Options

10 club members get the nose bleeds 08/23/09

Davidle1Davidle1 Posts: 4
edited October 2009 in The Porch
Hi, I was at yesterdays United center show. Me my friend and a bunch of other 10 club members got really

crappy seats! We were in section 311 seat 11 and 12. (I did an individual section poll) Everyone I talked to were

10 club members. I spent $68.00..For real Eddie...$68.00 for nose bleeds? I think there needs to be a change!

For one thing if I buy tickets for a future show and you plan on giving me nose bleeds please refund my ticket

right away! we actually brought the tickets in good faith expecting reasonable accommodation however for $68.00

we got seats that were not worth the price. I also heard the second show 8/24/09 show did not sell out very

quickly...wouldn't it make sense to move the 10 club members to the next day with better seats? I think it

should work as follows....you click purchase ticket at that time you see exactly where your seats are located...

if they are not acceptable they you have the option to say iam not buying that...(For the record i never...never

never sit in the balcony at ANY SHOW...NEVER...UNTIL YESTERDAY) I wish I had watched the concert on

youtube....it was really that bad....lets make the changes for the better...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    Yay. Another one of these threads. Just what this board needed.

You couldn't just contribute to one of the other threads on this topic. Had to start your own, eh?
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,179
    You knew the rules before you bought tickets. Stop being a little fucking baby. Pathetic.
  • Options
    Please check your sense of entitlement at the door.

You saw Pearl Jam last night. I didn't. You win.
    If I knew where it was, I would take you there...
  • Options
    Also, what's with the hitting of the enter key and random intervals in the original post?
  • Options
    Me too! How disappointing.
  • Options
    Isn't it amazing how all the people unhappy with their seats just so happen to have never posted here before?
  • Options
    Guitarhero27Guitarhero27 Posts: 2,146
    ...eagerly awaits Santos to chime in with this fan club member number....
    9/29/96, 8/29/98, 9/8,11/98, 7/28/99, 8/23,24,25/00, 10/13/00, 4/15/03, 4/30/03, 7/8,9,12,14/03, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 5/4,5,13,27,28/06, 6/1,3/06, 6/19,20,22,24,25,27/08, 7/1/08, 8/4,5,7,16/08, 8/21/09, 10/27,28,30,31/09, 5/15,17,18,20,21/10, 9/2/12, 10/18,19,21,22,25/13
  • Options
    You knew the rules before you bought tickets. Stop being a little fucking baby. Pathetic.

Shut up.
  • Options
    did that many 10c members go to this show? i mean my 10c # is 317xxx and i had decent seats at MSG last year where i thought would be the most out of town people at any US show ever...i mean i never expect front row(the one time i was front row i bought the ticket of the net) but 300's? that's gotta suck!
  • Options
    did that many 10c members go to this show? i mean my 10c # is 317xxx and i had decent seats at MSG last year where i thought would be the most out of town people at any US show ever...i mean i never expect front row(the one time i was front row i bought the ticket of the net) but 300's? that's gotta suck!

I think maybe that, because these were the only US shows on the schedule when they were announced, a lot of people jumped the gun in getting 10C tickets because they thought this would be their only chance.

Just a theory. I have no idea if it's correct or not.
  • Options
    I had 300 section tickets last night...and the show was AWESOME!!!!!!!! Amazing setlist, great ten club fans by me, all around great time. Of course I would have like better seats but it is what it is...oh well. There are a lot of things that I love about this fan club and I will continue to pay and use it but perhaps next time they do a limited, large cities only tour I will buy from Ticketmaster...not a big deal.

At first I was upset, mainly because me and my buddy are die hards and have to sit in the 300's while my 10 buddies that I made go (b/c I force them to listen to PJ all the time and insisted they go) had WAY better seats than me for the same price. Anyway, not ranting...The show was effin awesome and me and my buddy had a blast! Actually glad my other friends got good seats to finally see PJ and get a taste of what I am always tralking about!

PS...Another friend of mine has a higher member # than me and got section 110...I had 304, not sure how that happens.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    I was in section 311 with 10c seats. I have a pretty high number

Was there really enough 10c pairs sold for seats to be that far back? Doesn't seem possible to me.

I was a little disappointed/suprised where my seats were but no worries.

After all the talk of bad sound in the UC, I was a bit concerned bein in 300s, but I thought the sound was better than an arena show should.
  • Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732

I think maybe that, because these were the only US shows on the schedule when they were announced, a lot of people jumped the gun in getting 10C tickets because they thought this would be their only chance.

The Problem here is not that many 10c Members bought tickets or that the 10c numbers of the complainers were bad. The Problem is that the 10c sold way more tickets then probably ever before and because of that many people got way worse seats then before. My number is 350xxx and I was at the MSG and Mansfield shows last year and I still had decent seats. If I would have made my way over to the US from Europe for these Chicago shows I definately would have been dissappointed with nosebleed seats. If they keep up with selling that many 10c tickets to the shows it will make the whole seniority thing even worse for newer members.
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Options
    awilk99awilk99 Posts: 11
    do you know that other bands dont even do this? if you were unhappy with the ways tickets were distributed than you should have went thru ticketmaster. you know the rules when you purchase tickets. instead of complaining why dont you just be grateful you were there. for a lot of other people wish they were. last nights show was amazing!!!Pearl Jam is all about their fans..they do what they can. so either stop whining or cancel your membership. cant wait til tonights show..no matter where i sit!
  • Options
    Dercheef wrote:

The Problem here is not that many 10c Members bought tickets or that the 10c numbers of the complainers were bad. The Problem is that the 10c sold way more tickets then probably ever before and because of that many people got way worse seats then before. My number is 350xxx and I was at the MSG and Mansfield shows last year and I still had decent seats. If I would have made my way over to the US from Europe for these Chicago shows I definately would have been dissappointed with nosebleed seats. If they keep up with selling that many 10c tickets to the shows it will make the whole seniority thing even worse for newer members.

The alternative is 10C making less tickets available to members, and the message pit then getting filled up with messages from people whining about getting shut out. Just enjoy the fucking show, people.
    If I knew where it was, I would take you there...
  • Options
    Isn't it amazing how all the people unhappy with their seats just so happen to have never posted here before?

What does posting have to do with this? Obviously some people have more time than others.
  • Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732

The alternative is 10C making less tickets available to members, and the message pit then getting filled up with messages from people whining about getting shut out. Just enjoy the fucking show, people.
    I would prefer that actually.
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Options
    kp276236 wrote:

What does posting have to do with this? Obviously some people have more time than others.

Signing up just to bitch just seems troll-ish, to me.
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    crybaby.png?w=300&h=425
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    kp276236 wrote:

Signing up just to bitch just seems troll-ish, to me.

What's worse is that they PAID to troll!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    shaggy15shaggy15 Posts: 190
    i m so sick of people thinking they are intitled to better things just because they are them. people need to get over themselves. i was in 317 and they were good seats could see everything
    like a dog chasing a car, I do not know what i would do with it if i caught it----Joker

myspace.com/shaggy10680
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    Thank the lord (a bit) for GA over here, most of the time you get what you deserve depending on when you queue and its not about how old you are.
  • Options
    EvolverEvolver Posts: 525
    Yay. Another one of these threads. Just what this board needed.

You couldn't just contribute to one of the other threads on this topic. Had to start your own, eh?

Yes, really too bad this person had to put your so far out of your way or so severely inconvenience your life by starting another thread on a given topic. Get over it. If you don't like it, don't read the damn thread.
  • Options
    carusocaruso Posts: 5
    This is a big deal. Our seats were in the 300s as well. We would have rethought spending the money knowing the seats would be in the nosebleeds. In this economy, the club owes it to its fans to let them know upfront where the seats are going to be and give them the option to buy. It's disappointing to know I could have gone on ticketmaster and received much better seats. Way to treat your fans!
  • Options
    KIElm83KIElm83 Posts: 8
    I think all this complaining is ridiculous. Those of you who have, should be ashamed. In the announcement email for the show, 10c specifically said:
    Ten Club tickets are for reserved seating and will be allocated by seniority. The longer you have been in the fan club, the closer your seats will be to the stage. Newer members should not expect prime seat locations. Proximity to the stage is contingent on the amount of members in attendance.

Everyone knew in advance!
    My husband & I were in section 311 & we had a great view for how far back we were. Practically everyone in our section bitched. One guy complained for the whole show because he thought he would get floor seats even though he had only been a member for 9 months! I was just happy to actually get a ticket. Great show!

Thanks to PJ & 10c! There are some of us who actually appreciate being members...
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    caruso wrote:
    This is a big deal. Our seats were in the 300s as well. We would have rethought spending the money knowing the seats would be in the nosebleeds. In this economy, the club owes it to its fans to let them know upfront where the seats are going to be and give them the option to buy. It's disappointing to know I could have gone on ticketmaster and received much better seats. Way to treat your fans!

Maybe the dumbest post regarding 10c seniority I've ever seen
  • Options
    pjbugs007pjbugs007 Posts: 1,101
    one can only hope that next time tickets go on sale these ppl that are crying about the seats..decide not to buy fan club tickets...that way it makes it easier for everyone else to get tickets..and for those with the higher #s..then move a tweek closer....
  • Options
    jbalicki10jbalicki10 Posts: 517
    I was soooo tempted to walk up to the 300 level from my floor seats and offer to trade last night. There was this guy who smelled like really BAD BO and Wine Belches. It was horrible. Id rather much hang out in the rafters to escape that smell.
  • Options
    EvolverEvolver Posts: 525
    DewieCox wrote:
    caruso wrote:

Maybe the dumbest post regarding 10c seniority I've ever seen

Dude, just let people post their opinions without telling them they are dumb, for the love of crap. I mean seriously, this is someone's opinion, and if you don't like it, AND you have something constructive to say (other than, "this is a dumb post", "stop whining", or "stop bitching") then is it that hard for you to just not post anything at all???? Unbelievable. I have to say, when you come back with comments like this, it is a reflection on you, and 9/10 times you come out looking more the fool than the OP.
  • Options
    pjbugs007pjbugs007 Posts: 1,101
    and his opinion was he thought it was the dumbest post ever regarding 10c seniority no? hehe