Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,131
    Ain't no way he's giving Alaska some love… Just sayin'.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,552
    edited April 2015

why not? he and Meg played every province and territory in Canada in 2005, including Yukon and NWT.

edit: pardon me, in 2007

Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    jeff2040 said:

From what I hear, Iowa will be on his 5 state tour. I'm hoping he plays Des Moines and that I can get a ticket!

TWS played Iowa in 2000.

This seems to be the list: Alaska, Wyoming, North and South Dakota and Idaho.
    #FHP
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Horos, any chance in jersey?
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    badbrains said:

Horos, any chance in jersey?

I looked up all of the East Coast states, White Stripes played House of Blues in Atlantic City... When I realized there wasn't a Jack White "Solo" show, I figured we had a chance, but nope.
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • jeff2040jeff2040 Posts: 1,602
    Horos said:

jeff2040 said:

From what I hear, Iowa will be on his 5 state tour. I'm hoping he plays Des Moines and that I can get a ticket!

TWS played Iowa in 2000.

I took it as the only 5 states he hasn't played solo in yet. I haven't done any research but there are some newspaper reports the Iowa is on the 5 state list. It's still highly unlikely that I will be able to go but if it's in Des Moines, I will have a chance!

Sometimes you find yourself
    Having to put all your faith
    In no faith
  • kasedougkasedoug Posts: 2,933
    jeff2040 said:

Horos said:

jeff2040 said:

TWS played Iowa in 2000.

I took it as the only 5 states he hasn't played solo in yet. I haven't done any research but there are some newspaper reports the Iowa is on the 5 state list. It's still highly unlikely that I will be able to go but if it's in Des Moines, I will have a chance!

If you're a TMR Vault member, you'll be good to go.
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    Was hoping for Maine, but realized they played Portland in 2007 for the Icky Thump tour.

PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,131

why not? he and Meg played every province and territory in Canada in 2005, including Yukon and NWT.

edit: pardon me, in 2007

You know what? This is Jack White and he does what most won't so, Alaska IS a possibility. I agree with you.
    GBMS is sounding great!!!
    #FHP
    I'm so pumped I scored GBMS. Such a fantastic album. Surprisingly easy to get, so props to JW and Third Man for making a print run that accommodated their fanbase
    PJ:
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Anybody get an extra GBMS? Super busy today and RSD all but slipped my mind.
  • boyo79boyo79 Posts: 6,525
    jervin007 said:

I'm so pumped I scored GBMS. Such a fantastic album. Surprisingly easy to get, so props to JW and Third Man for making a print run that accommodated their fanbase

My store had 5 copies. First 5 people in the queue took it!
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,204
    MedozK said:

Horos said:

Would like to know what the 5 states that are getting the acoustic shows are

Just guessing the Dakotas and MT. Going to be hard to make one if you don't live there.

After many years of performing in a multitude of configurations, Jack White is announcing that he will be taking a break from performing live for a long period of time. To cap off the Lazaretto world tour, and following his pair of headlining performances at Coachella, Jack will embark on a short acoustic tour of the only five states left in the U.S. that he has yet to play. The shows will be entirely acoustic and amplified only with ribbon microphones to the audience as well. Each special acoustic performance will be announced day of show at 8am local time. Tickets for these engagements are priced at $3 per ticket and will be limited to one ticket per person. All tickets will be sold at the venue door starting at 12pm local time on the day of the show – first come, first served and cash only. Stay tuned here and to @ThirdManRecords on Twitter for more information and show announcements.
    This is the kinda stuff I LOVE about Jack White!
    Yeah it sets him apart from every other artist of his caliber , PJ doesn't have the imagination to do shit like this they might of had it long ago not any more !!!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • DE4173DE4173 Posts: 586
    Jack is excited to announce his first show of the acoustic tour tonight at Wendy Williamson Auditorium at the University of Alaska Anchorage. Tickets go on sale at 12pm AKDT today at the ticket desk located at the main Auditorium entrance. All tickets are priced at $3 each (cash only) and limited to one ticket per person. Doors are at 7pm. The show will begin at 8:30pm.
    1993: 11/22 Little Rock
    1996; 9/28 New York
    1997: 11/14 Oakland, 11/15 Oakland
    1998: 7/5 Dallas, 7/7 Albuquerque, 7/8 Phoenix, 7/10 San Diego, 7/11 Las Vegas
    2000: 10/17 Dallas
    2003: 4/3 OKC
    2012: 11/17 Tulsa(EV), 11/18 Tulsa(EV)
    2013: 11/16 OKC
    2014: 10/8 Tulsa
    2022: 9/20 OKC
    2023: 9/13 Ft Worth, 9/15 Ft Worth
  • MedozKMedozK Posts: 9,209
    AWESOME!
    I love that he's playing Alaska.

None of these shows will come near me, but its safe to say that one of them will become a Vault offering in the future
    PJ:

edited April 2015
    Just imagine PJ doing this, imagine the race to the venue to buy the $3 tickets after the venue was announced for the show that night. And if you can imagine 10C holding tickets for every member with the address in that state. WOW TMR does it right.
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • jerparker20jerparker20 Posts: 2,466
    The Get Behind Me Satan release from RSD is very nice! Finally getting a chance to take it for a spin.
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    MedozK said:

Just imagine PJ doing this, imagine the race to the venue to buy the $3 tickets after the venue was announced for the show that night. And if you can imagine 10C holding tickets for every member with the address in that state. WOW TMR does it right.

Amen
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,610
    Elvis Presley - "My Happiness" 10-inch Facsimile in VAULT STORE - for Platinum Members
    RW8297 said:

Elvis Presley - "My Happiness" 10-inch Facsimile in VAULT STORE - for Platinum Members

Awesome they are making this available to all vault members.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,402

MedozK said:

Amen
    Eh. I mean it's all cool, eccentric and quirky and that's what he's good at. Someone said earlier that PJ would never be that creative, but at the same time, PJ does some 'less' creative things that are so much better for the fans than what Jack does. Releasing of the soundboards, a far better and active board, a perhaps flawed, but trying to be fair ticket system, not saddling you with 15 Loretta Lynn releases on vinyl for your $60 a quarter platinum membership.
    I'm a huge Jack fan and he's a friggin' genius musically. More exploratory than PJ but in my opinion, not better.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    mrussel1 said:

MedozK said:

Amen
    Eh. I mean it's all cool, eccentric and quirky and that's what he's good at. Someone said earlier that PJ would never be that creative, but at the same time, PJ does some 'less' creative things that are so much better for the fans than what Jack does. Releasing of the soundboards, a far better and active board, a perhaps flawed, but trying to be fair ticket system, not saddling you with 15 Loretta Lynn releases on vinyl for your $60 a quarter platinum membership.
    I'm a huge Jack fan and he's a friggin' genius musically. More exploratory than PJ but in my opinion, not better.
    The TMR Vault website blows. WAY worse than 10C's. And it doesn't have any kind of forum at all. Just a really really shitty chat room. Plus you get no concert announcement emails at all. I hate the TMR website with a passion (and yet I still love TMR for a bunch of other reasons. Nothing's perfect!).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,402
    I like TMR for lots of reasons, but $3 shows in states where I can't attend isn't on the top of my list. I am excited that I'm going to be in Nashville in two weeks, staying 5 minute walk from TMR, so I shall be stocking up on shirts, pins, and whatever else they are selling.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    mrussel1 said:

I like TMR for lots of reasons, but $3 shows in states where I can't attend isn't on the top of my list. I am excited that I'm going to be in Nashville in two weeks, staying 5 minute walk from TMR, so I shall be stocking up on shirts, pins, and whatever else they are selling.

Yeah, I don't care about $3 shows nowhere near me at all; has no impact on whether or not I'm a member, for instance.... but I admire that Jack is doing it in general. Putting on 5 pop-up shows that are essentially free is pretty awesome for any artist. As a JW fan, it's another reason to love the artist even more. TMR is separate from that. I really really wish they'd at least launch a forum for the members.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited April 2015
    ACOUSTIC SHOW #2 – BOISE, ID

Congrats Boise! Enjoy the show.
    MedozK said:

ACOUSTIC SHOW #2 – BOISE, ID

Congrats Boise! Enjoy the show.

I was thinking about trying to go to this one but it's a 5-6 hour drive and after seeing the line in Alaska I decided I couldn't do it. Knew I should have gone there yesterday.
    #FHP
    PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

Yeah, I don't care about $3 shows nowhere near me at all; has no impact on whether or not I'm a member, for instance.... but I admire that Jack is doing it in general. Putting on 5 pop-up shows that are essentially free is pretty awesome for any artist. As a JW fan, it's another reason to love the artist even more. TMR is separate from that. I really really wish they'd at least launch a forum for the members.
    There is a form for fans called The Little Room. It's not very active but there are some good discussions there.
    #FHP
    Horos said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

There is a form for fans called The Little Room. It's not very active but there are some good discussions there.
    I frequent the swirl a lot for updates.