The 2009 J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

Comments

• The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Nice win....they should bench Rhodes more often..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I really want them to finish ahead of the dolphins in the division. I am hoping they can beat buffalo and tampa bay.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:
    I really want them to finish ahead of the dolphins in the division. I am hoping they can beat buffalo and tampa bay.

Yeah, if Sanchize keeps it together, they should beat Buffalo and Tampa..that would at least make for an interesting few weeks..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    Damn, Revis shut Owens the fuck up!!! Nice win, but let's hope Mark is okay...
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    If the Jets win out, they'll make the playoffs..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    The Champ wrote:

Do you think they will win @ Indy?
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:
    The Champ wrote:

Do you think they will win @ Indy?

I wouldn't be surprised if they went 0-3, but they still have a shot, remarkably..especially if Indy and the Bengals have nothing to play for..that's probably the only way....and that's assuming we get by the Falcons, which will be no walk in the park either..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • The Champ wrote:

Not if Miami also wins out. And even if the Fish lose I think the Jets would need Baltimore and Jacksonville to lose at some point as well.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    The Champ wrote:

Not if Miami also wins out. And even if the Fish lose I think the Jets would need Baltimore and Jacksonville to lose at some point as well.

I know, but what are the chances of that? Miami could easily lose to the Titans, then to Houston, then get kicked around by the defending champs for good measure....you know what though, it would be fitting for the Jets to win out and still somehow finish 7th..lol...at least it'll be an interesting weekend..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • The Champ wrote:
    The Champ wrote:

I know, but what are the chances of that? Miami could easily lose to the Titans, then to Houston, then get kicked around by the defending champs for good measure....you know what though, it would be fitting for the Jets to win out and still somehow finish 7th..lol...at least it'll be an interesting weekend..

Yeah, Miami could easily lose to the Titans and Houston. And yet you think that the Jets are gonna win out with Atl, Ind, and Cin left on the schedule? And don't gimme the "they'll be playing their backups" argument because Rex Ryan has nothing on Jim Sorgi.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    Yeah, Miami could easily lose to the Titans and Houston. And yet you think that the Jets are gonna win out with Atl, Ind, and Cin left on the schedule? And don't gimme the "they'll be playing their backups" argument because Rex Ryan has nothing on Jim Sorgi.

Haha, I never said that I thought they'd win out....but yeah, if the other teams are resting their starters, of course that increases the chances....but for all we know, Sanchez may throw 13 interceptions this Sunday alone, so by no means am I confident....the Jets have the best defense and rushing attack in the entire league, but Sanchez is a huge wildcard....and I assume you meant Sanchez has nothing on Sorgi? You're probably right as Sanchez has been absolutely horrible..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • The Champ wrote:

Haha, I never said that I thought they'd win out....but yeah, if the other teams are resting their starters, of course that increases the chances....but for all we know, Sanchez may throw 13 interceptions this Sunday alone, so by no means am I confident....the Jets have the best defense and rushing attack in the entire league, but Sanchez is a huge wildcard....and I assume you meant Sanchez has nothing on Sorgi? You're probably right as Sanchez has been absolutely horrible..

No I meant Ryan (as the "defensive guru") has nothing on Sorgi. And while I'm wired to think that Sanchez is gonna suck, I don't think you Jet fans should be that hard on him. Outside of Roethlisberger, Ryan, and Flacco, there hasn't been a QB in recent history who had a truly good rookie season. He's gained experience and got some wins this year. That's all you can ask for.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    btw, Jim Sorgi is out for the year ... Curtis Painter is Peyton's backup.

Continue.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • jimed14 wrote:

Continue.

How the hell is Sorgi out for the year? Did he burn himself grabbing Peyton some coffee during an early film session or something?

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    jimed14 wrote:

Continue.

How the hell is Sorgi out for the year? Did he burn himself grabbing Peyton some coffee during an early film session or something?

massive hemorrhoids from sitting on the bench :wave:
    The Champ wrote:

No I meant Ryan (as the "defensive guru") has nothing on Sorgi. And while I'm wired to think that Sanchez is gonna suck, I don't think you Jet fans should be that hard on him. Outside of Roethlisberger, Ryan, and Flacco, there hasn't been a QB in recent history who had a truly good rookie season. He's gained experience and got some wins this year. That's all you can ask for.

Oh sorry, didn't think you meant Ryan because obviously he, and the best defense in the league, would have something on Sorgi....that would probably be a pretty easy contest actually...Manning is the team....and yes, the Sanchez flops were to be expected, but still frustrating to have this guy be the sole reason for a good number of losses this season..anyway, fuck the fish ;) ..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    jimed14 wrote:

Continue.

haha..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    norm wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

Continue.

massive hemorrhoids from sitting on the bench :wave:

You need to take your California kid back and toughen him up..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    The Champ wrote:

don't give up on him...give him another year...if there isn't improvement then worry

but seeing as were talking about the jets, um....

:wave:
    norm wrote:
    The Champ wrote:

don't give up on him...give him another year...if there isn't improvement then worry

but seeing as were talking about the jets, um....

:wave:

Definitely will give him another year, for sure....in any case, at least I still have my Mets to look forward to, if things don't work out ;) ..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    Okay, now that the Jags have lost..we only need the fish and Baltimore to lose one game and we'll be in if, and of course that's a big ass fucking if, we win out..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    I'm going to be frank with my Jet Fans here

I have two goals left for the season one is to finish ahead of Dolphins.

The other is the beat the shit out of Atlanta.

I live here. I've had this date coming circled for a long time. We need to win or I'm going to have a year of diverting the subject to... well the yankees beat the shit out of the braves 2 out of 3 games when they were here last year.... I don't want to have to do that.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    3 picks again for fucking Sanchez..how many fucking field goal opportunities were missed? Nothing ever fucking changes..same old fucking shit, every single fukcing year....
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    intodeep wrote:
    I'm going to be frank with my Jet Fans here

I have two goals left for the season one is to finish ahead of Dolphins.

The other is the beat the shit out of Atlanta.

I live here. I've had this date coming circled for a long time. We need to win or I'm going to have a year of diverting the subject to... well the yankees beat the shit out of the braves 2 out of 3 games when they were here last year.... I don't want to have to do that.

Anyway, at least you're a Yankee fan, so you're all good..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    If I lose my fantasy football semi final, I'm going to hunt Jay Feely down and beat him senseless with a endzone pylon.

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    1. Clemens has gotta go. He sucks.
    2. Feely has gotta go. He sucks.
    3. Wtf are you doing leaving gonzo wide open.
    4. Same old jets
    5. Same old jets
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• quit cryin' Jets' fans. forget the 3-0 start, you should be happy about a 7-7 season with a rookie coach AND a rookie QB. this season is going according to the best possible expectations.
    Jam out with your clam out.
    jimed14 wrote:
    If I lose my fantasy football semi final, I'm going to hunt Jay Feely down and beat him senseless with a endzone pylon.

Please do, and also Clemens and Sanchez while you're at it..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    long red wrote:
    quit cryin' Jets' fans. forget the 3-0 start, you should be happy about a 7-7 season with a rookie coach AND a rookie QB. this season is going according to the best possible expectations.

Whatever, I'm so fucking sick of the same old bullshit....another game the Jets dominated pretty much the entire game and then got smoked at the end..what was it like five times in Falcon territory with zero points? The secondary blanketed everybody all day till the 4th and goal play where Gonzo was left wide open.....and how many fucking potential interceptions has Revis dropped?....he should have ended the fucking game right then and there..defensive player of the year my ass..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    Fucking Bullshit.

I did not know we gave out christmas presents as NFL teams? THe jets basically said here Atlanta we really don't want to win why don't you guys have it.

pathetic
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22