New Zealand

Comments

• topaztopaz Posts: 301
    And it says western springs instead of mt smart stadium??!!??
  • scottdmscottdm Posts: 148
    10club emailed me and said it is definitely western springs. This is what I heard a few weeks ago....
  • bm12musicbm12music Posts: 292
    Wohoo, we finally know! No TC seating :( Priority entry :)

When was last called Jade Stadium?? Damn the Aussie tix are expensive!
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    West Palm Beach - Jun 11, 08
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    Christchurch - Nov 29, 09
    EV - Bris - Mar 10 & 12, 11
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    Someone better sort their stuff out. Either 10C or Ticketek. I saw an ad in the paper yesterday, but didn't notice what venue it said.

I don't mind Western Springs, but why not have seats on the field? Rolling Stones did, The Police did. That way they'd fill the place a bit easier. Maybe they're happy just to have the field and terraces full. Are there enough seats to have Gold/Silver seating there?!

It's no surprise that the tickets are more expensive, they always are for intl. I remember last time wondering if they were in AUD! If you're not going to use the early entry then there's no point buying 10C tickets (unless you want a crack at expensive presale posters too). I wonder if posters will sell out in NZ, they are not usually all that popular here. It'd be great to be able to grab one after the gig, although I'll probably still be pretty sweaty.
    Its listed on the Mt Smart site so it must be a typo along with the Jade one! I forgot about the exchange rate which no doubt makes the Oz and NZ tix very similar :lol:
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
    Usually tickets in Oz and NZ are the same price, ie. AUD = NZD, so we get a good deal. This time around tickets are even more expensive in Oz, so they get double screwed. When I saw USD$240 per pair I was pretty shocked. Lucky ours are more reasonable. Still feel a bit ripped off, since we dont get much of an advantage from it. Oh well, don't have to buy 10C do we?
    anyone need a ticket for CHCH? I gotta buy a pair but only need want one? Cost plus zero of course (or maybe a pint:)
    Just for the sake of clarity, it's definitely Mt Smart Stadium
    You sure?

I got this today:

Sent: Thursday, August 06, 2009 12:44 PM
    To: Scott XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Subject: Re: Auckland Show Venue

Western Springs is the correct venue.

Best,
    10c

On 8/5/09 5:29 PM, "Scott XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX> wrote:
    Hi there

In your initial tour announcement, you said the show was to be at Mt Smart Stadium. In the 10 club ticket email, it is stated as Western Springs. Has the venue changed?

Regards,
    Scott
  • scottdm wrote:
    You sure?

I got this today:

Sent: Thursday, August 06, 2009 12:44 PM
    To: Scott XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Subject: Re: Auckland Show Venue

Western Springs is the correct venue.

Best,
    10c

On 8/5/09 5:29 PM, "Scott XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX> wrote:
    Hi there

In your initial tour announcement, you said the show was to be at Mt Smart Stadium. In the 10 club ticket email, it is stated as Western Springs. Has the venue changed?

Regards,
    Scott

Wow this venue thing is crazy - I assumed 10c getting the wrong venue info in given the jade thing, kinda basics isn't it??
    So does anyone else think there is still hope for a fron section GA like U2 and Big Day Out apparently had??
    I talked to Mt Smart, and they contacted the promoters and got back to me and said yes, definitely at Mt Smart Stadium. Confusing huh? And sorry dude, think we can all relinquish the dream of any kind of 10C bonus (including seperate GA area) looks like its GA (early entry) all the way. I'm undecided still as to whether I want GA field tikets or the gold reserve seats but leaning towards GA field now...just to add to the experience...altho at 5foot2 and 6 months pregnant(as of Nov) it's gonna be an "experience" alright - don't think they'll let me take in a box to stand on...
    topaz wrote:
    I talked to Mt Smart, and they contacted the promoters and got back to me and said yes, definitely at Mt Smart Stadium. Confusing huh? And sorry dude, think we can all relinquish the dream of any kind of 10C bonus (including seperate GA area) looks like its GA (early entry) all the way. I'm undecided still as to whether I want GA field tikets or the gold reserve seats but leaning towards GA field now...just to add to the experience...altho at 5foot2 and 6 months pregnant(as of Nov) it's gonna be an "experience" alright - don't think they'll let me take in a box to stand on...
    I think even a little further back in GA will be better than the seats. I've sat in the seats for BDO and it's OK, but I'd rather be at the back of the barrier any day. Hopefully they'll at least barrier off the front part.
    shit Aussie tickets work out at over $180 NZD each for GA!!
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
    bm12music wrote:
    They are about NZD$160 from ticketek anyway, so it's about the same. Aussie tickets are always more than ours.

Did anyone else get the Visa presale email? Talks about VIP tickets for $150?
    bazzer wrote:
    bm12music wrote:
    They are about NZD$160 from ticketek anyway, so it's about the same. Aussie tickets are always more than ours.

Yeah, saw that - just emailed them to ask what it is all about??
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
  • man now i dont know what to do? i dont have a visa card only mastercard-is it worth going through 10c? havnt done this before so i have no idea, but looks like everyones saying we are getting ripped off. but i would really love to get close to the stage so early entrance would be a great thing.

also, it states that the presale starts tomorrow for the aussie-this includes us right????
    Christchurch, New Zealand 2009

bm12music wrote:
    bazzer wrote:
    bm12music wrote:

Yeah, saw that - just emailed them to ask what it is all about??
    I did one better, I rang the concierge service ;) They have to check and get back to me. I suppose I could check with ticketek too...
  • Crikey it's a bit of a struggle having to bounce between all these threads on the same topic

Fingers crossed we hear something back re this VIP thing so we can make informed purchases tomorrow!
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Crikey it's a bit of a struggle having to bounce between all these threads on the same topic

Fingers crossed we hear something back re this VIP thing so we can make informed purchases tomorrow!

That's what I was just thinking! :D Plus I'm on two other PJ forums as well! Starting to go a bit crazy!
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • man now i dont know what to do? i dont have a visa card only mastercard-is it worth going through 10c? havnt done this before so i have no idea, but looks like everyones saying we are getting ripped off. but i would really love to get close to the stage so early entrance would be a great thing.

also, it states that the presale starts tomorrow for the aussie-this includes us right????

quoting myself! im going 10c :D
    Christchurch, New Zealand 2009

• The general admission for the police was terrible. Sitting way up on the enbankment was shit. Great show but shit trying not to slide down the hill. It's not gonna be at springs is it? If so will GA be at the front at springs?
    New Zealand,95 Auckland 1 & 2, 98 Auckland & Wellington,
    Canada, Vancouver 2000
    Auckland & Christchurch 2009
    Melbourne 1&2 EV Solo 2011
  • The Mt Smart Stadium web site has info for the Pearl Jam show. It's not Western Springs. Yay!! Western Springs can be terrible sometimes.

Maybe they'll have setup like the BDO with the area in front of the D rail
    New Zealand,95 Auckland 1 & 2, 98 Auckland & Wellington,
    Canada, Vancouver 2000
    Auckland & Christchurch 2009
    Melbourne 1&2 EV Solo 2011
  • raarraar Posts: 30
    Hiya

My preferences were not set up correctly with my ticketek account and i did not receive the presale information email.
    Could some nice person forward it to me?

<!-- e --><a href="mailto:julius5@xtra.co.nz">julius5@xtra.co.nz</a><!-- e -->

Cheers
    NZ Pearl Jam Fan
    raar wrote:
    Hiya

My preferences were not set up correctly with my ticketek account and i did not receive the presale information email.
    Could some nice person forward it to me?

<!-- e --><a href="mailto:julius5@xtra.co.nz">julius5@xtra.co.nz</a><!-- e -->

Cheers
    You're not getting 10C tickets? There isn't really anything in the presale email (you mean the visa one?), just what's on visaentertainment.co.nz really. Tickets on sale 11th.
  • raarraar Posts: 30
    I am getting ten club tickets but my girlfriend who will be very pregnant will need a seat
    NZ Pearl Jam Fan
    raar wrote:
    I am getting ten club tickets but my girlfriend who will be very pregnant will need a seat
    Sweet. I don't have the email on me, but it didn't have any useful info. I pasted some of it somewhere, maybe this thread. The important info is it goes on sale on the 11th, 12pm. Tickets are $100 and $120 with "limited VIP" tickets at $150. There may be some more info on the website by next Tuesday.
    bazzer wrote:
    raar wrote:
    Sweet. I don't have the email on me, but it didn't have any useful info. I pasted some of it somewhere, maybe this thread. The important info is it goes on sale on the 11th, 12pm. Tickets are $100 and $120 with "limited VIP" tickets at $150. There may be some more info on the website by next Tuesday.
    No word from Ticketek re VIP tix? Are you getting TC tix??
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
    I'm gonna be real pissed if they are giving VIP tix for $10 more than our 10C tix and they get bloody side of stage seating or something!!!! but like a real sucker i'm just about to get my 2 10c tix....let the adventures begin. keep us posted about those VIP tix if anyone finds out about them...
    pulled the trigger on TC tix
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
    same here - auckland here I come!!!!!!! sweeet! now, to be honest, all the speculation and disapointment at no 10c priority is fading away with the realisation that....after 14 years(for me).....in a couple of months we are going to see Pearl Jam again! We really are! stoked. so see ya at auckland then 10clubbers?