Options

Seattle Pearl Jam Pre-Parties, Fundraisers & Afterparties!

Comments

• Options
    jamainiac wrote:
    Two Birds wrote:
    Making the trip from London, Ontario via Victoria, BC. There's two of us coming hopefully to the pre-party, would love to chat with you again Laura. It's been a long time since GR. We didn't make it to the pre-party in TO so we have to make these parties for sure!!!! Any kinds souls coming from Victoria and what are your logistical plans...planes,ferries, trains and automobiles???

Hi TB!

You can't beat the Victoria Clipper (walk on ferry from Downtown Victoria to Downtown Seattle) for convenience & price! Not really a 'luxury vessel' as they like to sell themselves ;) ... more like a greyhound on water IMO :p but a great service! They have really great prices on packages with transport + hotels too.

https://www.clippervacations.com/

Lisa :)

Lisa,
    The fall schedule doesn't get us into Seattle until 8:00pm approx. SO that is why I am wondering about alternative transportation. Yes the clipper was going to be our first pick..it would be an extra hotel night now. We might have to take the actual greyhound :? with the ferries thrown in...
    We will get there..somehow...where there's a will there's a PJ concert!!!! :mrgreen:

Thanks for your help!!!!!

Carolyn
    Peace,
    well this is awkward umm so you guys know how i was gonna donate my old LBC hoodie?
    Well it turns out my mom got rid of it :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    well this is awkward umm so you guys know how i was gonna donate my old LBC hoodie?
    Well it turns out my mom got rid of it :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
    No worries...we'll get by! You definitely need to hold this one against her though. Say...buy you tix to the Portland and Vancouver shows, buy you Backspacer in every format, pay for membership renewals for 5 years, get you posters from shows, etc. :lol:
  • Options
    No worries...we'll get by! You definitely need to hold this one against her though. Say...buy you tix to the Portland and Vancouver shows, buy you Backspacer in every format, pay for membership renewals for 5 years, get you posters from shows, etc. :lol:

Haha sounds good :D:D

Do you think any of the bandmembers might show up to the preparty? That'd be cool
    Shows:
  • Options

Haha sounds good :D:D

Do you think any of the bandmembers might show up to the preparty? That'd be cool

That would be rather doubtful. That time is usually designated for eating, napping, meeting, soundchecking, focusing, and meditating. :lol:
  • Options

That would be rather doubtful. That time is usually designated for eating, napping, meeting, soundchecking, focusing, and meditating. :lol:

Haha, i figured. Well im gonna be hanging around the center and try and get an autograph from Mike for my FTM poster :D
    Shows:
  • Options
    morgie2morgie2 Posts: 1,065
    If anyone who bought 10c tickets for the Seattle shows but doesn't want a poster from them, could you please grab one for me. Please pm me if you can help a fellow Pearl Jam-aholic!!
    Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
    Hartford 10 Boston 10 Wrigley 13 Worcester I 13 Worcester II 13 Hartford 13
    NYC I 16 NYC II 16 Fenway I 16 Fenway II 16  Fenway 1 18  Fenway II 18
    E.V. Boston II 08 E.V. Albany II 09 E.V. Providence 11, E.V. Boston 11
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,921
    Two Birds wrote:
    jamainiac wrote:
    Two Birds wrote:
    Making the trip from London, Ontario via Victoria, BC. There's two of us coming hopefully to the pre-party, would love to chat with you again Laura. It's been a long time since GR. We didn't make it to the pre-party in TO so we have to make these parties for sure!!!! Any kinds souls coming from Victoria and what are your logistical plans...planes,ferries, trains and automobiles???

Hi TB!

You can't beat the Victoria Clipper (walk on ferry from Downtown Victoria to Downtown Seattle) for convenience & price! Not really a 'luxury vessel' as they like to sell themselves ;) ... more like a greyhound on water IMO :p but a great service! They have really great prices on packages with transport + hotels too.

https://www.clippervacations.com/

Lisa :)

Lisa,
    The fall schedule doesn't get us into Seattle until 8:00pm approx. SO that is why I am wondering about alternative transportation. Yes the clipper was going to be our first pick..it would be an extra hotel night now. We might have to take the actual greyhound :? with the ferries thrown in...
    We will get there..somehow...where there's a will there's a PJ concert!!!! :mrgreen:

Thanks for your help!!!!!

Carolyn

i just booked our ferry from VIC to SEA with an 11:30 am departure time on 19 September (Sat.). It has the same departure time for the 20th as well. Not sure if you noticed that. I hope it helps :D
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    We might just have to come to SEA a day earlier..thanks! Can't wait !!
    Peace,
    jamainiacjamainiac Posts: 429
    edited September 2009
    Hi All!

A friendly Reminder that we will be collecting food for Northwest Harvest http://www.northwestharvest.org/ both days at T.S. McHugh's!!

Here's a Google Map of Grocery Stores in the Area:

http://maps.google.com/maps?rlz=1C1GGLS ... e&resnum=1

Here is a list of specific needs from their website:

What types of food does Northwest Harvest need?
    Northwest Harvest can use any nonperishable food or monetary donations. If you prefer to donate food, select shelf-stable food with the lowest saturated fats and refined carbohydrates (sugar, white flour). We buy white rice and beans in bulk, so we encourage you to donate other items. Here are some suggestions:

General food items:

Oatmeal
    Whole grain pastas
    Brown rice
    Tomato products
    Canned vegetables
    Canned fruit, especially with low sugar (but not artificial sweeteners)
    Canned fish or meat
    Shelf-stable milk
    Beef stew, chili and similar meals with low sugar and saturated fats
    Infant and baby foods:

Baby formula
    Canned milk
    Infant cereal
    Jars of baby food
    Powdered or canned milk
    We also accept baby diapers

Let's do all we can to fill the bins for this great organization!!!

Lisa
    Post edited by jamainiac on
    Exercising her will to lose control...
    she lets go
  • Options
    jamainiac wrote:
    Hi All!

A friendly Reminder that we will be collecting food for Northwest Harvest http://www.northwestharvest.org/ both days at T.S. McHugh's!!

Northwest Harvest can use any nonperishable food or monetary donations. If you prefer to donate food, select shelf-stable food with the lowest saturated fats and refined carbohydrates (sugar, white flour). We buy white rice and beans in bulk, so we encourage you to donate other items. Here are some suggestions:

General food items:

Oatmeal
    Whole grain pastas
    Brown rice
    Tomato products
    Canned vegetables
    Canned fish or meat
    Shelf-stable milk
    Infant and baby foods:

Baby formula
    Canned milk
    Infant cereal
    Jars of baby food
    Powdered or canned milk

Lisa

What about canned soup such as chicken broth or chicken rice soup?
    Shows:
  • Options

;) I didn't see that on the list... but if you've got your heart set on CB or CRS... bring it on :D
    she lets go
  • Options
    jamainiac wrote:

;) I didn't see that on the list... but if you've got your heart set on CB or CRS... bring it on :D

Yah I assume they'll accept most canned foods since they donate it to food banks

Also, does anyone know what time we can pick up the tickets from the Key? Thanks :D
    Shows:
  • Options
    jamainiac wrote:

Yah I assume they'll accept most canned foods since they donate it to food banks

Also, does anyone know what time we can pick up the tickets from the Key? Thanks :D
    Yah, I spoke to the Key Arena ticket office today and they are telling me all will call tixs including 10C will be available for pickup on the east side of the Key Arena starting at 4:30 p.m.
  • Options
    Buenos Dias BUMP!
  • Options
    Me and 3 friends will be at 21st and the 22nd at the Fundraiser!!!
    Speaking As A child Of The 90's
  • Options
    BUMP!

10 days to go! Woohooh!
    Shows:
  • Options
    jamainiac wrote:
    Hi All!

Here's a Google Map of Grocery Stores in the Area:

http://maps.google.com/maps?rlz=1C1GGLS ... e&resnum=1

General food items:

Oatmeal
    Whole grain pastas
    Brown rice
    Tomato products
    Canned vegetables
    Canned fish or meat
    Shelf-stable milk
    Infant and baby foods:

Baby formula
    Canned milk
    Infant cereal
    Jars of baby food
    Powdered or canned milk

Lisa

Another excellent product is Peanut Butter. Loads of protein and also a very low glucose index.
  • Options
    Does Eddie still come on before the opening act and do a couple songs on occasion? I'm wondering if I should wander into the arena early in hopes of such a grand surprise.
  • Options
    Does Eddie still come on before the opening act and do a couple songs on occasion? I'm wondering if I should wander into the arena early in hopes of such a grand surprise.

You never know. I'm hoping that he does and will definitely be there early just in case :D
  • Options
    Hello-
    This will be our first time in Seattle and we are planning on attending all of the festivities! We're staying at the Best Western. How do we get around in Seattle (to Alki Beach, and Easy Street Records)? We are flying in and will not have a car. Also, how safe is it to walk around at night? I've heard a few horror stories. Thanks and can't wait to see everyone!
  • Options
    Hello-
    This will be our first time in Seattle and we are planning on attending all of the festivities! We're staying at the Best Western. How do we get around in Seattle (to Alki Beach, and Easy Street Records)? We are flying in and will not have a car. Also, how safe is it to walk around at night? I've heard a few horror stories. Thanks and can't wait to see everyone!
    Are you staying at the BW on Taylor? You can pretty much walk through the Seattle Center (google map it) to the pre-party and show...looks like about a 15 minute walk or so. Not sure if the BW has any kind of a shuttle, if needed... Alki Beach and Easy Street are an entire different story which would require renting a car, taking a cab, or carpooling with others at the hotel.

Regarding walking around at night, someone else may want to take that one. I personally have not had any issues but I don't roam the street in that area at night too often unless I'm out with friends for dinner/drinks. I go by the buddy system in most "foreign" areas and it's highly likely that you will be meeting plenty of people at your hotel with the same plans/agenda to hang with.
  • Options
    I've just scrolled through here and I don't see what time the preparty is at on the 21st. Did I miss it somewhere?
  • Options
    I've just scrolled through here and I don't see what time the preparty is at on the 21st. Did I miss it somewhere?

Everything is on the 1st page of the thread and is updated periodically. Both pre-parties kick off at 2 p.m.
    See you there!!!
  • Options
    Hello-

It's easy to take public transit from downtown to Alki Beach. I'll post bus info later (on the way out the door).

As far as safety... I've lived in Woodinville (the wine country burbs) ... Belltown (smack down town Seattle) and now across the bridge in West Seattle... I walk/bus everywhere and have never had issues :)
    she lets go
  • Options
    Depends on the area??? Witch one are you staying at? The area around the key is fine to walk around at night, Stay away from denny park at night. Ummm there are a few little areas that are a bit shaddy. But all and all is fine. I walk around there alot. If you have anything esle to ask just pm me

Hello-
    Speaking As A child Of The 90's
  • Options
    brucebruce Posts: 384
    Also, how safe is it to walk around at night? I've heard a few horror stories. Thanks and can't wait to see everyone!

Seattle is by far the safest big city I've ever been too. South Seattle and Central district are the only places that can be a tad bit shady but even they are not that bad.

If you have have a buddy then I wouldn't worry one bit.

Tacoma, federal way, Yakima and Spokane are all much worse.
    Writing checks that others pay.....

• Options
    I've been to Seattle probably 100 times in my life, and have never had any problems anywhere (except feeling pummeled after a Mudhoney show in the mid nineties :) ).

It is also a pretty good transit city, which I will be using to make my usual trip to mecca: Scarecrow Video in the U-district. A bus from right around the corner from the Best Western drops off 2-3 blocks from there, in a great little walking/shopping area. I'm sure there are fairly easy transit connections to anywhere you want to go.
    There's a lot to be said for nowhere...
  • Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    Lisa, what bus is the right one to take from Pike Place to West Seattle/Easy Street? I'd ask Einat, but she'd probably lead me the wrong way 8-)

Pity I'll miss the beach party cos of the night arrival.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    Hey everyone! Excited as hell for the upcoming seattle events. I will also be flying to seattle. Forget the bus schedules on the metro website:

http://transit.metrokc.gov/tops/bus/nei ... attle.html

These are only good thru sept 18. I just received a reply from their customer service and it seems that the routes that takes us from seatac to downtown seattle are going to have major changes. Beware. The light rail train seems to be a better option, but we will have to wait until the 19th to have better info.

I´ll be walking very late after 10 pm at the benaroya hall area. Is it dangerous? Is this area crowded every day?
    IN THE DARK, ALL CATS ARE BLACK.