Options

Thanks to all and an update on my wife

Comments

• Options
    paysonitespaysonites The Rim Country Posts: 1,150
    We're home and exhausted but we have plenty of good news to share with our friends soon. You all are so special to us. Even though we were alone at the hospital. We felt the love, thoughts and support of you guy's. Honestly Shawna was sleeping most of the time and a peaceful strength seemed to overwhelm me in the darkest of moments. Our thoughts are of thanks and gratitude this evening for we have a lot to be thankful for.

Warmest of thoughts...
    John and Shawna :D:D
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    Great. We're all waiting for the good news. I hope you have a great weekend. I may be passing by you as I head to the Pine-Strawberry Festival.
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    Jeremys SpokenJeremys Spoken Posts: 7,578
    paysonites wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaGUr6wzyT8

Listen to the words of that song above.

<3 much love to you and your family.

Nice choice...At 6:30am this morning I blasted this song and my wife and I had a great little moment on our back porch. Our windows were open I think I might of seen our 75 year old neighbor dancing a bit. :lol: . I feel rested and so much support. The words of that song meant a lot. Thank you...Thank you....Thank you.....
    I just saw this. Im smiling as I write this. Im glad I brought some smiles your way. Bob's message is so true.
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• Options
    BirgitBirgit Posts: 34
    SO happy to hear this! Hope it's a steady uphill journey for you guys from now on, you really deserved this! Waiting for the good news!
    1996 Prague - 2000 Salzburg - 2006 Berlin - Vienna - 2007 Munich - Novarock - 2009 Berlin - London - 2010 Dublin - Belfast - London - Berlin - 2011 PJ20 - 2012 Manchester I&II - Prague - Stockholm - Oslo - Copenhagen - EV Amsterdam I&II
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    paysonites wrote:
    We're home and exhausted but we have plenty of good news to share with our friends soon. You all are so special to us. Even though we were alone at the hospital. We felt the love, thoughts and support of you guy's. Honestly Shawna was sleeping most of the time and a peaceful strength seemed to overwhelm me in the darkest of moments. Our thoughts are of thanks and gratitude this evening for we have a lot to be thankful for.

Warmest of thoughts...
    thanks for the update my friend!!

much love!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    paysonites wrote:

Warmest of thoughts...

Yay! Looking forward to hearing the good news!
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    SD48277 wrote:
    paysonites wrote:

Warmest of thoughts...

Yay! Looking forward to hearing the good news!

Yes, me too! Thanks for the update John.
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Can't wait to hear all about it!

xx
  • Options
    we think of you always!!!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CA Posts: 829
    paysonites wrote:

Warmest of thoughts...

I just made it back to the updated site :) and this is the first thread I looked for.
    I've been thinking of you guys while it was off line and hoping for the best with the surgery on the 6Th.
    We all can't wait to hear the good news!
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    glad to hear everything is on the right track, hope to hear from you soon, my thoughts are with both of you...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Good afternoon,

I don't even know where to start as they say..So here it goes. Yeahhhhhh!!!! Shawna after three longs years of horrendous pain has finally said "My back is feeling a little better and the leg wrenching pain is gone". That's right gone. We are feeling something that has been gone for a very long long time. It's a feeling that is overwhelmingly breaking through a hardened crust with the scars of ancient layers that has stolen away the darkness and replaced with a new and long awaited glimmer and glimpse of what could be renewed as only one thing. H :D A :D P :D P :D I :D N :D E :D S :D S. I'm sure that could of came out a little bit more understandable but that's the only way I can express it right now. Shawna, Kolbi, Dorian and myself have spent half of our precious ten years of being a family having surgeries. It is hard to explain but I feel like I did during our first years of being together.

I/we are feeling so relaxed and relieved that with the blessings of all of the goodness of life that this chapter might be completely over. I can see my wife's spirit again. Her glow...her passion for life. Her whole being is screaming relief and even her voice is anew. Until now I thought that I had completely forgotten what happiness is. I feel so good. Yes, I know the road will be a bit of a challenge until we reach the other side but that's the thing. I can finally see through all of this and it feels like a brand new lease on life. I have never had time to read. With my long day's and night's this is the only writing I have time for. So I hope that I'm delivering the deepness that I am feeling. My wife alive and getting better just brings tears to my eyes. I am in a really good place now.

Alright...Let's talk about Shawna now...This will have to be continued since I'm needing to get back to caring for her. All I can say for now is she looks like my baby. Beautiful.....Glowing......and hypnotiziling full of life. I'll be on again later or very soon. Thank you so much..We love you all and thank you for your continued support.

Your forever grateful friends,
    John and Shawna
    Post edited by paysonites on
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,393
    AWESOME NEWS!!!!!!! So happy for you both! :clap::clap::clap:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    SO SO happy for you both also. Your two are inspirations to say the least!!!
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
  • Options
    Chief BroomChief Broom Detroit Posts: 2,036
    I can't even express how happy it makes me to hear all of that.
    paysonites wrote:
    All I can say for now is she looks like my baby. Beautiful.....Glowing......and hypnotiziling full of life.

There's a light,... when my baby's in my arms... :mrgreen:
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    Fantastic news! I am so happy for both of you!
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,727
    Made it back to civilization late last night....and was lying in bed thinking 'Crap, I forgot to check in to see if John & Shawna updated!' -- What a great start to the week to hear this news from your update. Stoked!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    :clap::clap::clap::clap:
    So very happy to read this news John!!! May things only get better as time passes so you all can get back to 'normal'. Give my best to Shawna and keep us posted as things move along. SO very happy for your family :D
    Cheers,
    Jamie
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    awesome news, happy to hear them...

• Options
    deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    Great news, we are so happy for you :D
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • Options
    kellanazziekellanazzie Posts: 1,484
    So incredibly happy for you all. John, your amazingness astounds me. You stood by your family, strong & true & I hope you know that even a complete stranger is proud of you & all you stand for. You Sir, are one hell of a man!!Shawna, you deserve every single moment of happiness you can grasp, be it tiny & irrelevant to moments which stick forever in your mind & heart. I wish you many of both. Life begins again! Embrace, breathe deep & one day, dance with oblivion no matter where you are. I hope we dance together in the aisle one day.
    Take care,
    Kelly
  • Options
    mini_tbmini_tb Posts: 420
    I got chills reading your update. It's so awesome to hear some bona fide good news for you!! Congrats, guys!!
    Glorified version of a pelican
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Hi everybody, We are definitely not out of the woods. Shawna's pain levels are high. We barely were able to pay and keep our water, phone and internet on. Our Ten Club membership has expired. I've got a lot of work going on but Shawna is needing full time care. Her and I both broke down tonight because this is the hardest time we have dealt with in five years. Please keep us in your thoughts. I wish things would just continue to get better. Her back just started hurting a few days ago and I am so worried about another infection. Please know that we are really needing a lot of emotional support right now. My mother is very sick and just got out of the hospital and there is no support on my wife's side. All I want is for her pain to go away and for life to get back to where it was 5 or so years ago.

Thank you for your continued emotional support. I know we could of not made it this far without you.
    Peace and happiness to all of you.

Your friends,
    John and Shawna :|:|
    Post edited by paysonites on
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    all will be ok..you deserve it..you will get it
  • Options
    You, Shawna, and your mother are in my thoughts. Things will get better for you guys--they have to.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    keep on, we got you both in our minds and hearts...

• Options
    I can't even express how happy it makes me to hear all of that.
    paysonites wrote:
    All I can say for now is she looks like my baby. Beautiful.....Glowing......and hypnotiziling full of life.

There's a light,... when my baby's in my arms... :mrgreen:

How funny "Thin Air" was our first dance song at our wedding. Thanks for your inspiration...
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,393
    keep fighting, you two. our thoughts & prayers are with you.

Matt
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    Keeping you in our thoughts here in Scotland. Your perseverance is inspiring and there's so much love there. I can only keep crossing my fingers for good news and wish you the breaks you so badly deserve....
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12