Options

The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,929
    edited March 2023
    tdawe said:
    What’s worse? Checking this thread every day, or leaving it alone for a little while, seeing triple-digit new posts, getting excited and then skimming to find no real updates? I’ve done it both ways and can’t decide. 
    You could also check the tour rumor summary thread which is essentially a regurgitation of this thread if you really want to double your excitement.
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,924
    tdawe said:
    What’s worse? Checking this thread every day, or leaving it alone for a little while, seeing triple-digit new posts, getting excited and then skimming to find no real updates? I’ve done it both ways and can’t decide. 
    You could also check the tour rumor summary thread which is essentially a regurgitation of this thread if you really want to double your excitement.
    Sports gif Wrestler Daniel Bryan wears a Yes Yes Yes shirt and pumps his arms in the air with intensity as he does his Yes chant
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,057
    Vedd Hedd said:

Could be they are working out contracts with drummers. 
    I don't need a contract. I'll play for a couple beers and a sandwich. Hit me up, Dave! And if Matt is busy, I'm ready to fill in for him in PJ as well. 
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,767
    This would never happen, but seeing covid denied us a chance to see the Gigaton visuals in a movie theater, why not project them while playing the Sphere in Vegas after U2's done with it?
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,175
    Doug87 said:
    on2legs said:
    Will get interesting in here if MFC gets pulled for Foos. 
    The only way I see Matt doing FF is because Pearl Jam doesn’t have shows planned.  I’m doubtful he’s picking foos over PJ.  So it would be a heads up as to their plans.  Either way it’s a good thing to have some clarity about a tour.  
    One thing to consider is that it’s been mentioned that there may be two drummers that will rotate (Atom Willard).

I could see it being Matt as the primary with a backup to accommodate Pearl Jam’s limited touring plans.

It makes sense for Matt to join as he’s not consistently busy between Pearl Jam and Soundgarden. The rotating or back up drummer would make it easy to accommodate when he needs to prioritize Pearl Jam.

In fact, writing it out, I wonder if that’s part of why Foo Fighters haven’t announced anything formally on who will be drumming.

It’s possible that they plan to detail who will drum at each show which would foreshadow Pearl Jam’s plans or beg the question of why Matt can’t make some of the shows.

In that scenario, it would make sense for Foo Fighters to announce after Pearl Jam’s plans are out in the open (whenever that is).
    Absolutely, if Matt decides to drum with them I see that as him wanting to do something with his open schedule.  
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    Douglas12373Douglas12373 Posts: 205
    edited March 2023
    TBF Matt wasn't around for the band's (presumably) highest earning years/biggest selling records, so he probably can't afford to sit at home for two years like the OGs, despite his years with SG
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 885
    TBF Matt wasn't around for the band's (presumably) highest earning years/biggest selling records, so he probably can't afford to sit at home for two years like the OGs, despite his years with SG
    I know money isn’t infinite when you have success....but I’m sure Matt isn’t too worried about lack of money
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,482
    I know money isn’t infinite when you have success....but I’m sure Matt isn’t too worried about lack of money
    If Kim Thayil & Ben Shepard aren't out scrounging, I'm hard pressed to think Matt is hard up. He's the only one of them who's had a solid gig for the last 25 years. 
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883

...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,234
    I think it’s safe to say if any of these guys decided to never work another day their families would still be set for at least a couple generations. 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Kwieneke said:
    I think it’s safe to say if any of these guys decided to never work another day their families would still be set for at least a couple generations. 

Exactly. Matt has been recording and touring since the 90s. 
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,877
    edited March 2023
    An actual rumor:

Suddenly a remarkable rumor appears on the French radio. Philipe Manœuvre is sure: Pearl Jam is coming to Paris on June 8, 2023 for a concert. The band had to cancel a number of shows last year due to Eddie Vedder's voice problems. Will Pearl Jam return this year for a European summer holiday?

It's something about those radio DJs who talk their mouths off. First, a BBC Jock confirmed that Foo Fighters would release new work this month . And now Philipe Manœuvre of the French radio station RFM reports that none other than Pearl Jam will return to Europe next summer. According to him, the band from Seattle will give a show in Paris on June 8, 2023. The fragment where Manœuvre more or less 'confirmed' this can be heard here (around 32:50) for those who speak or understand a word of French . 

Not a very strange idea in itself. The grunge giants had to cancel a number of shows last year due to the persistent voice problems of frontman Eddie Vedder. Including the first performance of the diptych in the Amsterdam Ziggo Dome. Will the band return to Europe for a make-up tour and will they pick up some extra cities? Especially in Prague and Vienna the fans will listen to this.

Matt Cameron?

If this is true, is this gig going to happen with Matt Cameron? The drummer has also been linked to Foo Fighters to take his place next summer on the drum stool Taylor Hawkins left behind a year ago . While sources have been sketchy so far ( The Sun , among others), it's an interesting thought. Cameron attended the Taylor Hawkins tribute concert in the US and played the (especially among drummers) fan favorite 'Low' with Grohl and co. Did this perhaps taste like more?“

Post edited by given2fly23 on
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,193
    edited March 2023
    I love the actual rumor but Paris is allegedly what caused the voice issue.  I would think that would be the last place they would go! If anything they would be more likely to hit the places that were cancelled, not that I think that is super likely.  

Edit:  just listened and it says they will start in Lisbon on May 23.  That would be an awesome thing but I dunno, less than 8 weeks notice for a European tour, seems rather unlikely.    
    Post edited by RatherStarved on
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,771
    Don't buy in to Europe 2023.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 539
    Matt just posted on Instagram. Looks like he may be the Foos drummer
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
  • Options
    camhendycamhendy Posts: 157
    Wow. For some reason I was really doubting it. Good for MFC
    2013: London
    2016: Ottawa
    2018: Wrigley 1 & 2
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Innings Fest (EV), Ft Worth 1 & 2, Austin 1 & 2

• Options
    BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,155
    Don't buy in to Europe 2023.
    Maybe Ed but would be very unusual for the band to announce Europe so late 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754

Awesome for Matt! 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,294
    camhendy said:
    Wow. For some reason I was really doubting it. Good for MFC
    Maybe the waiting drove him mad and just said I wanna play live gigs! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    matt3846matt3846 Atlanta Posts: 153
    Unless I am missing something… I think it’s more likely that the Instagram pic is a tribute to his friend that died a year ago today.
    NOT an announcement that he is taking his place.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,911
    Twenty-five years after Pearl Jam called, Matt's batphone rings again.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    The Camaros HoodThe Camaros Hood Boston, MA Posts: 440
    matt3846 said:
    Unless I am missing something… I think it’s more likely that the Instagram pic is a tribute to his friend that died a year ago today.
    NOT an announcement that he is taking his place.
    Agree with this. 
    Austin, TX - 9/16/95 ~ Charleston, SC - 10/5/96 ~ Dallas, TX - 7/5/98 ~ San Antonio, TX - 4/5/03 ~ Denver, CO - 7/2/06 ~ EV - LA #2 - 4/13/08 ~ Austin, TX - 10/4/09 ~ Los Angeles, CA #1 - 11/23/13 ~ Los Angeles, CA #2 - 11/24/13 ~ Seattle, WA - 12/6/13 ~ NYC #1 - 5/1/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 8/5/16 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 8/7/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/2/18 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/4/18 ~ Louisville, KY - 9/17/22 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #1 - 9/13/23 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #2 - 9/15/23 ~ Austin, Texas #1 - 9/18/23 ~ Austin, Texas #2 - 9/19/23
  • Options
    PJNB said:

Awesome for Matt! 
    So from this we’re supposed to take as he’s the  FF drummer for how ever long the tour is? Am I missing something 
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,928
    I could be wrong, but I think he's just wearing it because it's the one year anniversary of Taylor's death. The jacket he's wearing is from the Taylor Hawkins tribute concerts (Matt was at the LA one). I'd be leaning a little more towards Foo Fighters if that was a piece of FF merch, but who knows... 
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Options
    edited March 2023
    PJNB said:

Awesome for Matt! 
    So from this we’re supposed to take as he’s the  FF drummer for how ever long the tour is? Am I missing something 

This is not an official statement but we all know the rumours. Why add fuel to the fire on a serious subject manner to him unless he was committing to some (guessing not all) shows. 

Edit: I guess I should add awesome if it happens since I really have no info either way. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

Awesome for Matt! 

This is not an official statement but we all know the rumours. Why add fuel to the fire on a serious subject manner to him unless he was committing to some (guessing not all) shows. 
    True but I’d def expect an announcement of some sort from both camps! 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

Awesome for Matt! 

True but I’d def expect an announcement of some sort from both camps! 
    I agree but I also find it interesting that we might get a potential Matt announcement before PJ announces any shows. Plenty of people will think no PJ this year if he is the drummer and maybe spend money elsewhere. 
  • Options
    LizJLizJ Posts: 335
    An actual rumor:

Suddenly a remarkable rumor appears on the French radio. Philipe Manœuvre is sure: Pearl Jam is coming to Paris on June 8, 2023 for a concert. The band had to cancel a number of shows last year due to Eddie Vedder's voice problems. Will Pearl Jam return this year for a European summer holiday?

It's something about those radio DJs who talk their mouths off. First, a BBC Jock confirmed that Foo Fighters would release new work this month . And now Philipe Manœuvre of the French radio station RFM reports that none other than Pearl Jam will return to Europe next summer. According to him, the band from Seattle will give a show in Paris on June 8, 2023. The fragment where Manœuvre more or less 'confirmed' this can be heard here (around 32:50) for those who speak or understand a word of French . 

Not a very strange idea in itself. The grunge giants had to cancel a number of shows last year due to the persistent voice problems of frontman Eddie Vedder. Including the first performance of the diptych in the Amsterdam Ziggo Dome. Will the band return to Europe for a make-up tour and will they pick up some extra cities? Especially in Prague and Vienna the fans will listen to this.

Matt Cameron?

If this is true, is this gig going to happen with Matt Cameron? The drummer has also been linked to Foo Fighters to take his place next summer on the drum stool Taylor Hawkins left behind a year ago . While sources have been sketchy so far ( The Sun , among others), it's an interesting thought. Cameron attended the Taylor Hawkins tribute concert in the US and played the (especially among drummers) fan favorite 'Low' with Grohl and co. Did this perhaps taste like more?“

Yesterday I’ve had a friend translate what the DJ said, as I don’t speak French. And there is a second date mentioned which would be May, 23 in Lisbon, Portugal. 
    And that is also weird. 
    Besides the short notice for this tour (Lisbon would be in less than 2 months) the dates would be exactly the same as the ones from 2000 in Paris and Lisbon. 
    Also Dimi posted on Facebook not long ago: „No Europe for PJ in 2023.“ 
    So I got excited for a second but then realized that this doesn’t make sense at all. 
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,234
    I don’t think Matt would make any announcement on the anniversary of Taylor’s death. I don’t think he’d want the day to be about himself 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    Kwieneke said:
    I don’t think Matt would make any announcement on the anniversary of Taylor’s death. I don’t think he’d want the day to be about himself 
    Forgot it was the 1 year anniversary. That makes much more sense.