Options

BLM a terrorist organization??

Stickman12Stickman12 Posts: 504
edited July 2016 in A Moving Train
There is a petition to classify BLM as a terrorist organization. Does their actions, messages, and behavior warrant this classification or are recent injustices cause and justifications for their actions, messages, and behaviors.
(Petition below is for reference only)
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/formally-recognize-black-lives-matter-terrorist-organization
Post edited by Stickman12 on

Comments

• Options
    Are you asking for signatures?
    Are you drunk?
  • Options
    No just referencing the petition. You can read what they are saying in their petition
  • Options
    And not drunk yet
  • Options

And not drunk yet

Ah, I see.
    Sunday funday drunkday!
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888

And not drunk yet

Ah, I see.
    Sunday funday drunkday!
    I m on my way..... Must not get into political discussion on the boards....
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

And not drunk yet

Ah, I see.
    Sunday funday drunkday!
    I m on my way..... Must not get into political discussion on the boards....
    Just trying to understand people's perspective. I will admit I am not educated on this but in the past couple days this narrative had exploded
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    Never going to happen. They are one of Barry's and the Hildabeasts favorite photo opps. Gives the libbies that sweet little warm feeling in their hearts and the media loves and needs them.

You got to love Free Speech when they chant " What do we want, DEAD COPS, when do we want it....NOW!!!! Or "PIG's in Blanket". And here is a little doo-see these "Peaceful" protesters were chanting yesterday in Chicago ...."Dallas, meet the Revolution...Dallas meet the Revolution". I really encourage anyone who is on the fence with these oxygen thieves and attend one of these Peaceful BLM protests, then form your opinion.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,721
    I'm not at all a fan of some of BLM's methods but unless I'm mistaken, BLM has not been convicted of any killings. If that's true, I don't see how they can be labeled "terrorist". That word is often misunderstood and thrown around inaccurately a lot already. The average person, for example, does not even know the difference between the words "terrorism" and "sabotage".
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    muskydan said:

Never going to happen. They are one of Barry's and the Hildabeasts favorite photo opps. Gives the libbies that sweet little warm feeling in their hearts and the media loves and needs them.

You got to love Free Speech when they chant " What do we want, DEAD COPS, when do we want it....NOW!!!! Or "PIG's in Blanket". And here is a little doo-see these "Peaceful" protesters were chanting yesterday in Chicago ...."Dallas, meet the Revolution...Dallas meet the Revolution". I really encourage anyone who is on the fence with these oxygen thieves and attend one of these Peaceful BLM protests, then form your opinion.

Yep
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PelVrRyNCU0
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    This idea that black lives matter is a terrorist organization came from Rush Limbaugh. That says everything.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,547
    Free said:

This idea that black lives matter is a terrorist organization came from Rush Limbaugh. That says everything.

Yup
  • Options

Free said:

Yup
    There you go. Like I said, some may not like their tactics (I'm not a fan of all they do but I get the gist of why they are angry) but to call them "terrorist" is just lame and fanning the flames (which, no doubt, is the point).

It's worth considering why BLM became as extreme as they are. Why do you suppose that is? (Easy answer.)
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    These are the same people who support Osama Bin Trump.

Murica double standards!
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Painting that organization (if that's what it is - honestly not sure of the proper terminology) with one huge brush is as off-course as slapping the colored bristles on any other group coming together to enact genuine good.

Don't let those who've veered beyond compassion and rationale speak for the ones who just want to live, and let live, in peace.
  • Options
    ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    Somewhat off topic, but if this group can mobilize soooooo many people, with so much passion, why don't they organize in Chicago to help eradicate the 1000 or more deaths caused by black-on-black crime each year? And that's just one city. Do black lives only matter if they die at the hands of cops?
  • Options
    Shawshank said:

Somewhat off topic, but if this group can mobilize soooooo many people, with so much passion, why don't they organize in Chicago to help eradicate the 1000 or more deaths caused by black-on-black crime each year? And that's just one city. Do black lives only matter if they die at the hands of cops?

There's a certain amount of logic to what you're proposing but maybe putting the cart before the horse? Might not eradicating poverty and racial profiling which leads to poverty in the first place do the same thing only better and more broadly?

• Options
    ^^^

"Let them eat cake."
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    I'm not sure how racial profiling leads directly to poverty to begin with...please explain. And is that the only means?
  • Options
    hedonist said:

I'm not sure how racial profiling leads directly to poverty to begin with...please explain. And is that the only means?

Nice to see that you have some claws around here.
    Mr. Lux over to you.
  • Options
    ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    edited July 2016
    brianlux said:

There's a certain amount of logic to what you're proposing but maybe putting the cart before the horse? Might not eradicating poverty and racial profiling which leads to poverty in the first place do the same thing only better and more broadly?

Let's get one thing straight...no one in Chicago is gunning down another human being in order to put food on the table. This isn't the 1920's, and very few people alive in the US even have the slightest inkling of what true poverty is. They may think they do, but they don't.

Even the most minimal of assistance that is given in modern times is light years ahead of what our grand parents and great grand parents received. Not to mention the true modern day poverty that exists in other parts of this world (which interestingly enough...most of those regions do not have violent crime at our levels). I realize that we are a nation that will find any reason to shift blame, but it's not a valid argument.

This is a community issue. It's broken families. It's poor examples of humanity that are created at home and exacerbated on the streets.

If this group truly cared about the lives of black people, they would patrol their neighborhoods, reach out to those in need, and create a community thats sole purpose is to protect the very lives they are marching for.

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Maybe some of you should head over to their web page to figure out who they are and what they are about before commenting.

http://blacklivesmatter.com/guiding-principles/
  • Options

hedonist said:

Mr. Lux over to you.
    Claws, what?

Mr. Announcer...drop the mic, drop the mic.

I've got no flames going here; if you do, fan your own.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Art Acevedo hit the nail on the head. Don't judge an entire group based on one cop killer. Love how he stuck it to Lt Gov Patrick.
  • Options

hedonist said:

Mr. Lux over to you.
    Lux is a flake. Don't listen to that idiot.

• Options
    Stalling for time? You bet.

OK. it's late. In a small jar it's like this:

Racial profiling does not lead directly to poverty and no, it's not the only means.

I know, I know. I really was going somewhere with that but I've lost the trail and the hounds have all gone to bed. Me too before I fall on my face. I'll try to find it again later.

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,547
    brianlux said:

Racial profiling does not lead directly to poverty and no, it's not the only means.

I know, I know. I really was going somewhere with that but I've lost the trail and the hounds have all gone to bed. Me too before I fall on my face. I'll try to find it again later.

Brian its time to put down that sample of Humboldt County's finest and get some sleep.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Shawshank said:

First of all, congratulations for parroting another pile of Limbaugh feces! Did you think about this before you posted it? I sure hope not.

Second of all, it makes little sense.
    Do you really think the organization required to end gang related violence is as easy as the organization required in telling people, "meet here for a protest"?? Surely you don't, you're not a moron.
    Who would they be seeking redress from with their organizational efforts? The gangs? The thousands of different individuals, operating under no real connection, that are responsible for perpetrating the crimes?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options

brianlux said:

Brian its time to put down that sample of Humboldt County's finest and get some sleep.
    :lol:

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Shawshank said:

brianlux said:

Let's get one thing straight...no one in Chicago is gunning down another human being in order to put food on the table. This isn't the 1920's, and very few people alive in the US even have the slightest inkling of what true poverty is. They may think they do, but they don't.

Even the most minimal of assistance that is given in modern times is light years ahead of what our grand parents and great grand parents received. Not to mention the true modern day poverty that exists in other parts of this world (which interestingly enough...most of those regions do not have violent crime at our levels). I realize that we are a nation that will find any reason to shift blame, but it's not a valid argument.

This is a community issue. It's broken families. It's poor examples of humanity that are created at home and exacerbated on the streets.

If this group truly cared about the lives of black people, they would patrol their neighborhoods, reach out to those in need, and create a community thats sole purpose is to protect the very lives they are marching for.
    I think its hard to argue with this

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    dignin said:

Maybe some of you should head over to their web page to figure out who they are and what they are about before commenting.

http://blacklivesmatter.com/guiding-principles/

just popped onto the site with the link you provided... below is the first line of their statement, and frankly its pure sensationalized bullshit... I didn't feel a need to read further

"Black Lives Matter is an ideological and political intervention in a world where Black lives are systematically and intentionally targeted for demise."