New Zealand

Comments

• doompony wrote:
    dad... i dug another hole in the garden... and it's filling with water....

i've never seen jordan luck.. never saw the exponents.

ever played with fur patrol? they my bitches :)http://furpatrol.ratpony.com

we'll have to get you along this summer then!!!! ;)
  • joewalshdc wrote:
    doompony wrote:

Maybe you could play a midday show on for us Ten Clubbers as a warm up on the 27th. Jordan could belt out a decent version of Leash couldn't he :lol:
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    West Palm Beach - Jun 11, 08
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    Christchurch - Nov 29, 09
    EV - Bris - Mar 10 & 12, 11
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
  • bm12music wrote:
    joewalshdc wrote:
    doompony wrote:

Maybe you could play a midday show on for us Ten Clubbers as a warm up on the 27th. Jordan could belt out a decent version of Leash couldn't he :lol:

Holy shit the thought of him singing leash...outrageously funny..."Ill say goodbye, now get outta my fucking face"....... :P
  • "tell me whaaat, e-ver ha-pened to Craaaazy Mary"
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
  • joewalshdc wrote:
    Hey fellow kiwis...(well actually im an irishman who calls NZ home..)..Im a musician who moved to NZ in 2005 to be part of The Jordan Luck Band (singer from The Exponents)...Im also an obsessive PJ fan....

Ive got a question for you....the last time PJ played at the Mt Smart Super Top my fellow band mate opened for PJ...his band's name was Dead Flowers...he still tells me that it was one of his most memorable shows with Dead Flowers...just wondering if any of you saw their set...Id love to hear about it...His name is Bryan Bell and he was the lead singer of Dead Flowers...I do have the bootlegs of PJ sets, altho the quality of theme are really awful...I'd love to hear if any of you saw the Dead Flowers set...He's not a big PJ fan and he constantly winds me up that he only sees PJ when he opens for them!!!

Cant wait for this years tour...doing Mel, Syd, Bris, Akl and CC....Hopefully hear some stories from you guys!!
    ... :D

i LOVE "how is the air up there" i hope thats the correct name? awesome song. i havnt seen the exponents either but would be pretty fucking cool. i could imagine jordan singing "leash" :D
    Christchurch, New Zealand 2009

• joewalshdc wrote:
    Hey fellow kiwis...(well actually im an irishman who calls NZ home..)..Im a musician who moved to NZ in 2005 to be part of The Jordan Luck Band (singer from The Exponents)...Im also an obsessive PJ fan....

Ive got a question for you....the last time PJ played at the Mt Smart Super Top my fellow band mate opened for PJ...his band's name was Dead Flowers...he still tells me that it was one of his most memorable shows with Dead Flowers...just wondering if any of you saw their set...Id love to hear about it...His name is Bryan Bell and he was the lead singer of Dead Flowers...I do have the bootlegs of PJ sets, altho the quality of theme are really awful...I'd love to hear if any of you saw the Dead Flowers set...He's not a big PJ fan and he constantly winds me up that he only sees PJ when he opens for them!!!

Cant wait for this years tour...doing Mel, Syd, Bris, Akl and CC....Hopefully hear some stories from you guys!!

i LOVE "how is the air up there" i hope thats the correct name? awesome song. i havnt seen the exponents either but would be pretty fucking cool. i could imagine jordan singing "leash" :D

hey thanks so much..."how is the air up there" is right...its going well for us...not sure if you've seen the video but its going real well too...thanks again!!! :)
  • hey if any of you guys are on facebook youre welcome to add me!! Always good to hear from fellow PJers!!!
    www.facebook.com/joewalshdc
  • joewalshdc wrote:
    joewalshdc wrote:

hey thanks so much..."how is the air up there" is right...its going well for us...not sure if you've seen the video but its going real well too...thanks again!!! :)

hey man, just added you on facebook :D ill have to look up the video for "how is the air up there" . are you on myspace too?
    Christchurch, New Zealand 2009

• So who has got their hands on a copy?
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
  • bm12music wrote:
    So who has got their hands on a copy?

Its just fucking stunning...reading the lyrics whilst listening to it...its a stunning album...really, i think its sensational...i cant wait to hear these songs live...
  • sweet - been stuck at work and gotta get to the shop! Looking forward to the first show in Melbourne! Any NZ shops got the vinyl?
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    bm12music wrote:
    sweet - been stuck at work and gotta get to the shop! Looking forward to the first show in Melbourne! Any NZ shops got the vinyl?
    JB Hifi Albany didn't yet, so I guess none of them do. Haven't checked RG.

Did everyone see this:

"Pearl Jam are hijacking The Rock this Saturday - from 8-10pm, we're playing Pearl Jam's August 11th 'Sheperds Bush Empire' gig in it's entirety. The set-list is a massive 26 songs long, and includes tracks from the new album 'Backspacer' (in-stores Fri 18 Sep).

The show sold out in a cool 17 minutes, and is widely acknowledged as one of Pearl Jam's best. Tune in Saturday night for your Pearl Jam fix."
  • Anyone been able to access the 'two free concert downloads' as per the sticker on the front. Nothing happens when I put mine in the computer??
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    bm12music wrote:
    Anyone been able to access the 'two free concert downloads' as per the sticker on the front. Nothing happens when I put mine in the computer??

ditto :(

i got my copy this afternoon and was supposed to go straight to my mates place but instead went for a drive to listen to it in its entirety. decided the best place to go was the southern coast... so i drove down to island bay and parked up overlooking the water. it was awesome. the weather was kinda shit, but that just made the waves crashy and misty and i could see the snowy peaks in the south island all lit up by the sun.
    okay, just tried it on my parents computer and it looks like it wants to work.. of course i don't WANT to download them onto a PC that aint mine cuz that's just gonna result in faffing about. but at least it works...somewhere...
  • DananDanan Posts: 94
    doompony wrote:
    i got my copy this afternoon and was supposed to go straight to my mates place but instead went for a drive to listen to it in its entirety. decided the best place to go was the southern coast... so i drove down to island bay and parked up overlooking the water. it was awesome. the weather was kinda shit, but that just made the waves crashy and misty and i could see the snowy peaks in the south island all lit up by the sun.

That sounds like a legendary first listen!

I had mine on Friday avo while frantically packing for Seattle. Had some whoohoo jumping round the room moments to Got some and the fixer. Loving the first three tracks the most so far, Got some the most.
    Wellington 26/2/98
    Melbourne 13/11/06
    Melbourne 14/11/06
    Melbourne 16/11/06
    Seattle 21/9/09
    Seattle 22/9/09
    Auckland 27/11/09
    Christchurch 29/11/09
    have fun in seattle. find the apartment building in singles and have your picture taken next to your name spelled out in flower petals.

i know a kiwi in seattle and he refused to do this. bastard.
    It works on mine, well I haven't tried to download yet but it starts up. When yuo put it in your computer it might not autoplay. Just check the CD Drive on your computer and see if there's some files there, then run the backspacer.exe.
    just sayin'... they owe us a pretty special couple of shows after years of neglect!
    by the way, reckon i musta tried the downloads when there was nothing available? cuz it worked like a charm for me when i tried again yesterday.

like.
    a.
    charm.
    #1 this week!
    ooh yay. wonder if it not getting there week 1 was because it was released on a friday? aren't most records released on tuesdays here? or is that long since not true?

anyways, i may or may not have just written a letter to the band (dear pearl jam) asking for black in auckland.. FINGERS CROSSED!
  • DananDanan Posts: 94
    Whasup peeps

Seattle was awesome. Didn't make it to the Singles house though...

I'm trying to find a spare 10C ticket for Auckland for my friend. There's three of us heading up from Wellington.

Does anyone know of anyone with a spare?
    Wellington 26/2/98
    Melbourne 13/11/06
    Melbourne 14/11/06
    Melbourne 16/11/06
    Seattle 21/9/09
    Seattle 22/9/09
    Auckland 27/11/09
    Christchurch 29/11/09
    Danan wrote:
    Whasup peeps

Seattle was awesome. Didn't make it to the Singles house though...

I'm trying to find a spare 10C ticket for Auckland for my friend. There's three of us heading up from Wellington.

Does anyone know of anyone with a spare?

nah bro, we're lookin' for a spare too. apparently there are heaps of fixers on trademe though.. so my mate is anglin for one from there
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    I'm looking for a spare 10c tic to Auckland too.....
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • JUST POSTED THIS ON ANOTHER THREAD...INTERESTING...

The latest RIP IT UP magazine in NZ is a Pearl Jam special...Eddie is guest editor (but i should stress I would have to use this term loosely, its basically just a small excerpt on ed).....There is a great article on the whole band...a small piece on ed talking about the history of Alive, STBC, off he goes, last kiss and The Fixer...a page of great ed quotes....a review of Backspacer giving it 4/5 and piece that I guess you could call "the essential pearl jam by writer Gina Williams"....

So heres Miss Williams guide to PJ...and I quote....

START HERE= TEN (91) "its complex arrangements recall great years of yore such as Hendrix and Zep, yet it is self-aware enough not to fall into stadium rock territory"

FOLLOW WITH= VITALOGY (94) "vitalogy saw a minimalist, stripped back, original, yet stubborn album"

THEN GET= VS. (93) "a band clearly learning to deal with their newly acquired fame"

THE WILD CARD= RIOT ACT (02) "RA saw PJ retreat to their Vitalogy days, with just the right amount of burly art rock that hits the listener hard"

AVOID= YIELD (98) "despite one non status quo moment on the spoken word "push and pull me", its a rather straightforward effort"

ADVANCED LISTENING= Bootlegs "hundreds to wade through"

End of quotes...back to me...wow is all i can say....AVOID YIELD....one word...WRONG.....!!!
    Must say for most PJ fans i think theres really nothing new in this PJ edition of Rip It Up...Pretty disappointing.
    Peace and Love from NZ, Joe
    joewalshdc wrote:
    JUST POSTED THIS ON ANOTHER THREAD...INTERESTING...

The latest RIP IT UP magazine in NZ is a Pearl Jam special...Eddie is guest editor (but i should stress I would have to use this term loosely, its basically just a small excerpt on ed).....There is a great article on the whole band...a small piece on ed talking about the history of Alive, STBC, off he goes, last kiss and The Fixer...a page of great ed quotes....a review of Backspacer giving it 4/5 and piece that I guess you could call "the essential pearl jam by writer Gina Williams"....

So heres Miss Williams guide to PJ...and I quote....

START HERE= TEN (91) "its complex arrangements recall great years of yore such as Hendrix and Zep, yet it is self-aware enough not to fall into stadium rock territory"

FOLLOW WITH= VITALOGY (94) "vitalogy saw a minimalist, stripped back, original, yet stubborn album"

THEN GET= VS. (93) "a band clearly learning to deal with their newly acquired fame"

THE WILD CARD= RIOT ACT (02) "RA saw PJ retreat to their Vitalogy days, with just the right amount of burly art rock that hits the listener hard"

AVOID= YIELD (98) "despite one non status quo moment on the spoken word "push and pull me", its a rather straightforward effort"

ADVANCED LISTENING= Bootlegs "hundreds to wade through"

End of quotes...back to me...wow is all i can say....AVOID YIELD....one word...WRONG.....!!!
    Must say for most PJ fans i think theres really nothing new in this PJ edition of Rip It Up...Pretty disappointing.
    Peace and Love from NZ, Joe

i haven't even read the whole thing yet. i hate the layout. it's so ugly. granted it's SLIGHTLY better than real groove (which is pretty much unreadable without taking the content into account)
  • bm12musicbm12music Posts: 292
    Joe - just got my TM update - 29 Dec at Mangawhai I'm there!
    You were starting your PJ tour in Melbourne too eh? What day ya going - 3 weeks today for me!
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    edited November 2009
    Who lives on the south island and can score me a quarter ounce for the Christchurch gig? PM me!

**flutters eyelashes**

8-)

EDIT: All taken care of
    Post edited by ZiggyStar on
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • bm12music wrote:
    Joe - just got my TM update - 29 Dec at Mangawhai I'm there!
    You were starting your PJ tour in Melbourne too eh? What day ya going - 3 weeks today for me!

Awesome....we'll catch up....cant wait for the whole tour....we shall blow the doors off it!!!