Options

Seattle Pearl Jam Pre-Parties, Fundraisers & Afterparties!

Comments

• Options
    AAGGHHH!

One week away! I hope everything goes well to everyone this final week before the preparties and shows. And from this point on wish everyone a safe trip to seattle. One thing I must add, don´t drink n drive. I will be drinking as I will not be doing any driving. yahoo!!
    IN THE DARK, ALL CATS ARE BLACK.
  • Options
    Hahah not only is this my first time seeing Pearl Jam its my first time seeing 2 concerts in a row
    good thing i dont have school until the 28th ill be well energized for the second show
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    Hahah not only is this my first time seeing Pearl Jam its my first time seeing 2 concerts in a row
    good thing i dont have school until the 28th ill be well energized for the second show

Well, this is gonna be my first time in seattle and LA. And first time I get to see PJ, although the three of us coming from guatemla, have been Pj fans long time ago. I have two buddies that tagged along, two cities, two pairs of shows!
  • Options
    force-10 wrote:

Well, this is gonna be my first time in seattle and LA. And first time I get to see PJ, although the three of us coming from guatemla, have been Pj fans long time ago. I have two buddies that tagged along, two cities, two pairs of shows!

haha ok I guess you win.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    I'm sitting here trying to get things done for the fundraisers... listening to Benaroya... and I'm so excited I can't keep track of my thoughts...

My mind keeps jumping back 20 years... ahead to next week... and everywhere in between...

I've been trying to think about how to convey how much the Young Survival Coalition has meant to me... over the past year... dealing with Breast Cancer...what I'll have to say as a member of the group at the pre-parties... All of you know how hard it is to express how much the band means to us... to those who aren't card carrying members of the 10C ;) ... imagine how it feels to try to find kindred spirits when riding the Cancer Roller Coaster... YSC to me... is like a PJ meetup X 1000 :) It's not only not being 'alone'... but instantly among friends... people who look in your eyes and can instantly connect to your soul...

I'm going to remember this whole thing for the rest of my life... this is all so much greater than so many could ever understand... both in pleasure and pain... it's a perfect example of 'living life'...

Lisa
    Exercising her will to lose control...
    she lets go
  • Options
    force-10 wrote:

haha ok I guess you win.

No it´s not about winning. I´m sure everyone inside key arena next monday and tuesday will feel very very happy, including PJ and crew.
  • Options
    hope you are okay, kim.....let us know when its confirmed you are back in!!! you have to be in seattle...
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    jamainiac wrote:
    I'm sitting here trying to get things done for the fundraisers... listening to Benaroya... and I'm so excited I can't keep track of my thoughts...

My mind keeps jumping back 20 years... ahead to next week... and everywhere in between...

I've been trying to think about how to convey how much the Young Survival Coalition has meant to me... over the past year... dealing with Breast Cancer...what I'll have to say as a member of the group at the pre-parties... All of you know how hard it is to express how much the band means to us... to those who aren't card carrying members of the 10C ;) ... imagine how it feels to try to find kindred spirits when riding the Cancer Roller Coaster... YSC to me... is like a PJ meetup X 1000 :) It's not only not being 'alone'... but instantly among friends... people who look in your eyes and can instantly connect to your soul...

I'm going to remember this whole thing for the rest of my life... this is all so much greater than so many could ever understand... both in pleasure and pain... it's a perfect example of 'living life'...

Lisa

Yeah, this is what it´s meant to be. While reading your post, I just had a flashback to 1998. While riding to school listening to a beat up cassette tape of ten and vs with a friend (sadly, though this friend will not come with me).

Remembering good times, bad times as well. School. Relationships. But mostly people. Good friends. Things we all have to deal with in our lives. And to think that a bunch of people connected with each other with at least one thing in common is unreal to me, especially because it is a music group we´re talking about here.

There are more important matters in life, like fighting for life itself. And inspirations can come to anyone from anywhere. But like you said, travelling to seattle (or any other place) for a gig, helping out with a fundraiser/party for other fellow fans, of just having pleasure on attending to the show, is all living the good life. We take nothing to the grave, so we should take as much as we can while we are here, and try to give much more.
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,813
    force-10 wrote:

I'm so excited for both of you. You think you love PJ now.. but after you see them live.. it's a whole new kind of love. The butterfly in your tummy, adrenaline rushing kinda love!!

RAFFLE items updated too! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    the butterfly in your tummy, adrenaline rushing kinda love!!

every time i even think of seattle = butterfly
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    Updated w/a bunch of new sweet items!!

Fundraiser Raffle/Auction Items:
    From our corporate sponsors:
    • A gift certificate good for 2 tickets per month for one year for any Showbox show, subject to guest list availability. An estimated value of $600. Provided by the Showbox, procured by STONEd and dAMENT-ED
    • Goodies from Easy Street, procured by jamainiac
    • Goodies from Starbucks, procured by STONEd and dAMENT-ED
    • Four passes good for admission to all the exhibitions in Experience Music Project|Science Fiction Museum. The mission of EMP|SFM is to explore and amplify ideas that fuel contemporary, creative culture. Its exhibitions and public programs engage the senses; deepen our understanding of art and culture; and examine their relevance to our lives. Provided by the EMP|SFM, procured by STONEd and dAMENT-ED
    From the fans:
    • Package of goodies from Greece, donated by dimitrispearljam
    • Ride The Ducks duck-beak whistle, donated by tremors
    • Rearviewmirror black t-shirt size XL, donated by aqua ames
    • World Jam t-shirt, donated by tremors
    • A few morrales with goodies inside (traditional, authentic tote bags made by hand in Guatemala), donated by force-10
    • T-shirt, ladies, donated by restlesssoul
    • Stickman night light, donated by restlesssoul
    • Various Pearl Jam stickers, donated by mattseattleusa
    • Ten Re-Release Easy Street giveaway print, donated by mattseattleusa
    • Pearl Jam logo T-shirt, ladies, turquoise w/purple writing, donated by aqua ames
    • 2 Mike, 1 Ed, 1 Stone & 2 random PJ guitar picks, donated by mattseattleusa
    • Poster, donated by STONEd and dAMENT-ED's friend Scott
    • 1998 PJ Seattle Memorial Stadium t-shirt, new, donated by reflectedfromafar
    • 2005 FTM black ladies t-shirt size L, donated by aqua ames
    • 2005 Ladies Forest T size XL, donated by aqua ames
    • 2006 Euro Eyeball poster by Klausen, donated by EquallyWorthless
    • 2007 Vic poster, donated by pegasus
    • 2008 Virginia Beach poster, donated by pegasus
    • 2008 Camden 1 poster, donated by pegasus
    • 2008 Eagle tour t-shirt size XXL, donated by mattseattleusa
    • 2008 Eddie Vedder April Fools tour poster, donated by gciu116c (Monday raffle)
    • 2008 Black Tote bag, donated by mattseattleusa
    • 2008 Bonnaroo poster, donated by EquallyWorthless
    • 2008 Washington DC official bootleg, donated by haffajappa
    • 2008 FTM black t-shirt size L, donated by aqua ames
    • 2009 Volcom PJ black t-shirt size M, new w/tags, donated by Lizard
    • 2009 London SBE poster, donated by pegasus
    • 2009 UK Fixer limited edition CD single, numbered, donated by pegasus (1 for each night)
    • Donate items now!
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    ... just sent you more fan donations to add to the list :D
    Exercising her will to lose control...
    she lets go
  • Options
    jamainiac wrote:

Got the email, and updated! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

• A gift certificate good for 2 tickets per month for one year for any Showbox show, subject to guest list availability. An estimated value of $600. Provided by the Showbox, procured by STONEd and dAMENT-ED
    • A Starbucks® Sirena™ Espresso Machine by Saeco. An estimated value of $400. Generously donated by Starbucks World Headquarters, procured by STONEd and dAMENT-ED
    • Four passes good for admission to all the exhibitions in Experience Music Project|Science Fiction Museum. The mission of EMP|SFM is to explore and amplify ideas that fuel contemporary, creative culture. Its exhibitions and public programs engage the senses; deepen our understanding of art and culture; and examine their relevance to our lives. Provided by the EMP|SFM, procured by STONEd and dAMENT-ED
    From the fans:
    • A few morrales with goodies inside (traditional, authentic tote bags made by hand in Guatemala), donated by force-10
    • Rockfords "Waiting" CD, signed by all band members, donated by jamainiac & sennin
    • PJ lightning bolt hoodie orange size M, new, donated by jamainiac & sennin
    • Mike Crest t-shirt red size L, new, donated by jamainiac & sennin
    • Pearl Jam logo T-shirt, ladies, turquoise w/purple writing, donated by aqua ames
    • 2005 FTM white t-shirt size M, new, donated by jamainiac & sennin
    • 2006 FTM yellow t-shirt size L, new, donated by jamainiac & sennin
    • 2008 FTM black t-shirt size L, new, donated by jamainiac & sennin
    • 2008 Eddie Vedder April Fools tour poster, donated by gciu116c (Monday raffle)
    • 2009 UK Fixer limited edition CD single, numbered, donated by pegasus (1 for each night)
    • Donate items now!
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    so, if I get down to west seattle for the beach get together, and the Easy Street record release, how hard will it be to get a cab back to downtown? I would assume that there aren't just cabs driving around that area at 1am.
    What ain't a country I ever heard of. Do they speak English in what?
  • Options
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    jamainiac wrote:

Got the email, and updated! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

• A Starbucks® Sirena™ Espresso Machine by Saeco. An estimated value of $400. Generously donated by Starbucks World Headquarters, procured by STONEd and dAMENT-ED
    From the fans:
    • Rockfords "Waiting" CD, signed by all band members, donated by jamainiac & sennin
    • PJ lightning bolt hoodie orange size M, new, donated by jamainiac & sennin
    • Mike Crest t-shirt red size L, new, donated by jamainiac & sennin
    • 2005 FTM white t-shirt size M, new, donated by jamainiac & sennin
    • 2006 FTM yellow t-shirt size L, new, donated by jamainiac & sennin
    • 2008 FTM black t-shirt size L, new, donated by jamainiac & sennin
    • Donate items now!

Looking REALLY good y'all!!! I have some goodies at home that I have been lagging on updating so expect the list to keep growing! Thanks to everyone who has helped out by donating and volunteering. We are all going to have an epic time!
  • Options
    so, if I get down to west seattle for the beach get together, and the Easy Street record release, how hard will it be to get a cab back to downtown? I would assume that there aren't just cabs driving around that area at 1am.

It's more likely to find a cab on a Saturday night in W. Seattle than any other time but you may also be able to buddy up and find someone who is heading back downtown after the release party.

If anyone wants to plug a few cab company phone #'s into your cell phones this is from:
    http://www.seattletravel.com/taxi-seattle.html

Taxi Service

Taxi service in Seattle is varied. It isn't an inexpensive option, however, so many people prefer to avoid trying to get a taxi. Many travelers find that it pays off to call ahead when you need taxi service because they can be hard to find out on the street.

Rates are set by King County, so no matter what taxi company you select, the rates are the same.

$2.50 flat rate for picking you up.
    $2.00 per mile plus an additional gas surcharge that varies.
    50 cents for every minute the taxi driver must wait.
    50 cents for each passenger over two. Children are excluded from this rule.
    $32 flat rate for passengers going to SeaTac Airport.
    Puget Sound Dispatch keeps a fleet of 360 taxis in King County and the Seattle area. When you think about the number of residents and tourists seeking rides after dinner or drinks, it isn't hard to understand why taxis can be hard to find. They are the area's oldest taxi company operating both Yellow Cabs and RedTop Taxis, so they are generally the most recommended.

Puget Sound Dispatch accepts major credit cards or cash only. Personal checks and travelers checks are not accepted.

You can reach Puget Sound Dispatch by calling one of four numbers:

Eastside – (425) 455-4999
    RedTop Taxi Service – (206) 789-4949
    Seattle – (206) 622-6500
    South County – (253) 872-5600

American Checker Cab is priced similarly to Puget Sound Dispatch. Drivers are respectful and taxis are cleaned regularly. Many travelers say they've had the best experiences with American Checker Cab and, therefore, highly recommend them. Call (206) 325-4545 for passenger pick-ups.

Checker Cab is a third possible choice for taxis. Again, their rates are comparable to their competitors. Drivers are friendly and cabs are usually spotless. You can call (425) 259-2000 to arrange for a passenger pick up.

Farwest Taxi offers service, but many travelers have found that the wait times for the taxis to arrive can be longer than one would expect. Rates are also higher than other companies with a two-block trip averaging $22. In a pinch, however, they are always an option. Call (206) 622-1717 to arrange for a pick up in Seattle. Those from South County should call (253) 852-2500 or (425) 454-5055 from Eastside.

Northend Taxi runs a small fleet of taxis to King County's northern area and southern Snohomish County. This includes the popular and less well served Green Lake, Wallingford, Phinney Ridge, and Ballard areas. You can call (206) 363-3333 for pick-ups. We had excellent service on a pick-up right at Green Lake Park.

Northwest Taxi operates solely in downtown Seattle. They have a small fleet, so expect long waits if you choose them. Call (206) 262-1122 for pick-ups.

Many feel that Orange Cab isn’t always the best choice because they book up quickly and drivers are not overly friendly, but they do accept money orders. This makes it easier for a traveler who is traveling without a credit card. You can reach their computer dispatcher by calling (206) 522-8800 (Seattle), (425) 453-0919 (Eastside), or (253) 852-1607 (South County.)

Sea-Tac International Taxi Association is the only taxi company allowed to wait for passengers within the airport. If you want to ride with another taxi company, you must call them after you've gotten your baggage and then wait at the curb for them to arrive. You can reach Sea-Tac International Taxi Association by calling (206) 246-9999 or just head out the doors after getting your baggage and heading to the dispatch booth.

If you plan to rely on taxi service a lot while you are in town, consider purchasing a taxi fare coupon book. You pay for these coupon booklets up front, and then use each coupon when you ride in the taxi. The booklets cost $10 each and can be purchased from many of the area taxi companies. Puget Sound Dispatch sells the booklets over the phone, through the mail or in their headquarters.
  • Options

Check the metro bus site:

http://transit.metrokc.gov/tops/bus/nei ... attle.html

But note that this saturday there will be changes made.

http://transit.metrokc.gov/up/sc/ridera ... anges.html

I am sure these buses, well some routes, work until about 2 am. Be sure to wait and see the new schedules.
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    Thanks for all posting transportation options!!! Trying to figure things out!! :D
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    try the bus, much cheaper than a cab and it shouldn't be hard to get back downtown on Metro.
    Lizard wrote:
    Thanks for all posting transportation options!!! Trying to figure things out!! :D
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    try the bus, much cheaper than a cab and it shouldn't be hard to get back downtown on Metro.
    Lizard wrote:
    So the buses will run that late (1 or 2 a.m.)?
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    BS90546BS90546 Toronto Posts: 143
    BS90546 wrote:
    I have a pair of 10c tickets available for 9/22.

It is a newer membership FYI.

Still available.
  • Options
    bwordbword Posts: 74
    I'm there both nights and for all of the festivities....only 4 more sleeps til the fun starts!!!
    Ripple in still water when there is no pebble tossed nor wind to blow...
  • Options
    will be at the beach party and easy street! do we need to bring anything to the beach party? :)

i am SO ready for this trip, i can't even explain.
  • Options
    will be at the beach party and easy street! do we need to bring anything to the beach party? :)

CHEEKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whats up sweetCHEEKS??????????????????
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options

CHEEKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey speedy! wishing you were coming to the shows too :) just getting ready for bed actually, have to take my sister to the airport at 4am :o obscene! been hanging in there with all the hospital stuff with my mom, i'm looking really forward to this seattle respite :) hope all is well with you dear!
  • Options

hey speedy! wishing you were coming to the shows too :) just getting ready for bed actually, have to take my sister to the airport at 4am :o obscene! been hanging in there with all the hospital stuff with my mom, i'm looking really forward to this seattle respite :) hope all is well with you dear!
    I will send you a pm tonight/tomorrow ......

and we will catch up ........

Go get some sleep.....4am????? YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    I will send you a pm tonight/tomorrow ......

and we will catch up ........

Go get some sleep.....4am????? YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!
    sounds good, i'll look forward to it :) feels like forever since i've seen ya! yeah 4am...i dunno if it's better to sleep or just stay up :? :lol:
  • Options
    Dog situation resolved! Something came up and now parents will be able to look after the doggies after all!! Yay!!

I don't know that I can wait a week for all this Pearl Jam stuff, though! Arrrggggh!! :lol:
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    Sweet!! Ticket pickup is at 1:00 pm+

10C email!~

Please read the following information regarding your Ten Club tickets for PEARL JAM on September 22nd at Key Arena in Seattle, WA.

1) You will receive (2) reserved seated Ten Club tickets, which have been allocated by seniority in advance of the show. Rows 1-2 and 9-10 have been randomly assigned regardless of seniority.

2) You must collect the tickets at the box office on the day of the show, with a valid photo identification. Only the 10c member can collect the tickets. No exceptions.

3) All ticket sales are final. No transfers, refunds, exchanges. Reselling of 10c tickets for above face value will result in cancellation of ticket purchase, and revocation of all future ticket benefits from the Ten Club.

4) Doors will open at 6:30 pm. Show time for opening act is 7:30 pm.

5) Box office at Key Arena will open at 1 pm on the day of the show for 10c ticket distribution. The box office is located on the East side of the building near Seattle Center's International Fountain. Ticket distribution will end approximately at 9:15pm.

6) All ticket sales are final. No exchanges, refunds, or transfers.

7) Reselling of Ten Club tickets for above face value will result in ticket cancellation and revocation of future ticket benefits.

Additional questions regarding your tickets can be directed to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:tickets@tenclub.net">tickets@tenclub.net</a><!-- e -->.

Questions about Ten Club tickets can be directed to 1-800-724-8038 or <!-- e --><a href="mailto:tickets@tenclub.net">tickets@tenclub.net</a><!-- e -->.
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    try this one.

http://metro.kingcounty.gov/tops/bus/sc ... 85_0_.html
    Lizard wrote:
    Lizard wrote:
    So the buses will run that late (1 or 2 a.m.)?