New Zealand

Comments

• Lukin_ozLukin_oz Posts: 257
    Looks like I have a spare 10C to Christchurch if anyone is looking...
    Those who dance are called insane by those who dont hear the music
  • Corduroy has got to be the opener for Auckland doesn't it - "The waiting drove me mad... you're finally here..."
    Hoping for 'Come Back' too and maybe a little 'Take A Walk' with the Finns. Any other requests?
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    West Palm Beach - Jun 11, 08
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    Christchurch - Nov 29, 09
    EV - Bris - Mar 10 & 12, 11
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
  • DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    A repeat of 'I Got You' from Sydney 3 would be pretty nice :?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • topaztopaz Posts: 301
    Well, we all want Black of course...for the esteemed Ms Doompony AND ourselves too

and I especially want Take a Walk

as for non covers I pleeeeeease want Of The Girl (bit of a long shot I know) and the original version of In My Tree

don't ask for much do I?

Oh and Breath as well ok I'll stop now

(imagine that! Breath! Live!) woah I'm spinning out already, how on earth am I gonna wait, seeing the aussie setlists is going to be bloody bittersweet too, a taste of what will be coming.....
  • topaz wrote:
    Well, we all want Black of course...for the esteemed Ms Doompony AND ourselves too

and I especially want Take a Walk

as for non covers I pleeeeeease want Of The Girl (bit of a long shot I know) and the original version of In My Tree

don't ask for much do I?

Oh and Breath as well ok I'll stop now

(imagine that! Breath! Live!) woah I'm spinning out already, how on earth am I gonna wait, seeing the aussie setlists is going to be bloody bittersweet too, a taste of what will be coming.....

I have seen this band in 3 continents, countless cities and still NEVER seen Immortality or Footstep........thats is my dream....!!!!
    joewalshdc wrote:

I have seen this band in 3 continents, countless cities and still NEVER seen Immortality or Footstep........thats is my dream....!!!!

I hereby join you in your dreaming, sir, either of those songs would be amazing....

So kiwi wishlist setlist so far includes Black, Take a Walk, Corduroy, Come Back, Of The Girl, In My Tree, Breath, Footsteps, Immortality. Shaping up as a fuckin kick ass setlist I say!
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    aside from Black.. which.. honestly.. would KILL ME with it's goodness live..

i really wanna hear sleight of hand, come back, gone, inside job, severed hand, in my tree, crazy mary (shuddup sean), footsteps, wash...

i mean, the list goes on and on....
    take a walk KICKED ASS live at 7WC
  • 'Got Some' too please
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    West Palm Beach - Jun 11, 08
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    Christchurch - Nov 29, 09
    EV - Bris - Mar 10 & 12, 11
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
    doompony wrote:

yes it did! It kicked total ass! Imagine it with the whole of Pearl Jam AND the whole of Split Enz, together at last....

may be a bit beyond what the boys can manage but I'm sure Neil and Tim can comply. For us, right? For humanity. (and die hard geeks like us)

Funny how my 2 favourite bands are 1. PJ and 2. Split Enz. Any amalgamation of any kind on 27 Nov is gonna make me a happy little camper.

Also, I want Got Some. Please. Oh but most of all, off Backspacer, Please dear Lord Above, let Johnny Guitar ring loud and true throughout Mt Smart! yusss

(you do realise, he slept with the light on all that time, just in case she came in the night! And then when she finally did...)
    I've now discovered that Black and Good Woman can be combined in a way so heavenly it would be a sin NOT to hear it...

So Good Woman tag please :)
    can i also put my hand up for little wing?
    topaz wrote:
    doompony wrote:

yes it did! It kicked total ass! Imagine it with the whole of Pearl Jam AND the whole of Split Enz, together at last....

may be a bit beyond what the boys can manage but I'm sure Neil and Tim can comply. For us, right? For humanity. (and die hard geeks like us)

Funny how my 2 favourite bands are 1. PJ and 2. Split Enz. Any amalgamation of any kind on 27 Nov is gonna make me a happy little camper.

Also, I want Got Some. Please. Oh but most of all, off Backspacer, Please dear Lord Above, let Johnny Guitar ring loud and true throughout Mt Smart! yusss

(you do realise, he slept with the light on all that time, just in case she came in the night! And then when she finally did...)

stuff and nonsense would be the most sublime, but i'd quite like to hear eddie doing something like one step ahead or strait old line... i think he'd do them justice.
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    doompony wrote:
    can i also put my hand up for little wing?

Fuck me dead........anything else?!!?
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    love reign o'er me....

but i'd give them all up for BLACK!
    doompony wrote:
    love reign o'er me....

You need to get more attention ---- you need to save everyone's profile pics, add the a little "play black in auck" sign in front of everyone's faces, beg them to upload the new pic you designed for them as their avatar....so there are at least 100 people with "please play black " as their avatar......that will get you noticed! Then we all rock up to the gig with the same little sign on our faces covering our mouths....that will get even more attention! haha So get on it, munky!
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    doompony wrote:
    love reign o'er me....

You need to get more attention ---- you need to save everyone's profile pics, add the a little "play black in auck" sign in front of everyone's faces, beg them to upload the new pic you designed for them as their avatar....so there are at least 100 people with "please play black " as their avatar......that will get you noticed! Then we all rock up to the gig with the same little sign on our faces covering our mouths....that will get even more attention! haha So get on it, munky!

that's a grand idea... i'll get on to that laterz.

maybe ed will wear one too???

oh i've gone insane.
    doompony wrote:

that's a grand idea... i'll get on to that laterz.

maybe ed will wear one too???

oh i've gone insane.

Hey! I'm not just a good looking head! ;)

I should ring you from Sydney or Brisbane if Black plays just in case they don't play it there.....no they will.... :?

You got Skype?
    nah i don't.. i don't have a mic or headphones or anything that i think you need.. but i've never tried.

unless you count singstar mic...which is what i used to record my moving tribute to black

they will play it in auckland though right? RIGHT?!
    doompony wrote:
    nah i don't.. i don't have a mic or headphones or anything that i think you need.. but i've never tried.

unless you count singstar mic...which is what i used to record my moving tribute to black

RIGHT!!

:?
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    doompony wrote:

RIGHT!!

i'm scurrrrrrrrred... how will i cope if they don't play it??
    doompony wrote:

Figure out a way to get it played......you need to get attention to yourself.......on here and at the gig......

Hire a skywriter and have PLAY BLACK tattooed across the sky?
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    doompony wrote:

Figure out a way to get it played......you need to get attention to yourself.......on here and at the gig......

Hire a skywriter and have PLAY BLACK tattooed across the sky?

i could get it tattooed on my face.
    How about everyone MUST wear black in the pit...........as they walk in you hand them a shirt.......you just have to buy a shitload of shirts.....
    havent met many nzers eh? well, wellingtonians at any rate... always...wear.. black.. we're a city full of bogans.
  • doompony wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    doompony wrote:

RIGHT!!

If they don't play it..I'm going to sing it to you...at the top of my lungs and my face will look like this.. :o:lol: :x :oops: :cry: ....atvarious stages of the song...so much emotion
    New Zealand,95 Auckland 1 & 2, 98 Auckland & Wellington,
    Canada, Vancouver 2000
    Auckland & Christchurch 2009
    Melbourne 1&2 EV Solo 2011
    doompony wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

If they don't play it..I'm going to sing it to you...at the top of my lungs and my face will look like this.. :o:lol: :x :oops: :cry: ....atvarious stages of the song...so much emotion

you'd get a big hug if you did that. a big hug. all fixer friends will be invited to throw their aaaaaaaaarms around yooooooooooou
  • I reckon theyll save it for christchurch....... :o :( :shock: :o :( !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    joewalshdc wrote:
    I reckon theyll save it for christchurch....... :o :( :shock: :o :( !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey!!! don't be mean.
  • Don't you have your own thread for the black talk dp :geek:
    Bitch Be Cool 8)
    BRISBANE 1998,2003,2006,2009!!!
    Christchurch 2009
    Oh I'm a lucky man to count those I love on two hands

come say hi on facebook http://www.facebook.com/sean.montgomery