Options

Black Crowes double acoustic album, tour, hiatus, **RETURN**

Comments

• Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    It never ceases to amaze me but there are already tickets on Stubhub for the tour.
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Looks the rumours were true. Black Crowes tour in 2013, UK and US dates in March / April. check out their web site for dates :D

http://www.blackcrowes.com/

(The top date is 24th March in Manchester but its hidden by the message)

£40 for one ticket at Manchester Academy. Blimey!
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    boyo79 wrote:
    Looks the rumours were true. Black Crowes tour in 2013, UK and US dates in March / April. check out their web site for dates :D

That is expensive. I'm still gonna go.
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,239
    boyo79 wrote:

That is expensive. I'm still gonna go.

Expensive... but they are billing the shows as "An Evening With...". That used to mean a 2 set show, am sure there'll be a couple of warm up shows for Mr Crowe's Garden or something similar prior to the tour which may give some clues.
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    I think I'm more nervous about getting tickets tomorrow than I was for Missoula
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I hope I do well on getting a Houston Ticket tomorrow. 8-) :?
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,048
    got tix for my wife and I am going to surprise her for the Philly show. I can't believe they offer a VIP Meet N Greet for so cheap considering all that you get. I'm not telling her that was an option though LOL!!
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,040
    I purchased two tickets to the Detroit show.....main floor. Awesome!!!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    got tix for my wife and I am going to surprise her for the Philly show. I can't believe they offer a VIP Meet N Greet for so cheap considering all that you get. I'm not telling her that was an option though LOL!!

So, it looks like I could meet Mr and Mrs elwayvedder. :lol: tickets bought, look forward to it. It will be a Good Friday ;)
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,841
    Anyone having luck on tix?? Trying to score Ryman tix on TM but no luck just yet.
  • Options
    jjflash wrote:
    Anyone having luck on tix?? Trying to score Ryman tix on TM but no luck just yet.

They went super fast. However, I have an extra single for both nights if you need one, PM me.
  • Options
    YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    I got tickets for both Capitol Theatre shows and both Terminal 5 shows. I'm really excited for these shows. I haven't seen the Black Crowes since the Town Hall shows in November 2008.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • Options
    crowes74crowes74 Posts: 273
    Got tickets to the st.louis show and both Ryman dates. Hotels booked for Nashville so I guess there's no backing out now. Told myself I was done traveling to see them after last hiatus, liar liar.
  • Options
    Yefa wrote:
    I got tickets for both Capitol Theatre shows and both Terminal 5 shows. I'm really excited for these shows. I haven't seen the Black Crowes since the Town Hall shows in November 2008.

Got tix for Fri at T5. Psyched to see them in this type of setting! This is the way to see them.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,048

So, it looks like I could meet Mr and Mrs elwayvedder. :lol: tickets bought, look forward to it. It will be a Good Friday ;)

book it! I already told her to get a sitter. Will probably take her to dinner first and then head over to Philly. PM me when we get closer and we can exchange #s and meet up before entering the show!!
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Ended up with Balc Left Row C for Houston. :mrgreen:
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    ST279453ST279453 Posts: 195
    If anybody has an extra pair of tickets for St. Louis, I am looking. Gotshut out. Thanks.
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020

book it! I already told her to get a sitter. Will probably take her to dinner first and then head over to Philly. PM me when we get closer and we can exchange #s and meet up before entering the show!!
    Say hi to Jackie Greene for me... he is one of my favorites!!!!!
  • Options
    So I had to call my credit card company tonight because of 2 fraudulent charges on my card. As I was cancelling my card and ordering another, I asked if I would need to contact any vendors who had pending charges on my card (i.e. 10C for the Wrigley tickets). After answering my question she asked about multiple charges on my card for "TM - Black Crowes" and if they were legit. When I answered yes, she proceeded to praise me for being " so cool" because in her eyes, The Black Crowes are "vastly underrated and unappreciated". I asked her if she wanted my extras. Made my entire week :lol:
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,040
    Heisenberg wrote:
    So I had to call my credit card company tonight because of 2 fraudulent charges on my card. As I was cancelling my card and ordering another, I asked if I would need to contact any vendors who had pending charges on my card (i.e. 10C for the Wrigley tickets). After answering my question she asked about multiple charges on my card for "TM - Black Crowes" and if they were legit. When I answered yes, she proceeded to praise me for being " so cool" because in her eyes, The Black Crowes are "vastly underrated and unappreciated". I asked her if she wanted my extras. Made my entire week :lol:

You should totally bang her. :lol:
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:

Good story and I agree w CardGirl, they are underrated and underappreciated. Can't wait to see em live again :D. Hope everything worked out ok w/ your card.
  • Options
    Terminal 5 tix arrived today next to my Isle of Wight flag. :D
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,288
    Apologies if this has been posted already...
    The Black Crowes' WISER FOR THE TIME' Vinyl Box Set
    The Black Crowes "Wiser For The Time" Available everywhere on March 19th.

"Wiser For The Time" will be available exclusively on vinyl and as a digital download.

The vinyl box set contains 4 discs, eight sides packed with 26 songs (15 acoustic & 11 electric) from the band's five-night, sold out NYC performances from 2010.

Track Listing:

ACOUSTIC
    Cursed Diamond
    Sister Luck
    Smile
    Downtown Money Waster
    Hot Burrito #1
    Hot Burrito #2
    Garden Gate
    Better When You're Not Alone
    Darling Of The Underground Press
    Jealous Again
    Hotel Illness
    Thunderstorm
    Oh The Rain
    Soul Singing
    Tonight I'll Be Staying Here With You

ELECTRIC
    Exit
    No Speak No Slave
    Only Halfway To Everywhere
    A Conspiracy
    Title Song
    My Morning Song/Stare It Cold
    Tied Up & Swallowed
    Make Glad
    Waiting Guilty
    She Talk To Angels
    Willin
    It's available to preorder on their website right now! :D
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Cover of Dylan's 'Tonight I'll Be Staying Here w/ You' from forthcoming live album can be heard here:
    http://www1.rollingstone.com/hearitnow/ ... rowes.html
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Those shows were the best...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Looking for some feedback :arrow: .....

I'm going to pre-order 'Wiser for the Time' LP set. Easy Street has it for $71.93 (shipping included) while the Crowes' webstore has it for $81.23 (shipping included) :? . Other than the obvious savings, any strong arguments for ordering from one place over the other? For example, one of CRB's CD's that was pre-ordered from their store came signed by Chris. From where did you pre-order 'WFTTime'??
  • Options
    jjflash wrote:
    Looking for some feedback :arrow: .....

I'm going to pre-order 'Wiser for the Time' LP set. Easy Street has it for $71.93 (shipping included) while the Crowes' webstore has it for $81.23 (shipping included) :? . Other than the obvious savings, any strong arguments for ordering from one place over the other? For example, one of CRB's CD's that was pre-ordered from their store came signed by Chris. From where did you pre-order 'WFTTime'??

::insert here sound of crickets:: ;) Anyone have thoughts/comments on the above^^^^?
  • Options
    BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 695
    Received the Wiser For The Time vinyl box set in the mail today! Pre-ordered from the Black Crowes website. Looks very cool from the outside but haven't opened it yet. Will hopefully get to that later tonight and start spinning it. 8-)
  • Options
    BrainOfJHA wrote:
    Received the Wiser For The Time vinyl box set in the mail today! Pre-ordered from the Black Crowes website. Looks very cool from the outside but haven't opened it yet. Will hopefully get to that later tonight and start spinning it. 8-)

pics??

Want to order, but it'd be wise if I hold off for a little
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    Getting super jacked up for the Philly show in a couple of weeks. On a major Crowe kick this week and enjoying every second of it.

Haven't seen them since '95
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead