Options

Seattle Pearl Jam Pre-Parties, Fundraisers & Afterparties!

Comments

• Options
    does anyone know how much a cab charges from tacoma to key arena?
    IN THE DARK, ALL CATS ARE BLACK.
  • Options
    force-10 wrote:
    A whole lot. Tacoma, if you're talking about downtown Tacoma, is probably an hour south of the Key Arena depending on traffic. If you're talking about Sea-Tac, that's not Tacoma and much closer to the Key Arena while still not being very close.
  • Options
    force-10 wrote:
    A whole lot. Tacoma, if you're talking about downtown Tacoma, is probably an hour south of the Key Arena depending on traffic. If you're talking about Sea-Tac, that's not Tacoma and much closer to the Key Arena while still not being very close.

Yeah, sorry i didn´t say airport. Do you know how much aprox.?

**I investigated the bus routes to get to the hotel (that´s a block from key arena) 174, to 3rd ave downtown, and then 15 or 18 to queen anne and mercer. Peace of cake. Just wondering how much a cab charges in case I will be needing one.
  • Options
    25 dollars from sea-tac
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,942
    morgie2 wrote:
    A few people have been thinking about going to the Mariners game on Sunday afternoon...anyone else interested???

I got my tickets already, but wouldn't mind meeting up with some fellow fans!

I've already got tickets as well :D
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    BigHub74 wrote:
    25 dollars from sea-tac

Thanks for the info. Will definitely take the bus! $1.75 ride. For everyone who is flying to seattle:

Bus 174: takes your from sea-tac airport to 3rd avenue (or 4th if the 3rd avenue tunnel is closed [after midnite]) and university street in downtown seattle.

In my case that I´m staying at an hotel in queen anne and republican st (a block west from key arena):

Bus 15 or 18: From 1st avenue and university street (downtown) to queen anne and mercer street (half a block away from the preparties). Seems like a piece of cake.

Check this site if your´re heading to a different address:

http://transit.metrokc.gov/tops/bus/nei ... attle.html
  • Options
    force-10 wrote:
    BigHub74 wrote:
    25 dollars from sea-tac

Thanks for the info. Will definitely take the bus! $1.75 ride. For everyone who is flying to seattle:
    Forget the bus, take the Link Light Rail: http://www.cityofseattle.net/transportation/lightrail.htm
    Fares: http://www.soundtransit.org/x8343.xml
  • Options
    force-10 wrote:
    BigHub74 wrote:
    25 dollars from sea-tac

Forget the bus, take the Link Light Rail: http://www.cityofseattle.net/transportation/lightrail.htm

should i do that to get back to the airport from downtown or should i just take a cab?
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • Options

should i do that to get back to the airport from downtown or should i just take a cab?
    A cab would be hella expensive. I'd think that would be a better option. What time and day do you fly out?
  • Options

A cab would be hella expensive. I'd think that would be a better option. What time and day do you fly out?

wednesday - 12:30 pm
  • Options
    force-10 wrote:
    BigHub74 wrote:
    25 dollars from sea-tac

But it seems that the section from the airport isn´t ready yet, according to your first link. Besides, the 174 route is the same as the LLR. It seems that when the train is ready to go, it will replace the bus route. Either way, it is the same fare.

Wait, no it isn´t. The bus only charges 1.75 even if you cross a two zone area. Which seems to be the case from the airport to downtown seattle. And another thing is that, like my case, when I get off at 3rd avenue I get a paper slip that allows me to get the second bus free of charge to my final destination. I think the train does not allow these transfers.

But, Crazy Marcus, correct me if I am wrong. You live there so you know better! And thanks for helping us out!
  • Options
    force-10 wrote:
    But it seems that the section from the airport isn´t ready yet, according to your first link. Besides, the 174 route is the same as the LLR. It seems that when the train is ready to go, it will replace the bus route. Either way, it is the same fare.

Wait, no it isn´t. The bus only charges 1.75 even if you cross a two zone area. Which seems to be the case from the airport to downtown seattle. And another thing is that, like my case, when I get off at 3rd avenue I get a paper slip that allows me to get the second bus free of charge to my final destination. I think the train does not allow these transfers.

But, Crazy Marcus, correct me if I am wrong. You live there so you know better! And thanks for helping us out!
    You are correct, it doesn't go all the way to the airport at this time but there is a shuttle that goes from the closest terminal to the airport. This is the schedule of the shuttle: http://www.soundtransit.org/Riding-Sound-Transit/Schedules-and-Facilities/Central-Link-Light-Rail/Link-Connector.xml Yes, it would cost you $2.50 I think instead of $1.75 but you'd be riding a train with less stops and it would be much faster and newer and nicer. Just my opinion. I haven't ridden it personally. ;)

P.S -- I do believe you can use transfers from the Link Light Rail to the bus system.
  • Options
    Nope... I don't think you can use Rail/Bus fares together... aside from that... the transit system is pretty good here :) Well.. as far as transit systems go!
    Exercising her will to lose control...
    she lets go
  • Options
    jamainiac - Every time I see your avatar with the kitteh wearing the Frankenstein thingy it cracks me up. It looks like the cat doesn't like it much or is saying "Get this fuckin thing off!" lol :lol:
  • Options
    hey, thanks to that last link (the drawing) I now know where to look for the bus or shuttle stop {at seatac}. The new train does seem tempting.
  • Options
    jamainiac - Every time I see your avatar with the kitteh wearing the Frankenstein thingy it cracks me up. It looks like the cat doesn't like it much or is saying "Get this fuckin thing off!" lol :lol:

It crack me up too, but the impression it gives me is more of a triumphant, Roger Daltry-esque "Yeeeeee-aaaaaahhhhhh!!!" :D
    There's a lot to be said for nowhere...
  • Options
    BUMP FOR DONATIONS AND A HAPPY REMINDER THAT WE ARE LESS THAN TWO WEEKS AWAY!!! I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE THAT IN LESS THAN 14 DAYS WE WILL HAVE A SHINY NEW ALBUM, TWO KICK-ASS PARTIES, AND TWO HOMETOWN SHOWS FROM THE BOYS.

CAPS LOCK IS ON CUZ YES, I'M YELLING!!!
    :mrgreen::mrgreen::lol::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    BUMP FOR DONATIONS AND A HAPPY REMINDER THAT WE ARE LESS THAN TWO WEEKS AWAY!!! I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE THAT IN LESS THAN 14 DAYS WE WILL HAVE A SHINY NEW ALBUM, TWO KICK-ASS PARTIES, AND TWO HOMETOWN SHOWS FROM THE BOYS.

Right on Ryan!!!!! Can't wait to get back to the Northwest :mrgreen:
    Honolulu Dec 2, 2006
    Seattle Sept 21 & 22 2009
    Portland Sept 26, 2009
    Madison Square Garden May 20 & 21, 2010
    Bridge School Oct 23 & 24, 2010
    Alpine Valley - PJ20 Sept 3 & 4, 2011
    DeLuna Sept 21, 2012
    Atlanta Sept 22, 2012
    Missoula Sept 30, 2012
    Wrigley Field July 19, 2013
    Portland Nov 29, 2013
    Spokane Nov 30, 2013
    Vancouver Dec 4, 2013
    Seattle Dec 6, 2013
    Tulsa Oct 8, 2014
    Lincoln Oct 9, 2014
    Telluride July 9, 2016
    Boston Aug 5 & 7, 2016
    Chicago 20 & 21, 2016
    New York Apr 7, 2017
    Seattle 8 & 10, 2018
    Missoula Aug 13, 2018
  • Options

out in the northwest, you got it good!
    a little soggy, but you got it good!!
  • Options

out in the northwest, you got it good!
    a little soggy, but you got it good!!

True, but can't help thinkin that i wish i would move my ass down to santa cruz!!!
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,651
    edited September 2009
    tickets sold,...
    Post edited by 100 Pacer on
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    True, but can't help thinkin that i wish i would move my ass down to santa cruz!!!

that WOULD be great, but right now, i'll settle for a few days backspacin' with y'all in the northwest. :D

oh, and neil young WILL be on the stereo...he comes along WHERE ever I go. (that pushed it over the top, huh? :oops: ) :D
  • Options
    josephinegalbo +1 for night 1
  • Options

:mrgreen::mrgreen:

this party is sounding so cool i think im gonna have to go
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    I have an extra 10 club ticket for night 2 in Seattle if anyone's interested 350XXX

Bill
  • Options
    My wife and I are coming to Seattle for both nights and would like to get tickets for 2 friends to join us one of the nights. I see several posts for selling tickets but do not know what "PM me" means. Sorry - I am computer challenged. But these tickets look better than the ones available on Ticketmaster.

How do I contact these folks to get the tickets?

We would like to come to preparties and make a cash donation for the scrap book. Also have some note cards that a friend made for me. They are 4"x5.5" and have the Back to Back picture on the front and are blank inside. Would that be a raffle item that you would be interested in?

Anyway, we are excired for the shows. Saw PJ last year in South Carolina, Eddie last year in Washington, Eddie this year - 2 nights in Atlanta (met him after night 1!!!!) and PJ in Toronto last month. Have yet to attend any other concert/band related events and are looking forward to meeting other fans.

Thanks to anyone who can help with tickets and who can respond about donations.
  • Options
    Making the trip from London, Ontario via Victoria, BC. There's two of us coming hopefully to the pre-party, would love to chat with you again Laura. It's been a long time since GR. We didn't make it to the pre-party in TO so we have to make these parties for sure!!!! Any kinds souls coming from Victoria and what are your logistical plans...planes,ferries, trains and automobiles???
    Peace,
    TUTMAN08 wrote:
    My wife and I are coming to Seattle for both nights and would like to get tickets for 2 friends to join us one of the nights. I see several posts for selling tickets but do not know what "PM me" means. Sorry - I am computer challenged. But these tickets look better than the ones available on Ticketmaster.

How do I contact these folks to get the tickets?

We would like to come to preparties and make a cash donation for the scrap book. Also have some note cards that a friend made for me. They are 4"x5.5" and have the Back to Back picture on the front and are blank inside. Would that be a raffle item that you would be interested in?

Anyway, we are excired for the shows. Saw PJ last year in South Carolina, Eddie last year in Washington, Eddie this year - 2 nights in Atlanta (met him after night 1!!!!) and PJ in Toronto last month. Have yet to attend any other concert/band related events and are looking forward to meeting other fans.

Hola! No worries...PM means Personal Message or Private Message. Do you see the little gray box by the user's avatar? LOL...There's another one for ya! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar_(computing). Click on the user's PM button and you can send them a personal message.

We are glad to accept the note cards as a donation! Thanks for the donation. See you at the parties!!!

Thanks to anyone who can help with tickets and who can respond about donations.
  • Options
    TUTMAN08!

I just sent you a PM :) If you look at the white bar near the top of the page when you login on the message pit, you'll see 'Edit Your Profile' '#New Messages' etc... Right now you should see '1 New Messages' click on it and you'll find one from me re: Scrapbook!

Lisa :)
    she lets go
  • Options
    Two Birds wrote:
    Making the trip from London, Ontario via Victoria, BC. There's two of us coming hopefully to the pre-party, would love to chat with you again Laura. It's been a long time since GR. We didn't make it to the pre-party in TO so we have to make these parties for sure!!!! Any kinds souls coming from Victoria and what are your logistical plans...planes,ferries, trains and automobiles???

Hi TB!

You can't beat the Victoria Clipper (walk on ferry from Downtown Victoria to Downtown Seattle) for convenience & price! Not really a 'luxury vessel' as they like to sell themselves ;) ... more like a greyhound on water IMO :p but a great service! They have really great prices on packages with transport + hotels too.

https://www.clippervacations.com/

Lisa :)
    she lets go