2009 New England Patriots thread

Comments

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    oh well ... onto the draft.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    jimed14 wrote:

yup......golf tomorrow....
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,801
    The Patriots have been in rebuild mode all year....a team that has won 3 SB's in the last decade will never admit that, just go with business as usual and play hard

You dont get rid of Seymour, if ya think you can win it all
  • :(
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    edited January 2010
    The better team won and that's the Ravens, I wish them well in the rest of the playoffs. Man, the Patriots first home first round playoff lost and it sucks. Must build up the defense once again to get to that championship level again.

Peace
    Post edited by g under p on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Oh well, see you all in September.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
    g under p wrote:
    The better team won and that's the Ravens, I wish them well in the rest of the playoffs. Man, the Patriots first first round playoff lost and it sucks. Must build up the defense once again to get to that championship level again.

Peace

I said it last week, the one team I didn't want the Pats to face in this round was the Ravens ... and indeed, we found out why.

Entertaining season. Frustrating season. Should be intersting to see what the Pats do with the uncapped season next year heading into a potential 2011 lockout. Hope the owners and NFLPA get that shit all resolved.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    So, how did the Patriots finish the game, take a flight to Arizona and suit up as the Packers so quick?

2 turnovers in the first 5 minutes ... man, it's deja vu all over again.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    yikes...at least we got killed on the road. that must have been ROUGH to witness in person.
    www.myspace.com
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    yikes...at least we got killed on the road. that must have been ROUGH to witness in person.

I was at home....and like a train wreck, I couldn't stop myself from watching.....brutal....
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!

leave it to Jeagler to try and find a silver lining in an Eagles loss ... a more depressing loss.

Take heart Jeags ... us Pats fans have the memories of 3 championships to keep us warm at night.

Indeed, losing at home was tough ... but at least we didn't lose to our heated rival. ;)

jimed14 wrote:

leave it to Jeagler to try and find a silver lining in an Eagles loss ... a more depressing loss.

Take heart Jeags ... us Pats fans have the memories of 3 championships to keep us warm at night.

Indeed, losing at home was tough ... but at least we didn't lose to our heated rival. ;)

AMEN to that and to whom the Eagles will have to deal with next year, TWICE! Good Luck. :)

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Whizbang wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

yup......golf tomorrow....

somone changed her avatar .... looks like some sort of appletini ... yeah, after that loss, we all neeed a drink! :crazy:

edited January 2010
    jimed14 wrote:

nothing's more depressing than getting whupped in your own house in a game you were favored to win, man. NOTHING.

and with the rival thing---well, you accomplished that about 4 or 5 weeks ago. good luck next year
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    Whizbang wrote:

I was at home....and like a train wreck, I couldn't stop myself from watching.....brutal....

hahaha....i hear ya. i wanted to turn the tv off and go home multiple times last night. always next year! :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    jimed14 wrote:

nothing's more depressing than getting whupped in your own house in a game you were favored to win, man. NOTHING.

and with the rival thing---well, you accomplished that about 4 or 5 weeks ago. good luck next year

It wasn't depressing but it sucked besides with it being the Ravens and their defense I wasn't surprised.

Peace

jimed14 wrote:

a loss is a loss, who gives a shit.

and, I see you conveniently deleted the line about the championships.

jimed14 wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

a loss is a loss, who gives a shit..

aren't you the one who said our's was more depressing? let me look up for a second...yes. yes, you did ;) . a loss is a loss. but, to me, it hurts more knowing you should have won. that's why a lot of our championship game losses hurt so much. this year, i now know we were not the better team and i can live with it. your loss today is reminiscent of the eagles losses earlier this decade though. either way...loss is a loss, right? :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    I have now cleared space on my bar for the 4.3 handles of wild turkey that I'm about to receive. It's always easier to see the ending of a dynasty from the outside rather than from within.
    jeagler ... stop trying to rile crap up.

you had no interest in this thread until the pats lost ... you're only trying to make your eagles loss feel a little better.

jimed14 wrote:

you had no interest in this thread until the pats lost ... you're only trying to make your eagles loss feel a little better.

what do i care if the pats lost?
    you can post in the eagles thread and i can't post in this one then? makes sense. thanks jim ed! :roll:
    www.myspace.com
    jimed14 wrote:

you can post in the eagles thread and i can't post in this one then? makes sense. thanks jim ed! :roll:

did I make one post in there after the eagles lost?

jimed14 wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

did I make one post in there are the eagles lost?

that sentence does not make sense. but i don't understand. are you saying i am only allowed to post in your patriots thread when they win? :wtf: what does that have to do with anything?
    www.myspace.com
    dude, stop baiting.

jimed14 wrote:
    dude, stop baiting.

how are you this thin skinned?

--how did that post bother you so much? i'm just being honest. you need to chill man...
    www.myspace.com
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    What a great weekend of football..it's not often that the Jets have an overall better season than the Pats :D ....and Jim, you were on the money about Edwards..that guy is a fucking waste of space..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
    The Champ wrote:
    What a great weekend of football..it's not often that the Jets have an overall better season than the Pats :D ....and Jim, you were on the money about Edwards..that guy is a fucking waste of space..

See the Bengals thread, I called the Jets win. Congrats.

• The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    jimed14 wrote:
    The Champ wrote:

Thanks, and yeah the Jets are the better team....the only reason to pick against them is the unpredictable play of Sanchez, but if the fucker tightens up like last night, look out....but Braylon Edwards is just pure shit..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
    The Champ wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:
    The Champ wrote:

Thanks, and yeah the Jets are the better team....the only reason to pick against them is the unpredictable play of Sanchez, but if the fucker tightens up like last night, look out....but Braylon Edwards is just pure shit..

i love the jets defense though. shonn green's a bit of a beast too. like that squad...
    www.myspace.com
    The Champ wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:
    The Champ wrote:

I'd say it would be tough for the Jets to win in San Diego, but, I think they went in there in the 2002 playoffs and upset them .... didn't they?

You're right, (much like the Ravens) if the Jets can play with the lead, they are tough to come back on with the strong defense.