The 2009 J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

Comments

• The Champ wrote:
    there is no way the Dolphins will beat this Jet team on Monday night :) ..

Looks like you were off on that one.

And what's with these lame ass Jets players? Here's what Jets LB Calvin Pace said after the Dolphins offense made him and his defensive teammates look like a college team:

"Against a second-year clown quarterback, we didn’t affect him enough. I guess you have to give him credit. The defense lost the game today."

Where does he get the nerve to say something like that after a LOSS???? A clown quarterback? He looked pretty good to me.

Ronnie Brown's response:

"Coming into the game we're watching how they blitz and we were like, 'OK we'll just sit back and play football then and let's see who has the tougher 11 people on the field."

I think it pretty obvious who has the tougher 11 people.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    The Champ wrote:
    there is no way the Dolphins will beat this Jet team on Monday night :) ..

Looks like you were off on that one.

And what's with these lame ass Jets players? Here's what Jets LB Calvin Pace said after the Dolphins offense made him and his defensive teammates look like a college team:

"Against a second-year clown quarterback, we didn’t affect him enough. I guess you have to give him credit. The defense lost the game today."

Where does he get the nerve to say something like that after a LOSS???? A clown quarterback? He looked pretty good to me.

Ronnie Brown's response:

"Coming into the game we're watching how they blitz and we were like, 'OK we'll just sit back and play football then and let's see who has the tougher 11 people on the field."

I think it pretty obvious who has the tougher 11 people.

Yup, obviously I was way off..I didn't think the Dolphins had a chance...and let's not get too crazy with which team is tougher etc...see you in a few weeks..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Disapointing loss, but why would pace call Henne a "clown qb"....

Just seems bushleague.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    intodeep wrote:
    Disapointing loss, but why would pace call Henne a "clown qb"....

Just seems bushleague.

agreed. There are a lot of guys around the league that do this ... the Dolphins only need look in their own loceker room to see one of the main offenders (Joey Porter) ... the Steelers (and Porter) were whining all through the early 90s that they were a better team than the Patriots ... even though the Pats beat them in 2 AFC Championship games ... in Pittsburgh. But damn if they weren't all over the tv the next day stating how even though the Pats won, they were the better team. :roll:

Some of the Chargers do the same shit.

Take your lumps, tip your cap and learn from your mistakes ... seems ridiclous to call out a team that just beat you.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • m0jorisenm0jorisen Posts: 516
    Sunday, 11/01/09

The Rematch
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
  • That loss to the Bills today should bring Jets fans back to reality
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    That loss to the Bills today should bring Jets fans back to reality

I think real Jet fans knew that the other shoe would eventually drop, as per usual..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • The Champ wrote:

I think real Jet fans knew that the other shoe would eventually drop, as per usual..

WFAN's ratings on the mid-morning show Monday should be good...
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    Uh oh Mr. Sanchize doesn't likey the cold and windy weather....is it too early to bench the rookie? He is lost..

6 fucking interceptions and the team still had plenty of chances to win...the stupid penalties killed us..the holding call that pushed the would be chip-in field goal back was especially frustrating..what a mess..

At least Jones is back..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    The Champ wrote:

WFAN's ratings on the mid-morning show Monday should be good...

Yeah, I'll probably only have a chance to listen to Carton and Boomer early morning..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • I was referring to the lunatic whose show begins at 10 am..
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    I was referring to the lunatic whose show begins at 10 am..

Yeah I know, I wish I could listen tomorrow...let me know how it goes..lol..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    jimed14 wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:
    The Champ wrote:

With that said, you cannot compare this team to any other Jet team..thus why on rare occasions this season, my optimistic typing will get the best of me, against my better judgment ;) ..

One word why this team is better than last year ...

Mangenius!

Rex Ryan has a much better plan.

Still not sold on Sanchez (for this year) ... he's a bit sloppy with the ball ... but, under Ryan, the Jets should finish better than last year as a team ... maybe not in the standings, but certainly as a team.

For the record, I totally called it ....

Sanchez with 5 interceptions ... yeah, the Sanchize wishes he was facing Notre Dame right about now.

(and yeah, I called it.)

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    dude,

we are jets fans. we all had that feeling deep down inside this is too good to be true. We never win.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    Jenkins is out for the season!! I don't miss Mangini but at least he held fatso's weight in check..now Mr. happy go lucky is done...it's like we went from one extreme to the other..with all the loosey goosey trash talking, and now 14 fucking penalties...players ripping helmets off and throwing wild haymakers..

This is nuts....over 300 yards rushing and still lost to one of the worst fucking teams in the league..the same team that lost last week to Mangini's misfits that had a total of 2 offensive pass completions..pathetic, pathetic, pathetic..time to bench the pretty boy rookie!!
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    From this ...

http://nflposts.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... y-news.jpg

to this ...

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/ ... 091019.jpg

... in a matter of weeks ... damn, NY ain't easy ...

So now along with Jenkins, Washington is out for the season!! That's a huge loss, obviously..Anyway, a nice, crisp ass whooping today....anyone know what's up with Cotchery's injury?
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    jimed14 wrote:
    From this ...

http://nflposts.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... y-news.jpg

to this ...

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/ ... 091019.jpg

... in a matter of weeks ... damn, NY ain't easy ...

It doesn't take much to fall from grace in the city of NY.

Huge comeback by the Saints today, I told my fiance it's only the first half plenty of game left.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• pjbizpjbiz Posts: 208
    Hey anyone going to the Jets Dolphins game next sunday after the Philly shows? I'm probably gonna head up, but haven't bought tix yet.

Jason
    Losing leon is bad. Hopefully shonne greene can step in and fill some of his role. He did well this week, but lets see what happens when they play a more competitive opponent
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • l_82374fe6e36dc2da6bcfaba92644b594.jpg

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    What the fuck happened? Didn't get a chance to see the game as we were traveling back from Philly, but it looks like the special team unit was pretty much responsible for the loss? Every other phase was dominated by the Jets, according to the stats. Outgained the Dolphins by 274 yards and held them to just 104 offensive yards?? Sounds like a good old fashioned ass kicking..some of the Dolphin players were even quoted afterward saying things like, 'you all whipped our butts.' Frustrating!
    http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article ... fins-30-25
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    Well, it's not like we thought this team was going to win anything this year, but it's still frustrating as they seem to be in every single game, then somehow ultimately always find a way to lose...
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    Yesterday was very very VERY hard to watch. I got no faith.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    I hate Sanchez..

Things are so fucking bad right now that I'm actually looking forward to spring training and the Mets ;) ..

Anyway, really wasn't expecting much with a rookie QB and head coach..even less so after Washington and fatso went down..oh well, there is always next year..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    The Champ wrote:
    Well, looks like Sanchez is the real deal

The Champ wrote:
    I hate Sanchez..

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Well done Norm, well done.

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    jimed14 wrote:
    Well done Norm, well done.

:D

just givin' champ a little shit ;)

i figured this would happen...i think sanchez will be a good nfl qb but i didn't think it would last

:wave:
    norm wrote:
    The Champ wrote:
    Well, looks like Sanchez is the real deal

The Champ wrote:
    I hate Sanchez..

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well, things tend to change in a hurry here in nyc ;) ....I hate this little fucker, especially after his dumb ass press speech following last week's game..who the fuck does this guy think he is?..With that said, he still has the potential to be the real deal, though it will take some time and growing pains..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    another tough one to watch.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12