Options

Overblown Criticism of The Fixer

Comments

• Options
    heyhey Posts: 33
    yeah, I like it too. Too me its kinda a hard song not to like. Its fun. I read some things on here about how its a good thing that they wrote a fun song instead of all the serious stuff. I agree. Don't get me wrong, I like that stuff as well but this is good. I have a friend that doesn't really like the political side ti to the band and is always saying I hope its not too political. Well here ya go my friend. The reason I brought up tool was because I kinda hate how they hide in the dark. That was like cool back in the day but know a days you don't have to do stuff like that to be cool. Just be PJ!!!!
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,743
    not every pearl jam song has to have deep, insightful, lyrics. what i love about this band is they throw pj fans a curve and piss some of them off. I LOVE IT! :lol:
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    If it was that great of a song, there wouldn't be 15 threads on the first page dedicated to defending it.
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    I'm not a fan of S/T yet there is somehting about this song i find infectuous.

Can't wait to rock out to it live! and from the other 4 songs i've heard versons of from this album i think it is going to be a very well rounded album.

I don't understand the hate. Lyrics aren't the best but they aren't the focal point. And yes, they put Wishlist lyrics to shame.
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    I'm surprised by all the criticism of this song too. I think it's good to add a song that has an unmixed positive mood!
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    edited July 2009
    hey wrote:
    So too all you people who don't like the song, you are allowed to have your opinion, but I just do not think you really know what you are talking about. Matt wrote the song remember that..

???Huh? Hey, I love every PJ song wiht the exception of cropduster, Ghost....and now the Fixer. it's no big deal man. I am still overly excited for the new album. But then again, since I dont like it, I have no idea what i'm talking about. I'll just shut up now.
    Post edited by JonnyPistachio on
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,729
    personally I don't think there's much RIGHT with this song. The breakdown is okay I guess......but everything else about it is terrible....in my humble, humble opinion of course
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options

Nice one, but your avatar still makes me wanna fuckin' puke

Rage With The Machine................eeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :roll:

Rage rocked shit so hard even Pearl Jam couldn't touch it...so i don't know what the fuck you're talking about!!

Anyone on the cover of a rag like SPIN isn't raging against anything, my friend...and that's okay, just don't be a pretender......

Yet you still cried uncle and switched up your avatar to something so much better....kudos!

Mad Season.YES!!!!!
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • Options
    Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    Lovin every song that has been played off from" Backspacer" .. and i cant wait to get my hands on the vinyl !... ;);)
  • Options
    ejny wrote:
    RM181658 wrote:
    I went rollerblading for 50 minutes and the entire i had this stuck in my head: yeah yeah yeah yeah....fight to get it back again...yeah yeah yeah.....that's all the proof i need...

really??...you mean "yeah yeah yeah" was stuck in your head...so that means it MUST be a great song..fuck..who knew all i needed was some rollerblades to change my mind....i guess that's all the proof that i need! ;) :P :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

good one. :lol:

and, so when I get that damn Beyonce chorus "if you like it, you shoulda put a ring on it" in my head it must mean that its a great song?

Did you really just go there........goodness :oops: :oops: :oops:
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • Options

Nice one, but your avatar still makes me wanna fuckin' puke

Rage With The Machine................eeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :roll:

Rage rocked shit so hard even Pearl Jam couldn't touch it...so i don't know what the fuck you're talking about!!

Anyone on the cover of a rag like SPIN isn't raging against anything, my friend...and that's okay, just don't be a pretender......

Yet you still cried uncle and switched up your avatar to something so much better....kudos!

Mad Season.YES!!!!!

don't flatter yourself dude...i change my avatar almost daily
  • Options
    esacks23esacks23 Posts: 69
    it's awful, and would everyone just accept and admit that it's awful before everyone on this board loses any and all credibility. please! it is the most pointless and irrelevant song this band has ever put out on a record. this is the poetry of a ten year old.
  • Options
    not to beat a dead horse.. i just heard the song for the first time and i think it sucks..but i love pearl jam to death
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Vedd Hedd wrote:
    If anyone likes wishlist but hates the fixer, there is a problem. :lol:

I wish I was the sentimental ornament you hung on
    the christmas tree, I wish I was the star that went on top.

I wish I was the full moon shining of a camaro's hood.

I always thought wishlist had good lyrics....

And even if they are bad they definitely arent "The Fixer" bad.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    not to beat a dead horse.. i just heard the song for the first time and i think it sucks..but i love pearl jam to death

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....the lemmings don't like when you don't follow their group mind set....there is still time for you! pretend you like it and you'll make it out alive...it's too late for me!...just go..and tell my wife i love her!
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    im just stunned that people on here defending this song can still rip on Nickelback after hearing The Crapper, i mean The Fixer

seriously someone said "there is nothing wrong with a pop song"??? these are the same people who rip all these "mainstream" bands but god forbid Pearl Jam does it and its freakin groundbreaking

lets get real they are chasing the dollar they arent worried about progression anymore...i mean c'mon a Target deal? Virgin Mobile?
  • Options
    esacks23 wrote:
    it's awful, and would everyone just accept and admit that it's awful before everyone on this board loses any and all credibility.

:lol:
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,309
    so what ok we get it you don't like the song ,how many ways can you say it :lol::lol: ...i can't wait to hear them from my perspective .. :mrgreen:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,492

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....the lemmings don't like when you don't follow their group mind set....there is still time for you! pretend you like it and you'll make it out alive...it's too late for me!...just go..and tell my wife i love her!

So, liking the song means you are a lemming?

Hating it means you are an individual?
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Vedd Hedd wrote:

that's what i'm gathering :roll:
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd wrote:

no...you can like it and not be a lemming...but those people don't attack you for not liking it...the lemmings do.
  • Options
    pjalive21 wrote:
    lets get real they are chasing the dollar they arent worried about progression anymore...i mean c'mon a Target deal? Virgin Mobile?

haha, because you know. you're in their thought process. :lol:
  • Options

no...you can like it and not be a lemming...but those people don't attack you for not liking it...the lemmings do.

Doesnt your thread title *KIND OF* attack those who like it?
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd wrote:

i guess if you feel guilty for liking bubblegum you could see it that way....but no..it wasn't.
  • Options
    esacks23 wrote:
    it's awful, and would everyone just accept and admit that it's awful before everyone on this board loses any and all credibility. please! it is the most pointless and irrelevant song this band has ever put out on a record. this is the poetry of a ten year old.

tho a little extreme, you have a good point here...i dont get how people think this song is good in any aspect of it..lyrically its brutal

and someone mentioned singing along to this song at the show, does that come with milk and cookies and coloring books?
  • Options
    PJammin' wrote:
    pjalive21 wrote:

i would rather that be their thought process than thinking they actually put out a good song...lol
  • Options
    redeyeredeye Posts: 620
    i agree with op at least, i aint feeling the fixer, yet.....but it took me aboout three years to love advocado
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd wrote:

i guess if you feel guilty for liking bubblegum you could see it that way....but no..it wasn't.

oye ve.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    pjalive21 wrote:
    PJammin' wrote:
    pjalive21 wrote:

i would rather that be their thought process than thinking they actually put out a good song...lol

well, you better get used to it. it's going to be a pop hit. :lol:

get your money ready because you'll be buying the album with this "bad" song on it. ;)
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Don't automatically assume the album will be trash because of The Fixer! Even if you don't like Got Some as well; what you need to listen (or at least read the lyrics for) is The End. The End is absolutely amazing. If you like Inside Job, at least the intensity and meaning of it, you'll like The End. Unknown Thought is an excellent song as well; if you're disappointed about The Fixer, find either or both of these songs (or at least read the lyrics) and you shouldn't be disappointed about Backspacer anymore.
    good point here,,
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”