Options

Seattle Pearl Jam Pre-Parties, Fundraisers & Afterparties!

1121314151618»

Comments

• Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    imalive wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:
    Big round of applause for all the folks that worked hard to make these preparties happen.

+1

hope I didn't corner too many of you with a drunken story. I just lose my mind, leading up to a show. :mrgreen:

you were certainly feelin' it on night 2 ... :D;):lol:

nice to meet you, man.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    on behalf of my friend who came w/me to seattle, thanks for the flight to mars tshirt. he won it in the raffle. very well organized party. did not have a single beer, because i wanted to experience the shows fully aware of where i was. je je je. had a blast eating my burgers outside dick's after the second show, had a few laughs with some canadian/german/guatemalan/american style.

to the people in the car that pulled over a while outside dick's and yelled out funny stuff, if you are still in seattle or not> >> enjoy eating them sometime as well! :lol:

so did anyone here won the guatemalan bags we gave for the raffle? when i was waiting in line to buy a tshirt at key arena, i saw a dude wearing one, but i missed him later on. I hope the winners liked them and the tshirts fit fine for them.
    IN THE DARK, ALL CATS ARE BLACK.
  • Options
    bwordbword Posts: 74
    Great time and so much gratitude for all the organizers!!! Congrats on a job well done!
    Ripple in still water when there is no pebble tossed nor wind to blow...
  • Options
    NastasjaNastasja Posts: 9,668
    force-10 wrote:
    on behalf of my friend who came w/me to seattle, thanks for the flight to mars tshirt. he won it in the raffle. very well organized party. did not have a single beer, because i wanted to experience the shows fully aware of where i was. je je je. had a blast eating my burgers outside dick's after the second show, had a few laughs with some canadian/german/guatemalan/american style.

to the people in the car that pulled over a while outside dick's and yelled out funny stuff, if you are still in seattle or not> >> enjoy eating them sometime as well! :lol:

so did anyone here won the guatemalan bags we gave for the raffle? when i was waiting in line to buy a tshirt at key arena, i saw a dude wearing one, but i missed him later on. I hope the winners liked them and the tshirts fit fine for them.

I still have to figure out if Coke Zero does give one AIDS......
    Strange people in Seattle..... ;)

Likes our group. Next time it will be Canadians and Germans in Guatemala!
    You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets,
    Or you can come to terms and realize
    You're the only one who can't forgive yourself
  • Options
    Nastasja wrote:
    force-10 wrote:

Did someone say Coke Zero ??
    There's a lot to be said for nowhere...
  • Options
    Nastasja wrote:

Did someone say Coke Zero ??

yes.....my friends and me randomly got huge packs of coke zero after the show. We walked through the streets with them and encountered a weird guy who said that coke zero causes AIDS.....
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,921
    Thanks to all who organised the parties for a great time. Unfortunately, couldn't make it to the first pre-party, but the second one was fantastic. :D:D:D
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    By the way, my friend won the raffle for the PJ Stickman nightlight that someone made(?)

Here it is lit up (with her marble countertop as a backdrop) ... very cool ... props to whomever made it!!!

8126_169673906141_665771141_4210356_783979_n.jpg
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    Nastasja wrote:
    force-10 wrote:

hey nastasja! You, my friends, are more than welcome to come. You would not have to worry about hotels or hostels or street benches! I hope that pj comes sometime and then all of you would have to fly down to guatemala. Oh brother! Imagine our tenclub seats!!! We don't have coke zero, though. But we have tons of rum! ha ha ha.
    IN THE DARK, ALL CATS ARE BLACK.
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,813
    I always have a difficult time processing the pre-party experience and trying to convey them in writing, but I can't go without mentioning what an honor it is to be included in the Pearl Jam fan community.

Wanted to write something witty & touching, but it's just not going to happen because I'm incapable/overwhelmed. Witnessing the kindness and generosity in Chicago and Seattle... over $20,000 raised by fans in 4 days alone... just blows my mind. I guess I had doubted Chi would raise over 10k and never thought Seattle would raise even more than that - but ya did. Astounding. Seriously... I still can't believe it.

Thank you to all of the amazing volunteers we had in Sea... Lisa, Ryan, Sam, Janet, Brad, Liz, Eric, Kim, Carin, Jimmy, Scott, Bryon, Hubby and everyone else I forgot and who stepped in to help. You guys rocked it.

Love to you all...xoxoxoxo
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    force-10 wrote:

hey nastasja! You, my friends, are more than welcome to come. You would not have to worry about hotels or hostels or street benches! I hope that pj comes sometime and then all of you would have to fly down to guatemala. Oh brother! Imagine our tenclub seats!!! We don't have coke zero, though. But we have tons of rum! ha ha ha.

:D:D:D
    Rum would be cool. No one would tell us that rum causes AIDS :P

Let's start a petition 'Pearl Jam for Guatemala'!
    I'm the first to sign!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    so happy that people have great time..congrats
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    so happy that people have great time..congrats

I truly wish I could have met you Dimitris! Thank you so much for the "goodies" donated for the raffle! The party and fundraising efforts were a huge success and we had a blast doing it.

I will echo Foxy Mop's sentiments...

Thanks to all of the volunteers for the hard work and commitment at the events- you guys rocked!

To the awesome fans/supporters/donors who attended- thank you from the bottom of my heart for the tremendous support and generosity you showed.

This was my first time helping organize one of these and I am grateful to Laura and Lisa for being so dedicated and helpful in making this so successful.

Lastly, I have made so many new friends throughout all of this and I am grateful to have met all of you! We are surrounded by a great community of people that I am very proud to be a part of.

Now on to San Diego!!! Hope to see a lot of you there.

Ryan