New Zealand

Comments

• topaztopaz Posts: 301
    Right on cuz! he he
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    i'm soooo looking forward to the moment the stage lights dim or whatever happens in an outdoor concert and the band first appears. i'm gonna scream my fucking head off...
  • DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    Yo my friendly wiki's....anyone know how long it takes to drive from Auckland to Papakura North??
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    DonJon wrote:
    Yo my friendly wiki's....anyone know how long it takes to drive from Auckland to Papakura North??
    Depends on Traffic and depends on where to where. Papakura is still considered "Auckland" really. It's maybe half an hour on the motorway. I work near the CBD and we have people working there that live in Papakura. It's not that far, but traffic can be a nightmare.
    DonJon wrote:

but it ain't walking distance!
  • DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    Righto thanks for that guys.

Gonna hire a car and drive there so I assume I should do so outside of peak hours (eg before and after work)????

Happy Birthday Pony!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • joewalshdcjoewalshdc Posts: 948
    edited September 2009
    Hey fellow kiwis...(well actually im an irishman who calls NZ home..)..Im a musician who moved to NZ in 2005 to be part of The Jordan Luck Band (singer from The Exponents)...Im also an obsessive PJ fan....

Ive got a question for you....the last time PJ played at the Mt Smart Super Top my fellow band mate opened for PJ...his band's name was Dead Flowers...he still tells me that it was one of his most memorable shows with Dead Flowers...just wondering if any of you saw their set...Id love to hear about it...His name is Bryan Bell and he was the lead singer of Dead Flowers...I do have the bootlegs of PJ sets, altho the quality of theme are really awful...I'd love to hear if any of you saw the Dead Flowers set...He's not a big PJ fan and he constantly winds me up that he only sees PJ when he opens for them!!!

Cant wait for this years tour...doing Mel, Syd, Bris, Akl and CC....Hopefully hear some stories from you guys!!
    ... :D
    Post edited by joewalshdc on
    i used to be a big DF fan... i even got Bryan and Damon's autographs once.... but I haven't heard anything nice about that opening set on this site.
  • doompony wrote:
    i used to be a big DF fan... i even got Bryan and Damon's autographs once.... but I haven't heard anything nice about that opening set on this site.

Oh does that mean they didnt go down well? I am gonna tell him you all hated them anyway!!! :D
    i wasn't there... too young, wasn't allowed to go. my cousin went... didn't comment on the dead flowers, but all the comments i've seen on here have been.. uh.. negative.

BUT that was before the dead flowers became a relatively well known and popular band. their self titled was one of the hugest albums at my high school in 1998 and remains one of my favourite albums.

i remember reading a thing about the gig though... that bryan was hanging out in the carpark or something before the show and vedder was peddling about in the area around the fans with a cowboy hat on.. no one knew it was him..and vedder approached bryan and introduced himself.
  • doompony wrote:
    i wasn't there... too young, wasn't allowed to go. my cousin went... didn't comment on the dead flowers, but all the comments i've seen on here have been.. uh.. negative.

BUT that was before the dead flowers became a relatively well known and popular band. their self titled was one of the hugest albums at my high school in 1998 and remains one of my favourite albums.

i remember reading a thing about the gig though... that bryan was hanging out in the carpark or something before the show and vedder was peddling about in the area around the fans with a cowboy hat on.. no one knew it was him..and vedder approached bryan and introduced himself.

totally true...yeah he loves telling me that story and rubbing it in!!...Ed rode up and asked if Bryan was the singer and he told him he had a great voice...the self titled DF album is great...I can see tho that some people on here wouldnt be that in to them!!!...Pity he didnt get the support this time!!! ;)
  • Just searched "dead flowers" in this forum....um...not much love for them on here..."booed off"...??? Really?
  • joewalshdc wrote:
    Just searched "dead flowers" in this forum....um...not much love for them on here..."booed off"...??? Really?
    yeah in brisbane everyone was sitting in ga
    Bitch Be Cool 8)
    BRISBANE 1998,2003,2006,2009!!!
    Christchurch 2009
    Oh I'm a lucky man to count those I love on two hands

come say hi on facebook http://www.facebook.com/sean.montgomery
  • joewalshdc wrote:
    Just searched "dead flowers" in this forum....um...not much love for them on here..."booed off"...??? Really?

Brisbane?? Dead Flowers didnt play Brisbane man....
  • joewalshdc wrote:
    joewalshdc wrote:

Brisbane?? Dead Flowers didnt play Brisbane man....
    woops I'm thinking about shudder to think

nevermind me

carrie on
    Bitch Be Cool 8)
    BRISBANE 1998,2003,2006,2009!!!
    Christchurch 2009
    Oh I'm a lucky man to count those I love on two hands

come say hi on facebook http://www.facebook.com/sean.montgomery
    joewalshdc wrote:
    doompony wrote:

totally true...yeah he loves telling me that story and rubbing it in!!...Ed rode up and asked if Bryan was the singer and he told him he had a great voice...the self titled DF album is great...I can see tho that some people on here wouldnt be that in to them!!!...Pity he didnt get the support this time!!! ;)

kick him in the balls next time he mocks. if he's not a fan he doesn't get to brag. tell him i'll break the album if i hear of one more instance. that'll learn him.

i'd say it's a pity he ddn't get the support... but... hell no. we get to see liam finn! i wouldn't trade him in for all the tea in china.
    shudder to think didn't win the crowd over in wellington. they got booed..which i thought was a touch rude, but hey. the crowd reacts how it reacts.
  • Can't wait for these shows - my first trip to NZ - coming from Boston.

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• joewalshdc wrote:
    Hey fellow kiwis...(well actually im an irishman who calls NZ home..)..Im a musician who moved to NZ in 2005 to be part of The Jordan Luck Band (singer from The Exponents)...Im also an obsessive PJ fan....

Ive got a question for you....the last time PJ played at the Mt Smart Super Top my fellow band mate opened for PJ...his band's name was Dead Flowers...he still tells me that it was one of his most memorable shows with Dead Flowers...just wondering if any of you saw their set...Id love to hear about it...His name is Bryan Bell and he was the lead singer of Dead Flowers...I do have the bootlegs of PJ sets, altho the quality of theme are really awful...I'd love to hear if any of you saw the Dead Flowers set...He's not a big PJ fan and he constantly winds me up that he only sees PJ when he opens for them!!!

Cant wait for this years tour...doing Mel, Syd, Bris, Akl and CC....Hopefully hear some stories from you guys!!
    mate - you've got the same itinerary as me, you got TC tix for all the shows?
    The self titled DF album was great (You Drink the Water I'll Drink the Wine, I Wanna Know etc). I think they opened for Guns n Roses earlier on too.
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    West Palm Beach - Jun 11, 08
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    Christchurch - Nov 29, 09
    EV - Bris - Mar 10 & 12, 11
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
  • Them Crooked Vultures shows announced today for Auckland and Wellington!
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
  • bm12music wrote:
    joewalshdc wrote:

The self titled DF album was great (You Drink the Water I'll Drink the Wine, I Wanna Know etc). I think they opened for Guns n Roses earlier on too.

Yeah the fucker has opened for some serious bands...as has Jordan...I only got to know the guys when I opened for The Exponents in Europe...now Im here in the band with them...too many stories to tell!!!! Im still gonna tell Bryan the self titled album was shite!!!
  • Can't wait for these shows - my first trip to NZ - coming from Boston.

wow awesome...gotta say Boston is one of my favourite cities in the world...one of my best friends is from Bean Town...I love it....Yawky Way, Santarpios, The Plough!!! And The Littlest Bar is no longer...Brutal
  • joewalshdc wrote:
    bm12music wrote:
    joewalshdc wrote:

Yeah the fucker has opened for some serious bands...as has Jordan...I only got to know the guys when I opened for The Exponents in Europe...now Im here in the band with them...too many stories to tell!!!! Im still gonna tell Bryan the self titled album was shite!!!
    haha, you would have played the Mangawhai Tavern at some stage then? That's home town for me. You guys touring this summer?
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
  • ah yeah I love playing there... done some great shows there..& yeah we are touring this summer altho things still to be ironed out...we've been confirmed for Rhythm and Vines on New Years Eve with Editors, Moby and 2ManyDjs...that will be awesome...the new single is going well for us so all good...Theres a few shows in November that I wouldnt of minded being part ot too ;) ....you know, Hello Sailor opened for The Who...we could do a set before Liam!!!!!!! As they say in The Castle...TELL HIM HE'S DREAMING....
  • joewalshdc wrote:
    ah yeah I love playing there... done some great shows there..& yeah we are touring this summer altho things still to be ironed out...we've been confirmed for Rhythm and Vines on New Years Eve with Editors, Moby and 2ManyDjs...that will be awesome...the new single is going well for us so all good...Theres a few shows in November that I wouldnt of minded being part ot too ;) ....you know, Hello Sailor opened for The Who...we could do a set before Liam!!!!!!! As they say in The Castle...TELL HIM HE'S DREAMING....
    haha - Dad? A guy's selling a pair of jousting sticks. Jousting sticks? What's he want for 'em? Make us an offer. Give him a call? Yeah. Dad? 450. For jousting sticks? Tell him he's dreamin'!
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
  • bm12music wrote:
    joewalshdc wrote:
    ah yeah I love playing there... done some great shows there..& yeah we are touring this summer altho things still to be ironed out...we've been confirmed for Rhythm and Vines on New Years Eve with Editors, Moby and 2ManyDjs...that will be awesome...the new single is going well for us so all good...Theres a few shows in November that I wouldnt of minded being part ot too ;) ....you know, Hello Sailor opened for The Who...we could do a set before Liam!!!!!!! As they say in The Castle...TELL HIM HE'S DREAMING....
    haha - Dad? A guy's selling a pair of jousting sticks. Jousting sticks? What's he want for 'em? Make us an offer. Give him a call? Yeah. Dad? 450. For jousting sticks? Tell him he's dreamin'!

Hows the serenity....???
  • joewalshdc wrote:

Hows the serenity....???
    So much serenity
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
    dad... i dug another hole in the garden... and it's filling with water....

i've never seen jordan luck.. never saw the exponents.

ever played with fur patrol? they my bitches :)http://furpatrol.ratpony.com
  • doompony wrote:
    dad... i dug another hole in the garden... and it's filling with water....

i've never seen jordan luck.. never saw the exponents.

ever played with fur patrol? they my bitches :)http://furpatrol.ratpony.com
    Never seen the Exponents - I thought everyone in NZ had!
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
    nope.. musta been too young. when did they split up? late 90s? i wouldn't have been old enough to get into a pub. they changed the drunking age down to 18 when i was 19.