• lukinvedderlukinvedder Posts: 203
    oh my god!!! i cant believe its true..................FUCK YEAH
    Christchurch, New Zealand 2009

hey so how do we go about getting ten club tickets? whats the procedure

• bm12musicbm12music Posts: 292
    Just wait for the announcement of the on sale date, then they will be available through the 10C online store as long as your were a member as at 7 July. You won't know your seat number until you pick up tickets on the day of the show.
    Looking forward to adding another one (or two) of these to the wall too: http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s114 ... G_0587.jpg
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    West Palm Beach - Jun 11, 08
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    Christchurch - Nov 29, 09
    EV - Bris - Mar 10 & 12, 11
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
    bm12music wrote:
    Just wait for the announcement of the on sale date, then they will be available through the 10C online store as long as your were a member as at 7 July. You won't know your seat number until you pick up tickets on the day of the show.
    Looking forward to adding another one (or two) of these to the wall too: http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s114 ... G_0587.jpg

oh my god! where did you get that??? thats amazing. thank you for the info too.

• bm12musicbm12music Posts: 292
    Not sure if you saw this in one of the Aussie threads:
    zezito77 wrote:
    Hey, got an e-mail from a Ben Harper fan stating the following dates!
    He will be opening here as well, nice!!!
    Don't know where he got it from, but looks legit.

Monday 21 September - Seattle, WA - Key Arena - Doors 7.00pm
    Tuesday 22 September - Seattle, WA - Key Arena - Doors 7.00pm
    Wednesday 30 September - Los Angeles, CA - Gibson Amphitheatre - Doors 7.00pm
    Thursday 1 October - Los Angeles, CA - Gibson Amphitheatre - Doors 7.00pm
    Tuesday 6 October - Los Angeles, CA - Gibson Amphitheatre - Doors 7.00pm
    Wednesday 7 October - Los Angeles, CA - Gibson Amphitheatre - Doors 7.00pm
    Friday 9 October - San Diego, CA - Viejas Arena - Doors 7.00pm
    Sunday 22 November - Perth, AUSTRALIA - Subiaco Oval - Doors TBA
    Tuesday 24 November - Adelaide, AUSTRALIA - Entertainment Centre - Doors 7.00pm
    Friday 27 November - Brisbane, AUSTRALIA - Entertainment Centre - Doors 7.00pm
    Monday 30 November - Sydney, AUSTRALIA - Entertainment Centre - Doors 7.00pm
    Friday 4 December - Melbourne, AUSTRALIA - Sidney Myer Music Bowl - Doors 7.00pm
    Wednesday 9 December - Auckland, NEW ZEALAND - Vector Arena - Doors 7.30pm
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    West Palm Beach - Jun 11, 08
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    Christchurch - Nov 29, 09
    EV - Bris - Mar 10 & 12, 11
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
  • LongRoadLongRoad Posts: 421
    If that information is true i have 2 complaints:

1. Huge venues yet again, they've never played a small place here.With that said, the Melb venue would be awesome so i'd have to rethink not going there.. saw PJ outdoors several times in 2000 and love it much better than indoor arenas. Surely it would have to be GA at the outdoor venues? If so I'm definitely there 8-)

2. I really don't like Ben Harper and would much prefer a good Aussie band to open every night. I have a choice not to watch his opening act for sure, but I can see a nightly Indifference duet :roll:
    What happened to the days of supporting the local music scene of the country you're playing in?

Also what about Hawaii? I've already started my holiday planning and dates would be nice at this point :)
  • Kiwi JammerKiwi Jammer Posts: 107
    LongRoad wrote:
    If that information is true i have 2 complaints:

1. Huge venues yet again, they've never played a small place here.With that said, the Melb venue would be awesome so i'd have to rethink not going there.. saw PJ outdoors several times in 2000 and love it much better than indoor arenas. Surely it would have to be GA at the outdoor venues? If so I'm definitely there 8-)

2. I really don't like Ben Harper and would much prefer a good Aussie band to open every night. I have a choice not to watch his opening act for sure, but I can see a nightly Indifference duet :roll:
    What happened to the days of supporting the local music scene of the country you're playing in?

Also what about Hawaii? I've already started my holiday planning and dates would be nice at this point :)

Hey all

Exciting times indeed. A small niggle given the whole AUCKLAND in print on the world tour programme in 06 but hey Vector is built - they will come! Not sure what to make of those leaked dates, would love a Fri/Sat double but hey don't really care!- not 100% they can pull for two here.

Dangerous bagging Ben Harper on a Kiwi thread, he is a legend and for me and others it would be the ultimate opening act, far better than a local act I've hardly heard - Dead Flowers 95 anyone??

I went to the 2 Brisbane shows in 06 - awesome in every way, especially when ED gave Sydney shit and they closed both nights with YLB after not playing in Sydney.

Thinking of heading over for two again but need to think of a good strategy to make my wife understand it is essential to go to 4 shows!! Buying Oz tix and then telling her and taking her along seems the best bet ;)

They will do fan club seating here for sure - lets hope they block out the first rows for us - after all rumour is there are only about 70 of us, what a party that would be! Maybe we should shout out to Kat with a thread pleading our case :mrgreen:
  • Been reading these boards for years but my first post may as well be the day they confirm a NZ tour! Magic stuff! Bring the ticket info on! Will probably do an Aus show as well like in 06' but maybe not Sydney again - the crowd was average the night I went. Nice work kiwi ten club members - we are about to be rewarded with great seats to the best band in the world!
    Welcome along thekiwijammer - nice name! I used to have kiwijammer but something weird happened in the website changeover and I can't get it back!

So you may see a new thread - a wing and a prayer but you never know if you don't ask, I'll flick an email to Ten Club I'm sure they are pretty quiet at the mo :mrgreen: SO you have to help me out on the haka - I work with ex 7s Star Dallas Seymour but unfortunately I look nothing like him 8-)
  • JK109224JK109224 Posts: 604
    The rumour about Vector on the 9th Dec is wrong, just so you know.
    Come to send, not condescend...
    JK109224 wrote:
    The rumour about Vector on the 9th Dec is wrong, just so you know.

Yeah that's the problem with most rumours! - but if you know for a fact its wrong then you must know when they actually are playing here :o

Really its just fun speculating when it appears we will actually get a gig....
  • Cheers mate. I promise there was no foul play in the name game ;) Saw the thread - you've got my support for the haka. I hear there's only a small number of kiwi members but I'd say we'd do ourselves proud!
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    bm12music wrote:
    Dude, is that mine? It looks exactly the same! Except I have my ticket stub in the lower mat. I suppose it's an obvious frame style.
  • topaztopaz Posts: 301
    Hey all

Exciting times indeed. A small niggle given the whole AUCKLAND in print on the world tour programme in 06 but hey Vector is built - they will come! Not sure what to make of those leaked dates, would love a Fri/Sat double but hey don't really care!- not 100% they can pull for two here.

Dangerous bagging Ben Harper on a Kiwi thread, he is a legend and for me and others it would be the ultimate opening act, far better than a local act I've hardly heard - Dead Flowers 95 anyone??

I went to the 2 Brisbane shows in 06 - awesome in every way, especially when ED gave Sydney shit and they closed both nights with YLB after not playing in Sydney.

Thinking of heading over for two again but need to think of a good strategy to make my wife understand it is essential to go to 4 shows!! Buying Oz tix and then telling her and taking her along seems the best bet ;)

They will do fan club seating here for sure - lets hope they block out the first rows for us - after all rumour is there are only about 70 of us, what a party that would be! Maybe we should shout out to Kat with a thread pleading our case :mrgreen:

Agree 100%!! I have had the pleasure of seeing Ben Harper play, and yea, I'm totally down for that as an opening act, for sure!! And yup, lets not revisit Dead Flowers. Was thinking perhaps it may be Liam though, or maybe two opening acts??

I think we definitely deserve those two front rows - but I would say that, wouldn't I? I think Pearl Jam need a proper powhiri actually. But at the least, a haka making sure we get those front seats is I think a must!

I'll see ya there! I just need to know where and when now...
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    bm12music wrote:
    awesome..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Yep I was so hyped for that announcement - dunno if I can bear another two weeks in the dark...

Still when they play the first cords of Corduroy all will be good!

The Aussies seem to do the pre and post match thing pretty well - maybe we can sort something out for Auckland (oh and Wellington, Christchurch, Bowl of Brooklands...)
  • givn2fly26givn2fly26 Posts: 395
    i just got back from a nice holiday over there in april. the south island was a bit chilly.

i hope they come back and play for the kiwis!
    I just got back today from NZ - great country and very beautiful. Did a tour of the South Island. Would love to see them in NZ!!!
  • blaircblairc Posts: 8
    Stoked that PJ are finally set to grace our shores. its been 11 long years. lucky i was able to see eddie with neil finn and friends at the st james.
    also stoked to be flying over to san fran to the outside lands festival next month to see pearl jam play !! might get a sneak peak at the new album?? and now they are set to play in auckland, and 10 C tickets. awesome!!! totally stoked!!!

i am one happy Kiwi fan after all this time...
    Hi guys

Anyone else going crazy from the waiting, waiting?!

Anyways, a startling thought occured to me last night: they arent going to try and make us SIT in our SEATS are they? If, for example, we were seeing PJ at Vector? This all stems from my traumatic experience last year of seeing Split Enz play live for the first time in my life, (was like hearing the soundtrack of my childhood playin out before me really). I caught them at the TSB Arena in Welly, sold out, 5000 people - all SEATED! I thought they were kidding me at first, and I was amazed when, in their opening song of Shark Attack, only about 15 of us around the stadium stood and danced. Come on. It's Shark Attack!! Live!! How could you possibly sit down for that?

Soooo, just thought, they couldn't do that for PJ, could they??!! Because it would be PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE for me to listen to Pearl Jam sitting down nicely and still in my chair. Then I would get kicked out for not complying to the rules, or possibly i would get in a tussle with security etc. might even end up in jail.
  • LongRoadLongRoad Posts: 421
    Security won't make you sit... just don't step outside your invisible seat boundary or that's it :roll:
    *bring back GA*
    can't please me really - '95 i suffered from serious shouldn't-be-in-the-mosh-pit-at-14-years-old

now I"m all don't make me stay still in my seat

be still my whinging heart
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    Glad to see my old neighbours (relocated to the states late last year from Adelaide) getting some PJ show/s.. Hopefully Auckland gets a couple of shows plus Christchurch and even Wellington. ENJOY!
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • raarraar Posts: 30
    I am hoping for seated as I don't think my girlfriend will handle the mosh pit very well as she will be heavily pregnant by then.

We went to brisbane 1 in 06 and that was seated but the whole front sections (10C) stood the entire time pearl jam were onstage.

Can't wait to see them again but I do hope they put us out of our misery and announce the dates!
    NZ Pearl Jam Fan
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    I got told to sit down during openers, KoL, in Melbourne in 06 but during the main event, no one in their right mind was sitting up front. I mean seriously, there was only a handful of people in the arena watching KoL, mostly standing, and I get the one guy behind me that wants to stay seated. "Just move to the next seat buddy, there's no one here yet!" I actually think he stayed seated for PJ too, and grumbled the whole time!
  • knittedknitted Posts: 244
    hey again everyone...shunned the 'new' board til today.

great news GREAT

you know, you COULD get 10c tix in nz in 98. I got a letter from 10c(yes, a letter) that made four tickets available to the welli gig that was, by the time i got the letter, sold out, and yes of course I already had tickets. i got the extras anyway. just coz i could.

i can't wait (a popular sentiment i see). it would make my life so much easier if they played welli again this time but pearl jam never made my life easy. i don't care if i'm sitting, standing, front, back, middle, as long as i'm there watching pj live and i don't have to use my passport to do it.
    http://www.sublime-retro.net

when my ears ring, my heart beats
  • eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    Pretty interested to see how many among the touring fan community will make the trek to NZ for Pj...
  • raarraar Posts: 30
    I was looking at stuff.co.nz about pearl jam tour and someone commented the following:

Michael #61 02:32 pm Jul 22 2009

I am told by a VERY reliable source that November 27 is the date you want to keep free.

Just thought I would throw it out there (Even though it is probably not true.) as I am getting impatient waiting for the real dates. But if it is the 27th of Novemebr that would suit me just fine!
    NZ Pearl Jam Fan
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,734
    You folks deserve it. Lived in Hamilton for 15 months starting in 1991 and 13 months again starting in 1994. My favorite place in the world. Would love to make my way back for a couple shows. I have been wanting to backpack the South Island. Highly doubtful though. What an incredible experience that would be.

Any PJ fans that have the resources to head to these shows should. What a beautiful place. I need to get back asap.
    I'm down with 27 November...man I'm down with whenever, I just want to know...

and yea, it would be a nice holiday for ten clubbers to come and see some PJ here in Aotearoa - just be prepared to sit behind us kiwis who have waited eleven years for these concerts! No offence, of course. It hasn't been easy to wait this long, and as per ususal, it's the end of the waiting that really gets to ya...I'm sure those of you not from NZ can understand, eleven years is a long time.

the announcement on 9 July said "soon". surely soon is up??

if anyone hears anything else be sure to let us all know

and take pity on me I have practically dial up so can't listen to the fixer and have been braving our local rock station hauraki but all they can talk about/play is bloody ACDC! sigh sigh sigh
  • dreamtonicdreamtonic Posts: 129
    eldarion75 wrote:
    Pretty interested to see how many among the touring fan community will make the trek to NZ for Pj...
    I'm looking into it. Thought I'd just do OZ dates, but I think it would be worth going to NZ to watch the celebration of PJ's return.... that would be some serious crowd energy.