The 2009 J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

Comments

• The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    If you Jets fans want to see quality football, tune in tonight and check out The Fish

If not given up a single offensive touchdown to two of the best teams in the league doesn't qualify as quality football viewing, I don't know what would....definitely not that circus your team puts on down in Miami..I'll always root for Pennington (when not against the jets), but it looks like it may be a long season. Man, Pennington put the ball directly on the hands of that receiver in the end zone..you guys had it..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
    g under p wrote:
    I worded it that way because I didn't see any of the game or highlights so forgive me if it turns out the Jets dominated the entire game. Good win.

Peace

Man, that's a big game for you to miss..see you in November..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • The Champ wrote:
    If you Jets fans want to see quality football, tune in tonight and check out The Fish

If not given up a single offensive touchdown to two of the best teams in the league doesn't qualify as quality football viewing, I don't know what would....definitely not that circus your team puts on down in Miami..I'll always root for Pennington (when not against the jets), but it looks like it may be a long season. Man, Pennington put the ball directly on the hands of that receiver in the end zone..you guys had it..

Yeah that drop sucked. We're not very strong at Wide-receiver or defensive secondary...as anyone who watched last night's game against the Colts can tell.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    The Champ wrote:

Yeah that drop sucked. We're not very strong at Wide-receiver or defensive secondary...as anyone who watched last night's game against the Colts can tell.

Is giving up 27 points in under 15 minutes a new record? They had the ball for less than a quarter of the game and still managed to win..sick..only Peyton Manning..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Very pleased with the team so far. I think this is a dangerous game for tennesse. they really need this win and it is at home for them. I have been happy so far with the season, but going into Tennesse and getting a win will be tough, but i think they have a good chance to do it.

Sanchez thus far has avoided making mistakes and that is huge!

Loved watching the game against the pats this week. Kind of cool Ryan gave the game ball to the crowd for being so loud at the game!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:
    Very pleased with the team so far. I think this is a dangerous game for tennesse. they really need this win and it is at home for them. I have been happy so far with the season, but going into Tennesse and getting a win will be tough, but i think they have a good chance to do it.

Sanchez thus far has avoided making mistakes and that is huge!

Loved watching the game against the pats this week. Kind of cool Ryan gave the game ball to the crowd for being so loud at the game!

Really can't ask for too much more than not giving up a single offensive touchdown thus far..so cool to watch our defense smack the shit out of people for a change...I love it!

The Titans are actually coming here, but I agree, they are desperate and thus are going to be hard to beat..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • The Champ wrote:

Is giving up 27 points in under 15 minutes a new record? They had the ball for less than a quarter of the game and still managed to win..sick..only Peyton Manning..

That time of possession stat is kinda skewered because of the Colts scoring an 80 yrd TD on the first play. The stats of this actually resembled one of my Madden games: I often give up big plays and I go on long, methodical drives that usually stall inside the redzone.

But it's only week two. Last year, the Dolphins got CREAMED by Arizona in week 2 before turning it around. As for the Jets, their defense looked really good against New England. Sanchez made plays when he had to....a la Roethlisberger in his rookie year.....but it'll be interesting to see how he does when the Jets are behind in the 4th.

Can't wait for that MIA/NYJ monday night game in a few weeks.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    The Champ wrote:

That time of possession stat is kinda skewered because of the Colts scoring an 80 yrd TD on the first play. The stats of this actually resembled one of my Madden games: I often give up big plays and I go on long, methodical drives that usually stall inside the redzone.

But it's only week two. Last year, the Dolphins got CREAMED by Arizona in week 2 before turning it around. As for the Jets, their defense looked really good against New England. Sanchez made plays when he had to....a la Roethlisberger in his rookie year.....but it'll be interesting to see how he does when the Jets are behind in the 4th.

Can't wait for that MIA/NYJ monday night game in a few weeks.

I love Chad and all, but there is no way the Dolphins will beat this Jet team on Monday night :) ..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    Looking to go 3-0!!
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • would be the jets' first 3-0 start since 2004, their first with a new coach since 2000 with Al Groh
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    would be the jets' first 3-0 start since 2004, their first with a new coach since 2000 with Al Groh

Welcome back..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    yes my bad on the going to TN part earlier in the thread.

In the end i picked the jets to win in my weekly pool. I think getting a win against TN would mean a lot. They may be 0-2, but they are a dangerous 0-2 team. They are going to come ready to fight.

Hope nick mangold and the guys can hold the line and give sanchez time and the RB's holes
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • The Champ wrote:
    would be the jets' first 3-0 start since 2004, their first with a new coach since 2000 with Al Groh

Welcome back..

Glad to be back, let's meet up some time and watch some football.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    being an sc fan i'm curious as to what you guys think about sanchez

i agreed with carroll that he shouldn't have gone pro after 1 season but from what i've seen he's been playing better this year than he did last year with the trojans :D
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    norm he's been everything as advertised and more. he did the right thing by coming out early.

D played great today

the meadowlands looks more like a crazy house than a football stadium. damn is that jet crowd LOUD
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

That was a tough win. Everyone knew the oilers err titans wanted that one.

I love how Ryan brings the house on 3rd down.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    Super Bowl!!

The defense was impressive again, especially when Ryan cranked the fuckers up to another level in the second half..Collins didn't have a completion in how many attempts in a row to end the game??

What worries my though is the lack of a running attack....the offensive line is supposed to be top notch but thus far haven't been able to open any holes for Jones..

Sanchez has been unbelievable, but yeah rookie mistakes will happen...interesting to see how he'll respond to the wind in the Meadowlands come November onward..he did pretty well in the rain, but let's see what this Cali kid can do..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    The Champ wrote:
    Super Bowl!!

Last year this team was what, 8-3 ... and if I remember correctly coming off consecutive wins against the Pats and Titans (just like now) ... and people were chanting Superbowl then as well ...

food for thought.

:D
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:
    The Champ wrote:
    Super Bowl!!

Last year this team was what, 8-3 ... and if I remember correctly coming off consecutive wins against the Pats and Titans (just like now) ... and people were chanting Superbowl then as well ...

food for thought.

:D

Believe me, as a Jet fan, I am always waiting for the other shoe to drop, because I know after 21 years of rooting for this team, it always does ;) ....definitely not expecting to win the Super Bowl with a rookie QB..

With that said, you cannot compare this team to any other Jet team..thus why on rare occasions this season, my optimistic typing will get the best of me, against my better judgment ;) ..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    The Champ wrote:

With that said, you cannot compare this team to any other Jet team..thus why on rare occasions this season, my optimistic typing will get the best of me, against my better judgment ;) ..

One word why this team is better than last year ...

Mangenius!

Rex Ryan has a much better plan.

Still not sold on Sanchez (for this year) ... he's a bit sloppy with the ball ... but, under Ryan, the Jets should finish better than last year as a team ... maybe not in the standings, but certainly as a team.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:
    The Champ wrote:

Mangenius!

Still not sold on Sanchez (for this year) ... he's a bit sloppy with the ball ... but, under Ryan, the Jets should finish better than last year as a team ... maybe not in the standings, but certainly as a team.

Definitely, and remember that most Jet fans, unlike Patriot fans, have never experienced anything close to a championship in their lifetime..so this idea of actually building something special with this head coach, and possibly a franchise quarterback, has us tickled to fucking death..

Anyway, not feeling too confident against the Saints..these motherfuckers are capable of lighting it up like no other team..will be a good early season test for gang green..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    This is all on Sanchez who was a total fucking mess..the defense once again was very impressive..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,283
    I hated that 3rd & 4 call right before 1/2 time instead of going for the 1st down they decide to go for the TD ,but that is not what lost this game like champ said it's all on Sanches still the defense kept them in the game all day .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    jimed14 wrote:
    The Champ wrote:

Mangenius!

For the record, I totally called it ....

Congrats to the Jets for adding 15 - 20 dropped balls to their wide receiver corps .... :D

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns

jimed14 wrote:
    Congrats to the Jets for adding 15 - 20 dropped balls to their wide receiver corps .... :D

This is a good move by the Jets..he will open up the offense for everyone, and the team will actually have someone that is capable of making big plays near the end zone..jump balls etc...
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    I hate giving up the draft picks but i'm love the edwards move.

I think he may revitalize himself in NY. He was an oustanding receiver in college and showed in 07 he can perform.

It is too bad he won't have time to learn the playbook before the Fish Fry on Monday night :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    jimed14 wrote:

I guess you're batting .500 as this guy is a fucking monster! Had a terrific game, especially considering he only had a couple of days with the Jets prior to the game..wow, and we gave up basically nothing to get this stud..

Anyway, the Jets need to shut the fuck up this week and win....Sanchez blew the last week and Monday night was all on the Defense and Rex..how the fuck did Rex not call a time out on the final drive?..oh well, need to take care of business against the Bills and Oakland..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    You failed to mention they lost to the Dolphins. :lol: And y'all gave the Pats shit about getting killed by the wildcat last year.

By the way, that last P.I. call inside the 5 yardline was a horrible call, and yeah, Edwards dropped that pass, the penalty bailed him out.

Still, that other catch on the sidelines was pretty fantastic.

Time will tell on this guy ... he's still got some legal issues to deal with back in Cleveland.

jimed14 wrote:
    You failed to mention they lost to the Dolphins. :lol: And y'all gave the Pats shit about getting killed by the wildcat last year.

By the way, that last P.I. call inside the 5 yardline was a horrible call, and yeah, Edwards dropped that pass, the penalty bailed him out.

Still, that other catch on the sidelines was pretty fantastic.

Time will tell on this guy ... he's still got some legal issues to deal with back in Cleveland.

There are bad calls in every game..and yeah, in my head we are 4-1 ;) ..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'