Options

***Bootleg program for 2009

Comments

• Options
    I was there for the Saturday show & I don't recall seeing anything about cameras or anything like that, but then again, the mezzanines were PACKED so we didn't hang around out there for long.
    At any rate, I can't wait for the boots to come out!!!
    Wrigley Field (Chicago) 7/19/13, Pacific Coliseum (Vancouver) 9/25/11, ScottTrade Center (St. Louis) 5/4/10, Sprint Center (KC) 5/3/10, Wachovia Spectrum Arena (Philadelphia) - 10/31/09, Key Arena (Seattle) - 9/22/09, Key Arena (Seattle) - 9/21/09, United Center (Chicago) - 8/24/09, United Center (Chicago) - 8/23/09, Colonial Center (Columbia, SC) - 6/16/08, The Vic Theatre (Chicago) - 8/02/07, Pepsi Center (Denver) - 7/02/06

Actually come to think of it, I just might be a puddle full of detriment.
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,418
    On 10.31 there were plenty of signs there...they were plastered on every entrance door and window in the place...it was almost impossible not to see them...lol...
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    First, let me say: Fuck this board and how it logged me out after I typed and previewed a long post but before I hit "Submit". Typing again!
    JV130312 wrote:
    On 10.31 there were plenty of signs there...they were plastered on every entrance door and window in the place...it was almost impossible not to see them...lol...

I must be a near miracle worker, then, since I was at all 4 shows and never saw a single video disclaimer sign.
    5v1 wrote:
    Mildly factual evidence of DVDs: Disclaimer signs were posted at least Friday night saying the show was being video recorded and something about agreeing to releasing rights or not going in...sorry for a very unspecific paraphrase since my recollection of that part of the night is a little foggy. I don't remember seeing them Saturday, but that doesn't mean they weren't there then too. The signs definitely gave me the impression the cameras were for more than the big screens.

I think this is no evidence of DVDs whatsoever. I've been to plenty of shows, and seen those signs plenty of times. None of those times has there been a DVD released.

I have also seen big screens up at many many shows, also with no DVDs.

What I *do* think is evidence of a pending DVD (speculative, at best) is that the historic nature of that run of shows was well-understood in advance, and the band played shows very obviously with that in mind. That says to me there is a good likelihood of a DVD documenting it is pending.

As for the boots being delayed for the DVD, honestly, I think there's no reason to delay bootlegs because of a DVD anyway. I mean, DVDs take, at minimum, *months* to produce. Why delay the boots for a DVD when neither depends on the other? If they're planning on releasing some sort of package, do a presale, and let the boots out for individual purchase! Doesn't make any sense to hold everything back because of that. There's a different reason they're delayed.
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    ***W A I T S*** for the PERTH 'Boot' ;);) ;);););)
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,917
    As for the boots being delayed for the DVD, honestly, I think there's no reason to delay bootlegs because of a DVD anyway. I mean, DVDs take, at minimum, *months* to produce. Why delay the boots for a DVD when neither depends on the other? If they're planning on releasing some sort of package, do a presale, and let the boots out for individual purchase! Doesn't make any sense to hold everything back because of that. There's a different reason they're delayed.

Someday, someday I would like to see one Pearl Jam Tour take the route of The Who. Where they released a full length tour via cd/dvd combo, of each of their show's. Sign me up for that combo, ASAP!!!

I've heard many, many stories on the Philly jam. Many different takes. I kinda hoped the CD's get released before Dec 4th. Cause that's the deadline to ship packages out to CDN & anywhere's else outside the USA, if you want the packages recieved by Christmas day. Was hoping it was a little bit earlier, cause I wanted to buy a few for Christmas stocking stuffer's. Not gonna happen now. D'oh!
  • Options
    IndyDaveIndyDave Posts: 252
    There's a different reason they're delayed.
    Just adding my own speculative fuel to the fire here-I think the reason for the delay is that the band has to approve the final mixes and had to wait to return from the Australia/New Zealand tour to do so. If that's the case maybe we will see a release this week.
    I sure hope so, because the wait for those four special Philly shows has been agonizing.

Indy 2010, Indy 2003, Champaign 2003, Cincy 2000, Indy 2000
    Indy 1998, West Lafayette 1994, Chicago-Lollapalooza 1992
    Cincy-Lollapalooza 1992
    ======================================

I pledge my grievance to the flag.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    wasnt in philly but i think of a dvd couse alot people talked here about cameras plus was amazing 4 nights -closing the spectrum-play almost their song-was halloween,all seems that they have to do something special.and the fact that they are delay with no reason and the same time the other usa and canada shohs was up fast.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,418
    I cannot wait for the emotion that I will feel once these Philly Boots are actually released!!! Damn...
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    JV130312 wrote:

:lol: Okay, i admit i may not be the most perceptive guy on the planet ....
    Wrigley Field (Chicago) 7/19/13, Pacific Coliseum (Vancouver) 9/25/11, ScottTrade Center (St. Louis) 5/4/10, Sprint Center (KC) 5/3/10, Wachovia Spectrum Arena (Philadelphia) - 10/31/09, Key Arena (Seattle) - 9/22/09, Key Arena (Seattle) - 9/21/09, United Center (Chicago) - 8/24/09, United Center (Chicago) - 8/23/09, Colonial Center (Columbia, SC) - 6/16/08, The Vic Theatre (Chicago) - 8/02/07, Pepsi Center (Denver) - 7/02/06

• Options
    wasnt in philly but i think of a dvd couse alot people talked here about cameras plus was amazing 4 nights -closing the spectrum-play almost their song-was halloween,all seems that they have to do something special.and the fact that they are delay with no reason and the same time the other usa and canada shohs was up fast.

OK D, I can't argue with any of that. Let's hope you're right!
    (and i'm pretty sure I saw Oliver Stone there disguised as the Philly Fanatic, so I'm pretty sure you're right)

• Options
    Slow Moe wrote:

OK D, I can't argue with any of that. Let's hope you're right!
    (and i'm pretty sure I saw Oliver Stone there disguised as the Philly Fanatic, so I'm pretty sure you're right)
    i hope this will be real :D
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,887
    goooooooooooooooood morning...

...and good morning to you! May i ask you why it is such a goooooooood morning? :roll:
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    is anybody working??? 8-)
  • Options
    it a goooooooooooooooood moring as my 3 boys didnt wake up until 630 instead of 5am...so gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning..
  • Options
    is anybody working??? 8-)

work is over rated, but philly boots should be out in the next couple of days then. damm I was wrong with my december 1st prediction. I am would love adeliade and melbourne boots before xmas, but if not then ah well.
    Rod Laver Arena - Feb 18, 2003
    Rod Laver Arena - Nov 13, 2006
    Adelaide Oval - Nov 17, 2009
    Etihad Stadium - Nov 20, 2009
    BDO Melbourne - Jan 24, 2014
    New York - May 02 - 2016