New Zealand

Comments

• scottdmscottdm Posts: 148
    Im doing both, she will do Auckland only as she doesnt want to fly when she is 6.5 months pregnant
  • raarraar Posts: 30
    Im doing both, she will do Auckland only as she doesnt want to fly when she is 6.5 months pregnant

My girlfriend must be totally nuts then! She will be almost 8 months pregnant and want to go to the chch concert and fly up to Auckland to go again. It all depends on the tickets though, if TC are GA then we will probably only do chch as we will have to go through ticketek so she can have a seat
    NZ Pearl Jam Fan
    You might want to check with the airlines as to their policy for flying whilst pregnant...
  • raarraar Posts: 30
    She has done that and checked with her midwife, if the pregnancy is normal and fine she can fly till she is 36 weeks
    NZ Pearl Jam Fan
  • topaztopaz Posts: 301
    I'll be roughly 6 months pregnant by the time the concert rolls around, so am in much the same boat seating wise. Signs of an aging fan base or what - all these pregnant women in the forums! Just cause I'll be pregnant though doesn't mean I"m going to be an invalid, and I'm pretty sure I'd rather be in the field than in the bleacher seats a million miles away from the stage with my binoculars.... wouldn't I? I can't imagine any of those bleacher seats at ericson providing a good view. Correct me if I'm wrong anyone, I've really only had BDO experience there.

Are the gold tickets field and silver bleachers?
    Who knows? It could be like the Who, with GA behind and to the side of the seating..........
  • blaircblairc Posts: 8
    www.showbiz.co.nz has a pre sale on now!!!!!. gold reserve seated, gold reserve standing or silver reserve (GA)

tough call. to wait for 10C or just buy the fuckers right now
  • I. am. so. confused.
    So you can buy tickets NOW? Before the ten club presale and before the visa presale and before the general ticketek sale??
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    You're not really buying a ticket, you're buying a promise of a ticekt once they go on sale. If you try to buy reserved seating you get "To Be Allocated", and you pay extra for the priviledge. I wouldn't bother. If 10C still hasn't announced anything by the Visa presale and you want seated I'd buy then. At least you'll know what you're getting and if they're good you can always sell them on if you decide to get 10C tickets (if they give them to us).
  • bazzer wrote:
    You're not really buying a ticket, you're buying a promise of a ticekt once they go on sale. If you try to buy reserved seating you get "To Be Allocated", and you pay extra for the priviledge. I wouldn't bother. If 10C still hasn't announced anything by the Visa presale and you want seated I'd buy then. At least you'll know what you're getting and if they're good you can always sell them on if you decide to get 10C tickets (if they give them to us).
    Thanks heaps. I normally wouldn't be this "must know now what's going on!!!" if it weren't for the fact that I leave early Friday morning for a two week holiday in Asia so needa suss out what I tell my friends to do so that I/we get the best tickets we can (ie DON'T want to be up in the stands.. hoping just for GA on the ground so that I can also meet up with other friends who will be going but not buying tickets with us)
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    nz_spanna wrote:
    Thanks heaps. I normally wouldn't be this "must know now what's going on!!!" if it weren't for the fact that I leave early Friday morning for a two week holiday in Asia so needa suss out what I tell my friends to do so that I/we get the best tickets we can (ie DON'T want to be up in the stands.. hoping just for GA on the ground so that I can also meet up with other friends who will be going but not buying tickets with us)
    Pretty much certain that if we get 10C tickets, we'll be able to get GA tickets. The question is does it entitle us to early entry? If not, then probably just as well off to get them in the Visa or Ticketek sale. I don't think GA will sell out that fast. The reason I say this is 10C tickets are likely to be a little more expensive that from Ticketek and if there's no advantage, why would you bother? The only other thing you might miss out on is access to the poster presale (if they have one).

If 10C has early entry/separate section you have to work out if the premium price is worth the benefit. I'm assuming tickets will be is USD so you'll need to make sure your friends can convert. I wouldn't expect 10C tickets to be any more than those showbiz tickets (i.e. maybe $20 more per ticket).

10C may also have the option of seated, in which case I'd expect it to be based on seniority. Of course, everything changes if they have seats on the field and GA behind that, in which case seniority based 10C tickets would be my choice. It's doubtful, but you'll have to be ready to change it up if things like this happen.

Since the Visa sale is 11th, I'm expecting 10C sale this weekend actually. I'm sure the 06 Oz sale was on a Saturday (yep, May 12th 2006 US time = Friday, Saturday here) so it would make sense. Tickets were USD$175 per pair ~= $270 at current exchange rate. I don't remember what the exchange rate was like back then but I think it worked out about $300, which was AUD$250 and tickets were actually AUD$100 so that gives you an idea.
  • EnzedEnzed Posts: 487
    bm12music wrote:
    Enzed wrote:
    bazzer wrote:
    I'm a vinyl collector. I have all the albums, some singles (all fanclub "except" 91,92,93 :D plus others). I don't really want to get all the singles but I'd love to get the early fanclub ones, the basketball Ten but too much!

What about posters? I have the 98 framed with my ticket but again the 95 one costs too much! I never even saw it at the show, but then if I had it wouldn't be in mint condition now anyway Im sure. I missed my bus after that show and had to walk home to Howick!

I had both the 95 and 98 posters, but subsequently lost them in some move-or-other over the years. I have a dream that one day my folks will find them somewhere...
    was the '95 one, the one with the Zebra on it? We must be getting close to an announcement??

yeah, zebra fireworks one...from memory I think it also had 'Aukland' misspelt on it...gawd I wish I still had them...
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
  • EnzedEnzed Posts: 487
    bazzer wrote:
    shit like this shouldn't be allowed. :evil:
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
  • bm12musicbm12music Posts: 292
    only one gig in Europe has early entry for GA this year I think??
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    West Palm Beach - Jun 11, 08
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    Christchurch - Nov 29, 09
    EV - Bris - Mar 10 & 12, 11
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
    Apparently 'gold reserve' tickets are the seats in the bleachers closest to the stage. I'm still not convinced that these would be any better than being on the field and having the freedom to move around to a spot that suits, but I really don't know as I'm just speculating. I really doubt there is going to be a seperate 10C area. Prove me wrong 10C!

Any advice on seating plan of ericson would be much apreciated! perhaps those seats at the front would prove to be good...
    So Gold reserve seats for Auckland, GA for CHCH. that will do me
    are you going to do the showbiz thing with gold reserve or hope that's what 10C offer? man dunno when going to a bloody concert has proven so much of a deal before! not just any concert tho huh people?! man i'm so excited.
    Ill wait till the visa presale, and if no 10c by then, ill buy on that.

I am relaxed about getting tickets. It wont be like U2, it wont sell out on Day 1
  • I noticed in the tour section the Auckland venue is refered to as "Mt Smart Supertop". In the past that has obviously literally meant a show in the Supertop. Is this simply an old generic term now being used for Ericsson Stadium?
    New Zealand,95 Auckland 1 & 2, 98 Auckland & Wellington,
    Canada, Vancouver 2000
    Auckland & Christchurch 2009
    Melbourne 1&2 EV Solo 2011
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Looks like I'm coming.... :D Oh yeahhhhh......

Hello everyone! :mrgreen:
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Hey ziggy. See you at the shows! Thanks for keeping the tour thread rolling along while we wait for the news.
    Canada, Vancouver 2000
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Looks like I'm coming.... :D Oh yeahhhhh......

Hello everyone! :mrgreen:
    sweet - I'm coming over your way
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
    I noticed in the tour section the Auckland venue is refered to as "Mt Smart Supertop". In the past that has obviously literally meant a show in the Supertop. Is this simply an old generic term now being used for Ericsson Stadium?
    Yeah I saw that - must be a typo. Ericsson has gone too and its called Mt Smart Stadium now.
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
    I cant remember the last concert that was at the supertop (apart from a BDO stage) I saw the Foo's there in 05, but since vector I dont know if there has been one...
    scottdm wrote:
    I cant remember the last concert that was at the supertop (apart from a BDO stage) I saw the Foo's there in 05, but since vector I dont know if there has been one...
    Wicked Foos gig too! Loud!
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
  • I used to love how the condensation would drip off the roof of the super top during a raging show.
    I didn't realise it was still standing. Has been a while for me. Living in the South Island for decade now.
    Saw some cool shows there in my time. Ahhh those were the days...
    Canada, Vancouver 2000
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Hi guys! Can't wait to meet some of you here and in NZ! :mrgreen:

So let's get down to business....who can score me weed in NZ? :D;)
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    and a little boy waits...
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
    Help help I'm confused! We have what we've been waiting for - the presales announcement...but according to my calculations it's more expensive to order through 10C - $277 NZD for a pair vs $240 thru ticketek - and for what? Early entrance? I'm not really that phased on early entrance cause you end up losing your spot anyway if you need to get a drink/ use bathroom etc....

So I"m wondering if I should just wait for the public sale now, especially since I was leaning towards the gold reserve seats which I'm unsure you can even get thru 10C

bit bummed we don't get priority apart from the early entrance thing but ah well, won't be sad for long, once I have my tickets I'll just be yee-ah