New Zealand

Comments

• bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    I just want to live vicariously through you since I've made the decision not to head to Oz this time around.
  • topaztopaz Posts: 301
    There I was thinking I would live vicariously through you! Okay someone has to represent the kiwis in aussie - not me tho - 6 months pregnant and doing any more than the 2 NZ concerts would have me truly disowned! sigh

but bazzer hope you are coming to both NZ ones??
  • bm12musicbm12music Posts: 292
    ok I'll do it for the team. Can get a week off so will join the tour in Melbourne :D
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    West Palm Beach - Jun 11, 08
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    Christchurch - Nov 29, 09
    EV - Bris - Mar 10 & 12, 11
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
    Happy for ya, and jealous at the same time, although I'm still finding it hard to believe that we're getting two concerts, more to the point, I'm seeing two concerts.

And btw did anyone see that copy of No Code go on trademe for $200?! I guess NZers are wising up to the value of PJ vinyl - dammit
    topaz wrote:
    Happy for ya, and jealous at the same time, although I'm still finding it hard to believe that we're getting two concerts, more to the point, I'm seeing two concerts.

And btw did anyone see that copy of No Code go on trademe for $200?! I guess NZers are wising up to the value of PJ vinyl - dammit
    Yeah saw that - can get sealed copies cheaper on ebay! Looks like the NZ shows are selling pretty well too which is cool. Even heard the Fixer on the Edge tonight at the gym - what's happening???
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
    anyone likely to have a spare TC ticket for Auckland? Got a mate who left it too late and will be up the back by himself otherwise
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    I got my Christchurch tickets.....no need to worry your pretty little heads about them anymore.....not that you were! ;)

See you all there!!! :mrgreen:

Ziggy I think I can speak on behalf of all of us when I say we are indeed looking forward to meeting you too! :lol:

So who is putting their hands up to organise 10c events in Auckland & Christchurch - I'm in Welly so unless they add a Tuesday night gig at the Town Hall it won't be me ;)

I just saw this post! :lol:

We're getting into Christchurch around 9pm or so on Saturday night.....where's the piss up? There will be a shitload of us drinking on the Saturday night so we may as well all do it at the same venue! :mrgreen:
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    I got my Christchurch tickets.....no need to worry your pretty little heads about them anymore.....not that you were! ;)

See you all there!!! :mrgreen:

Ziggy I think I can speak on behalf of all of us when I say we are indeed looking forward to meeting you too! :lol:

So who is putting their hands up to organise 10c events in Auckland & Christchurch - I'm in Welly so unless they add a Tuesday night gig at the Town Hall it won't be me ;)

I just saw this post! :lol:

We're getting into Christchurch around 9pm or so on Saturday night.....where's the piss up? There will be a shitload of us drinking on the Saturday night so we may as well all do it at the same venue! :mrgreen:

I reckon Speights Ale House would be a good bet.The fact that I'm staying 2 minutes away has nothing to do with it. It's about providing you Aussies with a taste of real culture. On ya MATE.

I reckon Speights Ale House would be a good bet.The fact that I'm staying 2 minutes away has nothing to do with it. It's about providing you Aussies with a taste of real culture. On ya MATE.

Where are you staying?

I need to find a place to stay in Auckland and Christchurch..........give me recommendations!

And some of you Kiwis are going to have to pull your fingers out and organise post-gig parties you know!
  • bm12music wrote:
    topaz wrote:

Yeah saw that - can get sealed copies cheaper on ebay! Looks like the NZ shows are selling pretty well too which is cool. Even heard the Fixer on the Edge tonight at the gym - what's happening???

Kia Ora All,

Thats crazy, who the hell would pay that,

I have a No Code Vinyl signed by Eddie Vedder (seriously) and no i will not be selling it..
    ive got a few other things signed too..
    Christmas single, and i got the Avacado album signed by the band too..

Ive been living in the UK now for a few years (Kiwi living in London)
    , and managed to get tickets to their recent shows (Shepherds Bush intimate gig, Berlin & O2 London)

But let me tell you.. i would be giving my left nut to be seeing them in AKL, my souces tell me there is going to be some good surprises..
    Just so happens that i know a certain someone who is part of those shows.
    (and please guys no i will not be disclosing the surprises and sources) but i am true to my word
    hey Joey Wright! Nga mihi!

tis good to hear from kiwi's representing overseas - SB must have been out of this world. We have a few contingencies going to the Seattle gigs too I believe. But...yes...we all believe that the eleven year wait will pay of for us here on Nov 27. Are you sure you can't make it?!

Now you've made it even harder to wait! who could those special guests be, as if Liam and BH etc weren't enough...at least I can spend some of the many days in the next couple of months speculating!

And we all know even if it was simply the 5 guys (well 6 with boom) playing in their pajamas we'd still be stoked. Can't wait! Only 9 weeks or so... sigh
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    neil finn? is it neil finn? neil and tim? neil and eddie doing stuff and nonsense? neil and me and eddie singing sailing away? the new zealand national anthem? oh my god... what WHAT!?!!

if there's a boot and you hear eddie saying (like the ticketek site) "it's been 3 years..." you'll hear me scream out "11 and a half bitch!"
    doompony wrote:
    neil finn? is it neil finn? neil and tim? neil and eddie doing stuff and nonsense? neil and me and eddie singing sailing away? the new zealand national anthem? oh my god... what WHAT!?!!

if there's a boot and you hear eddie saying (like the ticketek site) "it's been 3 years..." you'll hear me scream out "11 and a half bitch!"

Don't worry....all the fun stuff will be happening in Christchurch anyway...... ;):mrgreen:
    naaaaaaaaah... chch hasn't even come close to selling out by the sounds of it.. the auckland fixer sold out in the blink of an eye

OR the auckland fixer is small. small enough for us and us only. and eddie. and neil and liam (though they have to stay separate or that's yuck).
    doompony wrote:
    naaaaaaaaah... chch hasn't even come close to selling out by the sounds of it.. the auckland fixer sold out in the blink of an eye

OR the auckland fixer is small. small enough for us and us only. and eddie. and neil and liam (though they have to stay separate or that's yuck).

You can jump in between them...............and let's get off this train of thought right now so it doesn't escalate into a locked thread! 8-)
    i'll be good. i'll be good.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    doompony wrote:
    i'll be good. i'll be good.

boring

:lol:
    let's do pearl jam karaoke.
    doompony wrote:

Ha ha haaaa actually, the special guest is me, and Neil and Tim, and we're all going to sing Take A Walk. Or possibly Hello, Sandy Allen (look it up people, if ya don't know it)

and as for that bloody 3 year quote on ticketek site, I am so glad someone else got pissed off at that, what if someone believes that it's true? and the other eight years are just ignored? blown away in the wind? sniff sniff

speaking of eleven...eleven weeks this friday. not that i'm counting
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    Don't worry....all the fun stuff will be happening in Christchurch anyway...... ;):mrgreen:
    my fucken Oath it will!! :D

I'll be there :twisted:
    Bitch Be Cool 8)
    BRISBANE 1998,2003,2006,2009!!!
    Christchurch 2009
    Oh I'm a lucky man to count those I love on two hands

come say hi on facebook http://www.facebook.com/sean.montgomery
    topaz wrote:
    doompony wrote:

Ha ha haaaa actually, the special guest is me, and Neil and Tim, and we're all going to sing Take A Walk. Or possibly Hello, Sandy Allen (look it up people, if ya don't know it)

and as for that bloody 3 year quote on ticketek site, I am so glad someone else got pissed off at that, what if someone believes that it's true? and the other eight years are just ignored? blown away in the wind? sniff sniff

speaking of eleven...eleven weeks this friday. not that i'm counting

I may or may not have yelled at the Ticketek site.

I remember when PJ played here last Edward said "we'll see you.. soon..."

LIAR! LIAR! LIAR! but i'll forgive him. cuz he dresses like a grandpa
    though technically HE did return 3 years later.... to the single greatest week of shows ever (only saw 2 but i imagine the other 3 were spectacular)
    Agreed again, the simple fact remains that the 7 World's Collide that Eddie played at was THE best concert of my life. I'm so glad I went. That venue! I also went to the one early this year, and it wasn't as good in my humble opinion, perhaps because...well, Ed wasn't there...but also the venue sucked for one who is not tall (powerstation). It was still cool, but for some reason i can't put my finger on, didn't have the same effect on me that the original did. Still an amazing collection of artsists getting together. I love the Finns. Collectively. Good to be honest about these things
    there's a big difference between the st james and the powerstation. the powerstation is just a venue. nothing special about it. the st james was GORGEOUS.

i didn't go to 7WC this year - kinda wish i had because bic was there and liam had a different role, but decided since vedder wasn't going to be there it would be a letdown. still looked nice in the doco that was on tv a couple of months ago... but from that tv show it seemed like they did a lot of new songs. whereas the original was all about playing each others songs. ed and neil doing take a walk and parting ways? oh yeah! world where you live? golden years? awesome.

which ones did you go to in 2001? i was front row centre for the thursday night but stuck at the back for the friday night.. gutted. i went with the wrong people on the friday.. they were all faffy about and i was stuck... soooooooo disappointed. i couldn't see anything. really glad i got my front row fun the night before.
    I went to the Thursday night one as well. just that one. It was unforgettable, that's for sure. I'm glad I went to this year's one, but the combination of diffferent venue and no ed was sure to be a bit of a letdown for me. Plus I don't really know wilco or kt tursnstall for that matter so there was a lot of material played I was unfamiliar with. Altho bic and kt did a bloody amazing acoustic duet. And yep, liam rocked, with EJ, as per the norm. Was still good, but hard to top the original for me.

(i was secretly thinking ed might burst out as a surprise guest any moment)

I'm betting on the whole of split enz coming on stage for our auckland concert! Yea! My two fave bands ever mixed into one! I'm convinced they're gonna do Hello, Sandy Allen for me. Is this irrational behaviour?
  • Looks like we are getting a Them Crooked Vultures show too - its shaping up to be a great summer!
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
    topaz wrote:
    I went to the Thursday night one as well. just that one. It was unforgettable, that's for sure. I'm glad I went to this year's one, but the combination of diffferent venue and no ed was sure to be a bit of a letdown for me. Plus I don't really know wilco or kt tursnstall for that matter so there was a lot of material played I was unfamiliar with. Altho bic and kt did a bloody amazing acoustic duet. And yep, liam rocked, with EJ, as per the norm. Was still good, but hard to top the original for me.

(i was secretly thinking ed might burst out as a surprise guest any moment)

I'm betting on the whole of split enz coming on stage for our auckland concert! Yea! My two fave bands ever mixed into one! I'm convinced they're gonna do Hello, Sandy Allen for me. Is this irrational behaviour?

did neill make an appearance in auckland 98?

i reckon neil will be at least side stage.. especially since liam is playing.. fo'sho.

SQUEE
    I don't know - last time I saw Pearl Jam was their first ever NZ concert in '95 - the '98 one was my Mum's 50th birthday (the actual day and her big party), and I was too slow on getting tix to the '98 welly, so I was heartbroken. Which is why I'm even more excited, eleven years for yous well fourteen for me!

I'm sure Neil won't be able to resist comin out for a little jam

yea yea yeaaaa!
    bm12music wrote:
    Looks like we are getting a Them Crooked Vultures show too - its shaping up to be a great summer!

And Bad Religion as well I just heard. Pity I am anhilating my official 2009 concert budget by doing my insane double island pearl jam extravaganza... (wouldn't have it any other way)
    topaz wrote:
    I don't know - last time I saw Pearl Jam was their first ever NZ concert in '95 - the '98 one was my Mum's 50th birthday (the actual day and her big party), and I was too slow on getting tix to the '98 welly, so I was heartbroken. Which is why I'm even more excited, eleven years for yous well fourteen for me!

I'm sure Neil won't be able to resist comin out for a little jam

yea yea yeaaaa!

awww, it's a shame you didn't know me... well after the gig sold out i got a letter from the 10c offering me a ticket. nice.

the wellington gig was great and all but it wouldn't go down in history as the most memorable show in terms of pearl jam shows... it would for everyone there, but yeah. i've high hopes that auckland 2009 will go down in HISTORY