New Zealand

Comments

• blaircblairc Posts: 8
    Hell yeah we would certainly give them a welcome back to be remembered..... 11 years is a long time. i was there in 95 and 98 and at the seven worlds colide show.. it sure will be nice to see them here and not have to travel to see them live.
  • DananDanan Posts: 94
    Hey fellow Kiwi Jammers!

I'm heading over from Wellington to Seattle for the two shows on Sep 21 and 22. I've picked up 10C tickets for both nights, and am looking for a concert buddy. I've just rejoined and am on my third number, so it's fresh as.

Just thought I'd check in with the locals first before I start advertising on the Seattle threads. Any other Kiwis (or Aussies for that matter) feel spontaneously inspired for a pilgrimage?

D
    Wellington 26/2/98
    Melbourne 13/11/06
    Melbourne 14/11/06
    Melbourne 16/11/06
    Seattle 21/9/09
    Seattle 22/9/09
    Auckland 27/11/09
    Christchurch 29/11/09
  • topaztopaz Posts: 301
    Oh man I am soooo jealous! Pearl Jam in Seattle??!!

I like your style,bro, but it won't be me joining you in Seattle

it WILL be me joining you up front when they come to NZ tho

be sure to tell us all about your adventures

once again am veeery jealous

tope
  • EnzedEnzed Posts: 487
    bazzer wrote:
    I'm a vinyl collector. I have all the albums, some singles (all fanclub "except" 91,92,93 :D plus others). I don't really want to get all the singles but I'd love to get the early fanclub ones, the basketball Ten but too much!

What about posters? I have the 98 framed with my ticket but again the 95 one costs too much! I never even saw it at the show, but then if I had it wouldn't be in mint condition now anyway Im sure. I missed my bus after that show and had to walk home to Howick!

I had both the 95 and 98 posters, but subsequently lost them in some move-or-other over the years. I have a dream that one day my folks will find them somewhere...
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
  • Def playing in NZ. Came directly from Ed/Jill/Booms mouth when i met them in Hawaii. I just read that they're booked in for 27th Nov at AMI Stadium?? Not sure where that is. Means they wont be here in Oz till like 1st December, and apparently they're booked in for Hawaii on 16/17th Dec. Fingers crossed for NZ, never been there before and PJ is def a reason to go haha.
    AMI stadium is in Christchurch. anyone know what it's like as a venue? I know they are doing it up. I will definitely be attending both (or all) the gigs I can whilst PJ are here

if only they'd bloody tell us when they'll be so we can organise things...sigh
  • DananDanan Posts: 94
    topaz wrote:
    Oh man I am soooo jealous! Pearl Jam in Seattle??!!

I like your style,bro, but it won't be me joining you in Seattle

it WILL be me joining you up front when they come to NZ tho

be sure to tell us all about your adventures

once again am veeery jealous

tope

Cheers matey! Your enthusiasm is much appreciated. That's right, the NZ homecoming is going to be mega!
    Wellington 26/2/98
    Melbourne 13/11/06
    Melbourne 14/11/06
    Melbourne 16/11/06
    Seattle 21/9/09
    Seattle 22/9/09
    Auckland 27/11/09
    Christchurch 29/11/09
  • bm12musicbm12music Posts: 292
    Enzed wrote:
    bazzer wrote:
    I'm a vinyl collector. I have all the albums, some singles (all fanclub "except" 91,92,93 :D plus others). I don't really want to get all the singles but I'd love to get the early fanclub ones, the basketball Ten but too much!

What about posters? I have the 98 framed with my ticket but again the 95 one costs too much! I never even saw it at the show, but then if I had it wouldn't be in mint condition now anyway Im sure. I missed my bus after that show and had to walk home to Howick!

I had both the 95 and 98 posters, but subsequently lost them in some move-or-other over the years. I have a dream that one day my folks will find them somewhere...
    was the '95 one, the one with the Zebra on it? We must be getting close to an announcement??
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    West Palm Beach - Jun 11, 08
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    Christchurch - Nov 29, 09
    EV - Bris - Mar 10 & 12, 11
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    That's the one. It's a kinda shitty looking poster on thin glossy paper so I find it hard to justify the cost. Apparently it was only $2 at the gig. One day it will be mine...
  • raarraar Posts: 30
    Just found this on stuff:

Pearl Jam set for Christchurch date

Grunge rockers Pearl Jam are set to play in Christchurch in November.

AMI Stadium managers have not confirmed the Seattle band's concert, but are preparing to announce "something big" in the next week.

Vbase chief executive Bryan Pearson was aware of the Pearl Jam rumours, "but any arrangement we have is subject to confidentiality so we cannot comment on them".

United States music magazine Rolling Stone reports that Pearl Jam have promised to visit New Zealand in November.

Pearl Jam shot to fame in the early 1990s as part of the grunge movement, with hits like Jeremy and Alive.

They have sold more than 60 million albums worldwide.

The band will release its new album Backspacer on September 20 and the first single The Fixer is out now.

So Only one more week to wait to find out the definite date, woohoo
    NZ Pearl Jam Fan
    yeeeeaaaaayyyy! can't wait...trying to be patient
    raar wrote:
    Just found this on stuff:

Pearl Jam set for Christchurch date

AMI Stadium managers have not confirmed the Seattle band's concert, but are preparing to announce "something big" in the next week.

Vbase chief executive Bryan Pearson was aware of the Pearl Jam rumours, "but any arrangement we have is subject to confidentiality so we cannot comment on them".

United States music magazine Rolling Stone reports that Pearl Jam have promised to visit New Zealand in November.

Pearl Jam shot to fame in the early 1990s as part of the grunge movement, with hits like Jeremy and Alive.

The band will release its new album Backspacer on September 20 and the first single The Fixer is out now.

So Only one more week to wait to find out the definite date, woohoo
    That is so arse. If they're happy to play there, why not come in 2003/2006? Anyway, I'll be happy to see them here again at last!
    I haven't been there, but wouldn't Westpac Arena be more suitable? Won't AMI be too big? Unless they only play one show in Christchurch? Bon Jovi did it, right? What size crowd would they expect there, I wonder. They wouldn't be able to pull a show in Auckland too, right?

That'd be really disappointing. No offense intended to the South, but a one off stadium show in Christchurch is not what I had in mind for their big return after 11 years.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,853
    good for you guys!
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    good for you guys!
    But a stadium show in Christchurch?!
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,853
    bazzer wrote:
    good for you guys!
    But a stadium show in Christchurch?!

Hey all I know is that Pearl Jam doesn't come to NZ often so you guys should take what you can get!

Christchurch huh? Sounds like a place with a lot of tradition.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • scottdmscottdm Posts: 148

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/mu ... hurch-date
    So are we thinking this will be it for NZ, one stadium gig?
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
    bm12music wrote:
    So are we thinking this will be it for NZ, one stadium gig?
    I sure hope not, but rumours in Oz for the same thing, single stadium show in each city. I dunno. Doesn't seem right to me, but we'll find out next week I guess.
    Any tips on how to convince a pregnant wive to let me go to chch?
    scottdm wrote:
    Any tips on how to convince a pregnant wive to let me go to chch?
    tell her Pearl Jam is playing - good enough excuse isn't it :) Good luck!
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
    She's pissed she might not be able to go...
  • raarraar Posts: 30
    My pregnant girlfriend will be coming with me to the shows in NZ (if there is more than one). Chch is only a 3 hour drive for us but she will still fly up to Auckland as well if they play there, as long as they let her on the plane. I think providing there is no problems air NZ & the midwife will let her fly till 36 weeks. So she is hoping for no north island shows after december 6 or 7 lol.
    NZ Pearl Jam Fan
  • I'm sure there will be an announcement for a show in Auckland at the same time (ie in the next week) but if it's just Christchurch well hey I'm there! Road trip or fly. Hmmmm.
    whaaaat? now you guys have me completely traumatised - are you telling me they may play only in christchurch?? shiiiit, the suspense, the drama, the excitement....

It would be a HUGE mission for me if they only played a south island gig. Expensive. But, of course, if that's what i'm dealt, I ain't missing it for the world

so hurry up aaaaaaargh!!!! sory had to get that out of my system. feelin slightly better now
    I've heard Western Springs mentioned or possibly a two night stand at vector
    scottdm wrote:
    As much as I love them, there's no way they could do both Western Springs/2 nights at Vector and AMI Stadium... Is there? I think the Western Springs/Vector talk was just speculation.

I hope they either a) don't play 2 stadium (or equivalent) shows or b) manage to sell them both well. I'd hate for them to schedule 2 shows and get a poor turnout. If that happens, who's planning the tour? That would be a big mistake, like booking 2 shows in Auckland in 98 but only playing one!

Maybe with this new radio friendly single they'll get a big turnout. I just don't think they had enough publicity lately to sell like U2 or the like.
    bazzer wrote:
    scottdm wrote:
    As much as I love them, there's no way they could do both Western Springs/2 nights at Vector and AMI Stadium... Is there? I think the Western Springs/Vector talk was just speculation.

I hope they either a) don't play 2 stadium (or equivalent) shows or b) manage to sell them both well. I'd hate for them to schedule 2 shows and get a poor turnout. If that happens, who's planning the tour? That would be a big mistake, like booking 2 shows in Auckland in 98 but only playing one!

Maybe with this new radio friendly single they'll get a big turnout. I just don't think they had enough publicity lately to sell like U2 or the like.
    Yeah that's my feeling too - not sure if they could fill two stadiums?
    I'd prefer arena shows (the smaller the venue the better!), but beggers can't be choosers! The more shows the better!
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
  • LieslLiesl Posts: 64
    YEAHHHH christchurch??!!!!!! Shit i hope thats true, I tell ya what, it will be weird having someone as good as P.J here, the locals wont know wots hit them. :mrgreen: