM 2012, BERLIN 2012 !!!
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    Home from the whirlwind of three shows in four nights . THANK YOU PEARL JAM !!!!! THANK YOU TO SO MANY AMAZING FANS I MET !!!! English is my first language , but I'm struggling to find the right words to adequately describe how awesome the last few days were. Berlin was the perfect spot to start my trip. The setting was amazing , even if my cab driver thought Wulheide meant the same as Olympic Stadium. I have nothing against track and field . Usain Bolt ...YOU ARE ( almost ) THE MAN !!! Almost , because ED IS THE MAN . Arriving at Wulheide fifteen minutes before PJ wasn't my idea of a good time, but Why Go quickly put any grumbling to rest . Hearing The Fixer and Got Some live for the first time was a highlight. Hearing I Am Mine , NAIS, Unitled , MFC , and Gods' Dice back to back to back to back to back was also a highlight. It brought back great memories of Pearl Jam shows circa 2000. I could go on and on...Mike's eye popping Even Flow solo , Sonic Reducer , one of the most shredding versions of Rockin' I've heard in a dogs age, again NAIS (I'm in the I love it live camp) , Brother ( first time i heard it live ) , and always the fans. Hats off to the fans for an amazing atmosphere . Put me down for a return to Berlin when PJ play there again.

Finally , MANY THANKS to Laura (Degi ), Doris , and Kristian for the great camaraderie of a late night/early morning after show spent hanging out in , I think , Sontagstrasse. Apologies to the boards resident Berliners for probably butchering the street name.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    joergjoerg Austria Posts: 123
    Khadgar wrote:
    Anyone knows what the cameras were for(as there were no screens)? I saw one on the stage and my buddy who was sitting mentioned that there was another one somewhere higher.

i think i read in a german forum that they filmed it for german television and will use snippets off it for a tv-report. what i've read, they use it for the tv stations 3sat and arte.
    ... wind in my hair i feel part of everywhere ...
  • Options
    I drove all nigt from Ljubljana (hope to see you guys in Ljubljana next year, it's going to be 10 years since your first and last visit) to Berlin, stayed in Berlin for 25 hours then drove back home. But it was magical. It felt like I was 17 again and that i could do anything. Everything just came together perfectly - the place, the crowd, the band, the weather, the energy ... Thank you PJ for being a part of my life for almost 20 years now. You have been with me in my darkest and in my brightest moments. After the winter there's a spring time ahead was a line that i was repeating over and over againg last year - and it is absolutely true. Thank you for giving me so much support unknowingly.

See you next year.

Katja
  • Options
    deserteddotsedeserteddotse Posts: 1,276
    Anybody know which song(s) they scrapped in favour of Faithfull? Is there a setlistscan somewhere?
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    Anybody know which song(s) they scrapped in favour of Faithfull? Is there a setlistscan somewhere?

Yeh i saw the setlist, satan's bed was dropped for it.

Such a brilliant show, one of the best i've seen. I want a dvd so you can see eddie pointing at me and giving me the lighter :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vmxwfwX7yg - 4 mins 10, cant really see it grr
  • Options
    This must have been the 7th or 8th time I saw these guys and I must say (as I''ve said earlier) they are still as vital as in 1991... I can't belive the power and magic this band possesses... I downloaded an audience recording of this show (Yes I will buy the offical bootleg too) and it was just as mindblowing as I remembered! They were on FIRE!

I just hope they won't continue to ignore Sweden next time! I LOVED Berlin though, so thanks to all that attended the Wuhlheide arena!

I just remember running around the seated people with my very sweaty PJ t-shirt screaming "This is what front row feels like!" "Touch it!" :D

Can't wait for Backspacer now!!!
    Houston Tx@The Vatican 1991, Stockholm@Moderna Museet 1992, Stockholm@Sjöhistoriska 1995, Warzawa@Torwar 1996, Stockholm@Sjöhistoriska 2000, Oslo@Spectrum 2000, Berlin@Wuhlheide 2009, Stockholm@Globen 2012, Oslo@Spectrum 2012, Copenhagen@Forum 2012, Amsterdam x2 2014, Berlin 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014 (Strangest Tribe!), London 2018, Berlin 2018, Seattle 1+2 2018.... 
  • Options
    breakmarysfallbreakmarysfall Posts: 367
    edited August 2009
    joerg wrote:
    Khadgar wrote:
    Anyone knows what the cameras were for(as there were no screens)? I saw one on the stage and my buddy who was sitting mentioned that there was another one somewhere higher.

i think i read in a german forum that they filmed it for german television and will use snippets off it for a tv-report. what i've read, they use it for the tv stations 3sat and arte.

Arte and 3Sat are really great tv channels here in Germany, for those who don't know:
    serious, public and arty- like!
    ...so this is really good news.

well, I just work too much during these hot summer nights, so I really hope I do not miss it when it goes on air.
    Does anyone know when they plan to broadcast something?
    mhmm, someone here would highly appreciate this info as I am not so well informed about television and I indeed work too much and, hence, lack the time for the http://www.... :?
    -does this make sense?- hope so and thank you already for sharing!

I just know that Arte is doing some Musical retrospective of the 80ies this month, so maybe next month they broadcast the 90ies? that would fit as Pearl Jam has its roots in the 90ies for sure!
    and 3Sat is famous for its music- concert nights, all night long!

so, to sum up: Thanks for the information! Let's hope they really broadcast some shortcuts of the gig,
    -germany could need it.
    and if not: isn't the chance grown by this news that PJ- TENCLUB will bring out Europe bootlegs? Publication on telly refers to publication in general, no? ahhh, love the original boots as nothing can top this quality of sound!
    Post edited by breakmarysfall on
    there is no way to peace, peace is the way!
    ...the world is come undone, I like to change it everyday but change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks.
  • Options
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    just would do anything to see a full yellow ledbetter of watchable quality, especially eddie towards the end
  • Options
    Does anyone remember when exactly was that super massive crowd singing ("ooooooooo ooooooo ooooooo") that made Eddie happy smiling and joining us with the "singing"? Was it before the first encore, right? When they came from backstage to play Bee-Girl?

Any video of it?
  • Options
    PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,249
    Brisk. wrote:
    just would do anything to see a full yellow ledbetter of watchable quality, especially eddie towards the end

Get ready to do ANYTHING! :twisted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vmxwfwX7yg&feature=channel

I've downloaded all 7 of her videos.. they are in great quality!

Oh and btw I'm still buzzing from that amazing night!

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • Options
    breakmarysfallbreakmarysfall Posts: 367
    edited August 2009
    Brisk. wrote:

Get ready to do ANYTHING! :twisted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vmxwfwX7yg&feature=channel

I've downloaded all 7 of her videos.. they are in great quality!

Oh and btw I'm still buzzing from that amazing night!

thank you for posting!
    that was perfect for my work free evening

and helpful! I am glad this forum is still working so well amongst the fans....
    thanks for the evening pleasure ... and the good news is for now that I assume that I will get informed about arte - 3sat program too, here, could it be around the Berlin fans?
    :P

and p.s. I always think at concerts: how can they film all the time... or make pictures or hang on the phone... they miss the best over all those pictures: the music!
    well, but now I am really glad some do...
    for those who just rock in the arena at concerts and who are from the country side not only in technical things, they just present such a after show pleasure!
    so thanks to all these film makers around...
    to experience the concert again and feel it again over all these visions and new impressions..

p.s.2 wishing you evening pleasures as well.
    Post edited by breakmarysfall on
    there is no way to peace, peace is the way!
    ...the world is come undone, I like to change it everyday but change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks.
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    The venue in Berlin is just perfect! Couldn't have asked for a better day either. Got a great spot a few steps up on Stones side. T'was just perfect :D
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    RideRickRideRick Hoorn Posts: 703
    | Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
  • Options
    RideRick wrote:

Holy crap!!!! Jeff is wearing my sweatband :o

I threw it up on stage fairly early in the main set, not aiming for anything other than the stage, and jeff had to duck.. I actually felt kinda bad that i almost hit him, but seeing him wearing it here makes me feel sooo good!

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,287
    alesek wrote:
    Does anyone remember when exactly was that super massive crowd singing ("ooooooooo ooooooo ooooooo") that made Eddie happy smiling and joining us with the "singing"? Was it before the first encore, right? When they came from backstage to play Bee-Girl?

It was in the 2nd encore and right before Angie, its not only a oooooooooo, when ED conducted us it become "ARC". Yeaaa ARC.
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    This was the best one of all 4 shows! Blown away by the band, crowd, setlist...everything :)
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,459
    amazing show,,so energy so great to be in this one..the venue the place......super..and the fanniest thing was the lost thing after with namsook,a brithish couple and a danish woman....hahahhahahaa,,around berlin with tram-subway-train to find the hotel..u freaks!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    BairbreBairbre Posts: 31
    It was in the 2nd encore and right before Angie, its not only a oooooooooo, when ED conducted us it become "ARC". Yeaaa ARC.

That part when Ed conducted the whole crowd was so amazing - because you knew that he had been backstage listening to us all and then came out and joined in and led the crowd. Awesome stuff, the atmosphere was so amazing, and it was so obvious the band were loving the evening and the venue. When Ed conducted us, he reminded of me Bugs Bunny, the famous conductor scene :)

To the USA: Enjoy the gigs, you lucky people!!
    No time to be void...or save up on life; you gotta spend it all...
  • Options
    Here are my pictures from the show..

One of the official photos are in here as well, since I really needed the one of Jeff wearing the sweatband I threw him.. (I still can't believe he put it on and wore it from around God's Dice or Even Flow and the rest of the show.. fucking awesome! )

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/album.php?aid=2029836&id=1069939039

Enjoy and feel free to comment!

• Options
    its_okits_ok Posts: 200
    Wow what a show!! One of the best I've seen with them, which means one of the best I've ever seen with any band. The setlist was amazing!! Highlights for me were def Brother, Untitled and Sonic Reducer! Just check how many times they've played Brother live and you'll understand how lucky we were :D

The venue was beautiful too! Great place for a concert! First time since Roskilde Ive seen them outdoors, its really much nicer, creates a better atmosphere. And compared to the two NY shows i saw last years that also had incredible set lists this was still way better! I think PJ shows really need general admission to reach their full potential! Never understood why you cant stand and watch a show in the states? :?

Still wonder though why they don't play No Code songs? In this one we "only" got Hail Hail. Why not In My Tree, Smile, Present Tense, Lukin, Off He Goes, Who You Are, Around The Bend....some of their absolute best songs are on there. This was my seventh show, and I've never gotten Off He Goes :cry: In NY last year the played beautiful versions of Who You Are, fantastic song live! I want more No Code!

Hope for better organization regarding the 10C tickets next time though...this was my fourth 10C ticket show, and by far the worst when it came to getting the tickets and queing for the early entry. There were no signs on where to get the tickets, it took 30 min of queing just to get the tickets. Seems they underestimated the amount of people with 10C tics. But with that said, Im still very grateful for all that 10C does for its members with the tickets and all!!

Dont know if someones posted this link before, but ill do it anyway. Its the complete show in flac, rather good quality, audience a little loud though (still hope for a bootleg though):

http://btjunkie.org/torrent/Pearl-Jam-2 ... 1c34421e02

And guys, for gods sake, COME TO SWEDEN...this travelling is not good for my personal economy!
    PJ
    2000 Roskilde, 2006 Barcelona, 2007 London, Copenhagen, 2008 New York 1, New York 2, 2009 Berlin, 2010 Dublin, Belfast, 2012 Amsterdam 1, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, 2013 Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014 Milan, Trieste, Berlin, Stockholm, Milton Keynes

EV
    2012 Manchester, London 1, London 2