The 2009 J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

Comments

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    norm wrote:

if players are healthy, they should play regardless of whether the team has made the playoffs...
    well than teams are gonna come up with fake injuries. its silly to be even talking bout this and a waste of time really.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,632
    norm wrote:
    Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription

pimpin' magazine subs, jeags? are you raising money to go to school? ;) :P

if players are healthy, they should play regardless of whether the team has made the playoffs...

haha...

i agree. its the whole "integrity of the game" thing that irks me. i like how he mentioned the unwritten rule in baseball. i would think its almost impossible to start that after so many years in the nfl though.

but as a season ticket holder, i really felt for the colts fans in that jets game the other week. eagles did the same thing for their last two games of the '04 season. i had to pay to watch koy detmer lose to the bengals in a meaningless game to end the season. something just is not right about that. it didn't used to be this way either...
    www.myspace.com
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    metsfan wrote:
    that coach was probably mike tomlin. he's been the biggest crybaby bout all this the whole season.

It could have been Gary Kubiak, the Texans front office was grousing about the Jets getting two gimmies at the end of the season.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Uh oh, Harris may be out for Saturday's game..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
    Time to put up, or shut up..

I'm really nervous about the Sanchez scenario..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    If sanchez throws more then like 15 times we lose ;)

As far as i'm concerned we are playing with house money now. I did not expect this. I surely hope we win, but won't be surprised or overly disapointed if we lose.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • The Jets were pretty much gift-wrapped a playoff spot, but I think they have a decent chance beating the Bengals. The Benglas havent played a good game since about week 9. I'm not sure what happened to Carson Palmer, but he can't get anything going down the field anymore.

If the Jets get up early and can run the ball while controlling the clock, theyll be sitting pretty. If theyre down early and Sanchez has to throw a lot, game over.
    The Champ wrote:

+1

You don't give a rookie qb a win now team and expect him to do well. Its just not possible to win.

Sanchez has caused 30 turnovers on his own

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS- 21
    Bungles-10

The Champ wrote:

good luck to all the real jets fans out there. think you have a solid shot today...
    www.myspace.com
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    The Jets were pretty much gift-wrapped a playoff spot, but I think they have a decent chance beating the Bengals. The Benglas havent played a good game since about week 9. I'm not sure what happened to Carson Palmer, but he can't get anything going down the field anymore.

If the Jets get up early and can run the ball while controlling the clock, theyll be sitting pretty. If theyre down early and Sanchez has to throw a lot, game over.

That's NOT going to happen as the Bengals go up by 7. BTW the Hawks are on fire as they dismantled the BRUINS on the road the other night.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Say is one of those announcers Joe Gibbs or Joe Theisman?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    g under p wrote:

Peace

both!
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    norm wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

both!

Holy fuck I did not miss Theisman. This might be the worst crew to announce an NFL game, Gibbs has not been awful but the play by play guy has no excitement, especially on that last touchdown and Theisman is....well...Theisman.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    the play by play guy has no excitement, especially on that last touchdown

seriously!! it was like he wasn't even watching the game and someone in his headset told the jets scored :roll:
    norm wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    the play by play guy has no excitement, especially on that last touchdown

seriously!! it was like he wasn't even watching the game and someone in his headset told the jets scored :roll:

haha, yeah, I don't think he saw that play coming from the beginning. He was not ready at all.
    The Jets taking control of this game

Peace

This is the worst broadcasting crew I've ever heard

I could do a better job than joe and joe. Least the ND guy is good.

I got the tv muted and the game on the radio. Much better listening to the game with people who actually know the jets.

metsfan wrote:

I got the tv muted and the game on the radio. Much better listening to the game with people who actually know the jets.

I agree they seem to be so nervous especially Joe Gibbs and Joe Heisman is a veteran of the both, what's up?

peace

g under p wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

I agree they seem to be so nervous especially Joe Gibbs and Joe Heisman is a veteran of the both, what's up?

peace
    seems like heisman is nervous to show off his skills around gibbs. Maybe heisman has to much respect for gibbs and is letting gibbs do most of the talking. I think nbc was better off with the ND announcer and heisman.

• primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    Theisman has always been a terrible announcer! I almost started crying when I saw he was doing the broadcast. Just go away Joe!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
    Thiesman is the worst announcer I have ever heard do a game....ever!
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    norm wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

both!

Holy fuck I did not miss Theisman. This might be the worst crew to announce an NFL game, Gibbs has not been awful but the play by play guy has no excitement, especially on that last touchdown and Theisman is....well...Theisman.

DO NOT talk about tom hammond like that! :mrgreen:

haven't heard the game (just watched some of it at the gym) but i always kind of liked hammond. gibbs does not sound very intriguing as an announcer though.

and although i do not like joe theisman, i always liked the camaraderie between him mike patrick and that other dude whose name escapes me now when they did sunday night football. espn would have been better off leaving them to do mnf....
    www.myspace.com
    watching chad johnson cry makes me smile :D

GO JETS!!
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    FUCKIN KICKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
    Good game good defense and one local DC sportsradio announcer picked ALL 4 road teams this weekend. So far he's RIGHT!

peace

• tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    Good win Jets, next week's going to be tough though!
    Missed the first quarter, but just got back from the bar and I'm flying high..beautiful win.....now gonna go out again to celebrate..lol....congrats Jet fans!!!!!!
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    impressive win
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    Kind of surprised Carson Palmer was as bad as he was. Obviously credit needs to be given to the Jets' defense, but he seemed off the entire game.
    tcaporale wrote:
    Kind of surprised Carson Palmer was as bad as he was. Obviously credit needs to be given to the Jets' defense, but he seemed off the entire game.
    I wasn't surprised at all after last week, the jets schemed very well on both sides of the ball. I'd rather see the jets play the chargers than the colts. The jets D can easily play man against those chargers wr's.