Thanks to all and an update on my wife

Comments

• Options
    paysonitespaysonites The Rim Country Posts: 1,150
    Birgit wrote:
    NAUjackfan wrote:
    Just stumbled on this story about you.
    http://www.paysonroundup.com/news/2012/ ... s-patient/

Wow... so in between taking care of your wife, your kids and your business you still find the time to help strangers you stumble across in the street. Incredible. Can't say this enough, I really hope things will be getting better for you soon, you guys really deserve it so much. Sending lots of hugs positive vibes your way!

Thanks for your sweetness and encouragement I am definitely ready to take on this day. I woke up this morning thinking about all you people. You are all so amazing and caring. I would of never thought back in 1991-92 that the music of Pearl Jam would introduce me to such and incredible fan base/site/group of people. Nor would I have known that these individuals would be my life line and strength to survive the roughest waves imaginable. I am in awe and continually inspired by the love and compassion of you all.

Hugs to everyone.
    John and Shawna.
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    Claireack wrote:
    NAUjackfan wrote:

Oh my! Gorgeous pic! Great story!

Thanks it was truly an amazing experience.
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,729
    paysonites wrote:
    Birgit wrote:
    NAUjackfan wrote:

Wow... so in between taking care of your wife, your kids and your business you still find the time to help strangers you stumble across in the street. Incredible. Can't say this enough, I really hope things will be getting better for you soon, you guys really deserve it so much. Sending lots of hugs positive vibes your way!

Thanks for your sweetness and encouragement I am definitely ready to take on this day. I woke up this morning thinking about all you people. You are all so amazing and caring. I would of never thought back in 1991-92 that the music of Pearl Jam would introduce me to such and incredible fan base/site/group of people. Nor would I have known that these individuals would be my life line and strength to survive the roughest waves imaginable. I am in awe and continually inspired by the love and compassion of you all.

Hugs to everyone.
    John and Shawna.

Right back at you John & Shawna!
    My answer used to be very simple when people asked me 'Why do you love Pearl Jam so much?' ---- It is now so much more than the soundtrack of my adult life -- Pearl Jam and the community is a daily bright spot. I feel fortunate to have made friends with you and your family and draw much strength and inspiration from you.

"Me you, you me, it's all related" - Faithfull
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CA Posts: 829
    :D You guys are so beautiful!
    It's really great to put faces with your names, it makes things much more personal.
    That story is so heartwarming, John. It once again shows the world what kind of man you are.
    I'm sure your good deeds will be returned so you and Shawna will have reason to look as happy as you do in that picture. :)

Keep strong...
    XO K.
  • Options
    :D You guys are so beautiful!
    It's really great to put faces with your names, it makes things much more personal.
    That story is so heartwarming, John. It once again shows the world what kind of man you are.
    I'm sure your good deeds will be returned so you and Shawna will have reason to look as happy as you do in that picture. :)

Keep strong...
    XO K.

You made both of us tear up as we read your very kind post. Life is very challenging right now. As hard as it is strength will be our successor in the end. You and others have been our lifeline through this "epic journey" in which life has truly become. I can't honor you people enough with how you have saved my life and of course my wife's. Without your love,compassion,warmth and strength there is no way we would of made it this far. When I first started this thread it seems ion's ago at this point. I never would of or could of imagined how our lives were going to be torn, stripped and basically pulled from beneath our feet. The ups and downs, turmoils and celebrations, weak moments to strong sacrifices. I do truly believe that this is and will be our greatest achievement ever. SURVIVAL.. It's only because of love that we have made it this far. The love of one another, our kids, family and you wonderful people we call "Our Jamily"

I wish I had more time to respond to all of your loving and heart touching PM's that have come our way. I am truly stretched thin. Shawna and I were up until 5am with heightened pain levels. I am totally exhausted and searching for the energy to go to work today. It seems like we're still lost in a deep forest and looking for that path to bring us up to the top of that mountain. We are so touched by you all. Please continue your support for we seem to be clinging on by our finger tips desperatily trying to come out of this darkness. All of our love,

John,Shawna and our boy's
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    Giving words of encouragement is the easy part.
    You give power to the people following your family's saga.
    You embody strength and sacrifice, something most of us are incapable of. One never knows until they're placed in a challenging position such as yours. I'm sure you have helped more people than you'll ever know just by sharing you struggles on here.

I pray your weekend bring less pain and more rest.
    Love to your family,
    K.
  • Options
    You embody strength and sacrifice, something most of us are incapable of. One never knows until they're placed in a challenging position such as yours. I'm sure you have helped more people than you'll ever know just by sharing you struggles on here.

Love to your family,
    K.

Thank you so much for your continued support. We are very lucky to have you on our side. Each day remains full of stress and full of challenges. Even right now Shawna is in extreme pain and all I can do is Ice her back 20 min. on and 20 min. off and spray her back down with a all natural icy/hot substance. The emotions can be very high at times but after coming here we feel a sense of security. I hope the band realizes how lucky they are to have such an incredible and inspirational fan base. Thank you for everything and may life shower you with all of the love and joys that are upon this earth and help you whenever you are in your time of need. I'm always here for you and anyone else. shiz when it comes to any major health issues I think we're about ready to receive our doctorite anytime now. :lol:

All of our love,
    John and Shawna
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    Keep strong...
    XO
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    paysonites wrote:

Love to your family,
    K.

Thank you so much for your continued support. We are very lucky to have you on our side. Each day remains full of stress and full of challenges. Even right now Shawna is in extreme pain and all I can do is Ice her back 20 min. on and 20 min. off and spray her back down with a all natural icy/hot substance. The emotions can be very high at times but after coming here we feel a sense of security. I hope the band realizes how lucky they are to have such an incredible and inspirational fan base. Thank you for everything and may life shower you with all of the love and joys that are upon this earth and help you whenever you are in your time of need. I'm always here for you and anyone else. shiz when it comes to any major health issues I think we're about ready to receive our doctorite anytime now. :lol:

All of our love,
    John and Shawna

I really enjoyed the story about you guys. So wonderful that such a kind soul was there to help that poor man. I still think about you guys every day and hope that the path gets clearer as you make your way. I wish there was something more i could do to help make this easier for you and your wife. . At very least i need to get you guys some more watchables! I'm so thankful for this community. So thankful for everyone's kind words. I wish all of the people we came in contact with could be as kindand supportive as the pj folks.
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Hi John and Shawna,

Just a note to hope that today is a better day and that you get some rest and relaxation. You continue to inspire me....so many lyrics of the PJ songs I am listening to apply to how I feel about what you do and who you are. How is Shawna today? And yourself. Are the kids holding up through all of this? Sending some "more" love your way. Be Sound.
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    inMytree_19inMytree_19 Toronto, Canada Posts: 177
    I hope to one day find the kind of love you two share. It is truly awe-inspiring to hear about the endless love you have for each other. I have been following your story since pre-PJ20, and your story makes me realize so many things about my own life. Keep up the good fight, and every good vibe I have is being sent your guys' way.
    2008 - Mansfield
    2008 - Montreal (EV Solo)
    2011 - East Troy PJ20
    2011 - Ottawa
    2014 - Denver
    2015 - Rio de Janeiro
    2016 - Toronto x2
    2018 - Boston x2
    2022 - Quebec, Hamilton, Toronto
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    paysonites wrote:
    Claireack wrote:
    NAUjackfan wrote:

Oh my! Gorgeous pic! Great story!

Thanks it was truly an amazing experience.
    Wow...that is wonderful.

Hugs to you and your wife, Shawna.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,729
    Hi John, Shawna,

Wanted to say hello and let you know I was thinking about you guys and am hoping that you are having a great week.

B.

make yourself a pact, not to shut doors on the past
    just for today,... I am free

I will not lose my faith
    It's an inside job today
  • Options
    much love.....all gonna be ok!!!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    kellanazziekellanazzie Posts: 1,484
    NAUjackfan wrote:
    JUST SAW THIS!!! Incredible & as I wipe tears from my cheeks I am humbled.
    John, you my friend, set the finest example of humanity, loyalty, perseverance & LOVE.
    Shawna is beautiful & your smiles brightened my day. As Dimi says in his wonderful Greeklish way,
    ....all gonna be ok!!
  • Options
    he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    John, I just read the article!!! You never cease to amaze me. Such a great story and I'm sure a special experience for you. And like someone else said, it's very nice to put a face with a name as it does make it seem that much more personal. SEnding my love to you and Shawna.
    ~Jamie
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    sickgirlsickgirl Posts: 139
    Just wanted to pop in and send some love via internet :)
    Fuck Cancer, fucking jerk
  • Options
    Good Morning to you all...
    Shawna recently had a fall and cut her leg up pretty good. It was close to needing stitches but fortunately she did not need to go to the hospital. Her leg looks like the pain would be intense but she says she is doing okay. The bigger issue right now is she believes that she needs to have a root canal done. There seems to be a lot of redness and swelling so I'm going to get her in to her doctor tomorrow. We are just astonished towards the amount of pain issues that seem to continually follow my wife.

What would one do for love...What would one do for love...You people out there need to grab your families, wife's, husbands, partners, kids and whomever fills that void and just love on them. Hold them each and every day and show them your love daily. Because life can take a 360 on you whenever you least expect it. I'm sorry to come off so strong but you just don't understand. The love...The love...The LOVE is what gets you through in this life. No matter how much you have it all figured out and when there will be time for this and that. Love right now each and everyday. Every hour every minute...All of the time. You just don't understand my friends. Enjoy life and soak in as much love as you can. Be that sponge soak it all in.

I Love my wife like I have never loved anyone, anything or any moment ever before. I thought I knew how much I loved her but this has been a complete and total overhaul on what the word love really means. All I want is for this pain to stop so we can enjoy this feeling that has consumed us both. I don't know when these troubles will finally go away for good nor do I let that thought stay for longer than it should. We just are enjoying the love and trying to capture each and every moment. I could keep going on but just know how much love we have for you people as well.

Our lives will never be the same and the more troubles that seem to sneak there way in through it all can't break what has kept our bond alive. Love..I don't know what will become of us in the future. Which direction we will take. Our bills will continue to pile up and when I think I've got it all figured out. I'll have to take that step back and remember what I have and how precious it is to me to her. These are the most difficult times that one could ever imagine going through. Long hours, long day's,long nights and the realization that I might not be able to keep up with it all, all of the time. All we do know is that our love is what will keep us alive forcefully keeping us going towards the right direction. Please continue sending us your love for it is taken in with every breath and is our strength for what has become of our journey through it all.

Yours friends...
    John and Shawna
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    You guys are my heroes. May today be a better day than yesterday.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    The two of you are so lucky to have found the love you have, what an inspiration!
    Not taking it for granted is the key.

"And love,.... What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you"

Some day I hope to be so lucky...

Thinking of you and wishing you well.
    XO K.
  • Options
    paysonites wrote:

Yours friends...
    John and Shawna
    thats one of the greatest gift i ever got in my life..
    thank YOU..
  • Options
    Thinking of you both this AM and after re-reading your last post I just listened to Love Boat Captain.

I know what the song is about but I think that you can feel the lyrics in your own life -- as you stated so clearly my friend -- love is clearly what holds things together.
    "Once you hold the hand of love,.. it's all surmountable."

I know it is month end and all of the challenges that can bring - please reach out if you need anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhfp_ZuLOag
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    I check here everyday for an update, John. Thinking you and your family, always <3
  • Options

Hugs to everyone.

Right back at you John & Shawna!
    My answer used to be very simple when people asked me 'Why do you love Pearl Jam so much?' ---- It is now so much more than the soundtrack of my adult life -- Pearl Jam and the community is a daily bright spot. I feel fortunate to have made friends with you and your family and draw much strength and inspiration from you.

"Me you, you me, it's all related" - Faithfull[/quote][/quote]

Good evening, One thing we have to straighten out here buddy. We are the lucky one's. We've been so fortunate to meet you and thank you for that and letting us in. It's meant more to us than you could possibly ever imagine.

Your friends,
    John and Shawna
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    Keep strong...
    XO

Thanks for checking in. It gives us strength friend.
    John and Shawna
  • Options

All of our love,
    John and Shawna[/quote]

I really enjoyed the story about you guys. So wonderful that such a kind soul was there to help that poor man. I still think about you guys every day and hope that the path gets clearer as you make your way. I wish there was something more i could do to help make this easier for you and your wife. . At very least i need to get you guys some more watchables! I'm so thankful for this community. So thankful for everyone's kind words. I wish all of the people we came in contact with could be as kind and supportive as the pj folks.[/quote]

Everyday I wake up I think about how many people out there care for us. The emotional roller coaster that we're on always seems so much smoother with you good people right by our side. I've said this before and I truly mean it. You all have been our lifeline. There's nothing more special than what you have already done for us. Thank you for your continued encouragement. It's been needed more than you know. Thanks M. and all of our good friends

John and Shawna
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    StillHere wrote:
    Hi John and Shawna,

Just a note to hope that today is a better day and that you get some rest and relaxation. You continue to inspire me....so many lyrics of the PJ songs I am listening to apply to how I feel about what you do and who you are. How is Shawna today? And yourself. Are the kids holding up through all of this? Sending some "more" love your way. Be Sound.

Thanks for asking J.,

Shawna's leg healed up really well. She wanted to get out of the house. She is so tired of being here so we went on a drive and got out for a walk. Well, her leg gave out and she fell right on a barbed wire fence :oops: . It looked pretty serious. I took off my shoe and took my sock off to clean off the blood so it wouldn't get her socks messy. Instead of her complaining about her leg pain the only thing I heard was how mad she was that I ruined my sock. :lol:

She has been through way to much this year to be bothered by a cut ;) Those are her exact words. She is a very strong woman. Our littlest Dorian had some trouble going back to school. He's been Mamma's little helper through the summer but for the first time in well over a year. I think he is realizing that the worst is over and he is finally starting to enjoy school and not worry so much. :D Our eldest Kolbi is quite the trooper. He is doing much better and seeing his smile again is breath taking. Well me?, That's a tough one. The plate is still overfilled and I'm struggling a bit with those issues I had a while back. Once I get us caught up and can figure out the new path all will be okay.

Your friends,
    John,Shawna and the boy's
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    I hope to one day find the kind of love you two share. It is truly awe-inspiring to hear about the endless love you have for each other. I have been following your story since pre-PJ20, and your story makes me realize so many things about my own life. Keep up the good fight, and every good vibe I have is being sent your guys' way.

Thank you so much inMytree_19 we really appreciate your support It's been a long haul. " All you need is Love.. Love.. Love.. Love.. Love.."

John and Shawna
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    "NAUjackfan"]Just stumbled on this story about you.
    http://www.paysonroundup.com/news/2012/ ... s-patient/[/quote]

Oh my! Gorgeous pic! Great story![/quote]

Hugs to you and your wife, Shawna.[/quote]

:D You are so sweet
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    Hi John, Shawna,

Wanted to say hello and let you know I was thinking about you guys and am hoping that you are having a great week.

B.

make yourself a pact, not to shut doors on the past
    just for today,... I am free

I will not lose my faith
    It's an inside job today

Hi B. and M.,

What a great song this is and thanks for the recommendation. We've listened to it 3-4 times since we read your post last. Man..That song is so inspirational. Thanks for your continued support you guy's
    John and Shawna