Options

Thanks to all and an update on my wife

paysonitespaysonites The Rim Country Posts: 1,150
edited December 2013 in The Porch
Hey everybody,

It's been a long time since I've posted on here. First off I wanted to personally thank all that helped my wife and I with the extras so we could be a part of the PJ20 experience in Wisconsin. That trip was very special to both of us. There is nothing like the music of Pearl Jam to lift the spirits. I still have dreams of that incredible weekend. I know that it meant the world to my wife. We had to use a Wheel chair to get around and boy do we have some stories. Those hills were killer. I'll make time for those at some point. Yes, those were some amazing experiences.

I am asking once again for a big big favor. One month after the trip Shawna's health went down hill. Due to a bad back surgery she has continued to have serious health issues. Her back got a major infection. Next her gall bladder which contracted the infection had to be removed. In November she had her infected hardware taken out of her back and was put on a pick line. Since then she still may have a back infection but now she's been fighting for her life. You see she has a three inch infection in her fourth heart chamber. She's been on ivy antibiotics for the past four weeks with no luck. The doctor wants her to be on them for another two weeks. If it doesn't go away then she will be looking at open heart surgery.

Our life has been turned upside down. With no family in town and hardly any support life has been really difficult. I've had to let most of our business go so I can take care of her. So with the emotional, financial and physical struggles we've been having a very difficult time.

So my biggest favor to ask is that people can please keep my 28 year old wife in there thoughts and/or prayers. This has been the most difficult time of our lives and with two major surgeries on the horizon I know the road will be having its challenges.

Thank you for all the past support and I know that whenever we have needed it which has been for around two years now that I can come here. Thank you...Thank you.....Thank you.....

John and Shawna......
John and Shawna
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,779
    My prayers are with Shawna and your family at this difficult time.

I hope 2012 brings you heatlh and peace. Take care.
  • Options
    BigdaBigda Posts: 469
    Sorry to hear all this. this is unfair and just shouldnt be happening. to anyone.
    please, give my best to Shawna. she must be a very brave Woman. and you got to have guts, man, to deal with all this. seems like you are doing fantastic job.
    hope it will all straighten up for you guys, soon.

Be strong.
    B.
    Prague '95 (w/Neil Young), Warsaw '96, Seattle '98, Katowice x2 '00, Berlin '00, Berlin '06, Katowice '07, Copenhagen '07, Belfast '10, Berlin '10, Amsterdam '12, Prague'12, Berlin x2 '12, Vienna '14, Berlin '14..
  • Options
    My prayers are with Shawna and your family at this difficult time.

I hope 2012 brings you heatlh and peace. Take care.

Thank you so much. I am hoping for the same....
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Thoughts & prayers are with you & your wife.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Bigda wrote:
    Sorry to hear all this. this is unfair and just shouldnt be happening. to anyone.
    please, give my best to Shawna. she must be a very brave Woman. and you got to have guts, man, to deal with all this. seems like you are doing fantastic job.
    hope it will all straighten up for you guys, soon.

Be strong.
    B.

Well I've been her advocate, caregiver and husband for a long time we've been together for 9 years and got married in Aug. of 2010. This past year has been very very overwhelming. My heart is broken watching her go through so much pain and suffering but thanks to such caring comments by people like you,that will give me the strength that is much needed.. Thank you.
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    Best wishes going to you both and will be thinking of you.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Thoughts & prayers are with you & your wife.

Thank you
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    Best wishes going to you both and will be thinking of you.

Thank you so so much.
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    mtxmtx Posts: 283
    My thoughts are with You both.
    Much Love. Take care and be strong
    Wuhlheide 2006, 2009, 2010,2014; Chorzów 2007; Hyde Park 2010; Open'er 2010;
    Alpine 1&2;
    2012 Amsterdam 1&2, Prague, Berlin 1&2, Copenhagen;
    2013 Wrigley EarthCam / Ice cold water $1
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    You guys hang in there (i know how it feels to watch someone you love suffer, it can be a struggle all in itself). I send my love and support to both of you. i hope and pray her surgery goes well and this is the last of the uphill battle. Just keep positive dear! If you feel helpless, you can always meditate and and focus positive energy, sometimes its as easy as envisioning her going through the surgery, recovering quickly and getting back to normal. I will do this and i hope you will keep us updated on her , please let her know that she's not alone, and neither are you and that we are here for you even if its just words of comfort. I know you don't know me but If you guys need anything at all , do NOT hesitate to pm me. Take care John! (and Shawna)
  • Options
    Find enclosed all my best for the both of you. I wish you courage, I wish you strength, I wish for you a miracle. Hang in there, g.
    "...bring it back someway bring it back, back, back... to the clean form, to the pure form..."

My Fugazi Live Series ramblings and blog: anothersievefistedfind.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Your wife and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Sending you guys much positive energy as you go through this
    September 15, 1998 Mansfield MA/ August 29, 2000 Mansfield, MA/ June 11, 2008 West Palm Beach, FL/ July 2, 2012 Prague, Czech Republic/ July 4, 2012 Berlin, Germany/ July 5, 2012 Berlin, Germany/ September 21, 2012 Pensacola, FL/ July 16, 2013 London, ON, Canada/ July 19, 2013 Chicago, IL/ October 12, 2013 Buffalo, NY/ October 25, 2013 Hartford, CT/ November 23, 2013 Los Angeles, CA/ November 24, 2013 Los Angeles, CA/ November 26, 2013 Oakland, CA/ November 29, 2013 Portland, OR/ November 30, 2013 Spokane, WA
  • Options
    John-Keeping you and Shawna in my thoughts and prayers. Praying that Shawna will be restored to good health very soon. Please keep us posted on how she is doing, and hugs to both of you.
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    I'll light a candle for both of you and say a prayer.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    To John and Shawna

After experiencing the huge love and support of people on this board when my child was unwell, I pass on all the good wishes and positive energy I can.
  • Options
    mtx wrote:
    My thoughts are with You both.
    Much Love. Take care and be strong

+10,000
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    gunter1976 wrote:
    Find enclosed all my best for the both of you. I wish you courage, I wish you strength, I wish for you a miracle. Hang in there, g.

Thank you for the support. We really appreciate it. :D
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    Your wife and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Sending you guys much positive energy as you go through this

Wow!! I can't believe all of the responses. Thank you for taking the time to wish us well
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    John-Keeping you and Shawna in my thoughts and prayers. Praying that Shawna will be restored to good health very soon. Please keep us posted on how she is doing, and hugs to both of you.

Very very kind thanks for the love and the prayers
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    SD48277 wrote:
    I'll light a candle for both of you and say a prayer.

Thank you.... :)
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    Boxes&BooksBoxes&Books USA Posts: 2,672
    Thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife. Be strong and never stop fighting.
  • Options
    the post above says it all. never stop fighting. my thoughts are with you both.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and you're wife. I have had two family members diagnosed with and begin treatment for cancer these past few months and their attitudes have been amazingly positive. I mention this because I truly belive that a positive attitude helps keep a person strong, and from this post and your previous one you seem to have that mindset, despite the horrible situation you and your wife have continued to face. Continue to stay strong for both of you, and I hope your wife can make it through this. Praying for you both.
    Amy
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    My thoughts and prayers are with your wife and you.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and you're wife. I have had two family members diagnosed with and begin treatment for cancer these past few months and their attitudes have been amazingly positive. I mention this because I truly belive that a positive attitude helps keep a person strong, and from this post and your previous one you seem to have that mindset, despite the horrible situation you and your wife have continued to face. Continue to stay strong for both of you, and I hope your wife can make it through this. Praying for you both.
    Amy

Thank you so much for kindness and your openness. I know you are right and that positivity truly is the key. The roads may be similar in the fact that they are long. Staying strong and positive is the rock that can keep one from breaking. Life hasn't made sense for a very long time. About a year or so now. People in general meaning everyday life don't understand how hard and draining it is on the spouses or family. I have had a full plate for so long now that the strength seems to be dwindling at times. If you are close to these family members know that their spouses are needing strength too. I spent some time before responding to your post to think of them and you in a special way. I know how hard things can be and get so many many goods vibes to you and those that are close to you. I really appreciate your support and thank you.
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    My thoughts and prayers are with your wife and you.

Thank you :)
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Sending good vibes your way.
    I know the medical system and all the emotions that go with it's red tape and decisions are not easy. Hold on and have faith and your love for her will go a long way.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    I am so sorry to hear about the recent turn for the worse, you are both in my thoughts and prayers!
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    Sending good vibes your way.
    I know the medical system and all the emotions that go with it's red tape and decisions are not easy. Hold on and have faith and your love for her will go a long way.

That's a very delicate piece. Meaning the medical system. Not to get political but this year just a week ago to be exact so many changes have occurred with our insurance that truly do effect her medical care in general. So all I can do is triple check all of the decisions being made by the nurses and doctors. Faith, love and clear thinking is what will get us through all of this. I genuinely appreciate you and everybody else taking the time to share such warming thoughts.....
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    Carey wrote:
    I am so sorry to hear about the recent turn for the worse, you are both in my thoughts and prayers!

You have meant so much to us through this Carey. Thank you for your kindness now and through the past year. We sincerely appreciate it and your prayers.
    John and Shawna