Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,402
    Super short set last night. Perhaps the length of the set is commensurate with the price of the ticket...or size of the crowd? I saw him in a club in Las Vegas in Feb and that was a fairly short set too, around 20 songs or 90 min. I felt a little ripped off because it was a normal priced ticket and we were standing two hours in advance. Other times, he does very long sets.
    Anyone know if it was just Jack or did Lillie Mae stay with him?
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    MedozK said:

Horos said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

I like TMR for lots of reasons, but $3 shows in states where I can't attend isn't on the top of my list. I am excited that I'm going to be in Nashville in two weeks, staying 5 minute walk from TMR, so I shall be stocking up on shirts, pins, and whatever else they are selling.

Yeah, I don't care about $3 shows nowhere near me at all; has no impact on whether or not I'm a member, for instance.... but I admire that Jack is doing it in general. Putting on 5 pop-up shows that are essentially free is pretty awesome for any artist. As a JW fan, it's another reason to love the artist even more. TMR is separate from that. I really really wish they'd at least launch a forum for the members.
    There is a form for fans called The Little Room. It's not very active but there are some good discussions there.
    I frequent the swirl a lot for updates.
    Are these WS forums, or TMR too? Thx!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • MedozKMedozK Posts: 9,209
    TMR
  • DE4173DE4173 Posts: 586
    For the special third stop of the acoustic tour, Jack will be playing two shows at the Pink Garter Theatre in Jackson, WY today. Both shows will be ALL AGES. Tickets for the first show go on sale at 12pm MDT at the venue box office, doors open at 3pm and the show begins at 4pm. Tickets for the second show go on sale at 4pm MDT, doors are at 8pm and the show begins at 9pm. Tickets for both shows will still be $3, cash only and one per person.
    1993: 11/22 Little Rock
    1996; 9/28 New York
    1997: 11/14 Oakland, 11/15 Oakland
    1998: 7/5 Dallas, 7/7 Albuquerque, 7/8 Phoenix, 7/10 San Diego, 7/11 Las Vegas
    2000: 10/17 Dallas
    2003: 4/3 OKC
    2012: 11/17 Tulsa(EV), 11/18 Tulsa(EV)
    2013: 11/16 OKC
    2014: 10/8 Tulsa
    2022: 9/20 OKC
    2023: 9/13 Ft Worth, 9/15 Ft Worth
    DE4173 said:

For the special third stop of the acoustic tour, Jack will be playing two shows at the Pink Garter Theatre in Jackson, WY today. Both shows will be ALL AGES. Tickets for the first show go on sale at 12pm MDT at the venue box office, doors open at 3pm and the show begins at 4pm. Tickets for the second show go on sale at 4pm MDT, doors are at 8pm and the show begins at 9pm. Tickets for both shows will still be $3, cash only and one per person.

Congrats Wyoming. Wow JW does it right.
  • BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 697
    I can see a future vault release coming from these acoustic shows.
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329

That would be fantastic
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,940

That would be fantastic
    +1 :sunglasses:
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    New to vault novelties. No vinyl, but might appeal to some people

http://thirdmanstore.com/vault/vault-novelties/the-truth-is-we-are-perfect-limited-edition
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • DE4173DE4173 Posts: 586
    Rapid City, SD
    1993: 11/22 Little Rock
    1996; 9/28 New York
    1997: 11/14 Oakland, 11/15 Oakland
    1998: 7/5 Dallas, 7/7 Albuquerque, 7/8 Phoenix, 7/10 San Diego, 7/11 Las Vegas
    2000: 10/17 Dallas
    2003: 4/3 OKC
    2012: 11/17 Tulsa(EV), 11/18 Tulsa(EV)
    2013: 11/16 OKC
    2014: 10/8 Tulsa
    2022: 9/20 OKC
    2023: 9/13 Ft Worth, 9/15 Ft Worth
  • kasedougkasedoug Posts: 2,933
    Final show of the acoustic tour in Fargo, ND will be streamed tonight.

http://thirdmanrecords.com/news/the-final-acoustic-tour-show-and-tidal-livestream-fargo-nd/
  • I cancelled my vault subscription so I didn't accidentally buy the Loretta package but in hindsight, I think I should have waited until the day before my renewal so I could at least enjoy the perks of the vault for an extra 25+ days. I mean, I did pay for them.

Lesson learned.

I cancelled my vault subscription so I didn't accidentally buy the Loretta package but in hindsight, I think I should have waited until the day before my renewal so I could at least enjoy the perks of the vault for an extra 25+ days. I mean, I did pay for them.

Lesson learned.

Last go around in January, I cancelled for three weeks or so before renewing to push it to the final possible day. My subscription renews later this week and while I'm not thrilled with this upcoming Vault package, I'm considering staying current just for these type of perks/exclusives.

Hoping someone will record the show tonight.

I cancelled my vault subscription so I didn't accidentally buy the Loretta package but in hindsight, I think I should have waited until the day before my renewal so I could at least enjoy the perks of the vault for an extra 25+ days. I mean, I did pay for them.

Lesson learned.

I can top that, I forgot to cancel auto renew and got the Loretta Lynn vault, then cancelled as soon as I got the email that I renewed. I completely butchered that situation.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• You win (lose).
  • I haven't really seen it posted here, did anyone get a "Get Behind Me Stan" LP?

I can capture video through Debut and sound through Audacity. That should work... but this Tidal free trial. Does anyone know if there are limitations that might screw it up?
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    mrussel1 said:

I can capture video through Debut and sound through Audacity. That should work... but this Tidal free trial. Does anyone know if there are limitations that might screw it up?

I have no idea... what exactly are you refering to?
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
    FrankieG said:

mrussel1 said:

Tonight's show is being streamed thru tidal
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• morellomorello Posts: 6,212

FrankieG said:

mrussel1 said:

Tonight's show is being streamed thru tidal
    Oooh I hope someone captures that!!

The record shop my partner works in is still waiting for the RSD delivery from the distributor that includes WS so we're hoping to get GBMS this week!!
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,460

Lesson learned.

I did the same thing.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
    mrussel1 said:

It's going to be archived.
    kasedoug said:

mrussel1 said:

It's going to be archived.
    I thought I saw that too, but then it said it was played live, and then once immediately thereafter. My plan is to capture just the audio at 930 and that's my priority. I'll get the video on the 2nd run. I can then put them together just like a regular show.
    And... that wraps up Jack White... 1:10 minutes. So very JWIII.... As much as I love him, short shows are a bummer and he does that in small venues. Great show btw... Carolina Drama was so good...
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Inaccessible Mystery

Saw other setlists he broke out Do, Offend In Every Way and Machine Gun Silhouette.
    #FHP
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    edited April 2015
    I recorded the audio. Carolina Drama was amazing

Jack White
    April 26, 2015
    Fargo Theater; Fargo, ND

Just One Drink
    Temporary Ground
    Hotel Yorba
    Alone in My Home
    Do
    Love Interruption
    Inaccessible Mystery
    We're Going to Be Friends
    A Martyr for My Love for You
    Blunderbuss
    Carolina Drama

Encore:
    The Same Boy You've Always Known
    You've Got Her in Your Pocket
    Goodnight, Irene
    Post edited by given2fly23 on
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
    I have the audio from audacity and recorded the video. Audio should be FLAC quality. Unfortunately the first three songs were dropping frames on the video due to the software. I switched at Alone in My Home and the rest is good. I'm going to try to patch the dropped frames. If I can do it, or if the show airs again, I'll make a Blu Ray for this.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I just unsubcribed. I didn't want to forget on 4/30.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    If anyone would like to share the audio, I would love to get it. Thanks.
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    I listened to mine all the way through this morning and it's glitch-free. I recorded it to wav and will share it in FLAC soon if no one else has a better source.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale