Options

Political Correctness is BS

Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
edited February 2018 in A Moving Train
most people don't say what the actually feel most of the time anymore, they care far too much about what others will think and how they will be perceived, the First Amendment is totally fucking dead.

Post edited by Kat on

Comments

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    What are your thoughts on NFL players taking a knee?
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    most people don't say what the actually feel most of the time anymore, they care far too much about what others will think and how they will be perceived, the First Amendment is totally fucking dead.

Weren't you just ripping on protesters in another thread? Are you for or against 1st amendment....
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Are we talking about the First Amendment or political correctness?
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,798
    define political correctness....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    mickeyrat said:
    define political correctness....
    Caitlyn Jenner looks like a dude 

(not politically correct) 
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Caitlyn Jenner is a dude.

(Not politically correct?)
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    edited February 2018
    Post your picture Big Hank.  We can all go UnPC on you.

But we'd get banned, because being a dick isn't good for discourse.
    Post edited by Smellyman on
  • Options
    tbergs said:

Weren't you just ripping on protesters in another thread? Are you for or against 1st amendment....
    no it was the only Bernie meme I had, but I protesting hypocrisy, because had Hillary & the DNC not cheated Bernie, he would have easily beaten Trump, and everyone just let them get away with it, so that makes everyone that let Hillary & Debbie Wasserman-Schultz get away with it, complicit in elected Donald Trump, because Hillary was the only candidate that Trump could possibly win against. So it is absolute hypocrisy, and if your decision on the way you feel is based upon what Party they represent, then you are fake, a fraud. If someone is bad, they are bad regardless of if they are Republican or Democrat

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,631
    unsung said:

This is a good example. The term PC has been around since 1990 that I can remember. My definition of it is using language that reflects inclusiveness and equality. Those are things I value so I don’t live in a struggle with the so called PC culture. I don’t say racist or sexist things, I don’t call women girls, I know the difference between race, ethnicity, and nationality, I understand gender and sexuality can be fluid, so I respect people who experience that fluidity, etc. I don’t find these things difficult to believe in. It basically boils down to the no. 1 rule of not beng an ass**le. 
  • Options
    tbergs said:

no it was the only Bernie meme I had, but I protesting hypocrisy, because had Hillary & the DNC not cheated Bernie, he would have easily beaten Trump, and everyone just let them get away with it, so that makes everyone that let Hillary & Debbie Wasserman-Schultz get away with it, complicit in elected Donald Trump, because Hillary was the only candidate that Trump could possibly win against. So it is absolute hypocrisy, and if your decision on the way you feel is based upon what Party they represent, then you are fake, a fraud. If someone is bad, they are bad regardless of if they are Republican or Democrat

Bernie lost and he would not have beaten Team Trump Treason. Especially with Team Trump Treason’s assist from Russia.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Smellyman said:

Be a hater, I don't care
  • Options
    Smellyman said:

Here's another
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    tbergs said:

You voted for a person who had no chance of beating Trump so you have your own complicity to contend with.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    unsung said:

This is a good example. The term PC has been around since 1990 that I can remember. My definition of it is using language that reflects inclusiveness and equality. Those are things I value so I don’t live in a struggle with the so called PC culture. I don’t say racist or sexist things, I don’t call women girls, I know the difference between race, ethnicity, and nationality, I understand gender and sexuality can be fluid, so I respect people who experience that fluidity, etc. I don’t find these things difficult to believe in. It basically boils down to the no. 1 rule of not beng an ass**le. 
    I am not going to feel bad that when I saw this picture that I thought it was a man, I found out later it is Rachel Maddow, so if I had referred to her as a "Sir" not knowing it was a woman, I'd feel bad, but she shouldn't be mad
  • Options
    Smellyman said:

Here's another
    That shape is good for your face and not out of date or style, but they are a little too wide.  Next time when you find a frame you like, ask your optical person if the size is good and if they can order in other sizes.  If you bring them down a size the lens will be more centered on your eye and there will be less of the distortion which gives a fishbowl feel to the world, though most people don't notice that overtly, they often notice when it disappears with new glasses.
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    Smellyman said:

Here's another
    That shape is good for your face and not out of date or style, but they are a little too wide.  Next time when you find a frame you like, ask your optical person if the size is good and if they can order in other sizes.  If you bring them down a size the lens will be more centered on your eye and there will be less of the distortion which gives a fishbowl feel to the world, though most people don't notice that overtly, they often notice when it disappears with new glasses.
    thanks I am nearsighted so I am new to glasses in the last few years, I picked them out online at greateyeglasses.com they ended up being less than 60 bucks, so I thought that was pretty awesome
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    tbergs said:

You voted for a person who had no chance of beating Trump so you have your own complicity to contend with.
    No I am not complicit for not voting for someone who is every bit the criminal as Donald Trump, I have too high of a moral code to support someone that corrupt
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    Smellyman said:

Here's another
    thanks I am nearsighted so I am new to glasses in the last few years, I picked them out online at greateyeglasses.com they ended up being less than 60 bucks, so I thought that was pretty awesome
    Booooooo!!!! Go see your eye doctor and buy some frames from them!
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    Smellyman said:

Here's another
    Booooooo!!!! Go see your eye doctor and buy some frames from them!
    I got my eye test from a eye doctor inside the local Costco, cost $75 bucks
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,727
    I always say exactly what's on my mind and I'm here to tell ya, guys with scars suck.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    (and are bullshitters)  :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    brianlux said:
    I always say exactly what's on my mind and I'm here to tell ya, guys with scars suck.

• Options
    ^^^ I always find Louise Hay fans really cool and interesting people!  :smile:

• Options
    brianlux said:
    ^^^ I always find Louise Hay fans really cool and interesting people!  :smile:
    yes, very great way of looking at things
  • Options
    riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    Puting up photos of ourselves now? 
  • Options
    riley540 said:
    Puting up photos of ourselves now? 
    lol, someone earlier told me to post a pic
  • Options
    Whats with the selfies
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    Whats with the selfies
    Bunch of dudes posting selfies like this is Tinder ;)
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    Whats with the selfies
    Bunch of dudes posting selfies like this is Tinder ;)
    What's Tinder?

• Options
    Its a dating app and grinder is the gay version so take your pick.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -