Options

America's Gun Violence

Comments

• Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,976
    PJ_Soul said:

Interesting. Well I guess perhaps a point has made. I was dissuaded from using a gun because of high ammo prices (despite my friend trying to persuade me. He even offered to pay for my ammo, but I refused because just the principle of paying that much for shooting little bits of metal at a target seems a ridiculous waste of money). And no, it wasn't just an easy excuse to not go for me, lol. So it seems like dramatically raising ammo prices in the US really might help to calm the gun culture down there over time.

Raising ammo prices would definitely prevent some people from being able to afford to shoot regularly. Some areas have tried "Ammo Tax" legislation but it has largely failed. It always opens the debate that it would unfairly effect poor people who have just as much of a right to self-preservation as rich people.

If such a thing were implemented nationally, I imagine there would be a surge in black market ammo/arms dealing and more theft.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options

http://youtu.be/sJ19_qYPuyM

Just seen this. Thought it would be excellent for schools, offices, or any other application.

This is clever!
  • Options
    I think this situation also illustrates why some people buy ammo consistently. So that when they do go to the range they don't have that out of pocket cost hit them all at once. If you have an inventory then you can take what you need for the day and keep you costs spread out instead of all at once. I know this is what I do. Also because I take other with me to the range who are barely getting by financially, it allows me to "treat" them without them having to have any out of pocket costs.
  • Options
    I do this too.

It seems that every time rumors of new gun control laws start circulating, people start hoarding ammo. This drives costs up.

I just got a "special offer" in my email for a bulk pack of. 22 lr. It was only $50.00. A few years ago that same box cost $15.00.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,798
    dudeman said:

I do this too.

It seems that every time rumors of new gun control laws start circulating, people start hoarding ammo. This drives costs up.

I just got a "special offer" in my email for a bulk pack of. 22 lr. It was only $50.00. A few years ago that same box cost $15.00.

Gotta love capitalism
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    I know I give Obummer a hard time on these boards all the time, but I got to hand it to guy, he truely is the worlds best Gun Salesman. My Smith and Wesson stock has gone through the roof !!!!
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    I know when I purchase my items made to kill humans and other living beings...I don't want to pay very much.
  • Options
    Smellyman said:

I know when I purchase my items made to kill humans and other living beings...I don't want to pay very much.

Its even better to get dividends as a result of death and irrational fear.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Sometimes the fear is rational. Best to be prepared, no?
  • Options
    dudeman said:

It will only help weed out the population. Darwin at work I guess is a good thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXtBZPONSCc
  • Options
    You can find videos of people doing all kinds of stupid shit with any manner of objects. That doesn't do anything for me.

What about the victims of violent crime? Domestic violence? Are they living with irrational fear? Is it okay for them to defend their lives and the lives of their children with firearms?
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    dudeman said:

You can find videos of people doing all kinds of stupid shit with any manner of objects. That doesn't do anything for me.

What about the victims of violent crime? Domestic violence? Are they living with irrational fear? Is it okay for them to defend their lives and the lives of their children with firearms?

Does me....idiots make me laugh. Ones that could kill me, not so much.

Only in the US where guns are legal are people living in fear. Fox News and NRA perpetuating the fear in the weak minded. Be afraid Dude...be very afraid man.
    Post edited by Smellyman on
  • Options
    Smellyman said:

dudeman said:

It will only help weed out the population. Darwin at work I guess is a good thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXtBZPONSCc
    Responsible gun owners before they became irresponsible.

H-O-L-Y

F * * K!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Smellyman said:

I don't always kill other people... but when I do... I use cheap, on-line ammunition. Stay armed my friends.

- The World's Most Interesting Man
  • Options
    Smellyman said:

dudeman said:

Only in the US where guns are legal are people living in fear. Fox News and NRA perpetuating the fear in the weak minded. Be afraid Dude...be very afraid man.
    Fox News and the NRA have absolutely nothing to do with the reasons I feel law-abiding citizens should be able to choose to own firearms for self-preservation.

That's a pretty dismissive attitude you have towards victims of violence.

Good luck with that.
  • Options
    dudeman said:

Smellyman said:

dudeman said:

Fox News and the NRA have absolutely nothing to do with the reasons I feel law-abiding citizens should be able to choose to own firearms for self-preservation.

That's a pretty dismissive attitude you have towards victims of violence.

Good luck with that.
    War perpetuates war, violence perpetuates violence.
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    who ever uses the sword will die by the sword
    i have no time for people who have no reason
    (or reason) to act so stupid with weapons
    rather a legal cup of Tea... than put up with it
    so stick that in your pipe and smoke it well try to
  • Options

• Options
    edited February 2016
    What a douche!

And yes, bullets get hot when fired. I recently read an article that detailed what is happening to a rifle bullet during flight. They found that polymer tipped bullets get hot enough for the tip to melt.
    Post edited by dudeman on
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    JWPearl said:

Bibi Netenyahu would have been slayed by your proverbial sword in utero if that was the case.

• Options
    JWPearl said:

I'd rather have the sword and not have to use it than not have it and find myself in a situation where I wished desperately for it.

I also like the idea that law abiding citizens currently have the right to choose for themselves.
  • Options
    like every law abiding moron ithis thread
  • Options
    Most of the people in the links to news stories in this thread aren't exactly law abiding.

Please don't mistake my point of view as one from the far right. I feel that much can and should be done to curtail the amount of gun deaths here.
  • Options
    dudeman said:

Most of the people in the links to news stories in this thread aren't exactly law abiding.

Please don't mistake my point of view as one from the far right. I feel that much can and should be done to curtail the amount of gun deaths here.

They were law abiding until they weren't anymore.

Many people who shoot people in a fit of rage would likely swear a bit and be frustrated for a moment or two until they cooled down without the opportunity to take advantage of the gun they had to express their anger.

Don't have a gun? Can't shoot anyone.
  • Options
    Do you think that private ownership of firearms should be made illegal?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    dudeman said:

I know you're not asking me directly, but FWIW, I don't think a single person has ever said that in any gun thread on the AMT.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I know that most people here are OK with guns for hunting but the last sentence in Thirty's post made me wonder if his stance had changed.
  • Options
    dudeman said:

No.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,297

dudeman said:

They were law abiding until they weren't anymore.

Many people who shoot people in a fit of rage would likely swear a bit
    and be frustrated for a moment or two until they cooled down without the opportunity to take advantage of the gun they had to express their anger.

Don't have a gun? Can't shoot anyone.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxnxH-7Xk7U
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

dudeman said:

I know you're not asking me directly, but FWIW, I don't think a single person has ever said that in any gun thread on the AMT.
    I will be the one who says yes
This discussion has been closed.