The 2009 J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
edited January 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
That's right, fuck the Mets..it's now time to look ahead to the next disappointment. Yes, the defense on paper seems significantly improved and there is cause for optimism, but unfortunately we all know how the story goes..Jenkins will eat himself into a coma, Ellis will be smoking up on the sideline and the rest of the D will be suspended for juicing.....and after both QBs fail miserably, Favre will come to save the franchise...
'I want to hurry home to you
put on a slow, dumb show for you
and crack you up
so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
god I'm very, very frightening
and I'll overdo it'
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    The Champ wrote:
    That's right, fuck the Mets..it's now time to look ahead to the next disappointment. Yes, the defense on paper seems significantly improved and there is cause for optimism, but unfortunately we all know how the story goes..Jenkins will eat himself into a coma, Ellis will be smoking up on the sideline and the rest of the D will be suspended for juicing.....and after both QBs fail miserably, Favre will come to save the franchise...

Champ that sounds just about right :D but who knows how this season is going to go just as long as the Steelers who are very good don't repeat. If the Patriots can't get it done I'd like to see the RAVENS take it all.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    g under p wrote:
    The Champ wrote:

Champ that sounds just about right :D but who knows how this season is going to go just as long as the Steelers who are very good don't repeat. If the Patriots can't get it done I'd like to see the RAVENS take it all.

Peace

I hear you, but the last team I'd like to see take it all is obviously the Patriots..I'd rather my balls tightly swell nicely plump between a rusty vise.....if anything, I wouldn't hang myself if my boy Pennington wins....
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Oh shit yea a jets thread.
    I'm worried about game one with Calvin Pace and Shaun Ellis both suspended. I'm worried that our rookie QB if he starts or Kellen Clemons really don't have a WR worth a damn to throw to if they are in a bind. No offense Cotchery, but he is a great number 2 guy and the others around him are more role players then guys i want to be depending on.

The line should be good and the three headed cerbrus known as leon, shon, & thomas should be great! If we could have got a good WR option i'd feel a bit more optimistic about the team.

Anyway there is a lot of good going on, but this year 8-8 might be a good season with the schedule and the QB learning curve.

We shal see though. Lets just beat the shit out of the dolphins for two of our wins!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    So is it a foregone conclusion that Sanchez will be the starter?
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    It seems that way, but lets see how he does against the ravens D next week. He'll be playing against the starters.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:
    It seems that way, but lets see how he does against the ravens D next week. He'll be playing against the starters.

Yeah, the kid is going to start the next game. Poor Clemens can't catch a break..

And btw, when you were a baby, didn't you get the memo clearly stating that you are either a Mets/Jets or a Yankees/Giants fan? ;) ..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    The Champ wrote:
    intodeep wrote:

Yeah, the kid is going to start the next game. Poor Clemens can't catch a break..

And btw, when you were a baby, didn't you get the memo clearly stating that you are either a Mets/Jets or a Yankees/Giants fan? ;) ..

I know i always have to buck the system :D
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    The Champ wrote:
    So is it a foregone conclusion that Sanchez will be the starter?

i was more impressed with ainge
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
    how will we embarrass ourselves this year?
    Jam out with your clam out.
    Sanchez officially named starter..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    I didn't see the game on Saturday, but based on highlights and stats, Sanchez seemed to have played quite well..I don't want to get too excited, but this kid appears legit, especially after only starting 16 games on the college level..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    Fuck Peter Schrager..

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/1000 ... ?GT1=39002

The New York Jets will start the season 0-5.

What's that? Someone in the media speaking somewhat negatively about Rex Ryan's boys? No flipping way, that's impossible!

Listen, I understand that coach Ryan's personality and media accessibility is a welcome change from the silent treatment Eric Mangini gave New York-area scribes for the past three years, but that doesn't mean everyone needs to trick themselves into thinking this team can survive a brutal September schedule with a rookie quarterback manning the ship.

They won't.

A Week 1 nationally-televised trip to Houston will be anything but a walk in the park, back-to-back home games versus the Patriots and Titans are almost automatic losses and road games in New Orleans and Miami in Weeks 4 and 5 will more than likely feature the Jets as underdogs as well.

Jets fans, I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer, here. Really, I'm not. I'm just being a realist.

Your local media's let you down, awed and dazzled by a head coach that looks them in the eye during press conferences and gives them the occasional juicy quote. That might make for good copy. But it doesn't guarantee a good start to what will be nothing short of a gauntlet to start the season.

0-5? For a team that everyone's seemingly really high on in 2009?

Yes, I think so.
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    I told my buddy the other day that it is possible we could start 0-4.

Houston is everyone's sexy pick to be that surprise team that jumps up like arizona did last year. I honestly think we would stand a much better chance if Pace & Ellis were not out for the game.

New England & Tennesse are tough but we have a shot against both.

The saints on the road... we'll see.

So yeah worse case scenario we are 0-4 going into Miami.

If that happens that is where Ryan buckles down and goes in and comes out with a win i think. Sanchez will have had 4 games by then. Two against good defenses (NE & Tenn) that hopefully he can learn from.

It could be a bumpy start but thats okay as long as they right the ship after that.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:
    I told my buddy the other day that it is possible we could start 0-4.

Houston is everyone's sexy pick to be that surprise team that jumps up like arizona did last year. I honestly think we would stand a much better chance if Pace & Ellis were not out for the game.

New England & Tennesse are tough but we have a shot against both.

The saints on the road... we'll see.

So yeah worse case scenario we are 0-4 going into Miami.

If that happens that is where Ryan buckles down and goes in and comes out with a win i think. Sanchez will have had 4 games by then. Two against good defenses (NE & Tenn) that hopefully he can learn from.

It could be a bumpy start but thats okay as long as they right the ship after that.

Yeah, not looking too good..but I still feel a bit optimistic..

And how about that little selfish prick Favre throwing the Jets under the bus for the way they handled his injury last year..little pampered bitch..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    I hate Favre I did not want him last year.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Couldn't ask fo anything more today it's just one game but it was fun to see them play that well :) ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Well, looks like Sanchez is the real deal and the defense lived up to Ryan's hype...so awesome to see them run after the QB after every single snap...I love the new attitude..not expecting the Super Bowl this year, but the future looks extremely promising..fuck that writer, I guess they're not going 0-5..lol..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    Jenkins will eat Brady come Sunday.....but somehow the fucking Patriots will still find a way to win..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    The Champ wrote:
    Jenkins will eat Brady come Sunday.....but somehow the fucking Patriots will still find a way to win..

The patriots haven't found their rhythm yet and once they do watch out. Sanchez was impressive but I think his sophomore start will be a rough one. Go Patriots

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote:
    The Champ wrote:

The patriots haven't found their rhythm yet and once they do watch out. Sanchez was impressive but I think his sophomore start will be a rough one. Go Patriots

Peace

I agree, and many think that the Patriots were holding back in the Buffalo game....obviously, I don't expect too much, but a win would be nice ;) ..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    Brady and them are due to lose in our house. It is time!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    jets are gonna come out blitzing like hell. the meadowlands is gonna be a circus come sunday. i don't think you will ever see a jet crowd as loud as you will come sunday

jets 21
    cheaters 14

Man, I'm trying hard not to get too excited and thus get let down once again....let's keep in mind that we have a quarterback starting his second game and a coach in the same situation going against Belichick, Brady and Moss...
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    :)

D looks really good

metsfan wrote:

D looks really good

I didn't see the game today but the Jets played well enough I guess to win and that they did.

Peace

jets D played amazing. brady didn't have time at all in the pocket. also the fans were fucking LOUD today.

i loved how brady didn't even shake sanchez hand after the game. just walked straight to the locker room with bout 30 seconds left.

classless prick

edited September 2009
    g under p wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

D looks really good

I didn't see the game today but the Jets played well enough I guess to win and that they did.

Peace

Yeah, I guess you could say that they played well enough to win..lol...this defense has not given up a touchdown this season..they completely shut down Houston, who judging by yesterday's performance over the Titans, have an extremely good team and a high power offense..and now, the all mighty Patriots get smacked around..wow....and also considering that Sanchez had all of 15 yards in the first half....holy shit, the team is fucking fierce..we finally have a legitimate reason to get excited!!
    Post edited by The Champ on
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    metsfan wrote:
    jets D played amazing. brady didn't have time at all in the pocket. also the fans were fucking LOUD today.

i loved how brady didn't even shake sanchez hand after the game. just walked straight to the locker room with bout 30 seconds left.

classless prick

Revis and Scott are unbelievable! Man, I've been waiting over twenty years for a defense like this..no pussy shit prevent either!! Balls out, all the way through!!

Yeah, Belichick didn't even make eye contact with Ryan....Sanchez sought out Belichick and the fucking prick completely ignored him....really couldn't be any more of an asshole..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • If you Jets fans want to see quality football, tune in tonight and check out The Fish
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    The Champ wrote:
    g under p wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

D looks really good

Peace

Yeah, I guess you could say that they played well enough to win..lol...this defense has not given up a touchdown this season..they completely shut down Houston, who judging by yesterday's performance over the Titans, have an extremely good team and a high power offense..and now, the all mighty Patriots get smacked around..wow....and also considering that Sanchez had all of 15 yards in the first half....holy shit, the team is fucking fierce..we finally have a legitimate reason to get excited!!

I worded it that way because I didn't see any of the game or highlights so forgive me if it turns out the Jets dominated the entire game. Good win.

Peace