Options

Seattle Pearl Jam Pre-Parties, Fundraisers & Afterparties!

Comments

• Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,818
    haffajappa wrote:
    so we're not supposed to donate bootlegs?

We can accept official bootlegs :ugeek: :mrgreen: :ugeek:
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    OTOTOOTOTO New York, NY Posts: 190
    Myself +1 for both nights.
    "You Can't be Neutral on a Moving Train"
  • Options
    myself +1.

my wife and i will be visiting seattle for the first time (from indy) to spend our 1 year anniversary with pj and you guys. can't wait.
  • Options
    not sure if you settled on a place yet or not, but the funhouse http://www.thefunhouseseattle.com/ is located across the street from the best western, on the way toward key arena. it's a cool place and it looks like their calendar is open for 9/21 and 9/22. not sure what capacity is. but it is convenient and just smells like beer...no piss or vomit. ;)
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:
    so we're not supposed to donate bootlegs?

We can accept official bootlegs :ugeek: :mrgreen: :ugeek:
    :)
    well so far i have a '08 bootleg from Washington DC (official)
    i'm trying to see what else i can donate but i dont have much! :(

hopefully i can come up with something!!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,942
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Ryan, did we ever figure out the age policy of Ozzie's pre-show?
    Just spoke to the GM...Age 21+ only required after 9 p.m. but he did mention that under 21+ would be confined to the karaoke room which is where we plan on setting up the tables for raffle/auction items. I can't see that being much fun but it depends on how you'd like to spend your time I guess.

I also just got their green light on opening the entire bar, including upstairs and their outside deck area. The GM of Ozzie's said he could handle 300 people quite easily. This is going to be a killer time!!!

Yay :D That'll make PJ_Kidd happy :D
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    *****TWEET****,little birdy goes to Seattle.. ;)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    kkasmankkasman Posts: 47
    I'll be there +2

woot woot
  • Options
    not sure if you settled on a place yet or not, but the funhouse http://www.thefunhouseseattle.com/ is located across the street from the best western, on the way toward key arena. it's a cool place and it looks like their calendar is open for 9/21 and 9/22. not sure what capacity is. but it is convenient and just smells like beer...no piss or vomit. ;)

Sounds great. I appreciate all of the suggestions. Okum also suggested T.S. McHughs which looks like it can handle parties up to 250 people. I will check that out as well as The Funhouse (hopefully this weekend). Just hope to find the best place that is closest to the Key, can hold a lot of people, has good food and drinks, and people will like...no pressure. Anyway, you can't make everyone happy but I'm trying my best!!!
  • Options
    one other possibility...probably THE most convenient.... the best western itself has a restaurant (Brella's) and bar/lounge...from the sounds of things they may even have an extra area with a big screen TV that could be used for video watching. :) they have been very receptive to the PJ folks thus far, so they might be able to give you a hook-up on food and drink specials for a charity event. here is a link to the hotel... http://www.bestwesternwashington.com/hotels/best-western-executive-inn/.

you may want to check with Mensane who started the BW hotel thread...she works there and might be able to arrange something for/with you.
  • Options
    morgie2morgie2 Posts: 1,065
    bump
    Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
    Hartford 10 Boston 10 Wrigley 13 Worcester I 13 Worcester II 13 Hartford 13
    NYC I 16 NYC II 16 Fenway I 16 Fenway II 16  Fenway 1 18  Fenway II 18
    E.V. Boston II 08 E.V. Albany II 09 E.V. Providence 11, E.V. Boston 11
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • Options
    Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    I'll be there from Istanbul +1! (although originally from NY)
  • Options
    marcPJfanmarcPJfan Austin, TX Posts: 807
    I haven't been to any of the possible places but T.S. McHughs looks like it's only a couple blocks from Key Arena. Seems like the most convenient for those of us that like to pick up our tickets as soon as the 10c window opens and head back to the bar until show time.

Edit: Nm. Looks like Ozzie's is just as close. Whatever you decide I'm sure it'll be perfect.
    09/16/95, 09/16/96, 06/29/98, 07/02/98, 07/05/98, 09/08/98, 09/10/98, 09/11/98, 09/18/98, 09/19/98, 06/13/99, 10/30/99, 10/31/99, 05/29/00, 05/30/00, 10/14/00, 10/17/00, 10/18/00, 11/05/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/06/02, 04/05/03, 04/06/03, 06/09/03, 10/22/03, 09/24/04, 05/12/06, 05/13/06, 05/27/06, 05/28/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 06/11/08, 06/12/08, 08/01/08, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 10/04/09, 05/03/10, 05/04/10, 05/06/10, 05/07/10, 07/02/11, 09/03/11, 09/04/11, 10/23/11, 11/15/13, 11/16/13, 10/19/14, 10/25/14, 10/26/14, 11/28/15, 04/23/16, 08/05/16, 08/07/16, 09/09/17, 08/18/18, 09/02/18, 09/04/18, 10/01/21, 10/02/21, 05/06/22, 05/07/22, 05/12/22, 05/13/22, 08/31/23, 09/02/23, 09/13/23, 09/15/23, 09/18/23, 09/19/23
  • Options
    marcPJfan wrote:
    I haven't been to any of the possible places but T.S. McHughs looks like it's only a couple blocks from Key Arena. Seems like the most convenient for those of us that like to pick up our tickets as soon as the 10c window opens and head back to the bar until show time.

Edit: Nm. Looks like Ozzie's is just as close. Whatever you decide I'm sure it'll be perfect.

Thanks...I agree. It's the people, not the place anyway! TS and Ozzies are both incredibly close to the Key.

Mensane's offer for the Best Western restaurant/bar is super nice but I want feedback from everyone on that...I just feel like a dedicated bar has a better feel for folks coming in from out of town. Anyone else? If the majority feels the same I'm going to try and ween it down by Monday to either Ozzie's or T.S. McHugh's. I will (again) say that Ozzie's is donating 25% of food sales and $1 from drink specials to CCFA. There is no cover charge but we would be doing a $5 suggested donation at the doors which would go directly to CCFA. That said, I would almost want to have the TS McHugh's folks on board with that in an effort to make the fundraiser super successful. p.s.- I'm not diggin' on The Funhouse. That place scares the shit out of me.
  • Options

As long as no one is scared of clowns. Ha.

It's not a bad place. They have an outdoor area with a basketball court and picnic tables, so in the unfortunate instance that a shitty band is playing, we could always go outside. As you've said, it's quite close to Key Arena.
    Austin - Sep 16, 1995, Dallas - Jul 05, 1998, San Francisco - Jul 15, 2006, San Francisco - Jul 16, 2006, San Francisco - Jul 18, 2006, Portland - Jul 20, 2006, The Gorge - Jul 22, 2006, The Gorge - Jul 23, 2006, Seattle - Sep 21, 2009, Seattle - Sep 22, 2009, Portland - Sep 26, 2009, Philadelphia - Oct 31, 2009

• Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    put me down foxy!

restlesssoul and Born.Mine.Die

we will be dontaing 2 ladies t-shirts and one stickman nightlight thus far. more to come in the form of posters most likely

i cant wait for this...
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    Of the girl wonder will be there both nights! Looking forward to seeing my Wonder Woman again! YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    yahamita wrote:
    Of the girl wonder will be there both nights! Looking forward to seeing my Wonder Woman again! YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    love the exitment!!!!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    I plan on being there (+1)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    I'll be there with bells on +1
    What ain't a country I ever heard of. Do they speak English in what?
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    I'll try and make it to one of the nights with one local friend if I can. Am yet to book my flight from UK, but surely a minor detail! I rode that damned duckbus last time I was in town (07?) great fun, got a bit queasy tho! I have a yellow duck-beak whistle I can donate. Or how about a very very worn 'World Jam' T-shirt, once white, now kinda grey. Would part with it if it made someone much happier than me, otherwise will keep hold!! You tell me.

t
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    coachchriscoachchris Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada Posts: 749
    Myself and Mrs. Coach will be there both nights! ;) Can't wait till things are set in stone, it will only increase my excitement level :o
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    put me down foxy!

restlesssoul and Born.Mine.Die

we will be dontaing 2 ladies t-shirts and one stickman nightlight thus far. more to come in the form of posters most likely

i cant wait for this...
    woooooooooot :)
    can't wait to party with you guys!!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    rattzeyrattzey Posts: 877
    edited July 2009
    The funhouse is a freakin dive but it has cheap Patron and beer there. We went there after the Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds show and saw one of the worst bands I have ever seen in my life, they were called Anal Blast...no I am not kidding and they were brutal and the bar was not much better. The bar inside the Best Western looks nice though
    Post edited by rattzey on
    Walkin on a slippery sidewalk listening to P.J
  • Options
    NYbenbenNYbenben Posts: 1,020
    Now were talkin!!! I will be ther +1... very mch looking forward to the show... I will be In for Seattle 2.
    4/12/92, 8/11/92, 9/28/96, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 7/9/03, 4/30/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 12/9/05, 5/12/06, 5/17/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 12/9/06, EV LA 4/12-4/13/08, 6/12/08, 6,19,08, 6,20,08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 7/1/08

and still jonesing for another show....
    "the waiting drove me mad..."
  • Options
    the one good thing about the restaurant/bar at the best western vs. a dedicated bar is that those under 21 would be able to participate at the BW because of the restaurant....and those over 21 can still have a few drinks. under 21 would be left out at a bar. the more people that can be included the better. yeah?
  • Options
    NastasjaNastasja Posts: 9,668
    I will be there both nights!
    You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets,
    Or you can come to terms and realize
    You're the only one who can't forgive yourself
  • Options
    Laura,

Ozzie's is a dump and it smells like Vinegar and Vomit. The service there also blows. With how many people that are probably going to show up, it might not be the best place to have it at.

Although on the plus side, we can be as rowdy as we want there probably. :mrgreen:
    Hola! Yah, I know what you mean about Ozzie's not being the finest smelling/looking bar in Seattle but we (some friends/volunteers and I) went down to Lower Queen Anne last Wednesday night to check it out. Ozzie's can accommodate us for both nights, has the occupancy we would need, and is super close to the Key. We were not able to find any other place that meet these criteria. The owners have embraced the benefit and have already commited 25% of food sales and $1/drink special to the charity. Any other ideas I'm cool with too...I'm Open :mrgreen:

i agree 100%. Peso's is no good. The Funhouse is too much of a show venue. Sport is close by but too highend. I love The Great Nabob but don't think it can hold everyone and isn't that great for setting up the raffle items. I nominate The Nabob for an aftershow meetup on Tuesday maybe.
  • Options
    yahamita wrote:

Yay!!!! Can't wait! The Wonders will be there plus at least 3 each night but maybe more like 6.

Do you think our seats be next to each other again? Is Maggie coming out? I haven't asked her.
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,982
    I am kind of wondering about Easy Street records. Do you think that it might be a good place to check out on the day of the release? Or just make sure to patronize before we leave the city?

My wife and I will be getting in around noon on Sunday and HAVE to see some sights before we get wrapped up in the shows and such. What do we need to see on such limited time? We will be afoot too, so just stuff around Seattle Center is probably the limit.

I think the Ducks is a go, depending on what day you decide. Is the Project Experience a needed stop?
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06