Options

Seattle Pearl Jam Pre-Parties, Fundraisers & Afterparties!

Comments

• Options
    Hinn wrote:
    Lisa, what bus is the right one to take from Pike Place to West Seattle/Easy Street? I'd ask Einat, but she'd probably lead me the wrong way 8-)

Pity I'll miss the beach party cos of the night arrival.

Hi Hinn,

Let me know when/how you're arriving in the city! Best way to get to Easy Street WS from Pike Place is to go up to 3rd Ave & Pike and take metro #54 White Center or #55 Admiral (55 only leaves from this stop until 6:30 on Sat but the #54 goes till just after 1AM). They both literally drops you off right beside the beautiful wall of PJ in the TEN pose on the side of Easy Street!

I'm a little worried to about # of people and size of the store (but I worry about everything)! I'll go up and see if I can talk to Adam on Monday and see what the situation is. There are a few bars 'right there' so we'll have some kind of a 'backup plan' in place in case people get shut out of the ES event. At least that way anyone who doesn't get in will know where to find others that are SOL. Hopefully none of us will be!!!!

Lisa
    Exercising her will to lose control...
    she lets go
  • Options
    force-10 wrote:
    Hey everyone! Excited as hell for the upcoming seattle events. I will also be flying to seattle. Forget the bus schedules on the metro website:

http://transit.metrokc.gov/tops/bus/nei ... attle.html

These are only good thru sept 18. I just received a reply from their customer service and it seems that the routes that takes us from seatac to downtown seattle are going to have major changes. Beware. The light rail train seems to be a better option, but we will have to wait until the 19th to have better info.

I´ll be walking very late after 10 pm at the benaroya hall area. Is it dangerous? Is this area crowded every day?

Hi! I'm not sure what Metro is doing with regular routes to downtown? and I'm also not sure when the light rail starts going from Seatac (as of now I don't believe the line is running all the way out there?)

Benaroya is on 3rd Ave and right at one of the Major Transit Stops downtown. There are pretty much always lots of people there from early morning to late night. I have no qualms whatsoever about being in the area on my own.

If I can help you with more specific transit info... feel free to ask and I'll do what I can :) Metro schedule changes should be posted online somewhat in advance of changes.

Lisa
    she lets go
  • Options
    force-10force-10 Posts: 794
    edited September 2009
    Post edited by force-10 on
    IN THE DARK, ALL CATS ARE BLACK.
  • Options
    I've just scrolled through here and I don't see what time the preparty is at on the 21st. Did I miss it somewhere?

Everything is on the 1st page of the thread and is updated periodically. Both pre-parties kick off at 2 p.m.
    See you there!!!

geeze loueeze. I didn't notice that. I guess it was just too obvious for me. :D Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

I swear to God, if I had a babysitter, I'd be there sooner. It sucks that all we can do is Monday-Tuesday. It looks like you guys are going to have a lot of fun. Color me jealous.
  • Options
    I'll be driving up from Portland with a friend. Does anyone have suggestions for a place to crash at night? And by that I mean a place I can put up a tent or a place I can safely sleep in my car. I'm young and broke and have no standards, thus I'm willing to crash anywhere that is free. I was just wondering if there was a place I could park that would be safe or somewhat secluded.

Thanks!

Also, how exactly do you use touring fans to determine whereabouts you will be sitting? I see that there are Approx 1,219 seats listed as sold - and I am tenc number 420,000 ish . . . but other than knowing that my number is really high, I have no idea what that means.

Thanks and sorry for my ignorance!
  • Options
    Just wishful thinking...

but I can't help but notice ...

still Nothing on the Calendar for Sept/20 ...

at the Showbox ;)

http://www.showboxonline.com/market/events.php
    she lets go
  • Options
    morgie2morgie2 Posts: 1,065
    jamainiac wrote:
    Just wishful thinking...

at the Showbox ;)

Thanks, another thing to obsess over!! Play the Showbox on the 20th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
    Hartford 10 Boston 10 Wrigley 13 Worcester I 13 Worcester II 13 Hartford 13
    NYC I 16 NYC II 16 Fenway I 16 Fenway II 16  Fenway 1 18  Fenway II 18
    E.V. Boston II 08 E.V. Albany II 09 E.V. Providence 11, E.V. Boston 11
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • Options
    jamainiac wrote:
    Just wishful thinking...

at the Showbox ;)

You said "wishful thinking". If something like this were to come to fruition, how would we know about it? The very thought of this makes me excited. The Showbox is a great venue.
  • Options
    Damn you!!! hopefully get word at the RELEASE party!!!
    Walk Tall, Kick Ass, Learn to Speak Arabic, Love Music, and Never Forget You Come From a Long Line of Truth Seekers, Lovers, and Warriors. HST

CHILLIN LIKE BOB DYLAN!!!
  • Options
    jamainiac wrote:
    Just wishful thinking...

at the Showbox ;)

You said "wishful thinking". If something like this were to come to fruition, how would we know about it? The very thought of this makes me excited. The Showbox is a great venue.

Like I said... it's ABSOLUTELY 'Wishful Thinking'! I've been really fortunate at getting into some small/secret shows in Seattle over the past few years :) Only thing I go by is keep your ears open and don't be afraid to look like a fool... hanging around where something may or may not be happening... and you certainly do not have a ticket for :D

Aside from 'wishful thinking'... with all that's already scheduled... it's going to be one hell of a week!! I'm so excited about seeing frineds/fellow fans that I haven't seen in ages... I have to keep reminding myself that we're going to get the new album and actually SEE THE BAND!!!!
    she lets go
  • Options
    Hi Laura,

It's me Daniella from Brazil again....
    You can confirm my name on both pre-parties 21st. and 22nd in Seattle.

See you all there!
    take care
    kiss
    Daniella
    Daniella Duarte
    **Que Porra estávamos pensando?** EV São Paulo 03/12/05
  • Options
    Hey just a week for the trip!

Hope everything is doing great for everyone. I´ve been updated on bus routes in seattle. If anyone else is planning on riding the buses, note that the current schedules and routes will change this saturday. Great timing for the shows! :?

Here´s the changes made by the metro transit kids:

http://transit.metrokc.gov/up/sc/ridera ... anges.html

124 is the new bus that would take anyone from seatac to downtown. We just have to take a link connector from the airport to a station where we get on the 124.

Just take notice on friday or saturday for the actual schedules and stops and whatnot.

And another thing is that the sound transit train is another option. It seems that they do give transfers to metro buses for no additional charge also.
    IN THE DARK, ALL CATS ARE BLACK.
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    jamainiac wrote:
    Just wishful thinking...

at the Showbox ;)

Somebody better let me know if something like that happens! Not being able to go to one of these "not-so-secret" shows because you're about thousand miles away from Seattle is one thing but if I am there and this thing happens right under my nose, I'd just lay down and cry :D
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    Anyone arriving on Sunday?
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    toolietoolie Posts: 388
    I'll be there for night one, any plans for after the ball game on sunday? I keep hearing about the tractor tavern, that worth checking out? Whats the best place for seafood, any opinions??
  • Options
    Tractor Tavern is worth checking out. In my opinion you should go to Ray's on Shilshole for seafood.
    toolie wrote:
    I'll be there for night one, any plans for after the ball game on sunday? I keep hearing about the tractor tavern, that worth checking out? Whats the best place for seafood, any opinions??
  • Options
    BUMP!!!!! ONLY 1 WEEK TO GO!!!!
  • Options
    So when and where exactly is the preparty going to be for night 1 and 2. Dont feel like thumbing thru all these threads. I know of afew bars close to the key like floyds and stuff. Anyone know let me know thanks
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,813
    So when and where exactly is the preparty going to be for night 1 and 2. Dont feel like thumbing thru all these threads. I know of afew bars close to the key like floyds and stuff. Anyone know let me know thanks

Check the first post, which I've just updated!! :) It has all the details

Got in the new RSVPs, and going to jump into the PM's next.
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    It's just a week from today!!! :)
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    Hi Guys,

I spoke to Adam @ Easy Street WS today and he thinks we can get about 300 people in the store for the Sat/19th 'Listening Party/Meetup/Midnight Backspacer Sale'... so I really don't think there will be any worry of getting shut out. As a back up plan (and also an 'after Easy Street' meetup)...

http://www.westfive.com/

This is a great place just a few doors down from Easy Street. This will be the destination if you are shut out of ES/want to meet up after/rain puts out our fire on Alki beach and we need an alternate before ES!!

Very excited!! Can't wait to see all of you!!

Safe Travels!

Lisa
    she lets go
  • Options
    It's just a week from today!!! :)

I'm too psyched. I almost can't sleep at night thinking about Seattle.
    One man stands alone awaiting
    for her to come home
    eyes upon the horizon
    in the dark before the
    darkness leaves the dawn
  • Options
    BS90546BS90546 Toronto Posts: 143
    I have a pair of 10c tickets available for 9/22.

It is a newer membership FYI.
  • Options
    Foxy Mop wrote:

Check the first post, which I've just updated!! :) It has all the details

Got in the new RSVPs, and going to jump into the PM's next.

I guess i am blind if i am reading it right is it going to be at that t.s mchughs place and do i need to rsvp
  • Options
    see you in a week!!!!!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    Can you believe this?

Months ago my parents agreed to look after our dogs while we go on our 2-week PJ adventure...and then yesterday, my dad decides that he's going to take a fuckin' holiday starting tomorrow and they won't be back until the 23rd!! Now we're scrambling to find somewhere to leave the dogs for the 20/21/22!! I'm so f'n mad at my dad! He just doesn't seem to get the point of why we're mad...oh, and they want us to look after the cats while they're gone. Well, we won't even be here to look after them!

Oh and for my birthday on Friday, they gave me a Pilot rollerball pen. I would have preferred nothing...

There must have been a carbon monoxide leak in their house....

Hardly likely that 10 Club will let me transfer my tix for Seattle because I can't find a dog sitter (can't bring them with because they have no rabies shots)...

And then Patrick Swayze died today...and hubby's mom is going for angioplasty tomorrow... I just want to have a big fat cry and then carry on as before...
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Can you believe this?

Months ago my parents agreed to look after our dogs while we go on our 2-week PJ adventure...and then yesterday, my dad decides that he's going to take a fuckin' holiday starting tomorrow and they won't be back until the 23rd!! Now we're scrambling to find somewhere to leave the dogs for the 20/21/22!! I'm so f'n mad at my dad! He just doesn't seem to get the point of why we're mad...oh, and they want us to look after the cats while they're gone. Well, we won't even be here to look after them!

Oh and for my birthday on Friday, they gave me a Pilot rollerball pen. I would have preferred nothing...

Hardly likely that 10 Club will let me transfer my tix for Seattle because I can't find a dog sitter (can't bring them with because they have no rabies shots)...

And then Patrick Swayze died today...and hubby's mom is going for angioplasty tomorrow... I just want to have a big fat cry and then carry on as before...

Can't you leave you dog at a dog kennel for the weekend?
    NERDS!
  • Options
    Can you believe this?

:cry: that sucks
    you gotta know someone who can watch your dogs
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    Thanks you guys....we are so going to sort this out...

I hear my hubby on the phone with a lady who dog sits...I think we'll take them to her place...

It's tough, you know...I really don't want to PJ ahead of my dogs...but we've invested soooo much money in this whole thing....Lesson learned kiddies, when you grow up, your parents are quite unreliable... We'll be fine... :roll:
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Thanks you guys....we are so going to sort this out...

I hear my hubby on the phone with a lady who dog sits...I think we'll take them to her place...

It's tough, you know...I really don't want to PJ ahead of my dogs...but we've invested soooo much money in this whole thing....Lesson learned kiddies, when you grow up, your parents are quite unreliable... We'll be fine... :roll:

Don't blame your parents :twisted: They can't take care of us all the time :lol:
    NERDS!