2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,212
    Jeez, have people seen the ultra LP version of Lazaretto that's coming out?

ULTRA LP FEATURES:
    - 180 gram vinyl
    - 2 vinyl-only hidden tracks hidden beneath the center labels
    - 1 hidden track plays at 78 RPM, one plays at 45 RPM, making this a 3-speed record
    - Side A plays from the inside out
    - Dual-groove technology: plays an electric or acoustic intro for “Just One Drink” depending on where needle is dropped. The grooves meet for the body of the song.
    - Matte finish on Side B, giving the appearance of an un-played 78 RPM record
    - Both sides end with locked grooves
    - Vinyl pressed in seldom-used flat-edged format
    - Dead wax area on Side A contains a hand-etched hologram by Tristan Duke of Infinity Light Science, the first of its kind on a vinyl record
    - Absolutely zero compression used during recording, mixing and mastering
    - Different running order from the CD/digital version
    - LP utilizes some mixes different from those used on CD and digital version

Wow! Getting a bit gimmicky perhaps but definitely different, not that we'd expect much less from Jack, :-)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    What letter are they on with #19? This is the longest I've waited for one. I always received around the 2 month mark.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    JK_Livin said:

What letter are they on with #19? This is the longest I've waited for one. I always received around the 2 month mark.

Last letter I heard was "R"
  • Options
    OK. I'm T.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,202
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    AvardAvard Posts: 9
    S. here. Nothing yet. I NEVER receive shipping confirmation from TMR. Never have for the Vault, Maybe for a random store purchase . And I've gotten all 18 so far. They always arrive to my house on a Saturday.
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357

Thanks for that. I like it. Getting all excited for June 10 now.
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    I just received my shipping notification from Thirdman for Vault 19.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    I received my Vault 19 today. It was sad seeing such a little box show up.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    JK_Livin said:

I bet you'll feel different when the next package starts to show up in the next two weeks or so
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options

JK_Livin said:

I bet you'll feel different when the next package starts to show up in the next two weeks or so
    Yep #20 is why I LOVE Third Man
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,027
    Are they supposed to be shipping #20 for release day? I didn't think they would. I'm still expecting it in early July.
  • Options

Are they supposed to be shipping #20 for release day? I didn't think they would. I'm still expecting it in early July.

This is what I'm wondering as well.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

This is what I'm wondering as well.
    I would have thought the purpose and the timing of the announcement was to get them out on release date, especially for those who didn't buy any other form of the album.
  • Options
    I would be VERY surprised if these are shipped by release date. Thats why I have already pre-ordered the std. version.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    I wouldn't expect them by release date either. What's meant by "purpose and timing of the announcement"? It's pretty much the same timetable they've stuck to for all the other Vault packages. I think it's moved back a few weeks from the early packages, but they've stayed closer to one every three months than I would've anticipated.
  • Options
    DewieCox said:

I wouldn't expect them by release date either. What's meant by "purpose and timing of the announcement"? It's pretty much the same timetable they've stuck to for all the other Vault packages. I think it's moved back a few weeks from the early packages, but they've stayed closer to one every three months than I would've anticipated.

I mean that by the timing of the announcement that they hoped to have the vault package in the hands of people on or close to the release date. And the purpose was to drive up sales as well. Obviously I was wrong to think that might happen. Just figured that not everyone buys 3 different version of an album and some people might actually use the package.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,027
    I would think they would do one before the other just because the volume of shipping would be insane. So logic dictates that the Vault would keep the same schedule as it always has and those will ship at the normal time (late June/early July) well after the shipping surge of the standard Lazeretto LPs, preventing a surge of packages to ship.

• Options
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,951
    edited May 2014
    JK_Livin said:
    Excludes Lazaretto. Damn, I thought I would get a steal.

And it seems to be a Monday sale only.
    Post edited by SVRDhand13 on
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    monkeypimpmonkeypimp Posts: 43
    I got an email today saying that addresses needed to be updated no later than May 26th so they can assemble and prepare shipment of Vault #20... It also says it will be shipped by reverse order of the alphabet by First name. All us shipments will go out first then international will go out in the same order following the completion of the us shipments. I am thinking this will ship sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,741
    edited May 2014
    My first name starts with A and I'm international. I now have a written guarantee that i will be the last to receive Vault 20, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    monkeypimpmonkeypimp Posts: 43
    PJ_Soul said:

My first name starts with A and I'm international. I now have a written guarantee that i will be the last to receive Vault 20, lol.

While I feel bad for you... that was funny!
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    http://jackwhiteiii.com/an-apology-and-explanation-from-jack-white/

Nice to see JW step it up with this explanation and apology. I was beginning to lose interest in him because of his public statements. Now I can actually enjoy Lazaretto without thinking he is a complete and total douche.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    Which public statements did he make that you disliked enough for them to affect your good opinion of him?

So now he's been "forced" to apologize for his opinions about particular artists? I actually never knew anything about this, but I actually have lost a tiny bit of respect for him for apologizing for some honest comments he made, and chances are he was making some good points about the artists that he listed in that statement (but I haven't lost enough respect for it to make a difference - this kind of thing is stupid in the first place so I wouldn't have cared either way if I had known what he said). The only time i would disapprove of things one artist says about another is if they are doing it out of jealously or delusion (like Billy Corgan, for example). Sounds to me like Jack simply had some justified opinions. I don't see why he or anyone else should apologize for that or made to feel like people think that makes him a fucker.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    PJ_Soul said:

Which public statements did he make that you disliked enough for them to affect your good opinion of him?

I think what did it for me is when he said he didn't want his kids going to the same school as Dan Aurebachs kids because the BK ripped off the sound of the WS. Just a ridiculous statement. Add on the domestic abuse issues and the fact that he walked off the stage for his solo show in NY a little while back and I just haven't been overly impressed with him lately.

He is without a doubt one of the best musicians out there, but he's a prima donna. For me, it was nice to see him put his ego aside for a bit.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Wow, I didn't even know he had kids.... does he??

.... The BK kind of did rip off the WS's sound now that I think about it, lol (I don't like the Black Keys, can you tell? Lol). These comments just sound like normal random private comments said largely in jest to me. I have never heard about domestic abuse, as I don't pay attention to the private lives of musicians, but I'd have to see the evidence for this before making judgement.

Walking off stage is unexcuseable though.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on