The 2009 J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

Comments

• not a surprise they lost, the names change but the story remains the same this time of year for the Jets.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Holy shit, what an exciting Sunday it turned out to be yesterday....win and in scenario for next week!! Actually sitting in the 5th seed right now....crazy..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Talk about a late christmas present Jim Caldwell should be ashamed of him self.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • intodeep wrote:
    Fucking Bullshit.

I did not know we gave out christmas presents as NFL teams? THe jets basically said here Atlanta we really don't want to win why don't you guys have it.

pathetic

I bet your changing your tune now after that Colts/Jets farce.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    intodeep wrote:
    Fucking Bullshit.

I did not know we gave out christmas presents as NFL teams? THe jets basically said here Atlanta we really don't want to win why don't you guys have it.

pathetic

Farce? I think it's about time the Jets get a break after all the boneheaded losses endured this season....we gave another one away last week that was dominated but for 3 fucking chip-shot field goal misses...another against your Miami team that was dominated but for special teams...we can make excuses all day long..it is what it is, and Manning was only up by 5 when pulled....your Miami team however is done :D ..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    intodeep wrote:
    Fucking Bullshit.

pathetic

Backdooring your way into the playoffs with a qb who has not shown to be able to play well is not much to be happy about. Hopefully if they were to be the bengals they can learn from a little playoff experience, but realistically if they make it they are one and done.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • intodeep wrote:
    intodeep wrote:
    Fucking Bullshit.

pathetic

Backdooring your way into the playoffs with a qb who has not shown to be able to play well is not much to be happy about. Hopefully if they were to be the bengals they can learn from a little playoff experience, but realistically if they make it they are one and done.

I gotta respect your blunt honesty and realistic way of thinking. I'm a Dolphins fan so of course I hate the Jets. But I can't take away from them for getting the job done yesterday despite the circumstances. If the Colts want to be retarded and lose games on purpose, then let them do what they want. It's just frustrating to see that the Jets could finish 9-7 by beating two teams (Colts and possibly Cinci) who are phoning it in while Pittsburgh could finish 9-7 by winning hard fought games against Baltimore and Miami and not get in.

The Colts wanted to get loss out of the way now so when they inevitably get beat in their first playoff game like they always do, they don't look like total choke artists who went 16-0 and lost their first playoff game. Now, they could be choke artists who went 14-2 and lost their first playoff game.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • The Champ wrote:
    intodeep wrote:
    Fucking Bullshit.

pathetic

Farce? I think it's about time the Jets get a break after all the boneheaded losses endured this season....we gave another one away last week that was dominated but for 3 fucking chip-shot field goal misses...another against your Miami team that was dominated but for special teams...we can make excuses all day long..it is what it is, and Manning was only up by 5 when pulled....your Miami team however is done :D ..

First off, Miami as well as all the other 7-8 or 8-7 teams all have lost close games in the manor the Jets have.

I'm more upset with the Colts acting like pussies than I am about the Jets getting a cheap win. Like I said in my last post, I can't take away from the Jets for doing what they needed to do. But for the Colts to just decide at certain point of the game that they want to lose is annoying. There's no doubt in my mind that if Manning stays in the game (or re-enters the game after the Jets went up 18-15), that the Colts would have won. I understand the logic of resting starters if they are fighting injuries. But Manning has NEVER MISSED A GAME DUE TO INJURY and every time the Colts do this resting starters shit, they get bounced in their first playoff game.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:

First off, Miami as well as all the other 7-8 or 8-7 teams all have lost close games in the manor the Jets have.

I'm more upset with the Colts acting like pussies than I am about the Jets getting a cheap win. Like I said in my last post, I can't take away from the Jets for doing what they needed to do. But for the Colts to just decide at certain point of the game that they want to lose is annoying. There's no doubt in my mind that if Manning stays in the game (or re-enters the game after the Jets went up 18-15), that the Colts would have won. I understand the logic of resting starters if they are fighting injuries. But Manning has NEVER MISSED A GAME DUE TO INJURY and every time the Colts do this resting starters shit, they get bounced in their first playoff game.

I would have preferred to beat Manning and company all 4 quarters, but I'll take it ;) ....and who knows, the Jets could have won anyway...it's not like Manning never throws interceptions...would have been a tight game..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    not a surprise they lost, the names change but the story remains the same this time of year for the Jets.

Probably going to get spanked by Cinci..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'

Yeah, Miami could easily lose to the Titans and Houston. And yet you think that the Jets are gonna win out with Atl, Ind, and Cin left on the schedule? And don't gimme the "they'll be playing their backups" argument because Rex Ryan has nothing on Jim Sorgi.

Wait, what was that ;) ?
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • The Champ wrote:

Yeah, Miami could easily lose to the Titans and Houston. And yet you think that the Jets are gonna win out with Atl, Ind, and Cin left on the schedule? And don't gimme the "they'll be playing their backups" argument because Rex Ryan has nothing on Jim Sorgi.

Wait, what was that ;) ?

Oh god...well at least Miami didn't easily lose to the Titans and Houston...played well in the 2nd half of each game I guess. Overall, I'm not disappointed with Miami's season. They overachieved a little last year. With the tough schedule this year and Tom Brady's return, I had them pegged somewhere between 7-9 and 9-7 going into the season. The injury to Pennington was probably for the best as Henne has gotten some good experience...but the injury to Ronnie Brown was a kick in the balls. Either way, the gap between New England and the rest of the division continues to narrow and I'll always take a season sweep of the Jets. After the 2004 and 2007 seasons, a 7-9 or 8-8 campaign doesn't seem that bad anymore.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    The Champ wrote:

Wait, what was that ;) ?

Oh god...well at least Miami didn't easily lose to the Titans and Houston...played well in the 2nd half of each game I guess. Overall, I'm not disappointed with Miami's season. They overachieved a little last year. With the tough schedule this year and Tom Brady's return, I had them pegged somewhere between 7-9 and 9-7 going into the season. The injury to Pennington was probably for the best as Henne has gotten some good experience...but the injury to Ronnie Brown was a kick in the balls. Either way, the gap between New England and the rest of the division continues to narrow and I'll always take a season sweep of the Jets. After the 2004 and 2007 seasons, a 7-9 or 8-8 campaign doesn't seem that bad anymore.

When I said 'easily' I didn't mean that the games would not be competitive, just thought that Miami had a good shot of losing all three of their remaining games..anyway, I was referring to your Indy backups will beat Rex comment ;) ....the fish suck the big one..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Well well well ... looks who's going to make the tournament.

Here's hoping the Pats and Jets see each other in the AFC Championship game!

cheers.jpg
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    they're this years cardinals!! :thumbup: :think: :wave:
    norm wrote:

actually, losing 3 out of 4 and taking a huge road beating heading into the playoffs, the Bengals look more like how the Cardinals walked into the playoffs last year.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    jimed14 wrote:

cheers.jpg
    +1
    norm wrote:
    let's not go that far. This is the jets we are talking bout here. You don't do to good in new yawk if your team name ends in E-T-S.

Dirty samchez looks good. I hope he don't choke next week like most of this season.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

jimed14 wrote:
    Well well well ... looks who's going to make the tournament.

cheers.jpg

The Pats didn't look too good defending the run today, or were they resting players?
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    The Champ wrote:

The Pats didn't look too good defending the run today, or were they resting players?

A few on the defensive line were inactive, notably, Vince Wilfork.

metsfan wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

cheers.jpg
    +1
    norm wrote:
    let's not go that far. This is the jets we are talking bout here. You don't do to good in new yawk if your team name ends in E-T-S.

Dirty samchez looks good. I hope he don't choke next week like most of this season.

Exactly, but I'm still going to enjoy tonight....Chad said he'd change his name back if Revis blankets him...haha, hope he mans up and keeps to his word....Palmer had 0 yards..lol...the Jets defense and offensive line was lights out from the first snap.....completely embarrassed the Bengals on national t.v....feels good to make the playoffs again..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,285
    Yes it does feel good to have something to cheer about with this team 8-) ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    oh man, did you hear Collinsworth compare this Jets team to the Steelers first superbowl run with Roethlisberger? Great rushing attack, great defense ... he was saying they can make a run and actually used the words "Jets" and "Championship" in the same sentance!

I really hope Jets fans are jaded enough not to bite into this heavily.

P-L-A-Y-O-F-F-S
    PLAYOFFS
    PLAYOFFS
    PLAYOFFS

I love this team chances a lot in da playoffs and our D was lights out again. The only thing that worries me is sanchez. He's been the downfall of this team all season and if he plays poorly again its gonna get ugly next week. He needs to mature and that time is now.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,632
    metsfan wrote:
    P-L-A-Y-O-F-F-S
    PLAYOFFS
    PLAYOFFS
    PLAYOFFS

I love this team chances a lot in da playoffs and our D was lights out again. The only thing that worries me is sanchez. He's been the downfall of this team all season and if he plays poorly again its gonna get ugly next week. He needs to mature and that time is now.

must be nice having 2 teams to root for. :mrgreen:

i like these jets. they have a shot next week. but let's not get carried away. they're not beating the colts or chargers this year
    www.myspace.com
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    congrats to all Jets fans for making the playoffs ! ( coming from a Bengals fan )

I'm not going to say the Bengals will win next week without a doubt, but would like to remind you all not to think this is the same Bengals team you will be playing in the wildcard game.

Bengals D had 5 startes sitting on the bench the whole game, and Cedric Benson sat out.

not saying you didn't play one hell of a game, but the Bengals showed up sunday with half of their offensive playbook. Bengals went into this game not caring if they won or lost really.

Like I said, I'm not trying to take anything away from the win, but don't expect the same team in the playoffs.

It should be a really , REALLY good game for fans of both teams. GOOD LUCK !!

WHO DEY !?!?!?!?
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
    the wolf wrote:
    congrats to all Jets fans for making the playoffs ! ( coming from a Bengals fan )

I'm not going to say the Bengals will win next week without a doubt, but would like to remind you all not to think this is the same Bengals team you will be playing in the wildcard game.

Bengals D had 5 startes sitting on the bench the whole game, and Cedric Benson sat out.

not saying you didn't play one hell of a game, but the Bengals showed up sunday with half of their offensive playbook. Bengals went into this game not caring if they won or lost really.

Like I said, I'm not trying to take anything away from the win, but don't expect the same team in the playoffs.

WHO DEY !?!?!?!?

It will be a completely different game come Saturday, I agree....but with that said, the Jets were not going to be denied the win yesterday no matter who the Bengals played.....anyway, should be a good contest and will probably come down to turnovers and special teams....it's all gravy in my book at this point..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    The Champ wrote:
    the wolf wrote:

WHO DEY !?!?!?!?

It will be a completely different game come Saturday, I agree....but with that said, the Jets were not going to be denied the win yesterday no matter who the Bengals played.....anyway, should be a good contest and will probably come down to turnovers and special teams....it's all gravy in my book at this point..

i agree.

how sad is it that we are just happy that our teams made the post season ?? that is a huge deal to us Jets and Bengals fans :lol::lol:
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,632
    peter king makes some good points:

One idea to start the discussion on meaninglessness late in NFL seasons.

I'm convinced something should be done -- not has to be done.

Coaches don't want to hear about this ... except one from the AFC who I spoke with late Sunday night and who shall remain anonymous. He was concerned that even though the Jets could well have been one of the best six teams in the AFC at season's end, they got an unfair advantage by playing two teams in the last two weeks that already had playoff spots secured and weren't playing the way they'd play a regular game. "It's a matter of fairness,'' the coach said. "I don't know what can be done, but I'd like to see every team that plays a game with playoff implications have to play their best players.''

And isn't that the crux of the issue? Imagine this year if the Colts played their final two games at home instead of one at home and one on the road. Fans would be buying a 10-game season-ticket (eight regular-season games, two exhibitions), and four of them, under my scenario, would be games the Colts were playing to keep guys healthy, not to win. Fans already detest paying for the preseason. Paying for more games like the preseason is absurd.

I think it's a good idea to have each team intending to sit starting players for some or all of the game have to make that announcement on Friday, as a show of good will to the fans who pay good money to watch the games. I also think the NFL should take a page from baseball tradition: When either team in a late-September game is involved in a pennant race, the unwritten baseball rule is the team not in the race plays its usual starting nine. So tanking teams don't influence the outcome of games.

I realize the Welker injury is going to affect this debate. It should. It's a valid concern, losing valuable players to injury in games you don't have to win. I'm afraid there's no perfect solution to this one, but I do think Roger Goodell is going to direct the Competition Committee, like it or not, to do something about this before the start of the 2010 season.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/w ... z0bhCoVPQy
    Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription
    www.myspace.com
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146

pimpin' magazine subs, jeags? are you raising money to go to school? ;) :P

if players are healthy, they should play regardless of whether the team has made the playoffs...
    peter king makes some good points:

One idea to start the discussion on meaninglessness late in NFL seasons.

I'm convinced something should be done -- not has to be done.

Coaches don't want to hear about this ... except one from the AFC who I spoke with late Sunday night and who shall remain anonymous. He was concerned that even though the Jets could well have been one of the best six teams in the AFC at season's end, they got an unfair advantage by playing two teams in the last two weeks that already had playoff spots secured and weren't playing the way they'd play a regular game. "It's a matter of fairness,'' the coach said. "I don't know what can be done, but I'd like to see every team that plays a game with playoff implications have to play their best players.''

And isn't that the crux of the issue? Imagine this year if the Colts played their final two games at home instead of one at home and one on the road. Fans would be buying a 10-game season-ticket (eight regular-season games, two exhibitions), and four of them, under my scenario, would be games the Colts were playing to keep guys healthy, not to win. Fans already detest paying for the preseason. Paying for more games like the preseason is absurd.

I think it's a good idea to have each team intending to sit starting players for some or all of the game have to make that announcement on Friday, as a show of good will to the fans who pay good money to watch the games. I also think the NFL should take a page from baseball tradition: When either team in a late-September game is involved in a pennant race, the unwritten baseball rule is the team not in the race plays its usual starting nine. So tanking teams don't influence the outcome of games.

I realize the Welker injury is going to affect this debate. It should. It's a valid concern, losing valuable players to injury in games you don't have to win. I'm afraid there's no perfect solution to this one, but I do think Roger Goodell is going to direct the Competition Committee, like it or not, to do something about this before the start of the 2010 season.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/w ... z0bhCoVPQy
    that coach was probably mike tomlin. he's been the biggest crybaby bout all this the whole season.