New Zealand

Comments

• scottdmscottdm Posts: 148
    We will all know 7.05am, Monday morning. I suggest you have the Rock tuned in.....
  • ONCE DEVIDEDONCE DEVIDED Posts: 1,131
    word from the wise
    big shows VENUES, short tour
    just look at the timings
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • puppetzpuppetz Posts: 11
    I havnt been this excited about a concert in a very long time, I just hope the dates work out well considering my sisters wedding is in november! dam her :-)
  • blaircblairc Posts: 8
    gutted if they only play ch ch but oh well will def make the trek down for it. I hope they play auckland also... fingers crossed !! please please please let there be more.
  • bm12musicbm12music Posts: 292
    Its on!!! Two shows!
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    West Palm Beach - Jun 11, 08
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    Christchurch - Nov 29, 09
    EV - Bris - Mar 10 & 12, 11
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    Kiwi's rejoice...the little country that could is back on the map baby! :D
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Yes yes and yes.....thank you Pearl Jam!
  • topaztopaz Posts: 301
    Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaa!!
    Whilst I am over the moon - heck we organised a petition in 03, got close in 06, and now its finally happening - i cant help but wonder - why was mt smart/Ami rejected in 03 and 06, but now they are happy to play there?
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    scottdm wrote:
    Whilst I am over the moon - heck we organised a petition in 03, got close in 06, and now its finally happening - i cant help but wonder - why was mt smart/Ami rejected in 03 and 06, but now they are happy to play there?
    I know! I just hope it's not GA on the field. I've been there, done that. I just want to take advantage of my 10C memberhsip! I've been waiting so long for a home town show!
    Well I want to take my wife to the Auckland Show. She will be 6.5 months pregnant then - I want 10C tickets but am no way putting her in GA!. What to do......

I will probably hit chch too....
    scottdm wrote:
    Well I want to take my wife to the Auckland Show. She will be 6.5 months pregnant then - I want 10C tickets but am no way putting her in GA!. What to do......

I will probably hit chch too....
    I'll go to both. Probably not bother with Oz this time. We'll just have to see what the seating configuration is like. Hopefully like The Who, with GA on the sides and a seated section in the middle. Well, I can handle GA if we get early entry, otherwise I'm not stoked.
    If its like the who, ill be stoked. Still confused why then they couldnt do this in 03/06
  • Hey guys
    Well it's finally real :mrgreen:
    Two stadium gigs in little old NZ who woulda thought! I'd say we'll see some heavy promotion to fill em.
    Not thrilled at the likley GA - our Ten Club will count for jack shit if this is the case, a set-up like The Who would be great but guessing that was to cater for the more ageing fan base. But I agree with acomment elsewhere this isn't 95 or 98 anymore and long term fans will have to wrestle for positions with all and sundry. Hoping we are proved wrong very soon...
    The other option if it is GA is a wristbanded section like U2 did (which was for the first XX thousand that showed up). In this case it would be for Ten Clubbers of course :)
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
    bm12music wrote:
    The other option if it is GA is a wristbanded section like U2 did (which was for the first XX thousand that showed up). In this case it would be for Ten Clubbers of course :)
    U2 setup was OK. We only got back from the Oz tour that day, so hadn't really followed the whole early GA thing (not sure if they advertised it much?). I suspected they were going to do it though, so after some quick research we headed straight down. It was a lot of waiting, but worth it. Made sure my mates knew about it too, and they didn't get there all that early but still got in.

Even at the back of the U2 D, the view was OK, but I'd rather get straight in to the front rail.
    bazzer wrote:
    bm12music wrote:
    U2 setup was OK. We only got back from the Oz tour that day, so hadn't really followed the whole early GA thing (not sure if they advertised it much?). I suspected they were going to do it though, so after some quick research we headed straight down. It was a lot of waiting, but worth it. Made sure my mates knew about it too, and they didn't get there all that early but still got in.

Even at the back of the U2 D, the view was OK, but I'd rather get straight in to the front rail.
    Yeah I was pretty much the same, saw U2 in Oz too so saw how it operated there first. The thing about the U2 shows was there was so much more rail space (because of the catwalks etc) than there would be at at Pearl Jam gig. You gonna do Oz too?
    Fingers crossed for at least one Klausen poster for NZ too!
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
    bm12music wrote:
    Yeah I was pretty much the same, saw U2 in Oz too so saw how it operated there first. The thing about the U2 shows was there was so much more rail space (because of the catwalks etc) than there would be at at Pearl Jam gig. You gonna do Oz too?
    Fingers crossed for at least one Klausen poster for NZ too!
    I probably won't bother this time. My wife won't be able to get time off work, I'll have an exam sometime during the tour, 2 stadium shows is probably enough. I'm sure I'll regret it after waiting another 11 years for them to come back but these are the excuses I'm using at the moment.
  • I'm confused by the wording.. is Ben Harper opening for the NZ shows, or just Liam Finn???
  • also, what's the deal with the pre-sale? looks like on ticketek it's also open to people with visa cards, not just ten club members... hmm...
    nz_spanna wrote:
    also, what's the deal with the pre-sale? looks like on ticketek it's also open to people with visa cards, not just ten club members... hmm...
    There will (presumably) be a separate 10C presale on the website, details of which will be delivered in the next few days I'd think.
    nz_spanna wrote:
    I'm confused by the wording.. is Ben Harper opening for the NZ shows, or just Liam Finn???
    Ben Harper and Relentless7 and Liam Finn - two opening acts

Visa pre sale is different to the TC sale which hasn't been announced yet
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
  • THanks for that.. i just wish they'd hurry up with the TC announcment... i go to vietnam for two weeks on friday and need to give instructions to friends buying me tickets!!
    nz_spanna wrote:
    THanks for that.. i just wish they'd hurry up with the TC announcment... i go to vietnam for two weeks on friday and need to give instructions to friends buying me tickets!!
    I'm sure we'll have details by then, maybe even the sale.
  • Hope so! Little frustrating otherwise...
    Cannot wait for the shows though, and I think this Pearl Jam / Ben Harper combo is totally gonna be worth the 11 year wait... (fingers crossed it just doesn't rain...)
    waiting patiently
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
    I emailed the ten club re my wife being pregnant and buying reserved tickets. They replied that details are still being worked out, but they would tell us before purchase where the tickets we are buying are (ie GA or reserved)
  • scottdm wrote:
    I emailed the ten club re my wife being pregnant and buying reserved tickets. They replied that details are still being worked out, but they would tell us before purchase where the tickets we are buying are (ie GA or reserved)
    So... does that mean that there will be standing/GA room, and then reserved seating space in front of that for ten clubbers? Or that its possible the ten club reserved section will be up in the stands..?
    Argh, I really needa know before tomorrow night so I know what to ask my friends to buy me while I'm away on holiday! (because it's all about me..)
    They said

"Those details are still being worked out."

I replied with

" If possible, at the time of purchase, can we know if we are buying GA or seated? "

And they said:

"You will know before you purchase.

Cheers,
    10c"
  • scottdm wrote:
    They said

"Those details are still being worked out."

I replied with

" If possible, at the time of purchase, can we know if we are buying GA or seated? "

And they said:

"You will know before you purchase.

Cheers,
    10c"
    Thanks scottdm. Sorry, yeah I know I'm being impatient and asking questions that no one can answer at the mo, just curious whether they'll bother putting out a ton of seats on the grass, or what.
    Anywho, you and the wife going to both shows, or just one?