Options

Seattle Pearl Jam Pre-Parties, Fundraisers & Afterparties!

Comments

• Options
    romajoromajo Posts: 16
    2 coming from Illinois
  • Options
    WashmyLUVWashmyLUV Posts: 102
    I am kind of wondering about Easy Street records. Do you think that it might be a good place to check out on the day of the release? Or just make sure to patronize before we leave the city?

My wife and I will be getting in around noon on Sunday and HAVE to see some sights before we get wrapped up in the shows and such. What do we need to see on such limited time? We will be afoot too, so just stuff around Seattle Center is probably the limit.

I think the Ducks is a go, depending on what day you decide. Is the Project Experience a needed stop?

Have you been to Seattle before? If not, you should for sure hit up Pikes Place and Pioneer Square. It is not that long of a walk from the city center area and is very well worth it!! This is a beautiful city! :D
  • Options
    down_skidown_ski Posts: 328
    2 Coming from Missoula, MT.
  • Options
    bwordbword Posts: 74
    the one good thing about the restaurant/bar at the best western vs. a dedicated bar is that those under 21 would be able to participate at the BW because of the restaurant....and those over 21 can still have a few drinks. under 21 would be left out at a bar. the more people that can be included the better. yeah?

Good point!!!
    Ripple in still water when there is no pebble tossed nor wind to blow...
  • Options
    scressscress Posts: 1
    Scress +3
    Leash
  • Options
    FuhrawzFuhrawz Posts: 82
    the one good thing about the restaurant/bar at the best western vs. a dedicated bar is that those under 21 would be able to participate at the BW because of the restaurant....and those over 21 can still have a few drinks. under 21 would be left out at a bar. the more people that can be included the better. yeah?

Precisely.
  • Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965

I am in agreeance with you.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,646
    imalive plus 4 or 5. I'll be there both nights.........................unless I get drunk and make a fool of myself on the 21st.
    Here is what I see. 200 boozing people who want to be able to leave the bar, walk over and get their 10c tixs, and then come back to pound a few more. Then they'd want to leave a bit early for merch and/or Ben Harper. Keeping the beneficiary in mind, we need people, proximity, and time.

P.S. Ozzie's sounds perfectly fine, esp. w/the commitment to the charity. It should only smell like vomit if we're puking. Personally, I don't plan on that :mrgreen: . What's wrong with a semi-dive, anyway? The Opus was nice, but the bottled beers were seven friggin dollars :shock: ! STONEd and dAMENT-ED has done his homework, IMHO.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Is it Ozzies then Laura?
  • Options
    I'll be there +1 on the second night.
  • Options
    j_web18j_web18 Posts: 186
    Hoping to make it to @ least one of the nights, coming in from St Louis! BTW, if anyone wants to take in the USC/UW game or the M's/Yanks game, check out my other thread:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=105045
    4-22-2003 St Louis, 10-5-2004 St Louis, 5-16/17-2006 Chicago, 6-24-2006 Cincinnati, 8-5-2007 Lollapalooza, 6-14-2008 Bonnaroo, 8-22-2008 EV Chicago, 6-18-2009 EV Nashville, 8-23/24-2009 Chicago, 9-21-22-2009 Seattle, 5-4-2010 St Louis, 5-7-2010 Indy, 7-1/2011 EV St Louis, 9-3-2011 Alpine, 7-19-2013 Wrigley
  • Options
    Just as a reminder...UNDER 21 OKAY AT OZZIE'S UNTIL 9pm which makes it inclusive for everyone. I am meeting with the folks at TS McHughs this week and will make a decision if it will be at Ozzie's or TS McHughs.
  • Options
    morgie2morgie2 Posts: 1,065
    Just as a reminder...UNDER 21 OKAY AT OZZIE'S UNTIL 9pm which makes it inclusive for everyone. I am meeting with the folks at TS McHughs this week and will make a decision if it will be at Ozzie's or TS McHughs.

Thanks for all your hard work on this!! (you too Foxy Mop!!)
    Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
    Hartford 10 Boston 10 Wrigley 13 Worcester I 13 Worcester II 13 Hartford 13
    NYC I 16 NYC II 16 Fenway I 16 Fenway II 16  Fenway 1 18  Fenway II 18
    E.V. Boston II 08 E.V. Albany II 09 E.V. Providence 11, E.V. Boston 11
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • Options
    brucebruce Posts: 384
    I'm sure I'll be going to both events but shouldn't we organize something for Sunday too? It doesn't have to be a big charity event but something on Alki with a guitar and some beers should be in order.........orrrrrr maybe there will be a warm up show at the Showbox?????????
    Writing checks that others pay.....

• Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    I'll be there of course :-)

Will see after the Euro leg what I'm donating.
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,818
    kkasman wrote:
    I'll be there +2

woot woot

Added!
    Rossum20 wrote:
    I'll be there from Istanbul +1! (although originally from NY)

Added!
    put me down foxy!

restlesssoul and Born.Mine.Die

we will be dontaing 2 ladies t-shirts and one stickman nightlight thus far. more to come in the form of posters most likely. i cant wait for this...

Added you both and your raffle donations... stickman nightlight?? Can't wait to see it :) Thanks!!

yahamita wrote:
    Of the girl wonder will be there both nights! Looking forward to seeing my Wonder Woman again! YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see both you ladies again!! And Toby too, of course :D
    Lizard wrote:
    I plan on being there (+1)

Gotcha!
    I'll be there with bells on +1

Added!
    tremors wrote:
    I'll try and make it to one of the nights with one local friend if I can. Am yet to book my flight from UK, but surely a minor detail! I rode that damned duckbus last time I was in town (07?) great fun, got a bit queasy tho! I have a yellow duck-beak whistle I can donate. Or how about a very very worn 'World Jam' T-shirt, once white, now kinda grey. Would part with it if it made someone much happier than me, otherwise will keep hold!! You tell me.

Added you both tentatively! As long as the t-shirt doesn't have any major stains or holes, I don't think anyone would mind a little discoloration.. yay duck-beak whistle!
    coachchris wrote:
    Myself and Mrs. Coach will be there both nights! ;) Can't wait till things are set in stone, it
    will only increase my excitement level :o

Added, as long as you don't make any of us do jumping jacks!
    NYbenben wrote:
    Now were talkin!!! I will be ther +1... very mch looking forward to the show... I will be In for Seattle 2.

Added!
    Nastasja wrote:
    I will be there both nights!

Addificiation!
    romajo wrote:
    2 coming from Illinois

RSVP'ed
    down_ski wrote:
    2 Coming from Missoula, MT.

Listed
    scress wrote:
    Scress +3

Got all three of you!
    imalive wrote:
    imalive plus 4 or 5. I'll be there both nights.........................unless I get drunk and make a fool of myself on the 21st.
    S.O. wrote:
    I'll be there +1 on the second night.

Added to the 2nd night!
    j_web18 wrote:
    Hoping to make it to @ least one of the nights, coming in from St Louis!

Added
    bruce wrote:
    I'm sure I'll be going to both events

Added
    Pegasus wrote:
    I'll be there of course :-)

Will see after the Euro leg what I'm donating.

Added! Awesome for the donations :D

phew.. sorry for the long list. Wanted to make sure I got everyone. If I missed you, please say so!
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    jambayleafjambayleaf Posts: 646
    My wife and I for both nights. We are in! Coming from Iowa, and Night 2 is my birthday!!!!!!
    So now I'm drivin the bus- Kramer
    You're batman!- George
    Yeah...yeah...I AM batman!!- Kramer
  • Options
    Is it Ozzies then Laura?

Well with the exception of that McHughs place S&A was checking out, that seems to be the best option. Between you and him I'm pretty confident on it being good for all of us! Let's find out what S&A has to say about the other place and finally get this thing finalized!
    I am kind of wondering about Easy Street records. Do you think that it might be a good place to check out on the day of the release? Or just make sure to patronize before we leave the city?

My wife and I will be getting in around noon on Sunday and HAVE to see some sights before we get wrapped up in the shows and such. What do we need to see on such limited time? We will be afoot too, so just stuff around Seattle Center is probably the limit.

I think the Ducks is a go, depending on what day you decide. Is the Project Experience a needed stop?
    bruce wrote:
    I'm sure I'll be going to both events but shouldn't we organize something for Sunday too? It doesn't have to be a big charity event but something on Alki with a guitar and some beers should be in order.........orrrrrr maybe there will be a warm up show at the Showbox?????????

I'm totally down for that! If the release date is still the 21st, I was thinking we could all do an Alkai beach party Sunday evening, then head over to Easy Street for a midnight release if they are still doing it. Earlier that day we could meet for the Ride the Ducks in the AM or afternoon, based on whatever you guys wanted to do? :D
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    jambayleaf wrote:
    My wife and I for both nights. We are in! Coming from Iowa, and Night 2 is my birthday!!!!!!

Got you and the missus added - what a great birthday night!! :D
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    I'll be there!!!!!! wooohooo....there'll be 4-5 of us (incl SOLAT319, LukinTimer and Lori and one of Selin's friends)
    we're staying at the Renaissance Marriott...
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    I will be there +1 one or both nights.
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    me and my lady will be at at least one of the preparties ... not sure which, assuming both for now.

fyi ... I posted a thread about a airfare sale at Virgin Airlines ... booked round trip tickets from SFO to SEA for $138, which INCLUDED taxes ... check their site for cheap airfare!!!

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=105128
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Volunteers:
    Night 1: Foxy Mop, STONEd and dAMENT-ED, vedderfan, CCnyc
    Night 2: Foxy Mop, vedderfan, CCnyc

Dates:
    Monday, September 21
    Tuesday, September 22

Time:
    Monday: TBA
    Tuesday: TBA

Where:
    TBA

Beneficiary:
    TBA

Fundraiser Gift w/Donation Items:
    • T-shirts
    • Wristbands
    • Stadium cups
    • Stickers
    • Keychains
    • Mousepads
    • Wishlist art prints
    • Ticket albums
    • Posters

Fundraiser Raffle/Auction Items:
    • Package of goodies from Greece, donated by dimitrispearljam
    • Ride The Ducks duck-beak whistle, donated by tremors
    • World Jam t-shirt, donated by tremors
    • LBC Hoodie, donated by PJ_kidd_9-21-22
    • T-shirt, ladies, donated by restlesssoul
    • Stickman night light, donated by restlesssoul
    • T-shirt, ladies, donated by restlesssoul
    • Poster, donated by STONEd and dAMENT-ED's friend Scott
    • 2006 Euro Eyeball poster by Klausen, donated by EquallyWorthless
    • 2008 Bonnaroo poster, donated by EquallyWorthless
    • 2008 Washington DC official bootleg, donated by haffajappa
    • Donate items now!

Raffle Ticket Donation Prices:
    3 tickets for $5
    8 tickets for $10

Raffle/Auction Donations Needed!
    If you have official t-shirts, posters, stickers or any other cool PJ related stuff you'd like to donate, please send a PM! No bootleg items, please.

Chocolate For Change™
    Chocolate For Change™ is a New York City based company that creates chocolate bars packaged in unique wrappers. Each Chocolate For Change bar is designed with a specific cause, organization or charity in mind. The mission of Chocolate for Change is to educate the public and raise funds for issues that are close to our hearts and benefit humanity. Proceeds are donated to a variety of organizations. We are committed to causes that not only require our dollars, but also our attention and dedication to make a positive change in the world around us. We can't change the world overnight, but we can make a difference (one bite at a time).

Night One RSVP:
    1. anotherclone
    2. anotherclone + 1
    3. Blind3
    4. Born.Mine.Die
    5. bruce
    6. BustedDownPretext
    7. BustedDownPretext + 1
    8. Chip
    9. Chip +1
    10. coachchris
    11. Mrs. coachchris
    12. CCnyc
    13. down_ski
    14. down_ski +1
    15. Eduardo Veduardo.
    16. EquallyWorthless
    17. fifthelement
    18. fifthelement + 1
    19. FnCircus
    20. force-10
    21. force-10 + 1
    22. Foxy Mop
    23. Fuhgawz
    24. Given to...
    25. Given to... + 1
    26. glorified K
    27. glorified K +1
    28. haffajappa
    29. Hinn (The Mullet)
    30. Horse2345
    31. Horse2345 + 3
    32. Horse2345 +1
    33. Horse2345 +2
    34. hsh
    35. hsh +1
    36. imalive
    37. imalive +1
    38. imalive +2
    39. imalive +3
    40. imalive +4
    41. itsevolution..baby
    42. itsevolution..baby +1
    43. j_web18 ?
    44. jambayleaf (birthday boy!)
    45. Mrs. jambayleaf
    46. kkasman
    47. kkasman +1
    48. KingJeremy
    49. Lizard
    50. Lizard +1
    51. LOV2ROCK
    52. lucehifener
    53. LukinTimer
    54. marcPJfan
    55. MarvelousMan
    56. mauilori
    57. Morgie2
    58. Morgie2 + 1
    59. Mr. Of The Girl Wonder
    60. ms.honeymeister
    61. Nastasja
    62. NYbenben
    63. NYbenben +1
    64. Of The Girl Wonder
    65. Of The Girl Wonder +1
    66. Of The Girl Wonder +2
    67. Of The Girl Wonder +3
    68. Okum
    69. pearljgirl2010
    70. Pegasus
    71. PJPat
    72. restlesssoul
    73. rattzey
    74. romajo
    75. romajo +1
    76. Rossum20
    77. Rossum20 +1
    78. scress +1
    79. scress +2
    80. scress +3
    81. South of Seattle
    82. STONEd and dAMENT-ED
    83. tremors ?
    84. tremors +1 ?
    85. Up Here In My Tree
    86. wolfbear
    87. wolfbear + 1
    88. yahamita
    89. zootown
    90. zootown + 1

Night 2 ONLY RSVP:
    1. S.O.
    2. S.O. +1
    3. For the people who will ONLY be going to night 2, so the list doesn't get astronomically large

Hotel
    http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102794

Ride the Ducks! Group Rate
    • Foxy Mop
    • MarvelousMan
    • Chip
    • Chip +1

Facebook Group:

Facebook Night 1 Event RSVP Page:

Facebook Night 2 Event RSVP Page:

Touring Fans Seat Tracker
    Log into http://touringfans.net and check out where you may fit into the seating equation!

Post your RSVP here! Hope to see lots of you there! :D

Check this 1st post, which will stay updated :)

Laura :D
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options

That's great, man. This way, a lot of people can attend the pre-party. You're doing a great job.
  • Options

i thought someone said under 21 was restricted to the karaoke room where the raffle stuff would be set up
    Shows:
  • Options
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Is it Ozzies then Laura?

Well with the exception of that McHughs place S&A was checking out, that seems to be the best option. Between you and him I'm pretty confident on it being good for all of us! Let's find out what S&A has to say about the other place and finally get this thing finalized!

bruce wrote:

I'm totally down for that! If the release date is still the 21st, I was thinking we could all do an Alkai beach party Sunday evening, then head over to Easy Street for a midnight release if they are still doing it. Earlier that day we could meet for the Ride the Ducks in the AM or afternoon, based on whatever you guys wanted to do? :D

Isn't Backspacer releasing on the 20th and wouldn't that be Sunday? In that case, the Alki hang out should take place on Saturday if we wanna head out to Easy Street at midnight, right? Oh, Foxy Mop, you're doing a great job!
  • Options

i thought someone said under 21 was restricted to the karaoke room where the raffle stuff would be set up

Yeah, I remember reading something like that as well. I remember reading that most of the part of the venue will be for people over twenty one except for this one room/patio.
  • Options
    jambayleafjambayleaf Posts: 646
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    jambayleaf wrote:

Got you and the missus added - what a great birthday night!! :D

I know!!! Happy birthday to me!!!!!!! So f-ing pumped. Pearl Jam, in Seattle, on my birthday. What a dream. Like the "birthday boy". Thanks.
    So now I'm drivin the bus- Kramer
    You're batman!- George
    Yeah...yeah...I AM batman!!- Kramer
  • Options
    hell_man_madehell_man_made Toronto Posts: 318
    myself +1 are in for night 2...
    Vancouver 1998, Seattle 2000, Seattle 2002, Vancouver 2003, Vancouver 2005, The Gorge 2006, Seattle 2 2009, Vancouver 2009, Ridgefield/Portland 2009, PJ20, Saskatoon 2011, Vancouver 2011, Buffalo 2013, Detroit 2014, Chicago/Wrigley August 2016

Ed: Seattle 1 & 2 2011, Bridge School 2011
  • Options
    Fuhgawz wrote:

Yeah, I remember reading something like that as well. I remember reading that most of the part of the venue will be for people over twenty one except for this one room/patio.

Yah so everyone under 21 would be in that one room and everyone else would be in the bar LoL doesn't seem worth it for those under 21 to go in that case
    Shows: