Options

Thanks to all and an update on my wife

Comments

• Options
    paysonitespaysonites The Rim Country Posts: 1,150
    sickgirl wrote:
    Thinking about you guys and sending lots of hugs, well wishes, and all of the best! Hope things keep going in the right direction :)

Thank you that means a lot right now. Shawna and I were up until 4:45 this morning dealing with the pain issues. Thanks for your support.

John and Shawna
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    StillHere wrote:
    paysonites wrote:
    Good afternoon,

I can't believe how fast everything is going right now. There's just not enough time in the day. I'll have some time tonight for another update. Shawna's staples are out and she is doing okay right now. Thank you for all of your love and inspiration. I'm looking forward to getting on here later. Have a great day.....

John and Shawna.

so glad to hear it
    i hope this is the final leg on your convoluted journey to health and happiness :D

Thank you so much Jo. You are so good to us.
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    Hugs to you both!!! I also hope that there is some peace and rest in the near future. God knows you both deserve it!
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    I know that you two will continue to find the strength you need to get through this, because you two are far stronger than you realize. Keep your heads up. Wishing you both all the best...

Matt

Thanks for your continued support. We appreciate it more than you know. :)
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    Pamela0222 wrote:
    Hugs to you both!!! I also hope that there is some peace and rest in the near future. God knows you both deserve it!

Well my wife deserves it but I on the other hand am fighting to just keep up. I can't rest with all the bills piling up. Plus one of our son's has some feet problems to where he has to where braces. That's been a battle in itself just trying to get his doctors and techs to do there jobs. After literally 14 phone calls and 5 months later I finally got his new ones fitted and ordered. I just can't seem to keep up lately. Our kids are nothing less than total blessings. It's just me. I'm worn thin and there is just so much to do. I am basically feeling like a wreck today. I know you didn't plan for this response. Sorry...I guess I needed to vent or something.

Thank you for your support.
    John
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    sickgirlsickgirl Posts: 139
    don't apologize for venting, or for feeling anything you feel. I used to play this song in the car for my mom, she loved it. We would sing our hearts out. Others have shared songs, so I thought I would share this one
    http://youtu.be/pAoao9FkHwE
    Fuck Cancer, fucking jerk
  • Options
    ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CA Posts: 829
    paysonites wrote:

Well my wife deserves it but I on the other hand am fighting to just keep up. I can't rest with all the bills piling up. Plus one of our son's has some feet problems to where he has to where braces. That's been a battle in itself just trying to get his doctors and techs to do there jobs. After literally 14 phone calls and 5 months later I finally got his new ones fitted and ordered. I just can't seem to keep up lately. Our kids are nothing less than total blessings. It's just me. I'm worn thin and there is just so much to do. I am basically feeling like a wreck today. I know you didn't plan for this response. Sorry...I guess I needed to vent or something.

John

I'm really sorry to hear about your son. :(
    Don't worry about venting, this is a safe place to do it.
    Things seem so overwhelming right now but you're able to get done what need to get done in order to get by. That has to be good enough for now even though I'm sure it's not up to your standards.

I hope things will get easier for you soon...
    Take care, XO K.
  • Options
    Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    Vent away John..... It's needed and understandable to do at times!! You WILL ALL pull through this, I have no doubt. You're strength should be a lesson to all, I am in awe of it!!

We've ALL got your back here, and tons of shoulder to cry/vent on whenever you want.

XO to your ENTIRE family!
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Thoughts with Shawna, you and the kids - always, even if not posting! Hope today is a good day. xxx
  • Options
    DeadlogicDeadlogic Posts: 69
    Best of luck to you all.
  • Options
    sheri zonasheri zona Makai Side Posts: 356
    Wow John. This has to be unbelievably rough for you to handle. I have a feeling you are much stronger than you think you are, so remember that. It means more to your family than you'll probably ever know. Sending good thoughts your way....you have a thousand of us over here pulling for you and your family.
    in an underwater nation...near chinamans hat
  • Options
    sickgirl wrote:
    don't apologize for venting, or for feeling anything you feel. I used to play this song in the car for my mom, she loved it. We would sing our hearts out. Others have shared songs, so I thought I would share this one
    http://youtu.be/pAoao9FkHwE

Thank you for sharing, music is a huge inspiration to us right now.
    That was very thoughtful...

John and Shawna
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    paysonites wrote:

John

I'm really sorry to hear about your son. :(
    Don't worry about venting, this is a safe place to do it.
    Things seem so overwhelming right now but you're able to get done what need to get done in order to get by. That has to be good enough for now even though I'm sure it's not up to your standards.

I hope things will get easier for you soon...
    Take care, XO K.

Our son has about 6 more months of wearing his braces and then his feet will be fixed. No matter how many people told us we were doing the wrong thing. We stuck to our gut and did what we felt was best. The doctors have told us that since he did this for three years. He won't have to have surgery and his feet should not give him any problems in the future. This is what life is about helping the one's closest to you. Never giving up and fighting for what is right. The hell with anybody who thinks different. There are two things in this world that I love most right now. #1 My family #2 You guy's I /we could have not gotten this far without the two.

Thank you
    John and Shawna
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    Pamela0222 wrote:
    Vent away John..... It's needed and understandable to do at times!! You WILL ALL pull through this, I have no doubt. You're strength should be a lesson to all, I am in awe of it!!

We've ALL got your back here, and tons of shoulder to cry/vent on whenever you want.

XO to your ENTIRE family!

Thank you for your love and sincerity. It came at the best time and is appreciated more than you know.
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Thoughts with Shawna, you and the kids - always, even if not posting! Hope today is a good day. xxx

Thank you for thinking of us during these very difficult times. :):)
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    Deadlogic wrote:
    Best of luck to you all.

:D Thank you. Please send us some good vibes that our checks will come in on time this week or we're going to be losing our phone and electric. We are not asking for anything. We will be okay as long as our customers that we have pay on time. Everything always seems to work out for us so this should be no different.

Thanks for your support.
    John and Shawna :):)
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    sheri zona wrote:
    Wow John. This has to be unbelievably rough for you to handle. I have a feeling you are much stronger than you think you are, so remember that. It means more to your family than you'll probably ever know. Sending good thoughts your way....you have a thousand of us over here pulling for you and your family.

Thank you for your inspiration. Things have got to only get better from here. We're going to be on the upswing during the rest of her recovery. It's our time to shine again. Shawna is going to heal from here on out and love will be our light.

John
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    much love guys..ill be at the shows,and i hope pj play a song for Shawna
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    hgpjam11hgpjam11 Posts: 1,328
    Thinking of you guys, hoping for nothing but health and happiness going forward. Hang in there, you're so close to the good part.
    I win.
  • Options
    paysonites wrote:

Our son has about 6 more months of wearing his braces and then his feet will be fixed. No matter how many people told us we were doing the wrong thing. We stuck to our gut and did what we felt was best. The doctors have told us that since he did this for three years. He won't have to have surgery and his feet should not give him any problems in the future. This is what life is about helping the one's closest to you. Never giving up and fighting for what is right. The hell with anybody who thinks different. There are two things in this world that I love most right now. #1 My family #2 You guy's I /we could have not gotten this far without the two.

Thank you
    John and Shawna

You know what's best for your family and that's an instinct you have to trust.
    You're doing all the right things and the pay off will be sweet, I just know it.
    Hang in there John, be strong and have faith.
    My best...
  • Options
    Good afternoon,

Shawna's incision just popped and there is a lot of blood and puss involved. We're headed back to Flagstaff where her surgery took place. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

John
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    Good luck!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Sending positive vibes!!!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Chief BroomChief Broom Detroit Posts: 2,036
    Hoping all goes well. Hang in there.
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    Well Good evening,

We were able to scrounge enough change together which was supposed t be for some upcoming shut off notices to go to flagstaff for an emergency visit from Shawna's surgeon. When they took out her staples on her stomach. One area that has really been hurting her since the surgery bubbled up with blood/fluid. It was about the size of a quarter. Yesterday morning when she rolled over it exploded. Causing blood and fluid to go down her legs and all over the bed.

We went up there and the surgeon said this happens 2-3 times a year with patients. He showed me how to clean it which involves sticking a Q-tip around an inch into her stomach and coating it with hydrogen peroxide twice a day. They said if this isn't done correctly she will be accessible to a major infection. Even so at this point the area could become infected anyways. Shawna told me that it feels like she just came out of surgery. They put her on some strong antibiotics.

To be completely honest with you guy's I am completely physically and emotionally exhausted.The nightly routines haven't changed much. Ice on and off every 20 min. seems to help. Meds every 3-4 hours. Plus extreme emotional breakdowns. Shawna and I are devastated that she is in such a serious predicament again.
    The last two nights in a row when I went to get Shawna some water the first night I fell asleep with the fridge door open with me sitting on the counter top. The second night I spilled her first cup of water, cleaned it up. Then when I got her another one that dumped too. I woke up on my knees face down on the kitchen floor. Looking at the clock I had been there for two hours. I am completely overwhelmed and we are in need of any assistance anybody has to offer. Our APS, phone, tv and truck insurance is due by Friday. Some of these including APS are shut offs.

I have work completed but it takes the bank/company we work for 30-45 days to pay us. I feel like complete crap and am very depressed. I keep working and Working but it is hard to keep up. Life is very very hard right now. I just hope we can make it through all of this.

Thanks for all your love,
    john, Shawna, Kolbi and Dorian..... :):):):)
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    hang in there, John......

thoughts & prayers are with you all. stay positive....

Matt
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    hang in there, John......

thoughts & prayers are with you all. stay positive....

Matt

Thanks Matt,

I have to tell you it is extremely hard to remain positive right now. Her endless tears are starting to break me. Knowing that our APS is going to be shut off on Friday morning has sent me into a whirlwind of mass depression.

I think we've done very well over the past 5-6 years but there is only so much one can take. I feel like sleeping constantly but that can't happen. We have nobody here to help with anything and her 24 hour care is no option.

I hope we can make it through this one. This seems to be one of the worst situations yet. Who knows maybe Eddie will stop by and serenade us with his positivity :lol: .
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    paysonites wrote:
    Who knows maybe Eddie will stop by and serenade us with his positivity :lol: .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIixVZ1y2zo

This is my chance, this is my life
    And my opening hour
    This is my choice, this is my voice
    There may be no tomorrow
    This is my plea, this is my need
    This is my time for standing free
    This is my step, this is my depth
    In a world demanding of me
    But it's okay.......

John, you are a symbol of strength for us all. You can, and you will, march on -- we all love you for it!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    kellanazziekellanazzie Posts: 1,484
    Hang tough John, you can do it. Let our spirits & love hold you up. Its ok to break down, weep, scream & shake your fist at fate. Just get it out, vent all you want & we will listen & then carry on as best you can.
    Hugs today & always
    Kelly
  • Options
    I wish I lived somewhere close to you guys so I could help.
    It kills to know all the struggles you're having and only be able to give emotional support. :(
    Hang in there John, things have to get better soon.