Options

Australia/New Zealand tour

Comments

• Options
    DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    Darka wrote:
    when do the 10c tickets normally go on sale? and ive never brought them before whats common procedure ?

They announce that they will go on sale on XX date.

On XX date everyone stresses and gets to work at 830am to log in. By 9.01 they have gone to the goods section, press 'buy ticket', enter credit card details and get a confirmation.

By 9.02 you will have purchased and then everyone will look back and say "fuck that was easier than I thought"

If you choose to do the the following day...the same would happen.

If you choose to do it the last day of 10c tiks....the smae would happen.

Plenty of 10c tickets and no stress. 95% sure they did not sell out last tour in any city...Melb maybe sold out after a week
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    CrazyboutevCrazyboutev Burns Beach WA Posts: 45
    So excited that the boys are coming back! Been checking website every half hour waiting for pre release ticket details. Anyone know when that would be? Im in Perth so ive also been trying to find a map of how the stadium will be set up - (so I know which seats to aim for) BUT I cannot find one... any ideas?
  • Options
    OU818 wrote:
    Yeah I was aprevious member and renewed my membership on the 8th of July. So I am REALLY hoping the 7/7 deadline isn't correct :lol:

if it was the 8/7 here it prob was still 7/7 in the US u should be good look at the date on conf. e-mail
    Bitch Be Cool 8)
    BRISBANE 1998,2003,2006,2009!!!
    Christchurch 2009
    Oh I'm a lucky man to count those I love on two hands

come say hi on facebook http://www.facebook.com/sean.montgomery
  • Options
    HS68870HS68870 Posts: 3
    edited August 2009
    Ok very mixed emotions now. Did 10C have tickets for members? What happened to email notification? Really wanting tickets to Adelaide concert.
    Post edited by HS68870 on
  • Options
    DarkaDarka Posts: 16
    DonJon wrote:
    Darka wrote:
    when do the 10c tickets normally go on sale? and ive never brought them before whats common procedure ?

They announce that they will go on sale on XX date.

On XX date everyone stresses and gets to work at 830am to log in. By 9.01 they have gone to the goods section, press 'buy ticket', enter credit card details and get a confirmation.

By 9.02 you will have purchased and then everyone will look back and say "fuck that was easier than I thought"

If you choose to do the the following day...the same would happen.

If you choose to do it the last day of 10c tiks....the smae would happen.

Plenty of 10c tickets and no stress. 95% sure they did not sell out last tour in any city...Melb maybe sold out after a week

Sweet thanks Donjon :)
    Cant wait
  • Options
    HS68870 wrote:
    Ok very mixed emotions now. Did 10C have tickets for members? What happened to email notification? Really wanting tickets to Adelaide concert.

Relax. Yes. Hasnt come yet. You will get
  • Options
    zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    they should set up a trauma conselling forum here at tour times ;)
    impatience is a gift ........
  • Options
    zenith wrote:
    they should set up a trauma conselling forum here at tour times ;)
    :lol:
    Bitch Be Cool 8)
    BRISBANE 1998,2003,2006,2009!!!
    Christchurch 2009
    Oh I'm a lucky man to count those I love on two hands

come say hi on facebook http://www.facebook.com/sean.montgomery
  • Options
    Haha. No come on I can understand people stressing a little. I was 'anal' about getting everything right last tour and it was just so much easier than I thought so I personally can understand some peoples concerns.

I feel like a broken down record.ALL current 10c members will get tickets...there is no need to buy them 'the minute' they go on sale from 10c.

Wheres my Perth friend with her OMG OMG!!!! OMG's!!!!OMG!!!!! :lol:
  • Options
    zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    OMG OMG OMG
    impatience is a gift ........
  • Options
    ozpjmanozpjman Posts: 870
    kaPow wrote:
    Hi peepos....so i talked to my husband about going to Melbourne as well as brisbane (our home show) - he was very certain it was not going to happen cause of no money :( - but he could just be pissed at me cause i kicked him out last night for snoring :lol:

maybe i should get a second job?? any suggestions on how to convince him - he's not a big fan but indulges my obsessives.....

Hi and welcome

There is one particular way you can convince him... ;)

I know it would work for me if my wife wanted something and I needed convincing ;)

Try that a few times and im sure he will go anywhere :lol:

If he doesnt, well, there may be more questions than answers hehe :shock:
    Stars walk the red carpet because they're famous - I walk the toilet paper because im the shit.
  • Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    ozpjman wrote:
    kaPow wrote:
    Hi peepos....so i talked to my husband about going to Melbourne as well as brisbane (our home show) - he was very certain it was not going to happen cause of no money :( - but he could just be pissed at me cause i kicked him out last night for snoring :lol:

maybe i should get a second job?? any suggestions on how to convince him - he's not a big fan but indulges my obsessives.....

Hi and welcome

I know it would work for me if my wife wanted something and I needed convincing ;)

LMAO! :lol:
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    LongRoadLongRoad Posts: 421
    after all these presales and privelidged access things, where does that leave the good old fan that lines up for a few days for the public sale though? *sigh*

Back in 1998 where he belongs :lol:
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    ozpjman wrote:
    kaPow wrote:

Hi and welcome

LMAO! :lol:

yeah i'll try that and let you know, so if he still says no does that mean i (suck?!) at it???!!!!!

:lol::lol:
  • Options
    threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    wow, some people really seem to be stressing out about tickets.

i really can't understand the dramas. there will be tickets, they will go onsale before the ticketek presale.

people paying more from other sites to get the same ticket they could get very easily in a ticketek sale, let alone from the ten club. those sites charging a premium will not even get 10% of the floor/seating tickets available. there will be plenty of tickets left in the ticket sale. do you think ticketek are gonna give all their tickets to a site, that adds a additional cost that ticketek don't get?

it's getting out of control.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Options
    the waiting drove ME mad!!!
    Dream the dreams of others then,... You will be no ones rival,...
  • Options
    EastiesEasties Posts: 479
    They're nearly here but I'm a mess!
  • Options
    I think it will be up tonight, or early AM on thurs, like 3am, it has to be up before the weekend.
    By the way, you can always call Ten Club: +118007248038 and just ask them, i called before but got anwswering machine cause it was like 11.00pm over there, silly me.

160 isn't bad for a GA Ticket anyways. Guarantee you Ten Club will be more than 123.00each as they come in pairs and are usually bout 15 dolars more than general public, so really, 35 dollars extra is pretty good, especially if it ends up being the stated 'Gold GA Section", so I bought one to Melb and Perth just for the frak of it, get some Ten Club tix, and if they're not front general admission, then I sell them and start spending on Ebay.

And also, I think you might have had to have yur membership in order by like the 27th July. Its usually a few days before Ten Club announce it on the website

If they do two shows in one city it'l be melbourne, and it will be at music bowl for sure, not a 10C only show, unless its an Ed solo show as you'd only get about 1000 members to travel to the show if you're lucky, so that would suit an Eddie Solos gig. would suit me fine too!!!

there are a lot of worry warts on here hey!!!!! Chillax and put some Pj on, maybe a bit of Various Oz 2006 tracks, crack a coldie and the goodness will come. Its not like they'll announce the pre-sale and bang it'll be on sale, day or two in between atleast. thats why im guessing thursday/night, that way everyone reads al about it on weekend, and then presale starts Monday morning, a day before the VISA presale.

I should become a novelist. Pearl Jam. The things they do to you!!! Luff Them!!

"Its Ok, we know that they're coming back our way"
  • Options
    meshellmeshell Posts: 52
    LivLivLiv wrote:
    the waiting drove ME mad!!!

i second that
  • Options
    meshellmeshell Posts: 52
    I think it will be up tonight, or early AM on thurs, like 3am, it has to be up before the weekend.
    By the way, you can always call Ten Club: +118007248038 and just ask them, i called before but got anwswering machine cause it was like 11.00pm over there, silly me.

160 isn't bad for a GA Ticket anyways. Guarantee you Ten Club will be more than 123.00each as they come in pairs and are usually bout 15 dolars more than general public, so really, 35 dollars extra is pretty good, especially if it ends up being the stated 'Gold GA Section", so I bought one to Melb and Perth just for the frak of it, get some Ten Club tix, and if they're not front general admission, then I sell them and start spending on Ebay.

And also, I think you might have had to have yur membership in order by like the 27th July. Its usually a few days before Ten Club announce it on the website

If they do two shows in one city it'l be melbourne, and it will be at music bowl for sure, not a 10C only show, unless its an Ed solo show as you'd only get about 1000 members to travel to the show if you're lucky, so that would suit an Eddie Solos gig. would suit me fine too!!!

there are a lot of worry warts on here hey!!!!! Chillax and put some Pj on, maybe a bit of Various Oz 2006 tracks, crack a coldie and the goodness will come. Its not like they'll announce the pre-sale and bang it'll be on sale, day or two in between atleast. thats why im guessing thursday/night, that way everyone reads al about it on weekend, and then presale starts Monday morning, a day before the VISA presale.

Thanks for that .. vodka in hand pj playing ..... big sigh, feel much better
  • Options
    pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    The reason some of us are worrying is that there has already been a pre sale which has now closed. I hate "commoners" having PJ tickets before me, being in the Ten Club. I wish Ten Club tickets had gone on sale before the pre sale. That being said, I prefer waiting for my Ten club tickets, which better be up front of the GA sections. Not to mention the fact Triple M are now advertising the concerts so everyone knows PJ are coming, hurry up Ten Club!!
  • Options
    i like matt.ci like matt.c Posts: 1,121
    pjamaholic wrote:
    The reason some of us are worrying is that there has already been a pre sale which has now closed. I hate "commoners" having PJ tickets before me, being in the Ten Club. I wish Ten Club tickets had gone on sale before the pre sale. That being said, I prefer waiting for my Ten club tickets, which better be up front of the GA sections. Not to mention the fact Triple M are now advertising the concerts so everyone knows PJ are coming, hurry up Ten Club!!
    I quite agree!!!
  • Options
    threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    pjamaholic wrote:
    The reason some of us are worrying is that there has already been a pre sale which has now closed. I hate "commoners" having PJ tickets before me, being in the Ten Club.

well technically they do not. they have paid for another ticket agency to get them tickets when tickets go on sale to the public. if they purchased seats, they have no idea where the seats are till tickets go onsale, and the agency secures tickets from ticketek.

and they have paid more for the service of something they would have no trouble doing themselves.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Options
    pjamaholic wrote:
    The reason some of us are worrying is that there has already been a pre sale which has now closed. I hate "commoners" having PJ tickets before me, being in the Ten Club.

well technically they do not. they have paid for another ticket agency to get them tickets when tickets go on sale to the public. if they purchased seats, they have no idea where the seats are till tickets go onsale, and the agency secures tickets from ticketek.

and they have paid more for the service of something they would have no trouble doing themselves.

well yeah i think we were also (well mainly for me) stressing about the 'magic date' for 10C tix, cause if one knows theyre eligible for the tix, its time to relax. if one knows they arent eligible, buy an early presale or do the ticketek line, and so on... knowing, either way.

not long now anyway :D:D
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861

$160 is pretty pricey for GA, especially when you can buy EXACTLY the same ticket in 2 weeks time for $124
    there is no difference between these presale tickets and anything else. Hell ADCD were charging $100 for GA, but their seating was a lot more :roll: cant work that one out :roll:

10c tickets might be a little more, but they should also be getting you early entry into the venue

it is amazing to see how worried people become about tickets when they are playing in a stadium :lol: it is going to be easier than the last few tours to get tickets, and the 10c will not fall over like it did for Philly :lol:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    call me picky but i was thinkin they are probly having a standing area for the 1st time in ages in aus, and was fixin to get in that front front GA area... :D

does anyone remember the bunrush for those spots for yield tour? but 1st sydney show they left the front front half empty - was lucky enough to get in while everyone behind crushed themselves to get the front of the second GA section. amazing night.
  • Options
    lb194468lb194468 Posts: 84
    Stoked
    :mrgreen:
  • Options
    It was a hell of a lot easier getting a ticket today than having to try and deal with ticketek on the sale date. will be a nightmare!!! I only bought the ticket today for the fuck of it.

But Seriously, does 40 dollars really matter when it comes to PJ? I spent $6,000 on 2006 tour, $2,700 on tickets to 11 shows, thats an average of like $230 per ticket if my maths are correct which they prob aren't. Guess it comes down to how much they mean to you. Not saying im a bigger fan or anything, its just, these guys have literally saved me so many times, their music is a part of my insides and has been for over 15 years. So, $40.00 is nothing in my opinion, neither is paying $350 for a single ticket on ebay if its a good seat.

Plus, i dont like sitting around and waiting haha, i saw tickets on sale, i had to buy two, not like i wontt be able to sell em anyways if i dont use them.
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    It was a hell of a lot easier getting a ticket today than having to try and deal with ticketek on the sale date. will be a nightmare!!! I only bought the ticket today for the fuck of it.

But Seriously, does 40 dollars really matter when it comes to PJ? I spent $6,000 on 2006 tour, $2,700 on tickets to 11 shows, thats an average of like $230 per ticket if my maths are correct which they prob aren't. Guess it comes down to how much they mean to you. Not saying im a bigger fan or anything, its just, these guys have literally saved me so many times, their music is a part of my insides and has been for over 15 years. So, $40.00 is nothing in my opinion, neither is paying $350 for a single ticket on ebay if its a good seat.

Plus, i dont like sitting around and waiting haha, i saw tickets on sale, i had to buy two, not like i wontt be able to sell em anyways if i dont use them.

$230 a pair it was i think.. unless you were a nice jammer and handed out the freebies :D
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    na, bought most of my tickets off ebay!!! had Ten Club to Melb 1, Syd 1 and Newcastle. And melb and syd 1 i paid $150 per ticket for 10 C tix. not fair, but was worth it though, 3rd row and 3rd row. moneys money, these guys may well never be back here again, and thats a strong possibilty, who knows!!!
This discussion has been closed.